Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Teshin will have Umbra bps for sale

(XBOX)YoungGunn82

9 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

What I'm wondering is why some people think the Umbra Forma should be rare? The use it has in "pure strength" is only accessible to not even a handful of frames. On the rest of the frames, adding an Umbra Forma is simply a QoL for having more builds ready to use, nothing else. It doesnt add any power to each individual build, it just adds the option to have 2 or 3 individual builds, since you dont lock yourself into formaing every other slot, so you can replace that last mod spot with a 7 or 9 no matter which polarity it is, letting you have a build with more range, more power, more shields, more hp, more armor or whatever you like.

Now if all of the roster could make good use of a 3x umbra mod setup I'd be inclined to agree it should stay more rare, but as it is now it is silly, since it is practically nothing but a normal mod for the majority of the roster, that can be fitted with or without an umbra forma.

I think it should be rare only to preserve it's novelty. It's cool enough to be useful, but not OP enough to be needed. It's the perfect kind of item to be a carrot on the stick. 

Exilus adapters is an example of something that's highly useful, right up until you don't need one. It's a rare sortie reward, yet it's worse than endo if you have enough. 

9 hours ago, kwlingo said:

100 SE after update will be an entire week of doing all SP SE missions every day. Thus the reward will most likely be accessible to the casual 1-2 hours/day players once a week, if not two. For those who play +8 hours a day probably only a few days possibly 1-2.

I just hope DE doesn't make Universal Forma in the future because than this grind will be pointless.

how can ppl afford to play 8hrs+ a day? i hardly get time to play even an hour a day

2 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

I think it should be rare only to preserve it's novelty. It's cool enough to be useful, but not OP enough to be needed. It's the perfect kind of item to be a carrot on the stick. 

Exilus adapters is an example of something that's highly useful, right up until you don't need one. It's a rare sortie reward, yet it's worse than endo if you have enough. 

Well novelty only goes so far and with how NW is set up, dragged out by being extended, postponed or both the current way to obtain them isnt good either, since it misses the plan by alot. "Seasons" just arent organized tight enough here or handled well enough to have such rewards. If it was another game where season durations are set and the intermission is aswell I'd be OK with it, but right now it is just all over the place.

Teshin rewarding it with some restrictions is a far better way to go, since people dont need to get frustrated due to it being locked behind DElays etc.

They need to rebalance steel path before we worry about rewards. Right now it's sponge health tedious pants. 

Whats the point of putting umbra forma as a reward for something that almost requires an umbra/riven build to be tolerable? Makes no sense. Umbras should be attainable BEFORE steel path.

5 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

Umbral streamline. You know you want to to say it. 

Umbra or Primed streamline or stretch will be the day DE decides they really are a full on powercreep/power fantasy game. This will shut down all the nostalgic "I want 2014 warframe back" kind of people and we can finally enjoy the new generation of warframe without them bothering us. :)

1 hour ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

Umbra or Primed streamline or stretch will be the day DE decides they really are a full on powercreep/power fantasy game. This will shut down all the nostalgic "I want 2014 warframe back" kind of people and we can finally enjoy the new generation of warframe without them bothering us. :)

We had the Primed Streamline "No, never" statement back when Chinaframe thought they were sneaky buggers and let it out into the wild for a hot minute. But it's also not that bad, really. Efficiency is already a capped and cappable stat, but 55% efficiency still isn't going to cap you by itself, and if you're considering the effective bonus against Blind Rage, then you've crossed boundaries enough that Umbral Intensify is producing an equivalent outcome, or if you compare against less need for Fleeting Expertise, then Primed Continuity already produced the outcome of better end-result duration there too.

Maybe if Umbral Streamline after set bonus rose to the full cap in that single slot we'd be in questionable territory, though.

Priming a Stretch to 82.5% I see little problem with, that isn't already covered as bad enough with the currently available range-max builds, and also down more to some specifically greedy abilities. It increases the total maximum potential of range by a whopping 13.4% net value to go from a range stat of 280% to 317.5%. We're not exactly talking about the magical difference you see when you get a Fissure buff to a range-built warframe here.

10 hours ago, wargthewarg said:

*tinfoil hat time*

They put umbra forma in SE shop and in the near future we will be able to purchase built ones in the market. Or they'll be included in some of their $ packs.

And is that bad? People with tons of resources can sell stuff for platinum and use the platinum to buy umbra forma. You wanna bypass that by spending actual money, go ahead. 

Money for DE and more sources for veterans. Win win.

2 hours ago, TheLexiConArtist said:

We had the Primed Streamline "No, never" statement back when Chinaframe thought they were sneaky buggers and let it out into the wild for a hot minute. But it's also not that bad, really. Efficiency is already a capped and cappable stat, but 55% efficiency still isn't going to cap you by itself, and if you're considering the effective bonus against Blind Rage, then you've crossed boundaries enough that Umbral Intensify is producing an equivalent outcome, or if you compare against less need for Fleeting Expertise, then Primed Continuity already produced the outcome of better end-result duration there too.

Maybe if Umbral Streamline after set bonus rose to the full cap in that single slot we'd be in questionable territory, though.

Priming a Stretch to 82.5% I see little problem with, that isn't already covered as bad enough with the currently available range-max builds, and also down more to some specifically greedy abilities. It increases the total maximum potential of range by a whopping 13.4% net value to go from a range stat of 280% to 317.5%. We're not exactly talking about the magical difference you see when you get a Fissure buff to a range-built warframe here.

It's just a dream. I don't see it happening at all when people are complaining about what people in pugs do currently.

10 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

Umbra Forma are pretty important to anyone who want to build crit weapons like Ack & Brunt, because Sacrificial Steel is pretty much mandatory, especially if you plan on using the full set. Problem is, if you don't use Umbra Forma, you have to forma pretty much every other slot on the weapon to fit them, which is highly annoying.

I'm just gonna hang out near Teshin's ship when he's finished for the day and roll him, clearly he's got lots to give away...

On a serious note though, there aren't that many uses for umbra forma anyway, they mostly benefit frames that gain damage from maxing their power strength and the few that will benefit from the health bump if equipping all 3 umbrals. Overall though, the 5 ai already have can cover almost the all frames currently available that will benefit in a worthwhile way so who cares if it costs 100 SE, you're not gonna have many good uses for them outside of a few meme builds and possibly making a few melee hybdrid builds more viable. Personally I'm gonna put them on my kavat cos I can, it'll actually be a disadvantage but umbra kitty ftw!

I'm a min maxer as you all know and there just isn't that much to be gained from umbras on over 75% the current frames.

12 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

What I'm wondering is why some people think the Umbra Forma should be rare? The use it has in "pure strength" is only accessible to not even a handful of frames. On the rest of the frames, adding an Umbra Forma is simply a QoL for having more builds ready to use, nothing else. It doesnt add any power to each individual build, it just adds the option to have 2 or 3 individual builds, since you dont lock yourself into formaing every other slot, so you can replace that last mod spot with a 7 or 9 no matter which polarity it is, letting you have a build with more range, more power, more shields, more hp, more armor or whatever you like.

Now if all of the roster could make good use of a 3x umbra mod setup I'd be inclined to agree it should stay more rare, but as it is now it is silly, since it is practically nothing but a normal mod for the majority of the roster, that can be fitted with or without an umbra forma.

That's pretty fair, plenty of Warframes don't really benefit much from Armor and Health and plenty more can easily take the hit to Energy for Blind Rage or the Duration hit for Transient without too much investment required. Due to how expensive they are as well it's really only worth your time when they're put on Primes, further limiting your options.

They're a really nice buff to some Warframes for sure (putting them on my Atlas was really a game changer for him, yet I was surprised to see they really didn't do much for my Chroma), so while I understand the need for a high cost requirement, I also don't feel they should be some super rare item. 

Making it a rotation item on SE with a high cost seems like a pretty good compromise to me.

29 minutes ago, (XBOX)Graysmog said:

That's pretty fair, plenty of Warframes don't really benefit much from Armor and Health and plenty more can easily take the hit to Energy for Blind Rage or the Duration hit for Transient without too much investment required. Due to how expensive they are as well it's really only worth your time when they're put on Primes, further limiting your options.

They're a really nice buff to some Warframes for sure (putting them on my Atlas was really a game changer for him, yet I was surprised to see they really didn't do much for my Chroma), so while I understand the need for a high cost requirement, I also don't feel they should be some super rare item. 

Making it a rotation item on SE with a high cost seems like a pretty good compromise to me.

their rarity is the only thing keeping them from weapon exilus adapter status.

11 hours ago, (XBOX)Graysmog said:

I even avoided it on my Chroma since the extra armor wouldnt have enough of a positive impact to justify slotting umbral fiber since I already avoid Frost Ward and instead run Heat because Vex gives more than enough armor, more would just largely impact energy gain from adrenaline.

Currently I have two primes that make good use out of it and that is my Frost and slightly selfish Oberon. Other than those, I've placed one each on Khora and Garuda. And at this point I cant even remember who I put my 5th on since it had so little impact. Wukong Prime maybe, or did I save it until I got Inaros Prime?

1 hour ago, SneakyErvin said:

Currently I have two primes that make good use out of it and that is my Frost and slightly selfish Oberon. Other than those, I've placed one each on Khora and Garuda. And at this point I cant even remember who I put my 5th on since it had so little impact. Wukong Prime maybe, or did I save it until I got Inaros Prime?

I did Mesa Prime, Oberon Prime, Wukong Prime, Inaros Prime, Atlas Prime, Chroma Prime, and Ash prime. Frost prime is a good candidate, probably my next. (im actually thinking i want 2 umbrals on oberon prime)

Archived