Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Helminth: Dev Workshop

[DE]Rebecca

I love the infested so i was super hyped about this update needless to say this new info hit me like a speeding 18 wheeler next time instead of giving hope to people who love the faction that is getting expanded upon just to crush that hope to oblivion maybe start with the mastery rank requirements so there is no false hope

Also, the MR restriction should be around 8-10, since all Warframes MR requirements don't go past 8, meaning even though you can acquire every frame, you've still got a while before they can reach their full potential.

Looking at the comments, I've noticed some outrage at some of the subsumeable (that's not a word) abilities and the potential they have to shift the meta and, I'm just gonna say it:

Warframe is a POWER FANTASY.

You kill hundreds of enemies per mission with your advanced robotic platforms and unique space weaponry. It's okay if things get a little insane. That said, too much power is such a thing, and I understand the concerns, but there is zero reason to harass others for thinking this is a exciting new system. That goes both ways, as telling people who have their concerns to "play something else if you don't like" does nothing for anyone.

Also hell yeah we got Defy

4 minutes ago, Pizzarugi said:

I don't use press-4-to-win frames. My problem is that I get teamed up with people who do.

Trying to use LFG to run any and every mission is impossible. If DE insists on keeping such broken nuke frames in the game, they should at least give players the ability to blacklist frames from their matchmaking so they don't join teams that have them or allow the blacklisted to join in on them. Literally that's the least they could do and people like me would have no reason to complain.

Also, design philosophy? Way back in the day, Excalibur's 4 used to be Radial Javelin which DE eventually nerfed, because they were upholding a philosophy that the game shouldn't boil down to becoming press-4-to-win.

Ohhhh. So you're just pretentious then. In that case, I shouldn't have bothered. Your refined tastes are the problem then. Everyone should just play the way you think they should or else you shouldn't have to put up with them. Can't have them taking away your fun now, can we?

2 minutes ago, Pizzarugi said:

I don't use press-4-to-win frames. My problem is that I get teamed up with people who do.

Trying to use LFG to run any and every mission is impossible. If DE insists on keeping such broken nuke frames in the game, they should at least give players the ability to blacklist frames from their matchmaking so they don't join teams that have them. Literally that's the least they could do and people like me would have no reason to complain.

Also, design philosophy? Way back in the day, Excalibur's 4 used to be Radial Javelin which DE eventually nerfed, because they were upholding a philosophy that the game shouldn't boil down to becoming press-4-to-win.

Nukes will exist in every game. If it wasnt 4s it'd be aoe weapons.

That's why recruit exists 🙂

7 minutes ago, (PS4)GyroDriveSmasher said:

The Armor buff only truly helps frames with high armor anyway. I mean a frame with like 200 armor gaining 100-250 more isn't a whole lot of DR. We already have Arcane Strike that pretty much procs all the time. The slow down could be interesting though. Things like Roar and Eclipse will maybe bring her claws in line with melee as a whole and abilities like Larva, Condemn and Ensnare can all benefit her greatly. 

Ensnare Valkyr would be nice. Speaking of update I have wanted the ability to swap abilities since I started the game and I started the day it dropped on PlayStation. To me this is my dreams from years of waiting come to life 

1 minute ago, (NSW)StoneGhost said:

Ohhhh. So you're just pretentious then. In that case, I shouldn't have bothered. You're refined tastes are the problem then. Everyone should just play the way you think they should or else you shouldn't have to put up with them. Can't have them taking away your fun now, can we?

They never seem to see the Solo or Invite Only or even the Friends Only settings, do they?

4 minutes ago, KittyKath said:

Agreed. Seen like that it does make some sense.

I'm not sure if that's a jab, but just in case I shall not participate in it. (But I've read it. You've been noticed.)

That would be much more interesting, at least to me. Or timed with your daily logging or amount of hours played in the game: But I think mine would be more problematic for people that doesn't have much time but do well in the game. Love your idea!

some rivens need mr16 or 18 which is kind of a pain. for new players

2 minutes ago, Pizzarugi said:

Trying to use LFG to run any and every mission is impossible. If DE insists on keeping such broken nuke frames in the game, they should at least give players the ability to blacklist frames from their matchmaking so they don't join teams that have them or allow the blacklisted to join in on them. Literally that's the least they could do and people like me would have no reason to complain.

The only time I run into frames like Saryn is defense missions and at first I hated them but now I find them a welcome addition, especially on affinity grind (I still wonder if some of them know how Affinity works in this game). I've certainly outkilled Saryns on other mission types.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Madurai-Prime said:

That's why recruit exists 🙂

You missed this:

1 minute ago, (PS4)Madurai-Prime said:

Trying to use LFG to run any and every mission is impossible.

Unless it's hunting eidolon, opening relics, farming kuva, farming relics, or rarely unlocking Grendel's parts, recruit isn't a be-all end-all fix.

3 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

you may only know this room as an infested space that allows you to remove the Helminth Cyst.

Any changes happening to the cyst itself?

Such as being able to re-infest cured frames, I know that was talked about years ago when the room got a revamp. What about allowing the cyst to adopt our warframe colors, like the cysts do on the helminth charger? Would make fashion framing around the cyst more enjoyable.

2 hours ago, --Q--Candy said:

else we can say goodbye to ever have any challenge in this game.

Why do people keep saying challenge will be gone from the game it's still there just choose to not play the meta option. There are cheat codes in many games that are easily accessible but you don't say the games aren't challenging because they are there because you are the one who chose to use them. The option is there to have challenge; the issue seems to be people want to force "challenge" on others rather than have a way everyone can enjoy the game in their own way. For example, Octavia alone trivializes the entirety of the game yet why aren't you complaining she needs the nerf to increase challenge or any other strong frame. Digital Extremes is presenting us with a unique option to spice up the meta and give more people more options to play as we choose. Less confinement to 'pick this or suffer' and more suffer at your own pace. Personally I love Mag but sometimes I get insecure about myself and play Khora to see all the big pretty numbers. Why should I be forced to playing any one way in a game that has tried very hard to emphasize choice?

TL;DR If you want the challenge don't choose the meta; if you want the meta don't complain about the lack of challenge.

12 minutes ago, (PS4)GyroDriveSmasher said:

The Armor buff only truly helps frames with high armor anyway. I mean a frame with like 200 armor gaining 100-250 more isn't a whole lot of DR. We already have Arcane Strike that pretty much procs all the time. The slow down could be interesting though. Things like Roar and Eclipse will maybe bring her claws in line with melee as a whole and abilities like Larva, Condemn and Ensnare can all benefit her greatly. 

Considering my go-to Valk is Duration/Strength boosted for the augmented Warcry, I'll probably go with Roar or Eclipse in place of Ripline. Maybe Elemental Ward to really stack armor like crazy, or just having a heat aura for mild CC/more health.

1 minute ago, (XB1)Th3BelovedSaint said:

They never seem to see the Solo or Invite Only or even the Friends Only settings, do they?

people who hate playing with other players still forget that theres that option. alot of the comments seem mad about the 4 to win meme, or overpowered bleh, but warframes a game about power fantasy which is something missing at times due to some other mechanics, it can be a tough game or easy gane based on someones skill or knowledge level. theres just alot of irrationality in these comments and forums all the time about it. 

1 minute ago, (PS4)GyroDriveSmasher said:

The only time I run into frames like Saryn is defense missions and at first I hated them but now I find them a welcome addition, especially on affinity grind (I still wonder if some of them know how Affinity works in this game). I've certainly outkilled Saryns on other mission types.

Then you're astronomically lucky, because I run into them, Mesa, Volt, Equinox, Ember, and Khora all of the time in any mission.

Nothing says "fun" like doing a mission running from start to extraction, because one of my teammates keeps mashing the nuke button. 😛

Archived