Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cross Save / Cross Play / Cross Platform / Cross Progress / Account Transfer / Account Migration Megathread

(PSN)CagzJohn06

5 minutes ago, Rossflex said:

I know I just don't wanna restart and then they say crossplay/cross-save is coming lol 

They've been saying it's being worked on for years.  Good chance you'll get further than your PC account before they actually get done. 

It is so simple though.  Why doesn't DE just make it so the platform earned on one platform stays there?  I spent easily 500 hours on ps4 playing this game when I was active duty.  I now have a awesome PC that I want to play Warframe on, but i spent so much time grinding.  Also,  if you earned something on ps4 two years ago, just make it unsellable on PC and vice versa.  It is so simple in my opinion and sad because I miss playing this game, but I am not doing all of that work again. It gets old quick and I want to enjoy my stuff with better graphics and higher fps.  

6 minutes ago, KORYMACK said:

It is so simple though.  Why doesn't DE just make it so the platform earned on one platform stays there?  I spent easily 500 hours on ps4 playing this game when I was active duty.  I now have a awesome PC that I want to play Warframe on, but i spent so much time grinding.  Also,  if you earned something on ps4 two years ago, just make it unsellable on PC and vice versa.  It is so simple in my opinion and sad because I miss playing this game, but I am not doing all of that work again. It gets old quick and I want to enjoy my stuff with better graphics and higher fps.  

Because of different trade values making it advantageous swapping from platform to platform. That would be my guess.

Exactly my point.  Don't let people trade stuff they earn on different platforms, and make that platinum only available on the platform they purchase/sell from.  If I have a whole equinox prime set I earned on ps4, then don't let me sell it on PC and vice versa.  If I earned all bp's except the neuroptics on pc, then I can't sell a full set on ps4.  Just put a little logo on each part signifying which platform certain loot was earned and there really wouldn't be a way to manipulate it.  You have a platinum "wallet" for each platform that is not interchangeable.  I have like 700 plat on ps4 and im cool to lose it all.  I don't wanna have to buy a ps5 to use my stuff again, and it's not like a could anyways.

6 minutes ago, KORYMACK said:

Exactly my point.  Don't let people trade stuff they earn on different platforms, and make that platinum only available on the platform they purchase/sell from.  If I have a whole equinox prime set I earned on ps4, then don't let me sell it on PC and vice versa.  If I earned all bp's except the neuroptics on pc, then I can't sell a full set on ps4.  Just put a little logo on each part signifying which platform certain loot was earned and there really wouldn't be a way to manipulate it.  You have a platinum "wallet" for each platform that is not interchangeable.  I have like 700 plat on ps4 and im cool to lose it all.  I don't wanna have to buy a ps5 to use my stuff again, and it's not like a could anyways.

Ok I thought you were saying to be able to cross transfer and take all your plat with you. But even then you could argue that gear is easier to acquire on PC and therefore would be an advantage to take to console as an example.

7 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Ok I thought you were saying to be able to cross transfer and take all your plat with you. But even then you could argue that gear is easier to acquire on PC and therefore would be an advantage to take to console as an example.

In theory, you are correct.  I do not see anybody doing this in an abusive way.  Also, the Tenno community is more of a coop thing and we are not really competing with each other in my opinion.  If anybody really wants to go through the trouble to do that just to carry a team in a long-wave survival or something, then so be it.  I guess you could say conclave is pvp, but then very simply make those mods only available on the platform you earned it.  OR, just make it so you can only go in between accounts once per year or by special request, and still keep the platinum platform specific.  If you had to put a request in to move accounts, then DE could monitor what you are doing with your account and scan for any abusive/suspicious activity.  If it is really a coding issue or developer problem, then I am sure they can figure it out.  I understand it takes time, but other games have done it.   I was even able to migrate my GTA account at one time, and that game has a lot more going on.  I just want to play again, but being a level 2 on EARTH is so boring when I know what my lvl 23? character is capable of. =(

2 minutes ago, KORYMACK said:

In theory, you are correct.  I do not see anybody doing this in an abusive way.  Also, the Tenno community is more of a coop thing and we are not really competing with each other in my opinion.  If anybody really wants to go through the trouble to do that just to carry a team in a long-wave survival or something, then so be it.  I guess you could say conclave is pvp, but then very simply make those mods only available on the platform you earned it.  OR, just make it so you can only go in between accounts once per year or by special request, and still keep the platinum platform specific.  If you had to put a request in to move accounts, then DE could monitor what you are doing with your account and scan for any abusive/suspicious activity.  If it is really a coding issue or developer problem, then I am sure they can figure it out.  I understand it takes time, but other games have done it.   I was even able to migrate my GTA account at one time, and that game has a lot more going on.  I just want to play again, but being a level 2 on EARTH is so boring when I know what my lvl 23? character is capable of. =(

I completely agree with you and I think they should just allow it. I'm just theorizing on why they would not do so. 
My realistic reason? Because they can't be bothered/are focusing on other things.

Just now, -CdG-Zilchy said:

I completely agree with you and I think they should just allow it. I'm just theorizing on why they would not do so. 
My realistic reason? Because they can't be bothered/are focusing on other things.

Well they would earn a lot more money from me if they did.  I follow the game and see everything they have added/are adding.  I want it, but I will be so annoyed if in 6 months they release cross-save and my old character is still better than my current one on pc and I would have wasted my time.

Just now, KORYMACK said:

Well they would earn a lot more money from me if they did.  I follow the game and see everything they have added/are adding.  I want it, but I will be so annoyed if in 6 months they release cross-save and my old character is still better than my current one on pc and I would have wasted my time.

I hear ya. You said 500 hours before. Not wishing to depreciate your progress but I'd imagine with the right team mates you could get back to that level pretty quickly. This game ends up sucking thousands of hours out of you so 500 is kind've mid point before the farming red mist descends.

You have 300 hrs worth of knowledge in this game.

With that knowledge you could shave off a stupid amount of hours from the process of restarting.

For example, knowing what weapons are good for you, how mechanics of the game works, beating enemies you used to struggle on because you were new at that time, etc.

You may find it takes you just a few days to surpass what your other account has done so far.

I am a long time pc player, but lately i am moving most of my gaming away from pc.  Warframe is basically one of the few games that i am still playing on PC, i never bothered migrating on ps4 since it was a huge downgrade from the experience i was used to, but since the ps5 version is very close to the experience on a decent desktop i am eager to swap platform.

Is there any known plan to open up account migration again? the only info i could find is that is not available at this time but devs might have said something on twitter, reddit or some other obscure platform.

And if and when a window for migration is opened, will my platinum migrate aswell? since i skipped the ps4 migration i dont know if plats were transferred, i have over 10k now and even if its not a huge amount it would piss me a bit to lose all of them

I haven't heard anything at all about account migration for ps5, but there has been talk about cross save for a long time.  It sounds like cross save is a lot more complex than it seems at first glance and that while it is on their radar, and they do have someone who works on it a little bit, it's very low priority.

7 minutes ago, mkah_mvet said:

I haven't heard anything at all about account migration for ps5, but there has been talk about cross save for a long time.  It sounds like cross save is a lot more complex than it seems at first glance and that while it is on their radar, and they do have someone who works on it a little bit, it's very low priority.

I guess cross save is not inherently hard to implement, much harder to get the platforms and stores on board with it. They simply dont want you to purchase platinum on another platform for a lower rate.

2 minutes ago, (PSN)Shaun-T-Wilson said:

Since ps5 uses the ps4 playerbase migration isnt needed, DE only does migrations on brand new platforms without any exsisting playerbase.

Hope that is not the case. Its a whole different generation, with people even switching sides with consoles (xbox user going for ps5 and vice versa)

5 minutes ago, JohnKable said:

Hope that is not the case. Its a whole different generation, with people even switching sides with consoles (xbox user going for ps5 and vice versa)

Well the PS5 is already out, that's how it has worked. Same with XBox, the game just uses the accounts already there. Like buying a new PC.

it will be far safer to just assume that it will absolutely never happen.

i don't really follow the timeline, but from what i understand, a tenno recommended this idea on some live event when a DE staff read it and reacted "hey that's an awesome idea!"
probably the DE staff didn't think far enough because at that second it does seemed like a great idea. i'm guessing when they took the idea to their actual meetings, they soon realize that it's just not as great idea as it sounds; there are plenty issues that have been talked multiple times, i'm not going to go through them again.

by the time DE try to damage control the issue by saying stuff along the lines of "we'll see what we can do, but don't wait for it", some kids army have spun it to "DE WILL DEFINITELY GIVE US CROSS PLAY AND CROSS SAVE JUST WAIT!!! THEY'VE PROMISED" and irresponsibly spread this message all over the internet. while in all reality, even if they did promised on some twitter status or livestream that i missed, it's a promise that they most probably won't be able to keep.

so yeah, it will be far safer to just assume that it will absolutely never happen.

While DE has expressed interest in implementing more account migrations across platforms, it is ultimately not up to DE. DE requires the permission from the console manufacturer(s) in order to implement more account migrations, cross-save, cross-play, etc... as it is ultimately up to the console manufacturers to say what can and what cannot be put onto their consoles. 

DE also needs all three console manufacturers (Sony, Microsoft & Nintendo) to agree to the same terms, as only implementing migrations/cross-save/cross-play on one or two consoles (rather than all three) would be considered unfair treatment to players who are denied access to the functionality.

i need this to happen or i cant play there game again im not  going out to buy a new xbox when i have a pc i gave the xbox to my brother because im leaving for the army but i have my pc and i wanna e able to play with him because hes not the best i have 3 years on the game with every prime unlocked im not doing all this over again pls for the love of god add cross save from xbox to pc 

So i am thinking about coming back to the game since i lately got a strong pc, i used to play on my xbox one and wanted to hear if it was possible to login with that account on my pc as well or if all my previous time and money spent on the game on my xbox has been wasted. 

Archived