Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Helminth: Dev Workshop

[DE]Rebecca

3 hours ago, --Q--Candy said:

This is incorrect. You have stuff like Volt - Shock there. With the Augment this is a crazy Ability to increase dmg. Can we get a limitation there too?

Shuriken + Seekign Shuriken = Remove Armor from all enemies... Now even grineer are a joke like all other factions.
Rest & Rage = Now you can bee your own Sleep Equinox to power level / fokus farm.
Nourish = Extremly strong toxin buff. The quote from above applies here.
Smite + Smite Infusion = Same thing as the Quote applies here and it even has scaling dmg...
Dispensary = Endless Energy for all Warframes.... This doesnt seem broken at all...

This system needs Heavy Nerfs and active maintenance.This has the potential to kill the balance in this game forever. If it will be relased like this and wont get balanced very often you can say goodbye to all sorts of Balance in this game.
I hope that you will do something about this, else we can say goodbye to ever have any challenge in this game.

(Shutout to the comment from --Q--FSK41 a few posts down. This System will kill everything)

I get what you're saying but THIS is the end-game we all wanted. the customization we needed. if people wanna be total chipmunks and make the most op builds ever let them. i for one am happy that i can finally change some of my useless abilities on a lot of warframes and have that frame even stronger. after all you do require more than 3 functioning neurons to actually do end-game so the balance is safe for now

15 minutes ago, (PS4)Tomplexthis said:

Please excuse my friend here Rebecca, hes a bit special.

Everyone just have a little faith in the dev team.

this system could be quite fun, and seems like a cool fresh idea to the game, some people may be overthinking it more than it should be overthinked and it may be fine. its optional, let players make the choice themselves, if you dont want to use it, dont. but for others dont take away something theyd actually enjoy just because you hate it.

player CHOICE is a thing after all, and this helminth system seems like a huge choice across the whole game. more options is a good thing. 

That's because their player CHOICE tends to boil down to "What do we want to force the players to choose."

This system is a mistake.  They're not ready to see how players are going to handle it.  DE is going to wind up nerfing most of the abilities into the dirt.

If it were about player choice being good, we'd still see the Xoris working as it did with Deadlock Protocol instead of it forcing a heavy attack when you use it.
Objective healing would be a reasonable choice (opposed to how it is now) in mission types where you protect an objective.
They would go back and look at things like the Acrid whose stats are low because it comes from a different time period in the game.

If you want to lie to yourself, that's fine, but don't expect everyone else to enjoy the S#&$ sandwiches that have been prepared lmao.

Just now, ixidron92 said:

Everyone hates her 4. If I can get 2 dispenser, then so be it, if not, Ivara's quiver because I heard you like utility, so Imma put utility in your utility so you can kill and help while invisible. 

I love the way you think, 

So my subsumation list is now 
Protea to give infinite arch ammo to like all my other frames 
Ivara to give Protea that much more utility because reasons

17 minutes ago, KittyKath said:

Agreed. Seen like that it does make some sense.

I'm not sure if that's a jab, but just in case I shall not participate in it. (But I've read it. You've been noticed.)

That would be much more interesting, at least to me. Or timed with your daily logging or amount of hours played in the game: But I think mine would be more problematic for people that doesn't have much time but do well in the game. Love your idea!

To me, MR means nothing. Calling players noobs or speaking down to people who have low MR is just a means of needing to feel superior over others. I was agreeing with whoever I quoted (which I would go back to check but I have no idea what page my comment is on). 

Who is this for?
We consider this a customization system for very experienced Warframe players (Mastery Rank 15 Prerequisite). We do not intend to let newer players unlock this system. We intentionally placed the Segment deep into progression to ensure only experienced players could access the Segment and begin their journey with Helminth

alot of these powers seem meh.

then you get into the juicy buts like rhino roar, ensnare, shooting gallery, dispensary, seeking shuriken. 

i like it, but its like a ton of madness in the comments. The idea is GOOD DE. 

looking forward to a nezha ensare

or elemental ward wisp

shooting gallery chroma

atlas dispensary

Seeking shuriken..... anyone literally any frame.

i'll be honest after reading this list of abilities accessible to the Helminth system i am a lot less excited for it now.

I was under the impression from the demo at tennocon that any warframe ability can be subsumed except for a 4th ability.

Meaning i could get volts 1-3 ability usable on Excalibur. But this just makes it seem like only volts 1st ability, shock (an almost pointless ability imo), is available using the system.

If that is the case then nothing, as far as i can tell, is really going to shake up the game play that much. 

It also seems that there are a total of like 6 abilities that are actually worth the effort to put on another frame. (silence, roar, ect.) The new abilities also seem pretty pointless....

Hopefully i am wrong but if not then i hardly see much point to this whole thing.

3 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

What about Damage buffing Abilities?

As you can see, we have two Abilities that increase damage: Mirage’s Eclipse, and Rhino’s Roar. We are creating a special case for these Abilities when infused on Warframes with similar Abilities (i.e Chroma, Mirage, Rhino, Octavia). When you infuse these, you will receive a prompt that you can only have 1 Damage Buffing ability at a time, and thus you are limited to replacing said ability type. Which is to say - Damage Buffing abilities can only be swapped with Damage Buffing Abilities on Warframes that already have them. However, that limitation does not apply to the other 30+ Warframes. 

They are talking augment wise. Volt's shock augment gives extra damage.

To further cut down on "being locked out of MR locked content", maybe, just maybe, build up to it? (not sure where this general feedback should go)

the second dream, you had to be mr3. 
the war within you had to be mr5. 
the sacrifice quest had no mr attached to it, just that you finished the chains of harrow and apostasy.
you couldn't spawn kuva liches without having the war within done, which still leaves you at mr5. 
the New War - Railjack had mr requirement of mr10 because of needing paracesis to use on the red crystal in veil proxima 
but they removed it when the scarlet spear event dropped which brings you back to mr5 being the lowest needed. 
steel path is not mr locked except for tier 6 bounty for earth and venus that required you to be mr10 but if you were taxied into the bounty, you got around needing that, that leaves you still mr5 as the lowest mr requirement. 

so essentially the story content (is HoD story? or sidequest?) jumped from 5 to 15, instead of just 10 to 15. 

so the argument comes from, why should it be mr15 locked when mr10, or some below, can do steel path and others without being carried (and i know mr15's that were carried by lower and higher mr to get through their steel path)? what actually constitutes as experience? there was no build up for the giant leap from 5 to 15. does that make sense? 

Just now, (PS4)Mordecai_Vrykul said:

i'll be honest after reading this list of abilities accessible to the Helminth system i am a lot less excited for it now.

I was under the impression from the demo at tennocon that any warframe ability can be subsumed except for a 4th ability.

Meaning i could get volts 1-3 ability usable on Excalibur. But this just makes it seem like only volts 1st ability, shock (an almost pointless ability imo), is available using the system.

If that is the case then nothing, as far as i can tell, is really going to shake up the game play that much. 

It also seems that there are a total of like 6 abilities that are actually worth the effort to put on another frame. (silence, roar, ect.) The new abilities also seem pretty pointless....

Hopefully i am wrong but if not then i hardly see much point to this whole thing.

DE said no ultimates and no signature abilities. 

vor 3 Stunden schrieb --Q--Candy:

This is incorrect. You have stuff like Volt - Shock there. With the Augment this is a crazy Ability to increase dmg. Can we get a limitation there too?

Shuriken + Seekign Shuriken = Remove Armor from all enemies... Now even grineer are a joke like all other factions.
Rest & Rage = Now you can bee your own Sleep Equinox to power level / fokus farm.
Nourish = Extremly strong toxin buff. The quote from above applies here.
Smite + Smite Infusion = Same thing as the Quote applies here and it even has scaling dmg...
Dispensary = Endless Energy for all Warframes.... This doesnt seem broken at all...

This system needs Heavy Nerfs and active maintenance.This has the potential to kill the balance in this game forever. If it will be relased like this and wont get balanced very often you can say goodbye to all sorts of Balance in this game.
I hope that you will do something about this, else we can say goodbye to ever have any challenge in this game.

(Shutout to the comment from --Q--FSK41 a few posts down. This System will kill everything)

"break all balance" 

what balance XD

when you want a challange of a game dont play warframe, this is a fun game, i mean... its pve.... and Riven mods exist... 

25 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but I assume people play frames they enjoy, not just to fill one role for their team. Sure people do this in meta farming groups but in general gameplay I rarely if ever see people bring Rhinos to buff a team.

I do Eidolon hunts all the time or just do activities efficiently such as ESO Saryn + Rhino.

Sure in public people play what they like and what's fun. I personally like filling the roles on team.

Look at Zephyr when they announced their subsumed ability, they said giving Turbulence(?) will leave Zephyr with too little going for her and no one will use her, that doesn't necessarily apply here since Rhino is a very popular frame so he will still be used by the people who really like him but still the same concept of "Too little going for him to pick him over x"

What's the point of bringing Rhino when you can put his best ability on Nezha who can ward teammates with aug and CC with his ult? And increase damage to an enemy using his 2nd ability.

I know I'm not wording my thoughts very well. I just don't like how the frames that are giving their best abilities (Valkyr and Rhino) will be left behind for x frame who does a better job than either one while also slapping the best ability on their kit.

3 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

We consider this a customization system for very experienced Warframe players (Mastery Rank 15 Prerequisite). We do not intend to let newer players unlock this system. We intentionally placed the Segment deep into progression to ensure only experienced players could access the Segment and begin their journey with Helminth

This is good news, I was worried they nerf this system to match casual play, I would consider this a great move from DE

Archived