Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I think we've had enough of "Community inspired" Warframes.

(PSN)Hopper_Orouk

On 2020-09-01 at 8:00 PM, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

When it works, it's Amazing, nova, Zephyr(eh!), nidus, chroma, all around great Warframes that were actually inspired by talented players!

But DE has been completely out of touch with the players lately, and Xaku is a prime example of that.

Xaku is a garbage warframe, i'm sorry if that short review is a bit harsh, but "they" are

And i'm not talking about ability effectiveness, i'm talking about style.

All of its abilities are bland mosh pit of recycled ideas, that are presumably "from the community"

Buff Xaku a thousand times, it still won't fix how bland his abilities are, it's too late for that.

I don't think this Warframe is community based, i don't believe so, these are not Player ideas, these are recycled DE idea designs from other Warframes

So i would much rather prefer if the mods or DE close the fan concept tab already, forever,  as nobody goes there, nobody cares and definitely these actual ideas from the players, won't get used, ever

As you can see the community loves aimbots that do all the work for the player. As they can sip on some pina colatas causally strolling the web and watching a movie on the side. The community created frame is one of the best AFK in the game. lol

Yeap I dont ever want another community created frame. Also shows how the majority of the community is. I almost thought about playing Ragnarok mobile to be more challenging.

Afk GIF by triindonesia

12 hours ago, kwlingo said:

As you can see the community loves aimbots that do all the work for the player. As they can sip on some pina colatas causally strolling the web and watching a movie on the side. The community created frame is one of the best AFK in the game. lol

Yeap I dont ever want another community created frame. Also shows how the majority of the community is. I almost thought about playing Ragnarok mobile to be more challenging.

Afk GIF by triindonesia

Xaku is Afk? I don't think so, nor nova is.

Both of these Warframes have abilities that you constantly need to cast to maintain damage or defense.

these abilities are our ideas, but it's DE's execution, they have the choice to say if it's an afk frame or not.

My main issue with Community Warframes is that they're not as exciting as they should be.

Before i thought DE has a hand in this.

But actually the Council is the one to blame, they're the ones who chose the broken frame, they don't represent the community in my opinion 

Oof, here we go...

On 2020-09-02 at 9:00 AM, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

I think we've had enough

We start with presuming to speak for more than just yourself,

Xaku is a garbage warframe, i'm sorry if that short review is a bit harsh, but "they" are

All of its abilities

how bland his abilities are

sprinkle in some needless passive-aggressive transphobia,

abilities are bland mosh pit of recycled ideas, that are presumably "from the community"

overlook the new ideas like stealing weapons for passive damage, location-based Armor strip and using Void damage beyond just the Operator, then also ignore that there was a big ol' thread for people to post ideas, and even a poll to vote on the frame's concept in the first place (even if the community did Boaty McBoatface itself),

i would much rather prefer if the mods or DE close the fan concept tab already, forever

and close it with motioning to take away a creative space, no fun allowed.

Well done, Hop, this is peak GD.

2 hours ago, SenorClipClop said:

Oof, here we go...

We start with presuming to speak for more than just yourself,

sprinkle in some needless passive-aggressive transphobia,

overlook the new ideas like stealing weapons for passive damage, location-based Armor strip and using Void damage beyond just the Operator, then also ignore that there was a big ol' thread for people to post ideas, and even a poll to vote on the frame's concept in the first place (even if the community did Boaty McBoatface itself),

and close it with motioning to take away a creative space, no fun allowed.

Well done, Hop, this is peak GD.

*cracks fingers* ok here we go.

i'm gonna answer every complaint here

first of all, this thread was freaking, 4 MONTHS AGO, xaku has changed WAAAAY beyond that and has improved in my eyes, people probably revitalized it when they looked via internet search, i still stand by the fact that we don't need community designed warframes, but still, you don't need to comment on a post so old, nobody cares anymore

1) certainly not i speak for myself, and a couple other opinions gathered from friends 

2) i didn't sprinkle crap, clearly i have no right here to craft my threads the way i want to, or others like you will just find something they don't like, take it out of context and guilt me with it, is quoting the "they" considered transphobia now? what i if told you that back then, FOUR MONTHS AGO i had no idea what to call them? before i read that DE officially uses the pronoun they for them. yeah you won't care, you'll just take me out of context anyway, this what everyone does here.

stealing weapons...humm loki disarm?+ proteas turret?, umm basically a better version of telekinetic bolt? ...that thread was full of weird ideas man i don't know what you're talking about

finally, yeah i'm NEVER using sarcasm on the forums EVER again, of course i didn't mean that they should ACTUALLY close the concept tabs, dude i POST my ideas there, are you crazy???

what does GD means? 

On 2020-09-01 at 6:00 PM, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

When it works, it's Amazing, nova, Zephyr(eh!), nidus, chroma, all around great Warframes that were actually inspired by talented players!

But DE has been completely out of touch with the players lately, and Xaku is a prime example of that.

And i'm not talking about ability effectiveness, i'm talking about style.

All of its abilities are bland mosh pit of recycled ideas, that are presumably "from the community"

Buff Xaku a thousand times, it still won't fix how bland his abilities are, it's too late for that.

I don't think this Warframe is community based, i don't believe so, these are not Player ideas, these are recycled DE idea designs from other Warframes

So i would much rather prefer if the mods or DE close the fan concept tab already, forever,  as nobody goes there, nobody cares and definitely these actual ideas from the players, won't get used, ever

zephyr and chroma were done as concepts by individuals and are pretty different from the original designs and setup suggested at this point..and it was a contest iirc

equinox and nova were suggested by the design council votes

(these are archived in dc sub forums ) 

nidus isnt a community frame, both nidus and inaros kits and setups, were semi-derived from red skittles typhus but arnt an exact match, but DC did argue on the naming nidus as typhus to honor the concept 

Hennya is also a frame that im not sure if still in works(i hope it is) , but we know de started to model it and was again a single persons concept 

Spoiler

[Warframe Concept] Hennya - Demon Warframe [New Hair Concept and Ability Tweaks] - Fan Concepts - Warframe Forums

http://pm1.narvii.com/6359/912a6d347c4a742402e4b3711a104a5701283017_hq.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/VdUC6vW.png

Xaku was the only real General community frame outside of a contest or DC suggestions that hit general public influx of ideas and input and i think the main problem is the mechanics and implementation is rushed 

as like khora took years to dev design and mechanics wise and they eventually just removed her whole IPS setup she was to have and exalted whip  a few weeks before release , to giver her a pseudo exalted whip 

Spoiler

See the source image

7 hours ago, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

Xaku is Afk? I don't think so, nor nova is.

Both of these Warframes have abilities that you constantly need to cast to maintain damage or defense.

these abilities are our ideas, but it's DE's execution, they have the choice to say if it's an afk frame or not.

My main issue with Community Warframes is that they're not as exciting as they should be.

Before i thought DE has a hand in this.

But actually the Council is the one to blame, they're the ones who chose the broken frame, they don't represent the community in my opinion 

Lets break this down.

With the right setup. "camp" in corner where there is only one direction  enemies can flow from.

• Cast Gaze for 100% defense strip
  • Cast Gasp of Lohk while behind wall
  • Cast The Lost to keep duration of abilities
  • Rinse and repeat

No need to run around, just camp in corner and let "aimbot" work its magic.

If this isn't AFK tactic, I don't know what is? Its as bad as Octivia's kit cast rinse and repeat. I will say Octivia is much worse because its easily AFK macro-able. No point of playing the game just make sure you have energy to camp in corners.

Also I was talking about Xaku not Nova. Nova was a good build because you still have to be engaged for doing any kills not like "aimbot."

A few frames might have all their abilities fit into a theme, someone like frost, ember, hydroid.

But what frame hit the mark with their theme, all abilities and their design?

I personally hate the 'clay rubber spikes on everything'® designs, the skinny cut-off capes and the knocked over paint can decals. Or how the color palette never matches, how everything has different textures.

Is like a modern day skinny jeans rapper, 9 hair colors, 5 different piercings... in every part of the face, with 28 conflicting wrist bands, ear ring, 3 nose rings, chrome teeth, colored tattoos, glasses, sunglasses, and a hat and a cap. Then they start spamming out garbage put on the hat.

Just add some more spikes!!!1

But, if they are earning the money they wanted who am I to argue with any of it.

I don't have any frames that I really like, not a single cosmetic item I agree with. With a few frames on a good day I might be using all 4 abillities, but then what about the passives.

Feels more like, a new frame is basically MR first, then potentially has a tool to solve a mission objective, say disruption or whatever, but then that is about it.

Then you put up with all the rest, if you can.

On 2020-09-02 at 3:00 AM, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

Are they ?

I don't remember DE asking the community anything about Abilities or playstyle.... 

Only thing I remember is the Community picks the theme... And DE does everything else....

Was that the case with Nova too ?

On 2020-09-02 at 3:12 AM, DrBorris said:

I went through the suggestion thread a couple days ago to check this for myself

So they did influence the Abilities too ? Interesting 🤔....

On 2020-09-02 at 3:12 AM, DrBorris said:

This does not excuse DE of picking random abilities that have no running theme, nor does it excuse them for balancing the numbers so poorly on release.

Pretty much.... Who would intentionally want Xaku not to be able to effect Eidolon Shields... 😐..

On 2020-09-02 at 3:31 AM, lukasystem said:

Void damage not-applied to Eidolon shield phase.... that's the worst

PREACH !!! 

On 2020-09-02 at 3:36 AM, Ace-Bounty-Hunter said:

No. Frames like Gauss and Protea only needed some numerical tweaks.

Interesting.... I don't know which of Gauss's numbers I would change... Probably the Efficiency Rate on Redline and the Radius on Thermal Sunder... If I have to double cast it they might as well just double it's Radius too 😝.

On 2020-09-02 at 3:51 AM, z_ld said:

Community: Starts complaining about how bad xaku is:
DE:
 Hold on this whole operation was your idea Blank Template - Imgflip

In a Nutshell !!! 😆

On 2020-09-02 at 4:02 AM, bibmobello said:

I still don't understand why mesa can't fly.

Why would Mesa, out of all Warframe's, Fly ? 😮 Did you mean to write Zephyr ?

On 2020-09-02 at 5:36 AM, Vyra said:

I still wait for Freeform frame, put any skin on any frame and any ability. A dream.

Ah yes... Modular Frame.... Complete with Syndicate and Gilding Options.... Comes with unique Modular Warframe Arcane Slot.... 😮 !!!

5 hours ago, (XBOX)TyeGoo said:

What the #*!% does evasion even do? I get hit just as much as with a frame without it. 

It's basically "Dodge Chance"... Where enemies bullets have a chance to just not deal damage to you if they make contact.... I'm not sure if the bullet passes through or just gets nullefied though.

In any case... Naturally it's rubbish just like NYX or Titiania or who ever it was who's passive is Lower Enemy Accuracy and Mirage's Shadow Clones.... Enemies just never miss.

5 hours ago, (XBOX)TyeGoo said:

And don't talk about the new corpus .. literally a billion % evasion wouldn't make a difference because of their AOE.

In Xaku rework after release... They set it up so that AoE effects give Xaku Damage Reduction instead of Trying to Evade them....

This community suffers because of the lack of healthy, functional discourse.  Instead we get to watch a very small, very vocal subsection of this community re-enact Swap.avi, but instead of nightmare inducing awfulness, its an irritating echo chamber. An echo chamber that never seems to shut up and wants the rest of us to validate it.

Remember when playing video games was fun? I certainly do. Now it just seems like everyone has hideous brain eating parasites. Parasites that force them to an express deeply unoriginal, parroted opinions, that they probably got from youtube. 

Seriously. Please stop making posts like this. If my cortesal spikes any higher i may have a goddamn seizure.

8 hours ago, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

you don't need to comment on a post so old, nobody cares anymore

It's still a pretty active thread, though. And I'll comment where I want, thanks.

certainly not i speak for myself, and a couple other opinions gathered from friends 

"I think we've had enough" presumes to speak for the masses, the royal "we". This done kinda commonly on the forums, so nbd, but it's still a bit eye-rolling when I see a player trying to pass of their opinion as the opinion of the community in general.

i didn't sprinkle crap, clearly i have no right here to craft my threads the way i want to, or others like you will just find something they don't like, take it out of context and guilt me with it, is quoting the "they" considered transphobia now? what i if told you that back then, FOUR MONTHS AGO i had no idea what to call them? before i read that DE officially uses the pronoun they for them. yeah you won't care, you'll just take me out of context anyway, this what everyone does here.

Putting "they" in quotes as you did in the OP shows you knew the pronouns used for Xaku and chose to call special attention to it. I inferred that you took issue with using they, and I'm not sure what you could've meant otherwise with it.

Anyway, now you know, and considering you're still active in this thread it'd be pretty decent of you to make Xaku's pronouns consistent, rather than hopping between they, its and his. Easy fix, and if you're really resistant to that, it indicates that you're just really offended at being corrected, or you have a problem with non-binary gender. 

stealing weapons...humm loki disarm?+ proteas turret?, umm basically a better version of telekinetic bolt? ...that thread was full of weird ideas man

We've had nothing that combines a disarm and a passive gun, though. Also, Xaku's disarm casts on a distant area while Loki's is radial from self. Xaku's guns follow them while Protea's stay in one spot. Gaze strips Armor not per enemy like Psychic Bolts, but locked to a location, meaning you don't have to recast it on new enemies for Defense and spot-camping. All of this offers gameplay elements we haven't seen before. Whether you think those ideas are weird or not doesn't argue my point that these ideas aren't copied or recycled.

9 hours ago, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

finally, yeah i'm NEVER using sarcasm on the forums EVER again, of course i didn't mean that they should ACTUALLY close the concept tabs

Ahh, the ol' Schrodinger's Jerk -- say something dodgy, then wait for people's reactions to decide whether or not you were being sarcastic.  Text doesn't translate sarcasm well, and if you wanna express sarcasm "/s" works just fine.

9 hours ago, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

what does GD means? 

General Discussion

On 2020-09-02 at 5:16 AM, BahamutKaiser said:

The biggest problem with Xatu is... loadout slots, I hardly have enough for all my primes, there are frames like Garuda and Revenant which I haven't seen since I ranked them. Unless they add some more slots, or a serious best choice case, I'm gonna be thankful for my new Helminth... that's about all. 

I truly do not understand the limitation on loadout slots.   Does anyone know the reasoning ?  I have and everyone it seems have more frames than slots.  If you max out the color slots per loadout  you have six but thats it; switch slots and the colors remain.  If I was able to put rhino into 20 slots with six choices each, no problem.  But I have like 30 plus frames, 20 slots, and its like this constant shuffle to fashion frame.  Not fun. Weapon slots are not limited (and that is good because there is always another weapon!), why would warframe loadout slots be limited?  Genuinely curious, please enlighten me I am a new player relatively speaking.  And sorry so OT (sweatdrop)

On 2020-09-01 at 6:54 PM, (PSN)Kakurine2 said:

My opinion after 4 forma and actually played it.  Conceptually it's ok but the abilities scale poorly.   More damage for the alt and self buff.

More reach for the gun steal ability.

Third abilities i still have to figure out.

Visually i like the design for the most part.  I know de officially is calling the frame nonbinary and thus sexless. But the frame looks mainly female to me. So i shall refer to it as her and she.

The best part about Xaku is subsuming it for Xata's Whisper and infusing it on Excalibro or Mesa.

On 2020-12-17 at 5:34 AM, kwlingo said:

Afk GIF by triindonesia

From playing many game as a service games, i can tell you that warframe is not unique in this. In fact basically all of them are the same. Usually it's just so they can ride on the shoulders of other people for rewards, and the only difference in warframe is that you can press a button and let the game play itself.

The point is that most people don't even play the games. I really don't know why anyone would do that. If they are so bored they won't even play, why not look for a new game? If i ask why, they simply say nothing or start trying to guilt or shame me into stopping. Hilarious!

40 minutes ago, (PSN)Yggranya said:

From playing many game as a service games, i can tell you that warframe is not unique in this. In fact basically all of them are the same. Usually it's just so they can ride on the shoulders of other people for rewards, and the only difference in warframe is that you can press a button and let the game play itself.

The point is that most people don't even play the games. I really don't know why anyone would do that. If they are so bored they won't even play, why not look for a new game? If i ask why, they simply say nothing or start trying to guilt or shame me into stopping. Hilarious!

I understand exactly what you mean. One of my coworkers, said when he plays Warframe he "has" to have Netflix or Youtube on because sometimes he gets bored just spamming the same abilities over and over or the abilities do all the killer for him. When he told me that, I thought about it and just laughed. lol

• 2 weeks later...

Nah plz add hennya she would so perfect to be added after the wrath warframe like that would line up so perfectly 🥲and I’m the only one out of my friends that still plays I want to something so I could say hey guys like grind to get this new fire warframe also the ps5 soon arrives at my door steps 

On 2020-12-16 at 11:13 AM, Circle_of_Psi said:

Jesus I have to agree with this so much.

The conspet that the guy had was amazing, the Sentient like Warframe?, what we get in return?, Skeleton man.

I just want a Sentient frame man.. 

nah the should dead add hennya bro 😔

On 2020-12-16 at 10:34 PM, kwlingo said:

Afk GIF by triindonesia

Nah don’t say close the idea Bc hands down hennya would be a better frame and most of these others ones to Bc warframe is kinda dying slow we need frame the would blow our mind but nah xaku Idek wat to say about that frame 

Archived