• Stellated Necrathene - Rare
  • Trapezium Xenorhast - Legendary
  • Cabochon Embolos - Legendary

ALLOYS

• Adramal Alloy - Common
  • Tempered Bapholite - Common
  • Devolved Namalon - Uncommon
  • Thaumic Distillate - Rare

I thought it was like with Amarast and Necrathene that almost never drop because of legendaries.
But it's rarest, so there's no "Legendaries" to dillute the table....

3 часа назад, Kurokoz сказал:

Apparently, actually mining is a game for suckers. I got all of my thaumica from those pillars scattered around. I haven't gotten thaumica from a mining node once but I got a couple hundred thaumica anyway

Not sure if i got it from pillars, as i've done only a few of them, but a also have a few hundred, so it probably also drops from the vaults, which i've done quite a alot.
Or from the cysts that are scattered around, but doubt it, seeing that it is the most rare ore.

I'm pretty sure it is one of those ores that only really spawns in a specific location (and I haven't found where), I have spent quite a bit of time mining for it and not gotten a single piece.  I got 22 from one of the towers, but that is all I've seen so far.

I've only gotten like 11 from Requiem Pillars and never again was I able to get from them, even with multiple attempts; going in and out of the Necralisk and relaunching the game. I do have an outdated Amp though that makes doing the mini-games of the pillars hard and time consuming so I'm guessing it's an issue on my end. Also for some reason, when I did my first Isolation Vault run, I was able to get Thaumica as a random drop from an enemy during Stage 2 where you need to prevent the toxicity level from reaching 100%. And I don't know how and why I was able to get Thaumica (not to mention I managed to get 5), but since I was able to get some there, I tried my best to mine in there while trying to stay alive. Unfortunately I wasn't able to mine any Thaumica. I'm guessing it's the same as when I randomly get a Perfect Capture of an animal in the Cambion Drift without pulling out my Tranq Rifle even once in a Bounty--I'm just minding my own business doing the bounty stages and suddenly the screen will transition into the "Captured Animal" screen. And no; I'm not referring to when you accidentally kill an animal and the Son *@##$es about it. I'm talking about the screen that shows up when you press "X" on a sedated animal to "Call for Protection", however in my case I don't sedate the animals or even press the X key on the keyboard it just happens randomly for some reason.

For the meantime I guess we can just wait for a few more days until other players gather enough data to fully know the drop rate of the Thaumica. It sucks since that's the only material missing in order for me to build Xaku (and also the Gyromag Systems, but I'll be an Old Mate with Solaris United in a couple of days and I'll have my friend taxi me to the Profit Taker so I can get some of those).

1 hour ago, DancingJoker said:

I'm pretty sure it is one of those ores that only really spawns in a specific location (and I haven't found where), I have spent quite a bit of time mining for it and not gotten a single piece.  I got 22 from one of the towers, but that is all I've seen so far.

Yeah I think so as well. I was thinking that maybe we can only get it from ores that are placed on solid rocks and not anything infested. Even the description of the Thaumica checks out. However, I have yet to find an ore that's placed on a non-infested rock so my theory is probably wrong.

8 часов назад, -CdG-Zilchy сказал:

Necrathene is DEFINITELY the rarest outside of Xenorhast and Embolos. I've gotten about 50 of Embolos and Xenorhast, around 600 Thaumica and onyl about 200 Necrathene.

How did you even get that much Necrathene? I have more Xeno and Embo individualy than i have Necra...

Il y a 8 heures, -CdG-Zilchy a dit :

Necrathene is DEFINITELY the rarest outside of Xenorhast and Embolos. I've gotten about 50 of Embolos and Xenorhast, around 600 Thaumica and onyl about 200 Necrathene.

I depends where you farmed. I had way more necrathen than thaumica. However I agree for embolos and xenohast

On 2020-08-27 at 7:16 PM, (XB1)CI shadow2397 said:

The drops for this are pretty bad. You have a higher chance of getting every other ore and gem even the legendaries over this. For a rare ore, it has a paladin level drop rate compared to everything else

It uses the Auron/Hesperon drop chances, so yeah it's pretty bad

I'm also in that camp that thinks people are lying about its existence because the rate is so abysmal.

I'm on the third 'You've been playing for over an hour. Please don't forget to take a break.' and have done a bunch of pillars, mined on the surface, and mined in caves, yet still haven't seen squat. I got some SOMEWHERE at one point, but I think it was out of Iso Vaults, and not pillars/mining.

On 2020-08-28 at 8:50 PM, Murox said:

Mine in Steel Path for permanent resource drop chance booster. Helps with mining.

For mining, drop chance booster gives you more gem nodes, which AFAIK isn't helpful as this is an ore not a gem.

I cleared the southern cavern last night, mined every node. Took about 8 minutes (few infested in there to get in the way) and got 18 Thaumic Distillate. No boosters. From that it seems fine to me, but I guess it could be luck.

Being accurate with your mining helps. You get more ore, and maybe a higher chance of rare ore, when you mine perfectly.

Archived