Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Helminth Subsume Combos — the Obvious & Inobvious

UUDDLRLRBA_START

On 2021-05-19 at 12:35 PM, Butterfly85 said:

Gloom Inaros. Means I can ditch Arcane Grace for Avenger now. Throw in rage or hunter adrenaline and you can keep it up for ever unless a nully or an ancient disruptor tags you. 

Add some range and you can keep your team healthy. My Inaros has 177% strength because of running a full umbral set so everything is slowed to a crawl and I can more or less instantly heal the health loss from casting his 4.

I suppose, but why not overkill on the health recovery and really make sure you can tank?

All these new Gloom comments are kinda funny. With an energy over time drain you have to build for duration/efficiency, you also have to build for strength to get a decent slow and the ability is worthless without some range. 

It's alright, but why not just use Shooting Gallery instead? Shooting Gallery is pretty much the same thing except it brings enemies to a complete stop and has no energy/time drain. You have to recast every 30 seconds but besides that there is pretty much no downside. 

I've used Gloom on Protea and Ember because I can use their passives to snapshot Gloom. In each case I felt I might as well run Shooting gallery instead and not have to deal with constant energy drain. 

I guess Gloom also heals but it's not really needed when you bring everything to a complete stop. 

53 minutes ago, Berzerkules said:

All these new Gloom comments are kinda funny. With an energy over time drain you have to build for duration/efficiency, you also have to build for strength to get a decent slow and the ability is worthless without some range. 

It's alright, but why not just use Shooting Gallery instead? Shooting Gallery is pretty much the same thing except it brings enemies to a complete stop and has no energy/time drain. You have to recast every 30 seconds but besides that there is pretty much no downside. 

I've used Gloom on Protea and Ember because I can use their passives to snapshot Gloom. In each case I felt I might as well run Shooting gallery instead and not have to deal with constant energy drain. 

I guess Gloom also heals but it's not really needed when you bring everything to a complete spot. 

Gloom on ember, protea and garuda is the easiest build up and least demanding, gloom is the flavour of the month and i've been trying gloom on every frame to see what interesting interactions are possible. You're right about shooting gallery, would be more efficient. 

Gloom on saryn is kinda funny, you outheal sp enemies

1 minute ago, ReddyDisco said:

Gloom on ember, protea and garuda is the easiest build up and least demanding, gloom is the flavour of the month and i've been trying gloom on every frame to see what interesting interactions are possible. You're right about shooting gallery, would be more efficient. 

Gloom on saryn is kinda funny, you outheal sp enemies

I was curious when we got a new subsume ability and totally tried it on a bunch of frames too. The majority of the time I thought Shooting Gallery would be a better option.

There are some frames like Banshee where I do like Gloom though. The stagger time of Silence is prolonged when using Gloom so I don't feel so rushed to insta kill everything before it recovers from the stagger. 

Most of the time I don't like slowing or stopping the flow of enemies. I end up having to chase them down all over the place and it's a little more difficult maintaining life support. I'd rather try and group enemies for more kills per second and things like Shooting Gallery and Gloom slow down the grouping from things like Proboscis Cernos and exodia hunt. It's safe and easy but gets kind of slow and boring smashing near stationary enemies. 

2 hours ago, Berzerkules said:

I guess Gloom also heals but it's not really needed when you bring everything to a complete spot. 

Gloom just synergises well with the usual umbral Inaros build. Enough power strength to make Gloom useful just from the 3 umbral mids stacking, no added range so it only comes into effect when stuff is in melee range. No efficiency needed because rage is permanently active, so gloom is active until either a nully walks up behind you or a disruptor hook shots you.

No arcane grace needed so I can run something offensive instead like Avenger. Now unkillable, dont need to worry about healing and the room is lit up with the red numbers parade. I find it fun 😂

21 hours ago, ReddyDisco said:

Gloom on night equinox, you gain shields per kill with her 4 and gloom means you kill faster than enemies take away your shield, this is mainly what i use in sp

Nice one. I haven't touched Equinox in a while thanks to the crappy WuKong duplication and stuff, but I will log this.

If you guys really want to talk about Gloom : it's a life steal ability. You know what's a fun combo with life steal ? Damage reflection.

There is to my knowledge three kind of reflect in the game : Chroma electric elemental ward ; Grendel nourish armor, and Unairu.

Both the ward and unairu scale with damage taken, while nourish is a modded aoe while hit with a innate cd of 1s.

Unairu is really weak, but blue chroma + gloom has some potential, and Grendel + gloom is a nice buffer between his self heal. Both of those also affect allies. You could also use ward on sevagoth.

2 hours ago, dwqrf said:

If you guys really want to talk about Gloom : it's a life steal ability. You know what's a fun combo with life steal ? Damage reflection.

There is to my knowledge three kind of reflect in the game : Chroma electric elemental ward ; Grendel nourish armor, and Unairu.

Both the ward and unairu scale with damage taken, while nourish is a modded aoe while hit with a innate cd of 1s.

Unairu is really weak, but blue chroma + gloom has some potential, and Grendel + gloom is a nice buffer between his self heal. Both of those also affect allies. You could also use ward on sevagoth.

Well, that's why I'm using Gloom primarily on Nekros with Despoil. Also helps manage the crowds even if I have Adaptation to suck up hits.

Smite on Chroma, replacing Effigy.  Why?  Add the augment.  On a strength-focused Chroma, this translates to 'lots of free added Radiation damage for myself and my entire team', which means Eidolon Synovia become even easier to wreck, and you become a buffer for your entire team, to boot.

Pull-Nado Zephyr. With the new Hold-Cast Tornado, the only thing you need to do is get enemies into it. With Pull you can ragdoll literally everything towards it and the large pick-up area catches them out of the air.

If you're using a positive Strength build on her (only about 155%, nothing silly) you can get quite the displacement on Pull, and with the naturally high Range stats you'll have a great time.

Alternatively, Merry-go-Nado Zephyr, putting Gara's Spectrorage on Zephyr, with Spectro Siphon on your Augment, means that enemies literally sprint into the range of the ability, but get sucked up and die inside the Tornado funnels for a spray of Energy Orbs.

I have a Frost config with gloom. The interaction is simple: Bubble + Gloom = Very safe space. Enemies can't shoot you, and if they get within the bubble they're slowed down in two different ways. Lifesteal is nice for if you ever need to exit your bubble as well. The ability drains no energy most of the time, so I run this with negative duration.

• 10 months later...

im reworking on my harrow build and i had the idea to use some helmith abilities on him so far i have come up wit replacing his 1st with pillage and gloom. the pillage works but the gloom nulifies the effects of thruibul when it is active so gloom donest work does anyone know what else i could try?

My swiss army frame is pillage nova. She already wants the right stats and her built-in damage reduction extends the value of overshields. Her 4 doubles damage and works multiplicatively with the armor strip. As if damage reduction and massives overshields weren't enough, pillage also cleanses status.

Archived