Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Upcoming Xaku Changes!

[DE]Danielle

@[DE]Danielle Regarding not touching Gaze... Can we at least make it so the ability is useful when enemies are more than 0.5 inches off the ground? As it stands, any enemy that isn't touching the ground is completely unaffected by Gaze. Meaning ospreys, sentients, enemies affected by khora's strangledome or vauban's bastille/vortex, nidus larva, etc. Right now, the ability is only useful if the enemy is actually touching the ground.

Seems like that was fixed, hooray! But I didn't see it noted in any of the patchnotes I was looking in. On to the second thing, then:

Also as many others have said, a big issue with Xaku's kit is that their abilities (Grasp of Lohk in particular) have horrendous base range, and we pretty much have to use every single slot we have to make their abilities useable, which means cutting out any form of survivability mods. Could we see an increase in base range?

On 2020-09-11 at 7:35 AM, HolySeraphin said:

It doesn't. The extra damage is added as an extra damage instance, using the weapon's status chance as reference for status chance. It is closer to Saryn's toxic lash than the usual elemental buffs.

"Xata's Whisper VoidTearIcon b Void damage is based on a percentage of the total weapon damage.

Talking about different things. Seraphin is correct in that adding damage of a different type will increase the likelihood of getting a different proc. The wiki is talking about the fact that it is not a damage type converting ability and doesn't mention status at all.

My biggest question is "Why void damage?" 

I do think Void damage is a little overdue for some TLC since status was changed to have some stacking effect, that void is...void of, I'd argue you could've gotten a nice theme across giving Xaku "adaptive" damage instead of Void, but I know a danger here is invalidating all other elemental buffs even if Xaku's isnt that high of a percentage.

7 minutes ago, Synpai said:

My biggest question is "Why void damage?" 

I do think Void damage is a little overdue for some TLC since status was changed to have some stacking effect, that void is...void of, I'd argue you could've gotten a nice theme across giving Xaku "adaptive" damage instead of Void, but I know a danger here is invalidating all other elemental buffs even if Xaku's isnt that high of a percentage.

Damage adaptation is the Sentients thing.

Revenants a more likely candidate to be give abilities revolving around adaptive damage.

23 hours ago, Leqesai said:

I disagree. I find that adaptation + Xaku's evasion is pretty darn tanky. I don't know why we need another layer of DR when adaptation already gives 90%. Considering you're receiving half as many hits this reduces sustained DPS onto Xaku by 50% and isn't affected by diminishing returns of DR.

Because what you think is good does not mean it’s actually good.

On 2020-09-10 at 10:00 AM, [DE]Danielle said:

We plan on releasing all of these changes on PC next week, and Console shortly after. 

Ok but why the delay? That seems pointless and frustrating. I want to main Xaku but knowing good changes are coming make them harder to play when something that is going to be fixed is noticed I just get frustrated. 

I don't want to come off too irritated but I've been hype for Xaku for a long time and it feels like they released in alpha state and this update with be beta and will need few more refinements for full release of Xaku. So how much of a delay until Xaku is actually truly in the game? Maybe I'm being overdramatic but I love them a lot and I know they're cappable of being so much more.

Xaku could use some flat, non-moddable, damage reduction on all damage sources(not just explosive) when Untime is active, like 50-60% ish. This will cause that 25% of unmitigated enemy damage to be less frustrating and reduce the needless complexity of having damage reduction only for explosive damage. Even with the misleading view that the evasion equates to 75% DR by itself, an extra 50% DR only results in 87.5% DR which is already less than what other frames can get on a single non-ultimate ability(gara, ember, etc.). This DR would be more of a safety net that players would still need to build some base bulk around to properly tank(I'm thinking a Primed Vigor and/or a full Umbral build personally).

TLDR: Playing with chance is not fun in a game where enemy damage scales to one-shot levels at an alarming pace. Otherwise, I think I would just continue to pay attention to community feedback regarding their damage and other ability numbers, usability, and fun-factor; we are here to have fun after all :)

hace 5 horas, (PS4)adriangc007 dijo:

weapons stolen with the second ability should have effects depending on the type of weapon you steal. for example, a gorgon will have a higher rate of fire. Now it does not matter which weapons you steal, it is only aesthetic

While the idea of grabbing enemy weapons and use them as they behave normally is great, in practice you'd be getting a lot of cleavers and bratons due of how spawns work.

Besides Heavy Gunners, Bombards, Noxes and some others only spawning once you get to a certain point in a mission (like 5-10 minutes in on endless runs for example) or robotic enemies like Bursas/Ospreys not having weapons to steal.

18 hours ago, ABlindGuyPlays said:

-snip-

Aside from Eidolon topic, there's an important advantage of Xata's Whisper: resetting Sentient resistances with any weapon (with good status chance). It'll become a very popular ability once we get more Sentient content.

I love Xaku, their kit is really fun I and I think these buffs are great and a step in the right direction for them. The only thing that I ask for is a little bit more range on Gaze and maybe make the Vast Untime have and aura effect that applies the void damage debuff and the slow to enemies who come within range. Or make it so that the evasion on the Vast Untime is mod able to 100%, this would make it so that Xaku can survive in the late game, allow them to get closer to enemies without have to buff any ranges or base stats in order to keep them safe in the late game. It wouldn't be overpowered as it wouldn't allow them to abuse Rage/Hunter Adrenaline and they wouldn't have to use Adaptation. It's just a nice buff that would make them feel better to play.

2 hours ago, Xaero said:

Aside from Eidolon topic, there's an important advantage of Xata's Whisper: resetting Sentient resistances with any weapon (with good status chance). It'll become a very popular ability once we get more Sentient content.

She’ll be meta for Scarlet Spear Murex runs probably. But being useful one time out of the year is still not good.

Not sure these changes will make them viable. There will still be too much preperation needed in order for the skills to do any worthwhile damage.

Grasp of Lohk on its own just deals horribly low damage, it needs to be coupled with the armor strip from Gaze, which has the horribly clunky toggle mechanic tied to it aswell as needing enemies to wander into the AoE zone of the trapped enemy. By the time you've stolen the weapons and debuffed the enemy they'll likely be dead from weapons already.

Why isnt The Lost just turned into a single ability that takes aspects of each toggle instead? AoE splash that suspends the main target and "confusing" everything else, leaving all enemies in the zone of the main target stripped of defenses, initial hit also inflicts a void damage portion on the main target. I dont get why so many frames need to come with the toggles, when the mechanic is currently extremely clunky and not even unified across all frames that have them. 

it would be cool to change the animation of "rolling" slow down the attraction of modular parts , it would look more epic

I also think that it is not necessary to strengthen it, it is already strong enough, if only 1 skill , it has little practical use in the game

About Deny, now that it has potential in the damage output, there should be a way to capitalize on its CC effect as well.

Rather than a locked pinpoint accurate cast, allow us to sweep the beam by moving the reticle during the animation. The Void beam roughly lasts 1.5 seconds, so during that time we could cover a nice bit of area in Void laser devastation or suspension worth a 75 energy cost.

Great changes for Xaku but for sure still needs range improvement on all his abilities, guns should work more like how proteas gun does for range, his Deny should work like Trinity's health ability and pick the target up and deal damage to the target and anyone in the range with a blast at the end with built up damaged on death like how Trinity's energy and health work. The grasp of the guns should be closer to nidus's range , makes no sense to make it so he can't grab from afar. The changes to void dmg might make a difference but his void damage should definitely play a role towards eidolon hunting and needs to be increased in how much dmg is actually put out. The vast untime improvement is pretty cool , to be able to kepp the grasp active as long as you have your 4th ability active will help with duration play and you'll be able to accuse then keep it active for a longer period of time while in vast . But the blast dmg need to be fixed also on the vast , needs to be more effective and more slowness should be added. The reason I say this is if you play xaku on arbitration with the extra strength, his vast untime is strong enough to cause 95% slowness and LITERALLY freezes all enemies in the area. I feel this should be an option to be able to mod xaku with enough strength to freeze enemies without extra strength boost. Other than that he just needs a better skin now lol

Archived