I’m glad to see void damage no longer being weaker against infested and grineer. But the status proc for void still makes head shots more difficult and ultimately doesn’t really add a whole lot other than resetting sentient resistances. Could we see a possible small damage multiplier on the mini bullet attractor procs to make up for head shots or completely remake the proc from the ground up?

also, can’t we just have damage resistance instead of evasion. We’re getting it for aoe explosions, why not just go all the way?

Xaku’s base range for most abilities could use a buff as well.

Edited by Shadedraxe
hace 15 horas, HolySeraphin dijo:

It doesn't. The extra damage is added as an extra damage instance, using the weapon's status chance as reference for status chance. It is closer to Saryn's toxic lash than the usual elemental buffs.

"Xata's Whisper VoidTearIcon b Void damage is based on a percentage of the total weapon damage.

If you'll excuse me, I'll save this for future reference. We spent a couple hours testing some stuff up with a clanmate last week and got some really weird results regarding damage bonus skills and status chance.

Thanks for the tip!

Edited by metvincent
hace 17 horas, Padre_Akais dijo:

Right now, this frame is so wonky that players couldn't find room to fit an augment in the builds even if you introduced one. 

Couldn't agree more with you here.

It's one of the reasons why we shouldn't be taking 6 forma builds into account when balancing their kit. I've seen some since Xaku's release, they're so tight for mod capacity that we're stuck with certain mods just to be able to slot the others in or to reach certain thresholds (200% str for Gaze, decent range and duration for their other skills).

Xaku's kit doesn't allow for versatility with their current base stats. Again, just taking Gaze into account here for example you want 200% str. That means two to three mod slots occupied by strength mods alone (some used power drift, I went for R8 transient fortitude and Umbral intensify). Ok, now you want Grasp to be worth something so you're now stuck with Stretch+Augur Reach unless you go for Overextended and mess up the threshold for Gaze. Natural Talent feeling pretty much mandatory and so on.

With most builds I've seen so far, including my 6 different loadouts, there's no reliable way to make them versatile and have utility mods in unless you compromise the whole purpose of their kit.

Also while efficiency is usually the first stat you'd think on ditching because Arcane Energize, exodia brave and some other means we have to restore energy quickly that doesn't mean Xaku should be balanced around that. Not everyone has those, even less so the playerbase you want to log into the game the most based on DE's statistics.

Garuda used to need 200% STR too to get that 100% bleed chance sweet spot. Now takes about a third of that power strength to reach that threshold. She can work with less than 100% bleed chance too (compared to armor, where a 99% decrease still makes Grasp of Lohk do barely anything to enemies in regular SP content) She also got her casting times decreased. Hopefully it won't take over a year to make Xaku truly viable while trying to have build versatility (Garuda was released Nov 8th 2018 and the changes I'm referring to were introduced Nov 22nd 2019 ).

Besides that I agree with what most people have stated in here so far. Void dmg is not worth using (stat proc works effectively like a self debuff; makes it easy to figure out which skill to swap out with helminth, right?). Evasion is not a good survivability stat to rely on while playing (It also works against mods like Adaptation for example), even less so vs AOE or lingering dmg sources (like the ones that infested Moas use, toxin clouds from infested ospreys and Scorch fire patches). Grasp and Gaze need both higher range, duration and target aquisition range for Grasp specifically. Lastly I haven't read through all 13 pages we have on this thread so far, but I'm fairly certain some people might've addressed Grasp of Lohk aiming enemies caught by Gaze too.

I really wanted to like this warframe. Bought Xaku's collection on release. Threw about four forma in iirc before I realized In practice their kit feels quite underwhelming no matter what you do. Also please DE, make Attachments/Syandanas being shown while using Vast Untime a toggle. What's the point in slapping all the cosmetics we worked so hard and/or exclusively paid to own if we can't see them while using what seems to be one of the focuses from this workshop? If Vast Untime ends up working like you're suggesting, then it's safe to say we're gonna want to use it quite often. Not a fan of running around as a naked skeleton with only color changes to differenciate Xaku players on the same team.

Edited by metvincent
  • Like 8

@[DE]Danielle Regarding not touching Gaze... Can we at least make it so the ability is useful when enemies are more than 0.5 inches off the ground? As it stands, any enemy that isn't touching the ground is completely unaffected by Gaze. Meaning ospreys, sentients, enemies affected by khora's strangledome or vauban's bastille/vortex, nidus larva, etc. Right now, the ability is only useful if the enemy is actually touching the ground.

Seems like that was fixed, hooray! But I didn't see it noted in any of the patchnotes I was looking in. On to the second thing, then:

Also as many others have said, a big issue with Xaku's kit is that their abilities (Grasp of Lohk in particular) have horrendous base range, and we pretty much have to use every single slot we have to make their abilities useable, which means cutting out any form of survivability mods. Could we see an increase in base range?

Edited by Eibhleann
  • Like 8
On 2020-09-11 at 7:35 AM, HolySeraphin said:

It doesn't. The extra damage is added as an extra damage instance, using the weapon's status chance as reference for status chance. It is closer to Saryn's toxic lash than the usual elemental buffs.

"Xata's Whisper VoidTearIcon b Void damage is based on a percentage of the total weapon damage.

Talking about different things. Seraphin is correct in that adding damage of a different type will increase the likelihood of getting a different proc. The wiki is talking about the fact that it is not a damage type converting ability and doesn't mention status at all.

My biggest question is "Why void damage?" 

I do think Void damage is a little overdue for some TLC since status was changed to have some stacking effect, that void is...void of, I'd argue you could've gotten a nice theme across giving Xaku "adaptive" damage instead of Void, but I know a danger here is invalidating all other elemental buffs even if Xaku's isnt that high of a percentage.

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, Synpai said:

My biggest question is "Why void damage?" 

I do think Void damage is a little overdue for some TLC since status was changed to have some stacking effect, that void is...void of, I'd argue you could've gotten a nice theme across giving Xaku "adaptive" damage instead of Void, but I know a danger here is invalidating all other elemental buffs even if Xaku's isnt that high of a percentage.

Damage adaptation is the Sentients thing.

Revenants a more likely candidate to be give abilities revolving around adaptive damage.

• Like 1
23 hours ago, Leqesai said:

I disagree. I find that adaptation + Xaku's evasion is pretty darn tanky. I don't know why we need another layer of DR when adaptation already gives 90%. Considering you're receiving half as many hits this reduces sustained DPS onto Xaku by 50% and isn't affected by diminishing returns of DR.

Because what you think is good does not mean it’s actually good.

Edited by (XB1)GearsMatrix301
  • Like 3
On 2020-09-10 at 10:00 AM, [DE]Danielle said:

We plan on releasing all of these changes on PC next week, and Console shortly after. 

Ok but why the delay? That seems pointless and frustrating. I want to main Xaku but knowing good changes are coming make them harder to play when something that is going to be fixed is noticed I just get frustrated. 

I don't want to come off too irritated but I've been hype for Xaku for a long time and it feels like they released in alpha state and this update with be beta and will need few more refinements for full release of Xaku. So how much of a delay until Xaku is actually truly in the game? Maybe I'm being overdramatic but I love them a lot and I know they're cappable of being so much more.

Xaku could use some flat, non-moddable, damage reduction on all damage sources(not just explosive) when Untime is active, like 50-60% ish. This will cause that 25% of unmitigated enemy damage to be less frustrating and reduce the needless complexity of having damage reduction only for explosive damage. Even with the misleading view that the evasion equates to 75% DR by itself, an extra 50% DR only results in 87.5% DR which is already less than what other frames can get on a single non-ultimate ability(gara, ember, etc.). This DR would be more of a safety net that players would still need to build some base bulk around to properly tank(I'm thinking a Primed Vigor and/or a full Umbral build personally).

TLDR: Playing with chance is not fun in a game where enemy damage scales to one-shot levels at an alarming pace. Otherwise, I think I would just continue to pay attention to community feedback regarding their damage and other ability numbers, usability, and fun-factor; we are here to have fun after all :)

• Like 4
On 2020-09-11 at 9:37 AM, DLOArceus said:

Frames choices are already limited for them, that way you make the entire existence of operators completely pointless since that's the only content they're used in. DE ain't gonna drop that.

Again, this is entirely on DE themselves. They could have gone 'xaku's 1 works on eidolons, but his 1 isn't his subsume ability.' And the rest of xaku's kit isn't spectacularly helpful for eidolons. So either you babysit this squishy baby frame and MAYBE it can do the shield phase a bit faster, or you don't get to do void damage via weapons.

Plus xaku's WEAPONS ONLY SELF BUFF THAT DOES NOT AFFECT ANY OTHER PARTY MEMBER... gives a smaller bonus than *NERFED HELMENTH  ROAR THAT WORKS ON EVERY DAMAGE SOURCE REGARDLESS ON WEAPON, POWER, ALLY, COMPANION, WHATEVER.*

Double what xata whisper does as a percentage and... Maybe. Make void as a status effect worth using and.. Maybe. Make Xata's wisper give a status chance increase along with the void damage buff and.. again. Maybe. you'll get people complaining about proc dilution, but as is you've got your heads in the sand having to make a special exemption for xaku's void damage to not do the thing void damage is supposed to do.

Xaku, given how hard it is to obtain, NEEDS to feel worth the farm...

And whileI want to hope? I have a feeling the stated buffs WILL NOT be enough.

The changes to his 4 though? That is exceedingly promising. Condenses 'oh god all the timers' down to effectively 'One timer' to manage. 

Do the above listed buffs and add to base range and MAY-BE... Maybe...

• Like 1
hace 5 horas, (PS4)adriangc007 dijo:

weapons stolen with the second ability should have effects depending on the type of weapon you steal. for example, a gorgon will have a higher rate of fire. Now it does not matter which weapons you steal, it is only aesthetic

While the idea of grabbing enemy weapons and use them as they behave normally is great, in practice you'd be getting a lot of cleavers and bratons due of how spawns work.

Besides Heavy Gunners, Bombards, Noxes and some others only spawning once you get to a certain point in a mission (like 5-10 minutes in on endless runs for example) or robotic enemies like Bursas/Ospreys not having weapons to steal.

Edited by metvincent
18 hours ago, ABlindGuyPlays said:

-snip-

Aside from Eidolon topic, there's an important advantage of Xata's Whisper: resetting Sentient resistances with any weapon (with good status chance). It'll become a very popular ability once we get more Sentient content.

I love Xaku, their kit is really fun I and I think these buffs are great and a step in the right direction for them. The only thing that I ask for is a little bit more range on Gaze and maybe make the Vast Untime have and aura effect that applies the void damage debuff and the slow to enemies who come within range. Or make it so that the evasion on the Vast Untime is mod able to 100%, this would make it so that Xaku can survive in the late game, allow them to get closer to enemies without have to buff any ranges or base stats in order to keep them safe in the late game. It wouldn't be overpowered as it wouldn't allow them to abuse Rage/Hunter Adrenaline and they wouldn't have to use Adaptation. It's just a nice buff that would make them feel better to play.

2 hours ago, Xaero said:

Aside from Eidolon topic, there's an important advantage of Xata's Whisper: resetting Sentient resistances with any weapon (with good status chance). It'll become a very popular ability once we get more Sentient content.

She’ll be meta for Scarlet Spear Murex runs probably. But being useful one time out of the year is still not good.

• Like 1

Still not seeing anything worth calling a buff xaku is still the worst frame in the game void damage only affects sentients and provides absolutely no damage increase to anything else he needs a total rekit removed anything slightly void based except the ultimate 

30 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

She’ll be meta for Scarlet Spear Murex runs probably. But being useful one time out of the year is still not good.

It's not like Scarlet Spear is the end of Sentient content.

Not sure these changes will make them viable. There will still be too much preperation needed in order for the skills to do any worthwhile damage.

Grasp of Lohk on its own just deals horribly low damage, it needs to be coupled with the armor strip from Gaze, which has the horribly clunky toggle mechanic tied to it aswell as needing enemies to wander into the AoE zone of the trapped enemy. By the time you've stolen the weapons and debuffed the enemy they'll likely be dead from weapons already.

Why isnt The Lost just turned into a single ability that takes aspects of each toggle instead? AoE splash that suspends the main target and "confusing" everything else, leaving all enemies in the zone of the main target stripped of defenses, initial hit also inflicts a void damage portion on the main target. I dont get why so many frames need to come with the toggles, when the mechanic is currently extremely clunky and not even unified across all frames that have them. 

• Like 1

it would be cool to change the animation of "rolling" slow down the attraction of modular parts , it would look more epic

I also think that it is not necessary to strengthen it, it is already strong enough, if only 1 skill , it has little practical use in the game

Edited by -HoD-Groovy
  • Like 1

range needs a solid boost on his 2, both on fire range of the weapons and acquisition of weapons range

otherwise this first round looks like a solid attempt at getting xaku to a workable place, if cast speeds are sped up enough