Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Upcoming Xaku Changes!

[DE]Danielle

Its nice to see "some" changes.......But come on his abilities need NEED MORE RANGE AND CASTING SPEED!  

Deny needs a significant change to either chain between enemies and do more or just removed/replaces all together its useless. Void dmg needs a rework completely don't get me wrong its nice its "true neutral" but its status proc is useless. Also DECREASE POWER STRENGTH NEEDED FOR ARMOR/SHIELD STRIP! 

Don't go off of people with 6 forma builds should look at people with none~3 forma to see why this frame is underperforming and requires such a huge investment. Right now from the looks of it I was right when Xaku first came out DE will not rework/rebalance him till atleast 1 month and 3 weeks+

Thank you thank you thank you DE! I have been LOVING Xaku, and totally agree with what has been said in this post. I'm so glad the QOL changes I and others have been asking for are being . Already I know this is going to make Xaku MUCH smoother and even more fun to play. Their cast speeds...suck. And the fact everything is getting sped up as well just...I'm excited!

9 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Including AOE damage reduction as part of Xaku’s Passive.

Thank you! Those random explosions never felt good

Allowing Grasp of Lohk to be recast. 

• How it will work: Any existing Grasp of Lohk weapons will simply be replaced by the new cast up to the maximum amount of targets.

This improves Xaku's control even more. It's a permanent disarm regardless? Or do enemies regain their ranged weapons with the recast? Either way this has such synergistic potential and I'm excited.

• Adding synergy between Deny and Grasp of Lohk that increases Deny’s damage output.
    • How it will work: The number of weapons orbiting Xaku from Grasp of Lohk act as a damage multiplier for Deny’s Void beam. For example: If you have 4 weapons orbiting Xaku, Deny’s damage will be granted a 5x multiplier. 
  • Increasing the casting speed of Deny. 
    • More firepower… faster!

All of this. Yes. More synergy. More combos. More potential. Xaku is one of the most complex frames you have made and I LOVE that their focus is more on the tactical nature of HOW you place the skills in the area or how you decide to combo them. This is made even more interesting with this change. Deny consistently had the feeling of "?????" when in the kit. With how Void Damage worked it was very lackluster against a significant portion of enemies for anything more than CC but you gained more control from just using Accuse/Disarm/ or even Untime then the temp banish on Deny especially considering the range differences and the energy cost being the same and HIGH. Now this ability further defines itself with synergy (A+ love it) as a high "single" target burst ability. I'm really curious to see how it feels.

Removing the Energy drain and keeping it a duration based ability.

T H A N K Y O U. I can now actually use this ability without worrying about not being able to cast anything else

Adding Synergy between The Vast Untime and all of Xaku’s other abilities. 

• How it will work: Emphasis on “Untime”, when Xaku is in their skeletal form their other active abilities’ duration will become frozen in time. Once The Vast Untime expires, the duration of those active abilities resume. T

I am SHOOK. This is FANTASTIC. But I'm curious. Do we get to recast abilities during this frozen period? How does this work with Accuse and Gaze specifically? Is the idea simply that we tactically place our marks and then Untime so we get that duration? Or is it more of a protea synergy where we can infintely recast abilities and have them frozen in duration? Like could we place more gaze targets? Recast Accuse? It's interesting either way but the part of me that just wants to go ham is thinking "Interesting. Very Very Interesting".

A couple of posts, notably those written by people with verified 6 Forma installations, have realized just how powerful Gaze can be in certain mission types. So we are leaving Gaze untouched for now so we can continue to evaluate it within the realm of those who have invested Forma and time into Xaku to hit this sweet power spot.

So, I am one of those people with a 5 forma Xaku. I personally don't know if the 6th would make that much of a difference. In the builds I'm running I don't have problems, but the idea of Xaku being a truly BUILDABLE frame, getting increasing better the more you invested was always clear. However while I don't disagree that Gaze especially is INCREDIBLY strong, I do hope you at least consider giving Accuse and Gaze the same fast cast treatment the rest of the kit is getting. Those abilities just don't feel good to cast and with how BALANCED Xaku is in terms of stats (AKA everything sort of needs to be positive) there just isn't space for a thing like Natural talent. I LOVE the concept of gaze and Accuse but I personally find them much too slow to use consistently without the help of a Helminth ability that stuns or imbolizes in some capacity like Shooting Gallery or silence. Yes it is true you can use Accuse first into Gaze to get that mild CC or GOL into the aforementioned combo, but again it sounds like Deny and Grasp of Lohk are going to be near instant casts with these changes and those abilities didn't even feel that slow to me to begin with. 

Gaze and Accuse ARE powerful. They're pretty much Mind Control/Enthrall and Psychic Bolts in a significant AOE respectively and that's POTENT. However they don't feel good to play with as they are. Not when you have abilities with the same or greater range in the game that don't effect your capacity to move/shoot/slash or otherwise defend yourself while casting unlike for instance breach surge or even Grasp of Lohk, Silence, Shooting Gallery. Etc.

They feel choppy and the slow down the gameplay of Xaku which overall to me gives me the vibe of fast paced tactical control. Xaku plays three steps ahead of their enemies. Everything is premeditated and CONTROLLED and it's jarring to have an ability move slower than your mind. This is doubly true in a game like Warframe where the mobs are many in number and (at least if you're running MOT SP) hitting reaaaaaal hard too. The hack and slash, go go go, energy of this game plus how I find myself playing Xaku makes me more consistently using GOL and UNTIME than anything in The Lost.

I'm hoping that at the VERY least we get the speed up treatment in R2. Ideally the capacity to recast Accuse at will like Lohk. If we reached for the stars I'd take a third gaze target XD. But minimum what I think would make The Lost feel truly fluid (and fluidity is important with a frame like Xaku who's abilities build off of each other and synergize so well in a Control/Defense light) is that treatment. As so much of the kit is centered around tactics being able to switch between ability and ability. Ability to weapon. All with minimal stopping power will definitely make Xaku feel solid.

Anyway that's just my two cents whatever that's worth. These changes are again, I'm so glad to read that so much of the community feedback is being implemented. I've heard a lot of people not giving Xaku a chance in spite of the evidence of their potential because they feel like too many QOL improvements are needed. I'm happy to see so many of those addressed and can't wait to test them out some more!

1 hour ago, LAD.Y said:

Thank you thank you thank you DE! I have been LOVING Xaku, and totally agree with what has been said in this post. I'm so glad the QOL changes I and others have been asking for are being . Already I know this is going to make Xaku MUCH smoother and even more fun to play. Their cast speeds...suck. And the fact everything is getting sped up as well just...I'm excited!

Thank you! Those random explosions never felt good

This improves Xaku's control even more. It's a permanent disarm regardless? Or do enemies regain their ranged weapons with the recast? Either way this has such synergistic potential and I'm excited.

All of this. Yes. More synergy. More combos. More potential. Xaku is one of the most complex frames you have made and I LOVE that their focus is more on the tactical nature of HOW you place the skills in the area or how you decide to combo them. This is made even more interesting with this change. Deny consistently had the feeling of "?????" when in the kit. With how Void Damage worked it was very lackluster against a significant portion of enemies for anything more than CC but you gained more control from just using Accuse/Disarm/ or even Untime then the temp banish on Deny especially considering the range differences and the energy cost being the same and HIGH. Now this ability further defines itself with synergy (A+ love it) as a high "single" target burst ability. I'm really curious to see how it feels.

T H A N K Y O U. I can now actually use this ability without worrying about not being able to cast anything else

I am SHOOK. This is FANTASTIC. But I'm curious. Do we get to recast abilities during this frozen period? How does this work with Accuse and Gaze specifically? Is the idea simply that we tactically place our marks and then Untime so we get that duration? Or is it more of a protea synergy where we can infintely recast abilities and have them frozen in duration? Like could we place more gaze targets? Recast Accuse? It's interesting either way but the part of me that just wants to go ham is thinking "Interesting. Very Very Interesting".

So, I am one of those people with a 5 forma Xaku. I personally don't know if the 6th would make that much of a difference. In the builds I'm running I don't have problems, but the idea of Xaku being a truly BUILDABLE frame, getting increasing better the more you invested was always clear. However while I don't disagree that Gaze especially is INCREDIBLY strong, I do hope you at least consider giving Accuse and Gaze the same fast cast treatment the rest of the kit is getting. Those abilities just don't feel good to cast and with how BALANCED Xaku is in terms of stats (AKA everything sort of needs to be positive) there just isn't space for a thing like Natural talent. I LOVE the concept of gaze and Accuse but I personally find them much too slow to use consistently without the help of a Helminth ability that stuns or imbolizes in some capacity like Shooting Gallery or silence. Yes it is true you can use Accuse first into Gaze to get that mild CC or GOL into the aforementioned combo, but again it sounds like Deny and Grasp of Lohk are going to be near instant casts with these changes and those abilities didn't even feel that slow to me to begin with. 

Gaze and Accuse ARE powerful. They're pretty much Mind Control/Enthrall and Psychic Bolts in a significant AOE respectively and that's POTENT. However they don't feel good to play with as they are. Not when you have abilities with the same or greater range in the game that don't effect your capacity to move/shoot/slash or otherwise defend yourself while casting unlike for instance breach surge or even Grasp of Lohk, Silence, Shooting Gallery. Etc.

They feel choppy and the slow down the gameplay of Xaku which overall to me gives me the vibe of fast paced tactical control. Xaku plays three steps ahead of their enemies. Everything is premeditated and CONTROLLED and it's jarring to have an ability move slower than your mind. This is doubly true in a game like Warframe where the mobs are many in number and (at least if you're running MOT SP) hitting reaaaaaal hard too. The hack and slash, go go go, energy of this game plus how I find myself playing Xaku makes me more consistently using GOL and UNTIME than anything in The Lost.

I'm hoping that at the VERY least we get the speed up treatment in R2. Ideally the capacity to recast Accuse at will like Lohk. If we reached for the stars I'd take a third gaze target XD. But minimum what I think would make The Lost feel truly fluid (and fluidity is important with a frame like Xaku who's abilities build off of each other and synergize so well in a Control/Defense light) is that treatment. As so much of the kit is centered around tactics being able to switch between ability and ability. Ability to weapon. All with minimal stopping power will definitely make Xaku feel solid.

Anyway that's just my two cents whatever that's worth. These changes are again, I'm so glad to read that so much of the community feedback is being implemented. I've heard a lot of people not giving Xaku a chance in spite of the evidence of their potential because they feel like too many QOL improvements are needed. I'm happy to see so many of those addressed and can't wait to test them out some more!

as the nerd who they're referring to with the whole six forma thing, here's the build I came up with.

https://imgur.com/3sBSzoO

and my original thread on the warframe subreddit

It's kinda wild seeing like 90% of the points i hit on actually being the first pass of the rework.

The passive:

I don't like the passive being overwritten. It is basically designed to not exist if you are using the ult effectively and with the changes designed to encourage keeping it on rather than flipping it on and off for the damage and slow it deals I think the passive is now bad enough to be worth complaining about. This is one of those small but annoying things that would bother everyone all the way up tell xaku gets their second rework in the year 2025 or something.  Right now how the passive interacts with the 4 and other dodge related mods isn't very understandable. To fix the issues there are really only three options I can think of that don't involve complete replacement.

-Shifting more of the evasion to the passive to further reward the times when you are caught without your 4 on so it doesn't feel completely pointless to have the passive. Something like 33%-50% on the passive with the ult becoming +42%-25% in parallel which keeps the idea of the 75% maximum. Right now i'm not sure if it just "sets" total evasion at 75% but if that is the case then does it also completely ignore the other evasion mods in the game?

-Making the ult a evasion multiplier. This would have the added benefit of making additional evasion feel rewarding while clearly explaining that its not just a replacement for the passive. On a side note the different evasion and accuracy debuffing mods probably need a pass for clarity on what works with what. The intention is to multiply them as well making a interesting dodge tank build path. Listed second but my favorite choice personally. It can be made modeable in addition but this would only be because I feel 75% isn't enough.

-Remove the dodge chance on the 4 and make the passive modable by something. It could be something that also happens when the 4 is cast so the theme remains but this is probably the least cool solution.

Xata's Whisper:

I approve. Now make it effect Eidolons and you will have undone all the previous mistakes you made regarding this ability and its damage type. At least test it and see if you hate it and give it some other restrictions like damage capping or damage reduction but it just not working is honestly not ok.

Grasp of Lohk:

These changes will either be just perfect or actually too good. If I understand correctly you could keep disarming people and adding to the amount of guns indefinitely until the cap is reached but i have to ask what happens when you reach cap? Is the cap on a per cast basis or a total amount of guns allowed? I think the answer should be to clarify and perhaps change the cap to be a bit higher if you are not planning on letting it scale forever which as much fun as it would be to be a death-star-cloud-ball of weapons should probably not be allowed. The problem I have with it is the range makes it hard to use consistently and I find myself thinking that if this was a cone with double the range rather than a small self aoe id be much happier. Even if it was some sort of projectile so I didn't have to be the focus of the aoe would make skilled usage much more accessible. Why does Xatas Whisper not buff your void weapons with void damage?

Deny:

Good synergy but this doesn't fix much. This ability is 75 energy,  borderline single target, Full body casting animation, 4k damage (before modding) ability which will remain a bad ability if you don't focus on maintaining a different ability. This ability should be THE single target murder ability and right now, while it looks cool, how much damage it deals to a target is all that really matters. I very much like that it is capable of head/weakspot shots but it should reward you more for being accurate like that. The changes so far are not what I consider the right path since if you increase the cast speed too much you lose the ability to buff it in other areas because it becomes easier to spam and easier to avoid miscasting. I have some ideas here dependent on the cast time only being buffed like 20% at most.

-Laser directs your void guns aggro to the target until the target is dead. This is a good idea no matter the other stuff actually.

-On a weak point hit it deals true damage ignoring armor and other defenses.

-On a weak point hit refund energy.

-On X amount of kills using this ability or on weak point hit give a permanent increase to damage to deny or void damage abilities overall for that mission.

-Deal X% health damage on weak point hit.

-Let Xatas Whisper apply its buff to Deny.

-I don't even know for sure if this counts as the lifted status effect but it really should if it doesn't.

-Give the ability object punch through and remove the range limit. Honestly its a laser why can't I try to snipe with it?

-Make it a 1 handed ability or at least not a full body ability. Stopping to channel anything is beyond annoying in this the year of 2020.

-Have the beam of light connect every enemy hit to the next enemy by a Xaku tentacle chain. Which Xaku then pulls bringing enemies toward them a set amount of distance as though literally lashed together. At its most basic level this is just a mag pull with a tinier hit box and the lifted thing instead of a knock down. Unless instead of the pull being a sharp tug you can just keep pulling it in or stop pulling and tug them around like a tiny T posing train set. This helps set up Grasp of Lohk a bit without feeling too much like any other "grouping" ability in the game.

-Make the more enemies you hit in a line multiply damage. Maybe its for the next one use of the ability, maybe its more for each one down the chain whenever its fired, just reward hitting multiple enemies with the tiny skill shot somehow.

To be completely honest this game has aoe abilities that deal millions of damage a second so I don't understand why you keep riding the breaks on single target style abilities. This ability behaves like a single target ability except in narrow hallways, and it could probably one shot everything besides bosses and it still might not get used with all these limitations and costs. You could add all of my suggestions and it still might not be enough just due to the nature of the game so please don't hold back on the sweet channeled laser cannon.

The Vast Untime:

Neat change but the unstated downside is that it seems like you are saying the ability must be cast already before untime is cast, and i'd want to confirm that abilities cast after it are affected as well? If none of your ability timers tick down during it then this change is excellent but if it only preserves stuff already cast then its not nearly as good. This change has some potential for trolling since  you can extend the time a target is invulnerable in gaze to almost a hour with a fast cast speed+high duration build and recasting untime as soon as it wears off. This isnt enough reason to change your plans for this ability but some changes to gaze invulnerability could be required as a heads up.

This ability suffers heavily from almost doing a ton of things well, but then being unmodable so you aren't allowed to enjoy any of it. Damage vulnerability debuff unmodable, move speed buff unmodable, evasion bonus umodable. I can understand the evasion bonus since it was probably pretty hard to think of a way to avoid giving 100% dodge chance but it isnt good enough at 75% to be relied upon either. The slow is modable but you could put every power strength mod in the game on and it would only reach 84% slow. You have to get a Nidus Link involved or something else to have a hope of actually reaching the 100% cap. Buff the slow to like 33% and its suddenly manageable. The ability is treated as a channeling ability currently as well so is the energy restrictions going away with the energy drain changes? Why does the void damage from this ability not reset sentient resistances?

Other Stuff:

Accuse interactions with other abilities are strange in that I am allowed to disarm my new allies with Grasp of Lohk and Strip their armor with Gaze but Grasp of Lohk won't shoot them with said stolen guns, and I cant even hit them with Deny. So basically it seems like i'm allowed to make my allies weaker but not kill them by accident which is actually fine since it means my enemies kill them for me while they kill the enemy but its specifically the interaction with deny that bothers me. Is this so your allied targets don't get in the way of your shot? Well Deny seems like it passes through all enemies anyway and this is like the one way to make it easy and safe to hit so why the restriction.

To jump the gun a bit the possible change to Accuse to make it recastable is 100% needed in its current state but it raises the question then, is it just a better version of nyx chaos at that point? Sure it would have the target limit per cast (or possibly target limit over all casts which sounds bad but might be fine) shorter range and shorter duration overall but honestly the trade off is worth it with its 100% ally conversion rate and is able to cover new enemies before the old ones die off completely without needing a damn augment to only sort of fix the problem. 

Gaze is strong but the interaction of holding a enemy in place and making them invincible only to take the damage at the end of the duration seems unnecessary and clunky. I already found my self annoyed several times at having to wait for my or a allies Gaze to wear off a target so they could die and with the changes to the duration possible with the coming 4 buff this could become even more of a issue as I have already mentioned. Why does this have to target a enemy in the first place and if it must why does it have to do the rest of it? I seek changes to this but have no suggestions as this sounds like a part 2 thing except as anything more than a quality of life improvement.

Design Feedback Overall: 

Overall I am most happy with the amount and quality of changes to Grasp of Lohk and least happy with the amount and quality of changes to Deny. I honestly thought Xaku was going to be more focused on survival when I read that the frame was cobbled together from salvaged parts, but knowing Xaku is actually the void worm/skeleton frame within the parts I guess the focus being on void power enhancement overall would be the stronger choice. We ended up with more enemy control than directly strong void related parts right now and some of these buffs to those weaker areas could make the frame amazing and one I will enjoy playing much more. The traveling murder frame is something that has been hard to find since embers world on fire changes (nerfs imo) and I think Xaku will fill that niche for me after some changes, while also being already excellent on the opposite spectrum at staying in a area and stacking your advantages which I enjoy as well. 

Great list of changes, but it does feel like it might be lacking in a few key ways.

• Passive:
    • 25% and 75% still doesn't feel like it's reliable enough. Maybe the Vast Untime could add a second, separate 75% instance that rolls/checks separately from the 25% instance - so you'd get multiplicative DR like Baruuk's Restraint with AOE attacks, and two chances to dodge damage.
  • Void Damage:
    • It's a great step in the right direction, but neutral to everything is not true neutral - it's affected fully by armor DR. Being able to bypass armor while having zero positive multipliers against it, like True Damage (except against those special enemies like Eidolons and Bosses), would make it more relevant - the current state is fine on Xaku, because they can strip armor, but not great for other Warframes and Operators.
    • The Void proc is also honestly underwhelming. Ideally, it should be changed to be compatible with Status Refresh: Stackable, Condition Overload viable, and overall more potent. Seeing as Void procs functionally disable headshots, maybe they could add a damage multiplier that specifically calculates on the same level as headshot multiplier, using the code from the sniper headshot damage mod Target Acquired? Ending at something like 3x "headshot" multiplier at 10 stacks with a larger hitbox would solve its problem of reducing the effective DPS of crit weapons and overall make it much more viable.
    • Literally just making the void proc center on heads would also address the issue, with a smaller stacking bonus to headshot multiplier OR the size of the bubble - and Scourge could be changed to simply apply a long duration Void proc on throw pulses.
  • Xata's Whisper:
    • If Void became True Damage in all other respects, this would be enough, but if Void stays the way it is in this workshop, it needs higher than 26% damage bonus.
  • Grasp of Lohk:
    • Its base range and targeting range, as well as its fire rate, are still a bit underwhelming and could use some adjustment upward. Especially its targeting range and cast range.
    • I'd still like this to be a targeted cast on area.
    • Scaling number of weapons with range feels like it's too restrictive - it makes Xaku dependent on every stat and now ties Deny to range.
  • The Lost:
    • Accuse really does need to turn charmed enemy damage into Void, for greater synergy with Xaku's abilities.
    • Gaze is great with high investment, but not so much without it. Maybe just increase the range? The strength threshold is nice for allowing both full strip and incomplete strip if modded correctly, but it's a high cost in terms of mod drain, slots, or efficiency.
    • Deny's major issue is not fixed at all. Namely, it has almost no hitbox, essentially being a single line trace toward the reticle with no width or height - it misses enemies that are very slightly above or below or to the side of the beam's center point. It needs a much larger hitbox, at least Sol Gate large.
    • Deny is also now dependent on Range for its damage, which seems not quite entirely reasonable in the current state.
    • The Lost is quite expensive to cast still; a cost of 50 would better suit the way Deny is currently designed. Gaze is clearly designed to be cast twice, and Accuse recastability would also mean that its cost to recast would be a bigger factor.
  • The Vast Untime:
    • This helps with a lot of its issues, but there are still a few left.
    • The main one is that the ability only hits those in initial cast range, and removes the debuff once it expires or is decast. This makes the 100 energy initial cast still extremely hungry, even accounting for the fact that it now serves as 'efficiency' for every other ability.
    • I think the best solution would involve either making the base ability cheaper again (remember, Xaku has no way of getting energy back), giving Xaku some form of energy regeneration (because as it is, the kit is still largely dependent on Energize, Zenurik, or high Efficiency)...
    • ...and/or giving The Vast Untime a way to keep applying the buff after its initial cast, by having Xaku's warframe parts return to swirl around them in a close-range vortex that deals the same Void damage per tick and reapplies the debuff to everyone it hits.

18 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Here is how we are changing Grasp of Lohk:

• Increasing the speed at which enemies are disarmed so that it occurs earlier in the casting animation. Also increasing the casting animation speed overall. 
    • Currently, the point of when enemies are disarmed once Grasp of Lohk is cast is far too delayed. 
  • Allowing Grasp of Lohk to be recast. 
    • How it will work: Any existing Grasp of Lohk weapons will simply be replaced by the new cast up to the maximum amount of targets.
    • Currently, once Grasp of Lohk is cast you are locked with the weapons that were grabbed until the end of the ability’s duration. This is obviously limiting if the ability was cast with undesired effect. To counteract this limitation, we are adding the option to recast. With the added benefit of resetting the ability’s duration and disarming a new set of enemies where/when desired. 

Round 2 NEEDS to be increasing fire range. The grab range is fine, but I need to stay literally in the face of an enemy for Lohk to fire, which is a bit obnoxious, even with a max range build. 

I get that DE is trying to make something complex here but the design of the game is just really not conducive to how complicated they're trying to make this character.  I like his 1 providing a flat buff is solid, and the idea that his ult can now basically be used to plateau his abilities in a sort of infinite loop is a great concept. But his 2 is literally worthless in the map they released him alongside and even with these changes is going to be mildly effective at best in the majority of missions. The Lost is not only lackluster, but confusing (agree with comments stating these should be color coded if kept). We have a stationary version of revenants thrall except worse, a single target armor strip also outclassed by other frames, and a stationary beam laser that fires in one direction at a time. Oh boy. Half of his current kit is too slow and too stationary for a game where the norm is bouncing around like a pinball. I don't particularly see how either his 2 or 3 could really benefit from the Untime changes either.

16 minutes ago, BalaDeSilver said:

Round 2 NEEDS to be increasing fire range. The grab range is fine, but I need to stay literally in the face of an enemy for Lohk to fire, which is a bit obnoxious, even with a max range build. 

Removing centralized casting is what you mean? Or did you mean fire *rate which is cast speed basically? Or are you talking about the  range which the weapons target stuff at. Last one seems most likely.

I also think that void status needs a look over, I’m not saying my idea is the best it`s just something I came up with.

Void status

·       On hit it will show enemies weak point.

·       Its bullet attractor works better.

·       The duration last 5 seconds.

·       When killed or duration runs out it will explode (small) and spread a void affect to nearby enemies with in a 7m radius.

·       New enemies affected will increase damage from outside sources for 7 seconds. 

·       Visually it looks like a radiation proc with sparks around it.

I really love how you've said you're putting an "Emphasis on “Untime”, when Xaku is in their skeletal form their other active abilities’ duration will become frozen in time", as if you didn't just bring out a Warframe who's entire design concept is manipulating time but for some reason gets a turret and a dispensary

First you gave Xaku the Tatsu (Revenant's signature weapon), now you're giving them time manipulation powers, Xaku is just out here straight up cucking other Warframes at this point. 

20 hours ago, D1videdByZer0 said:

I do wonder if void damage can be improved even further by giving it a certain proc.

Void damage is a very special damage type. Giving it a special effect could increase the utility of Operators as well... idk maybe it can work like slag damage in Borderlands 2. So every stack of void proc would increase damage taken by all other sources by 10% or something (and the status effect lingers for quite a while).

I had the idea of making void procs increase void damage taken by the target. This would make it directly antithetical to Sentient resistance gates, which would be thematically fitting, and a satisfying, self-contained damage type.

vor 20 Stunden schrieb D1videdByZer0:

I do wonder if void damage can be improved even further by giving it a certain proc.

Void damage is a very special damage type. Giving it a special effect could increase the utility of Operators as well... idk maybe it can work like slag damage in Borderlands 2. So every stack of void proc would increase damage taken by all other sources by 10% or something (and the status effect lingers for quite a while).

this ^

18 hours ago, Celimbor said:

Well, thanks for nothing, I guess. I hope this isn't the last redesign of Xaku because holy hell this is bad.

This note made me laugh and was totally redundant, if you actually check what enemies have either cloned flesh or fossilized. Then you'd notice that neither Eidolons nor Amalgams use these types health classes. I'm really wondering why they even mentioned it, they could've just said bosses. Anyways I don't see why "certain bosses" should retain these resistances, removing that 50% resistance makes almost no difference.

Void damage's issue is armour and its terrible status effect.

20 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Here is how we are changing Xaku’s Passive: 

• Including AOE damage reduction as part of Xaku’s Passive. 
    • How it will work: AOE damage will simply take a 25% damage reduction (75% while The Vast Untime is active).
    • Currently, Xaku’s Passive reduces incoming weapon damage. Which includes projectile, hitscan, and melee attacks, but does not include any protection from enemy AOE damage. For example, if an enemy shot a rocket at Xaku, the projectile itself would have a 25% chance to pass through them and deal no damage (75% with The Vast Untime), but the explosion following would have the full effect. With this change, Xaku’s Passive grants them 25% damage reduction on the following AOE explosion from that rocket. That’s increased to 75% when Xaku is running around bare bones!

This isn't going to impact how incredibly squishy this frame is...

• You could have released this frame with an Aura Forma built in
  • You could also have added 2 more passives (making one of them an effect similar to Quick Thinking) to help alleviate the squishiness.

Right now, it appears that Xaku is intended to be this squishy on purpose.

You folks have given, yet another, CC frame glass cannon defense specs...Even the glass cannon frames have more defense than Xaku does.

What, exactly, do ya'll have against CC frames?

Right now, this frame is so wonky that players couldn't find room to fit an augment in the builds even if you introduced one. 

20 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

It is important to note that Eidolons, Amalgams, and certain bosses will still maintain this resistance.

As it stands right now Xata’s Whisper bonus Void damage has no effect on Void weak enemies because they have a “resistance against their weakness”.

Either the % has to be bigger to make it more appealing than a nerfed Roar ( 26% vs 30%) or give the actual Void benefits to it.

Archived