Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

son tokens

Davetiger

ok, orb vallis and plains I capture 1 animal I get 1000 to 3000 rep, I go to demios and I have to catch 3 viz and 3 cript (for example) so have to get 6 specific ones to get 1 son token and 2 son tokens can be turned in for 1 grandma for 1500 rep... so why is this one 12 animal captures for best case 1500rep when I get 1 animal capture on both the other lands for 1000 to 3000 rep?

I really liked to old system much better because I could animal hunt OR fish OR bounty for rep and this one makes it pretty much have to do ALL 3 + gather resources to get anywhere with rep.

20 minutes ago, Davetiger said:

I really liked to old system much better because I could animal hunt OR fish OR bounty for rep and this one makes it pretty much have to do ALL 3 + gather resources to get anywhere with rep.

The new system is totally freaking borked, but there is at least a less painful way: grind up Weakened Pets to rank 30, and sell them to Son. Instead of having to hunt half a dozen Cryptalix and Avachea, you can just take a fox pet to Hydron for a few waves

The downside is that building Antigen requires a bunch of fish, so you do still need to stockpile some annoying chores at some point

son tokens are actually easy, getting the spesific tag for ranking up is more annoying.

just run around, you'll fine a vulp/pred fighting infested rather often, get it while weakend, and use whatever antiget/mutagen you can dump on it, then toss it as hard as possible on son face for 10 tokens.

dont even have to level it or anything, i have 20 sly and 18 of that common pred thing, so i could get about 280 tokens if i bother to heal then toss them at his face.

hace 1 hora, Davetiger dijo:

ok, orb vallis and plains I capture 1 animal I get 1000 to 3000 rep, I go to demios and I have to catch 3 viz and 3 cript (for example) so have to get 6 specific ones to get 1 son token and 2 son tokens can be turned in for 1 grandma for 1500 rep... so why is this one 12 animal captures for best case 1500rep when I get 1 animal capture on both the other lands for 1000 to 3000 rep?

You can capture 20 animals on HoD in the time you do one in Orb vallis .....

On 2020-09-06 at 3:55 PM, Yagamilight123 said:

You can capture 20 animals on HoD in the time you do one in Orb vallis .....

doubt that is true but even if it was getting the exact 12 you need to turn in to son for those isn't as fast I have over 20 of some but 0 of the matching one to get the token.

I was so disgusted when I just learned you need 10 son tokens plus the 5000 standing to gild a pet. I got a xp booster signing in and thought I would knock out some pets for the hell of it while I fully rank a mecha. Saw the cost of gilding and just totally lost the random urge I had to play It absolutely reeks of desperation on their part.

On 2020-09-07 at 2:36 AM, ChaoticEdge said:

the animals is scatter the in HoD same as PoE, but they are just bloody hard to see but there is a bug is weirdly going on with the animals for I found the animals spawn in a wall or in the root of infested vines...

Its happening with mining spots too. 

But at least its fun to hunt animals. 

Conservation was a mistake. I've never liked it, I have no idea why we, a bunch of void powered space ninjas armed with insane weapons, who are literally made to kill people en-masse, are supposed to give a damn about the biodiversity of the local Fauna. sure, I - as in me, in real life - would care, but how is this in character for the Tenno? we aren't good guys. at best we are glorified mercenaries. why should I be running around with a funny lure and a crappy tranq rifle, when I can save the animals by just doing what I do best: finding the people that would hurt/kill them and making many holes in their vital organs?

as a side activity I could avoid, I had no issue with it, but making it mandatory to progress was a mistake, as shown by the backlash and subsequent changes they made. I pray DE will actually learn from their mistakes for once and not make this mandatory for progression again in future open worlds. 

For sons token, you need to put on your archwing and farm in AW for 15-20mn a week, ideally alternating fass/vome cycles. And the thing is to buy items to force the 4x and 5x tokens offerings if you don't have the patience of proc'ing them in the wild, the other ones are overkill. Conservation is more about doing it properly than investing time.

On 2020-09-06 at 2:33 PM, Davetiger said:

kinda would like it where each tag had more of a token % more rare the tag higher token % would be.
it would keep the current system that DE has for deimos but also make animal captures seem less frustating.
>.> an make the hundred predasite tags i have seem less of a dust collector

Just stockpile a bit of everything and chill until proper offers pop up. Yesterday for example, I had 4 tokens in exchange for 3 green velocipods. Just don't go for the expensive offers, HoD is still gonna be there years later, you don't need to burn through everything in a month. Even by just picking up weakened dogs and cats and velocipods you come across during bounties, you'll quickly build a good stock of those overtime. Had more than a hundred son tokens by now, didn't even do that many hunting runs, nor did I try to buy the all available tokens every time.

Also, except one specific spot where *occasionaly* a bird will indeed spawn in the terrain, there are next to no bugs. It feels like all those that are screaming "so buggy !" have barely even touched the system.

On 2020-09-08 at 7:36 PM, (NSW)ACE6368 said:

I like the whole token idea because that way you can hold on to the tokens when you max out your daily cap, but i absolutely hate the way of getting them

and I wouldn't hate it so much if the son tokens were 6 of X only but it keeps asking for 3 of one I never see (the bird) and 3 I don't have if it would just be multiple of 1 type it wouldn't be as painful I have 23ish of 4 different ones now but I have 0 of the matching counter parts because I just been unlucky and unable to find them

Archived