Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Helminth: Dev Workshop

[DE]Rebecca

vor 15 Minuten schrieb (PS4)The_Verethragna:

Overpowered is the wrong word.

The necessity of building pizzas is a system of the game. Dispensary flouts that system.

While having a single Frame that can do that is fine, giving it to every Frame allows every Frame to flout the system, in which case why does the system exist at all?

Maybe you see it as a useless ability. That's fine. Different people, different mindsets.

But I'd much rather put that ability on every Frame in place of a less useful ability for the convenience of never having to spend Credits and resources to build pizzas, never having to wait for Foundry timers during the creation of pizzas, never needing Zenurik for infinite energy anymore, ect.

Maybe it's just me with over 2k energy pizza that doesn't get it but to be honest there is also another reason why I don't think this ability is super useful, the way I build my frames and weapons and how I use them means I never (almost) need any of this (I have over 2k energy pizzas bc I build them but never use them) I don't need health bc I have Magus elevate or just use Nezhas abilities and i early need ammo bc most guns are very ammo efficient (the only gun I use that sometimes runs out of ammo is akjagara prime) While I can kinda get why you think the ability is very good and would use it on alot of frames just for the convenience I think more people would just use that slot for a more useful or fun ability. And to kinda sum it up and also address another point of yours, bc this is one ability out of around 50 that compete for only one slot on any frame I don't think it completely breaks the system of pizzas and other thinks that can restore stuff for you. If it was the only good choose then sure but bc there is so much good and even just decent competition I dont see this being a big problem and just being a plus point for the few that really dislike pizzas but still want the benefit and also don't want any other abilities 

To those who are wailing and gnashing teeth and covering themselves in sackcloth and ashes because of the Helminth System "breaking" the game, how about you just take a breath and let the system play for a while. Let people have some fun. I note that many who are screaming in agony at the percieved hords of people that will be "breaking" the game for them still whine about the people using the Kuva Bramma. For crying out loud, let it go! I am a high MR player, MR 29, to be exact, and I run set to Public quite often. It does not bother me at all to have peeple use the Bramma. It never bothered me pre-nerf. This is a game I enjoy playing. I enjoy the community overall because the vast majority play WF for the reason I do. It is the most fun game out there. DE is delivering something I have never seen in any other game and they did it, for the most part, from their homes. This is incredible. So, those who are complaing so much about these teeming masses of Public players, what? "Stealing your kills"? Do what I dd when I do not want to have randoms to deal with. set to Solo or invite only and squad with your clan mates. When you are set to public, you get what you get. You know what though? I have met more friends being set to public than I would ever have imagined. Also, I have gained a ton of tips and expertise from running public groups. Every person on the planet makes a choice to be happy or to be angry. Choose happy. Let people have fun. What is fun for you does not have to be what is fun for everyone else. Play nice, folks. Dont keep stealing everyone elses candy. 🙂

vor 31 Minuten schrieb Conchetulandia:

well
My bad then, but even so, since I came back to this game I've realized that MR doesn't mean a lot anymore, back in my time, getting to MR 20 was a HUGE deal... now anyone can get to MR 25

MR has never meant anything to me and I remember MR 14 being the highest possible 

4 minutes ago, kuryux said:

Rhino is way more than roar, there is Rhino CC and Rhino index builds for example

I agree. However, I apologize but I'm just expressing my frustrations. Stomp is the only thing left for him now. 

Rhino is still one of the best for index. But Wukong, Revenant and Hildryn are as well. Matter of preference.

His Roar damage buff was the ability that stood out of his kit, that made you pick him over Chroma or other damage buffing abilities since it also boost abilities damage. You are giving that to every frame so now whats the point of taking him for...say eidolon hunts if everyone has what made him good.

2 minutes ago, Darkmega18 said:

To those who didn't do their MR: so you're not bothered that every time you gotta forma your stuff your mod capacity becomes garbage again? I went for the MR for the free mod capacity and to unlock stuff. sounds like a terrible waste for when you get xp boosters too to make that stuff go quick. it's not exactly a case of "it's just a number", it does have it's uses.

I NEVER said it wasn't useful. NEVER. Because it's obviously is useful. I think you're missing my point and I can't exactly blame you because I understand your point of view.

-More Void traces? Obviously, it's more useful, but I like farming so it's not that much of a problem.

-More mod capacity from get go? Obviously, It's has it's use: But what if you want to give tips to a new players? Trust me, for that it's a little harder because then you need to ask them how much capacity they currently to help them.

-Higher daily standing? Well, as much as it's handy to rush standing as fast as possible when you need the standing. But if you like raising all your standing everyday, high daily means more missions (In most case): Meaning it'll take more time because more mission. Meaning less time for other things so you need to organize your day or you don't. I'm fine with putting 9k everywhere within 2 quest and go do something else for the day.

And there's more thing that it can affect but I'm not gonna list them all: Because we both know them. I get you and sorry I explained myself poorly in the last comment.

3 minutes ago, Pizzarugi said:

I wouldn't if press-4-to-win frames weren't dictating how I play by killing everything and leaving me nothing to do except walk to extraction.

Last I remember, Warframe is a horde shooter, not a walking simulator.

Funny how most people never consider how others feel about them taking away their fun.

So.... use a different frame? Sounds like the real problem here is that you don't appreciate Warframe's design philosophy. Steve has said many times that he's willing to break it to keep it going forward. That's fun for me and many other people. If DE only ever listened to people like you who want balance at the expense of features, it would be like every other game out there. 

From my perspective, you're the one who would rather see our fun taken away. 

1 minute ago, VruxVrango said:

I was super excited reading this until i got to Valkyr, while i don't disagree with the choice of warcry, I question if this will leave Valkyr as a frame that people play, as her ripline and paralysis seem to be used very little already and her claws can be out-preformed by other melee weapons, by taking her attack speed buff and its accompanying armor buff i feel like this leaves her in a very bad place in terms of being chosen to run content, does anyone else have any thoughts about this?

The Armor buff only truly helps frames with high armor anyway. I mean a frame with like 200 armor gaining 100-250 more isn't a whole lot of DR. We already have Arcane Strike that pretty much procs all the time. The slow down could be interesting though. Things like Roar and Eclipse will maybe bring her claws in line with melee as a whole and abilities like Larva, Condemn and Ensnare can all benefit her greatly. 

2 hours ago, --Q--FSK41 said:

This game is since the enemies were literally butchered already unbalanced and too easy but with this is will  become more broken,Mesa Eclipse,Saryn/roar I can go on all day,its just stupid OP ,or buff frames like banshee with Hildryn pillage..... etc PLS do not put this into the game,it throws frame balance out of the window  COMPLETELY

I’m glad there’s people like you who find this game very easy, so DE will constantly put out endgame content. 
Unfortunately there are also unskilled and stupid people like me who keeps on playing the game solo and find certain parts pretty hard to get past, like the dumb Pursuit mission or mastery rank 9 test which I’ll simply never pass because I don’t have the right frame nor i like stealth mechanics in a game that can totally be played with no stealth approach save for the walls DE put in between progression to frustrate people who don’t like certain game mechanics, I suppose just to please people who constantly want more and different things in a game. 
maybe there’s people who just want to grind and grind on the same kind of missions without having to train themselves to do something they don’t like just to be able to rise their rank and equip different weapons. 
Diablo is a pretty repetitive game, for instance, but I haven’t ever heard someone wanting stealth sections or logic puzzle mini games in it and everyone is fine with the game. 
In Warframe we have to get every mechanic possible, don’t we? Why don’t add timed vehicle races nodes in the Duviri Paradox area? Or beat’em up missions à la King of Fighters??

😤😤😤😤

3 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

- You can replace 1 Ability per Warframe.

3 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

When you infuse these, you will receive a prompt that you can only have 1 Damage Buffing ability at a time, and thus you are limited to replacing said ability type. Which is to say - Damage Buffing abilities can only be swapped with Damage Buffing Abilities on Warframes that already have them.

Can you please remove such limitations? Warframe is about OP stuff and overkill - please, let us have more OP and overkill! 

1 hour ago, Ben_Pls_ said:

This is absolutely the worst update to any game I have ever heard of. You literally have decided that any warframe is allowed to pick up Rhino's Piercing Roar ability. Are you insane? Every other ability on the list isn't even close in terms of power. Not only that, but if you can just plug Piercing Roar on literally any warframe of your choosing, what reason does anyone have to play Rhino anymore? Rhino Stomp? Sure he's a tanky frame, but so is Inaros. And now Inaros can have Piercing Roar too? Please admit that this system is a poor idea and figure out a way to rework it. If you actually read the comments and want an opinion on how to implement this system properly, then remove the whole idea of sacrificing warframes for their abilities. The default abilities are a good start. If you were to add another ability to each warframe (or use your overwrite system if you must) and have a pool of new abilities to draw from, I believe it would have your intended effect of adding diversity to the game. If this update goes through as is, I'm fairly confident I won't be the only one quitting the game. Please don't ruin my favorite game. Thanks.

I get what you are saying, but aside from Sonar immune enemies.(Eidolons)

I can now replace Sound Quake with an ability that needs no Augment and actually does CC.

Combining a group up ability with Sonic Fracture for Armor Strip and Resonating Sonar for damage....Shield Gating is just icing on the cake.

No Piercing Roar for me!

2 hours ago, --Q--Candy said:

This is incorrect. You have stuff like Volt - Shock there. With the Augment this is a crazy Ability to increase dmg. Can we get a limitation there too?

Shuriken + Seekign Shuriken = Remove Armor from all enemies... Now even grineer are a joke like all other factions.
Rest & Rage = Now you can bee your own Sleep Equinox to power level / fokus farm.
Nourish = Extremly strong toxin buff. The quote from above applies here.
Smite + Smite Infusion = Same thing as the Quote applies here and it even has scaling dmg...
Dispensary = Endless Energy for all Warframes.... This doesnt seem broken at all...

This system needs Heavy Nerfs and active maintenance.This has the potential to kill the balance in this game forever. If it will be relased like this and wont get balanced very often you can say goodbye to all sorts of Balance in this game.
I hope that you will do something about this, else we can say goodbye to ever have any challenge in this game.

(Shutout to the comment from --Q--FSK41 a few posts down. This System will kill everything)

Please excuse my friend here Rebecca, hes a bit special.

Everyone just have a little faith in the dev team.

this system could be quite fun, and seems like a cool fresh idea to the game, some people may be overthinking it more than it should be overthinked and it may be fine. its optional, let players make the choice themselves, if you dont want to use it, dont. but for others dont take away something theyd actually enjoy just because you hate it.

player CHOICE is a thing after all, and this helminth system seems like a huge choice across the whole game. more options is a good thing. 

10 minutes ago, H8RAID said:

Balance guy prophesying about game breaking synergies in a power fantasy PVE game = fun cop.  

I've seen Mirage and Rhino in the same squad.  I've seen Chroma and Rhino in the same squad.

I dunno, the game seems fine to me.  

And usually it's like "whoa, what the - *checks list* - oh, those two. That makes sense."

Now that's gonna be most lobbies.

7 minutes ago, (NSW)StoneGhost said:

So.... use a different frame? Sounds like the real problem here is that you don't appreciate Warframe's design philosophy. Steve has said many times that he's willing to break it to keep it going forward. That's fun for me and many other people. If DE only ever listened to people like you who want balance at the expense of features, it would be like every other game out there. 

From my perspective, you're the one who would rather see our fun taken away. 

I don't use press-4-to-win frames. My problem is that I get teamed up with people who do.

Trying to use LFG to run any and every mission is impossible. If DE insists on keeping such broken nuke frames in the game, they should at least give players the ability to blacklist frames from their matchmaking so they don't join teams that have them or allow the blacklisted to join in on them. Literally that's the least they could do and people like me would have no reason to complain.

Also, design philosophy? Way back in the day, Excalibur's 4 used to be Radial Javelin which DE eventually nerfed, because they were upholding a philosophy that the game shouldn't boil down to becoming press-4-to-win. Ironic that this game has become what they first set out against.

Just now, Pizzarugi said:

I don't use press-4-to-win frames. My problem is that I get teamed up with people who do.

Trying to use LFG to run any and every mission is impossible. If DE insists on keeping such broken nuke frames in the game, they should at least give players the ability to blacklist frames from their matchmaking so they don't join teams that have them. Literally that's the least they could do and people like me would have no reason to complain.

Also, design philosophy? Way back in the day, Excalibur's 4 used to be Radial Javelin which DE eventually nerfed, because they were upholding a philosophy that the game shouldn't boil down to becoming press-4-to-win.

i disagree. 

15 minutes ago, saviorBOB7 said:

Players with low MR can 100% be just as good as high MR players however I think they see MR as the max "needed" MR rank

As 15 is the last rank to unlock weapons and all levels after that are purely the normal MR unlocks of standing cap and the such

Agreed. Seen like that it does make some sense.

13 minutes ago, (PS4)DoctorWho_90250 said:

Basically, some people need to feel superior over others. That's all this is. 

I'm not sure if that's a jab, but just in case I shall not participate in it. (But I've read it. You've been noticed.)

27 minutes ago, Maugre said:

Agreed. Im an mr28, almost 29, and can say i definitely just do it for the fun of it. I know plenty of low mr players that regularly do better than others closer or higher than me. There should be a system to keep less experienced players from accidentally blowing up their warframes with helminth, but not mr.

Maybe a checklist system, like they have for the rails. Defeat a lich, clear war within, 90% node completion, etc 

That would be much more interesting, at least to me. Or timed with your daily logging or amount of hours played in the game: But I think mine would be more problematic for people that doesn't have much time but do well in the game. Love your idea!

Archived