Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Upcoming Xaku Changes!

[DE]Danielle

Good changes, but still not enough. Some feedback to consider.

Grasp of Lohk

• Base range increased from 8 to 12 meters.
  • Duration is doubled from 12 to 24 seconds.
  • The spectral guns should be more aggressive.

The Lost :

1. The Lost : Deny.

• Change the straight line energy beam to a cone. Straight line beam attack does not do well in a horde shooter like Warframe. There is a reason why I swapped out Sol Gate for something else.

2. The Lost : Accuse.

• Can you please not let allies kill the converted targets? This ability suffers like enthrall. Everytime I convert them my trigger happy teammates annihilate them instantly.
  • Duration should be doubled from 12 to 24 seconds

3. The Lost : Gaze 

• Effect radius should be 25 meters base. 
  • Enemies entering it should be slowed by 20% base.
  • Duration increased from 14 to 24 seconds.

With these changes to The Lost the effects are strong enough to justify the hefty 75 energy cost.

2 hours ago, DrivaMain said:

Can you please not let allies kill the converted targets? This ability suffers like enthrall. Everytime I convert them my trigger happy teammates annihilate them instantly.

But Enthralled enemies live you something upon death.... maybe Xaku can do the same? Maybe it can convert other enemies?

•  
  • Duration increased from 14 to 24 seconds.

The specifically made his 4th freeze time to add duration... not gonna happen.

For round 2, take a look at Xata's Whisper to make it more, interesting? It's one of the more uninspired abilities to come out with recent frames, no offense to the players who suggested it.

Some more interactions/synergies within Xaku's kit and something useful outside of it (e.g. more casting speed to allies within Affinity Range ala Accelerant)

3 hours ago, quxier said:

The specifically made his 4th freeze time to add duration... not gonna happen.

What about Helminth builds that replaces Vast Untime? An ability should not be 100% dependant to other abilities. Who thought that 14 seconds for an ability that cost 75 energy was a good idea? Vex Armor, Chaos, Roar, Breach Surge, and other 75 energy cost abilities has a much longer duration that this and in Xaku’s case you are supposed to spam it.

5 hours ago, quxier said:

What about Helminth builds that replaces Vast Untime? An ability should not be 100% dependant to other abilities. Who thought that 14 seconds for an ability that cost 75 energy was a good idea? Vex Armor, Chaos, Roar, Breach Surge, and other 75 energy cost abilities has a much longer duration that this and in Xaku’s case you are supposed to spam it.

Only 2 abilities need more duration: Gaze & Accuse. Their 1st has enough duration (and is recast-able), their 2nd should be spam-able as well.
But I'm saying that they just make 4th freeze time so people would use it. Protea could use it... back to the topic. If they add duration to those abilities then "freeze time" would be useless, hence they won't change it.

1 hour ago, Galuf said:

Vast untime should freeze buffs like arcanes, set procs, kavaats buffs, ...

If it was the case, then it would be GREAT.... but seeing that Protea set all things (buff included) to previous state I won't see this coming. Sadly.

il y a 58 minutes, quxier a dit :

If it was the case, then it would be GREAT.... but seeing that Protea set all things (buff included) to previous state I won't see this coming. Sadly.

It would even make more sense as she goes back in time and he freezes it.

On 2020-09-10 at 11:42 AM, Pandabarrel said:

These look promising, but Xata's Whisper still looks too weak. A 26% dmg buff is basically a free Helminth slot. Smite Infusion gets 100%, why not the same for Xata's Whisper. I don't see how this could be an issue when we can't use it on Eidolons.

Comparing Apples to Oranges there. Smite Infusion makes you able to make your allies stronger at the cost of weakening yourself with the loss of a mod slot. Xata's Whisper is a net personal increase in power with a specific elemental damage type that does not require a mod slot and has similar numbers to the only other ability to do this in the game, Toxic Lash. Slightly lower because Void is going to become a completely unresisted damage type with this update. Though the proc is crap so it probably needs to either have the proc changed or a bonus effect to really bring it on par with Toxic Lash.

10 minutes ago, Ceryk said:

Comparing Apples to Oranges there. Smite Infusion makes you able to make your allies stronger at the cost of weakening yourself with the loss of a mod slot. Xata's Whisper is a net personal increase in power that does not require a mod slot and has similar numbers to the only other ability to do this in the game, Toxic Lash. Slightly lower because Void is going to become a completely unresisted damage type with this update. Though the proc is crap so it probably needs to either have the proc changed or a bonus effect to really bring it on par with Toxic Lash.

Notice how Smite also doubles as a solid nuke on top of being able to buff damage at the cost of a mod slot.

Xata's Whisper is "make gun shoot harder". That's "super jump"-levels of pathetic. Not an ability I'd expect DE to make in 2020. In fact I expected much more from them regarding 3/4 of her kit. Generic damage buff to her gun, generic speed/evasion buff while amplifying damage, 3 random arbitrary abilities. Literally none of her kit relates to the theme of being a broken frame brought back together. None of her abilities capitalizes on her ability to take herself apart. Just an uninspired kit overall.

Worst part is people mistake that as her being underpowered and thinks buffing her will solve "generic"

47 minutes ago, Galuf said:

It would even make more sense as she goes back in time and he freezes it.

In my opinion she manipulates time (like Limbo manipulates "space") but she would be hard to implement and she could be too powerful. Hence, they give her "pseudo time rewind". Her whole quest is about it.
Xaku, on other hand, is about the void and a multi-frame aspect.

20 minutes ago, (PS4)GingyGreen said:

Xata's Whisper is "make gun shoot harder".

From what I see lot of people just expect it make more damage... so blame gamers as well.
However, Xata's Whisper is not only buff... its proc makes you pretty capable defender (not all faction types I guess). If none shoots you you are safe from a lot of damage.

Been playing Xaku a little more lately. The changes are not live at this time. The following are major nitpicks, and are really just fine-tuning my critique.

The passive just doesn't work. Your base health pool is so low that every roughly one in four shots doing nothing to you isn't causing any tangible difference in your pitiful health pool. Level 30 enemies on Fortuna are hitting me for like half of my health with their pea shooters, so I'm really having to up my movement game. With Vast Untime up, I'm still taking a ton of damage. I wouldn't say adding flat damage resistance would be a good solution. I would argue this would be fine if it wasn't for 291 base health at lv30. I also make the argument that health and shield mods should multiply final health and shield levels, not level 1 values, but that's a topic for another time. Perhaps having more health alone would really boost the effectiveness, but overall this is literally just random and not a reliable means of damage mitigation.

Grasp of Lohk really needs that casting speed increase. The total cast time of this, and then the activation time, leads to three seconds of you only able to move. It really needs to be AoE around your cursor to fully get what it needs to work well. If it gets that change, it needs no change to range. Otherwise, it needs to be buffed numerically. The guns really fall off at level 20, to boot. Basing stolen gun count on range feels really odd. I really think limiting that when Loki doesn't have such a limitation is strange, but I can see why you would want to. I stand by my statement that your mods should affect damage on matching weapon types if you're going to limit our gun count. Void projectiles would get melee mods, not having a matching weapon slot equipped means you get no bonus. Womp-womp.

Xata's Whisper could stand to be a one-handed animation, like Toxic Lash. Not vital, but would be nice.

Gaze takes too long to deploy, and often by the time the tendrils even appear, the enemy is long dead, and I'm standing still. We'll have to see what round 2 brings, and yeah, I'll be hanging out in that post, too. Bring some chips, Danielle. :) GoL needs to ignore targets of this ability, because they current glue to them and it's very annoying.

Accuse is too random to be useful in my experience, and other than some minor chaos, this is not exactly a good ability no matter how you slice it. I'm really curious what edge cases you're seeing, because outside of pulling some aggro, there are almost no uses to use this in a squad. Even worse is that GoL guns won't target them, even if there are no targets. I do not see the point of an AoE mind control, and would rather prefer this be an AoE radiation proc. It would lead to the same function, but just be far more useful.

Deny will be better with the changes listed, but it's still just going to be "shoot beam for damage." I really hope that this could be changed to a wave that increases in angle with more Lohk guns. Also, 5 guns seems a little low for for a boost cap on Deny when you can grab 12 with 20% power strength, but again, need to do some testing.

Vast Untime's "release" has kind of an awkward step forward after a long break apart animation. I don't like it.

I made an attempt at a video to go over some ideas I had along with my response to the upcoming changes

Spoiler

1. I worry that Xaku's kit is getting cluttered up

2. Void status HAS to be reworked (it literally drops your damage due to no headshots)

3. Grasp of Lohk needs more range. it feels like a melee skill, and Xaku doesn't want to be in melee range

4. Despite being on the same ability button, The Lost has NO cohesion whatsoever between the 3 abilities. 

5. I feel like The Vast Untime has potential to be really good and cool, but certain parts just aren't hooked up the right way. Plus, I came up with a cool idea to pick up individual parts of Xaku's broken self to add damage reduction

6. In general, Xaku needs a Niche, a role. He provides nothing to a team. I want to push him towards a powerful debuffer role.

On 2020-09-11 at 12:00 AM, [DE]Danielle said:

We are making Void damage ‘True Neutral’ by removing the 50% resistance of Void damage on Cloned Flesh and Fossilized enemies - a long desired request for Void damage.

Nice. Then there shall be no few stubborn survivors left around Obelisks :3

On 2020-09-10 at 12:05 PM, D1videdByZer0 said:

I do wonder if void damage can be improved even further by giving it a certain proc.

Void damage is a very special damage type. Giving it a special effect could increase the utility of Operators as well... idk maybe it can work like slag damage in Borderlands 2. So every stack of void proc would increase damage taken by all other sources by 10% or something (and the status effect lingers for quite a while).

Funnily enough Void damaged already has a status proc.  It's special effect is a bullet magnet.  Any enemy with a Void status effect will suck in bullets.

Also, the increased damage taken by all sources already exists.  That's the new effect that Viral has.

2 hours ago, Alphas said:

Funnily enough Void damaged already has a status proc.  It's special effect is a bullet magnet.  Any enemy with a Void status effect will suck in bullets.

Also, the increased damage taken by all sources already exists.  That's the new effect that Viral has.

Yes, but that only applys to Health, nothing else. Allowing Void act like Slag will effect ALL factions, across the board (Including Armor/Shields and Health) rather then just the HP side of things.

Void will work like this: On it's base it has no bonuses or penalties against any targets, all it will do is Apply the "Voided" Effect and cause the enemy to be "marked" (For Visual design it can work like how Accuse effect works)

Once the Target is "Voided" any type of damage it takes is doubled, including effects from elemental damage, critical hits, weapons, and damage over time effects. To make it balanced.

The only other effect I can see it doing is Lifted and have highlighted area causes the inflicted damage to be multiplied.

Last thing I can think of if the Void Status has complete random effects, so might trigger any type of Status damage at random. (but always the correct one) for the faction.

9/16/2020 Status Update

Just popping in to provide an addition to the Xaku Changes:

We are indeed increasing Grasp of Lohk disarm range in round 1. Firing range experiments were a bit too wild for round 1, and we will come back to that decision much later in round 2.

These Xaku Changes are still planned for this week on PC - Console at a later date!

Archived