Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why is the update coming this week?

-Krism-

From what I have heard from the test clusters, there is a lot to be fixed & changed

Let's pretend that DE had time to fix most things, the "new" underground bounty, which is apparently just regular surface bounties but now underground, & Bonewidow, especially Bonewidow,are nowhere near done

The new mech's abilities are complete trash & I heavily doubt DE could change them to be actually good in such a short time. The test cluster wasn't even 7 days ago

Yes of course, we don't have the update yet, I'm aware, & I can't know for sure, this is just speculation. But having seen DE work those past years, we pretty much all know how this is going to end

3 minutes ago, Myscho said:

You know, for more players testing

They better not, I don't think they realise how many of us are already annoyed with how things are going right now

Pushing the update in this state would be one of the worse moves DE could do

2 minutes ago, Ailia_Grimm said:

They better not, I don't think they realise how many of us are already annoyed with how things are going right now

Pushing the update in this state would be one of the worse moves DE could do

So then don't bumrush the content. Don't any of you have self control?

Most of the fixes were primarily numeric. Buffs to some stuff, cost reductions to others - small stuff. Sure, the bounties were definitely disappointing, but it'd be highly unlikely that'd get any big changes from the test cluster.

This is pretty much a caretaker update. Just something to keep the ball rolling until Revised 4 and/or queenpins. For what it is, it's pretty alright.

Just now, Hypernaut1 said:

So then don't bumrush the content. Don't any of you have self control?

That's not at all what I said

I'm not the type of person to rush anyway, I take my time with updates

What I'm talking about is the state of how everything was in the test cluster where everything was broken or useless, yet they still push the update most likely tomorrow

You bring up a very valid point.

The only reasonable answer I can think of is: Warframe is in constant Beta.

No content we receive will ever be "complete". DE has built a philosophy that caters to things being constantly tweaked based off of how the majority of players receive said content.

On top of this, DE has built a community that continues to play a game stuck in Beta and even defends their practice in doing so.

Personally, I uninstalled warframe after the latest major update. I disagree with their philosophies of game design almost completely. But voicing this opinion doesn't really do anything. However, deleting the game and moving on to better projects is an excellent way to let a developer know that you are sick of it.

Genshin Impact is excellent and addictive if you want another free2play to switch over to. Not to mention great new games like "Sakuna of rice and ruin" aren't in beta and totally deserve your attention and money.

14 minutes ago, (NSW)Cannabininja said:

You bring up a very valid point.

At this point this feels more like a bad excuse more than anything

I'll watch how the update goes & decide to play or not depending on that

11 minutes ago, Ailia_Grimm said:

At this point this feels more like a bad excuse more than anything

I'll watch how the update goes & decide to play or not depending on that

Sounds like you enjoy gambling lol

I get it though. I'd love to see Warframe get it together, figure out what kind of game it's trying to be, and finally move out of Beta.

This is unlikely to happen though as DE has learned that it can milk thousands of players for their hard earned money by putting out the minimal amount of effort. They have, what...300+ employees and still can't release an update without it being buggy and nearly unplayable? That's ridiculous and embarrassing (for them). Especially when there are games being made by teams of less than 20 people that have better gameplay loops and better quality in performance.

Warframe, imo, is a scam. What else can it be? It's an elaborate, pretty scam that will drain you of time (and money if you aren't careful).

2 minutes ago, Ailia_Grimm said:

I'm not the type of person to rush anyway, I take my time with updates

What I'm talking about is the state of how everything was in the test cluster where everything was broken or useless, yet they still push the update most likely tomorrow

I didn't play it, but my understanding is that the new "vault bounty" was deeply underwhelming.  First, because you have to clear the normal Isolation vault to even attempt it (it's not a variant mode, it's an epilogue.)  And second, because the "main reward" for doing so is the two new linked arcanes.  Which are completely useless.  Gun triggers on KILL, (not on hit or on crit) producing a tiny AoE with an extremely pointless, week effect.  Which you have to stand in to trigger the *other* Arcane type, which produces an extremely weak buff with an incredibly short duration.  Plus one of those only buffs pets and allied NPCs.  Yeah, because giving my Kavat an extra 90% damage for up to 10 seconds as it headbutts a wall is SO worth two arcane Arcane slots.  OnO

The new Necramech apparently just feels broken - the fourth is entirely useless, and apparently there's some question whether at least one of the other powers is even functioning at all.  Fixing it doesn't just need number tweaks, it requires possibly completely revising how the powers even function.  (Such as making sure that they *do* even function.)  And the mech's Arcane Archmelee weapon is apparently just a joke, although neither of the creators I saw even cared enough to explain why.

For the Warframe "updates," The one for Atlas is completely pointless.  His rock shield reflects damage, woo.  Enemy NPCs don't actually do significant damage, because they need to NOT instantly one-shot players.  So even the ones that *do* one-shot players aren't going to do even 1% of the health bar to *each other.*  (Up to 1000-ish damage vs a target that functionally has millions of HP counting damage resistance.)

Chroma's Spectral Scream still sucks, two of his four element choices still suck.  I don't know which of his powers switches elements.  Unless it's tied to Spectral Scream, his first power is still free real estate for Helminth upgrade.

Two of the powers updates only trigger on health thresholds.  Which is pointless, because the only things that have the HP and powers immunity for that to ever matter are bosses.  And bosses are mostly immune to Warframe powers.  Garuda's augment also has really tiny range.

Nekros' update is apparently a complete waste.  It takes an utterly useless power, and changes it to still be utterly useless but in a slightly different way.

None of that sounds like stuff that can be fixed by just tweaking numbers.  Honestly, some of it sounds like stuff that probably won't *ever* be fixed no matter how much they delay the patch - the new linked Arcanes seem like a terrible idea even if they had a couple more zeros on *all* the numbers.  Simply because it's tied to an effect that only happens 20% of the time ON KILL, and is then tied to the corpse.  You know, that thing that can disentegrate, or ragdoll into low orbit, or simply died *way over there* which is nowhere near either the player or the thing they might be defending.

4 minutes ago, EmberStar said:

I didn't play it, but my understanding is that the new "vault bounty" was deeply underwhelming.  First, because you have to clear the normal Isolation vault to even attempt it (it's not a variant mode, it's an epilogue.)  And second, because the "main reward" for doing so is the two new linked arcanes.  Which are completely useless.  Gun triggers on KILL, (not on hit or on crit) producing a tiny AoE with an extremely pointless, week effect.  Which you have to stand in to trigger the *other* Arcane type, which produces an extremely weak buff with an incredibly short duration.  Plus one of those only buffs pets and allied NPCs.  Yeah, because giving my Kavat an extra 90% damage for up to 10 seconds as it headbutts a wall is SO worth two arcane Arcane slots.  OnO

The new Necramech apparently just feels broken - the fourth is entirely useless, and apparently there's some question whether at least one of the other powers is even functioning at all.  Fixing it doesn't just need number tweaks, it requires possibly completely revising how the powers even function.  (Such as making sure that they *do* even function.)  And the mech's Arcane Archmelee weapon is apparently just a joke, although neither of the creators I saw even cared enough to explain why.

For the Warframe "updates," The one for Atlas is completely pointless.  His rock shield reflects damage, woo.  Enemy NPCs don't actually do significant damage, because they need to NOT instantly one-shot players.  So even the ones that *do* one-shot players aren't going to do even 1% of the health bar to *each other.*  (Up to 1000-ish damage vs a target that functionally has millions of HP counting damage resistance.)

Chroma's Spectral Scream still sucks, two of his four element choices still suck.  I don't know which of his powers switches elements.  Unless it's tied to Spectral Scream, his first power is still free real estate for Helminth upgrade.

Two of the powers updates only trigger on health thresholds.  Which is pointless, because the only things that have the HP and powers immunity for that to ever matter are bosses.  And bosses are mostly immune to Warframe powers.  Garuda's augment also has really tiny range.

Nekros' update is apparently a complete waste.  It takes an utterly useless power, and changes it to still be utterly useless but in a slightly different way.

None of that sounds like stuff that can be fixed by just tweaking numbers.  Honestly, some of it sounds like stuff that probably won't *ever* be fixed no matter how much they delay the patch - the new linked Arcanes seem like a terrible idea even if they had a couple more zeros on *all* the numbers.  Simply because it's tied to an effect that only happens 20% of the time ON KILL, and is then tied to the corpse.  You know, that thing that can disentegrate, or ragdoll into low orbit, or simply died *way over there* which is nowhere near either the player or the thing they might be defending.

You got pretty much all of it right. Almost everything in the update was underwhelming &/or useless

Like I said, the biggest let down are the bounty & the mech, which are the main attractions of this update

19 minutes ago, (NSW)Cannabininja said:

Genshin Impact is excellent and addictive if you want another free2play to switch over to. Not to mention great new games like "Sakuna of rice and ruin" aren't in beta and totally deserve your attention and money.

Actually from what I've seen, the only people who ever mention the Beta tag are people who want to spit on it.  DE just quietly stopped mentioning it years ago, and everyone else recognizes that Warframe has been "launched" for years and just failed to ever have a specific release date.

Genshin Impact is a a gacha game.  (As in, "Gacha cash, sucker!  No refunds!")  I have other issues with it that aren't relevant to the gameplay.  As far as I'm concerned though, the whole gacha mechanic is utter fail, anti-consumer and openly malicious design.  I would strongly recommend to anyone who cared (ie nobody) that they NEVER even consider Genshin Impact.

26 minutes ago, (NSW)Cannabininja said:

Gambling Impact is excellent and addictive if you want another free2play to switch over to.

Ew that gacha trash? I hope you don’t have a gambling addiction. Don’t come back to us if you are broke because you spend hundreds of dollars getting that shiny super rare item from gambling.

Just now, EmberStar said:

Actually from what I've seen, the only people who ever mention the Beta tag are people who want to spit on it.  DE just quietly stopped mentioning it years ago, and everyone else recognizes that Warframe has been "launched" for years and just failed to ever have a specific release date.

Genshin Impact is a a gacha game.  (As in, "Gacha cash, sucker!  No refunds!")  I have other issues with it that aren't relevant to the gameplay.  As far as I'm concerned though, the whole gacha mechanic is utter fail, anti-consumer and openly malicious design.  I would strongly recommend to anyone who cared (ie nobody) that they NEVER even consider Genshin Impact.

Not interested in a debate over this, but I'll say this;

I'd rather drop $20 on Genshin than drop it on Warframe.

At the end of the day, your money is your money. Support who you want to support. Just don't be surprised when your purchases in Warframe don't translate to DE using that money in any meaningful way. Guess you could say DE has their own "gacha" mechanics that milk it's playerbase.

1 minute ago, (NSW)Cannabininja said:

I'd rather drop $20 on Genshin than drop it on Warframe.

I’d rather drop $100 on Warframe than drop it on Genshin. I do not support gambling, dropping it there means I am supporting them. At least in Warframe I get what I paid for. Not this random item bullcrap.

20 minutes ago, (NSW)Cannabininja said:

They have, what...300+ employees and still can't release an update without it being buggy and nearly unplayable?

You do know they count support team, marketing team, and management under that 300 right? Do you know how many people who Actually develop the game? Some people said it’s around 100.

Just now, DrivaMain said:

You do know they count support team, marketing team, and management under that 300 right? Do you know how many people who Actually develop the game? Some people said it’s around 100.

I have to agree that the emploies at DE are working on way too many stuff at the same time, making what they should actually focus on is underwhelming at best, & it becomes more true with every update

1 minute ago, JackHargreav said:

Even if they test the update beforehand there are bugs they will only discover once everyone played the update.

You now. More people test the content the more bugs will appear. It's pretty simple. The test cluster is mostly good for things that are somewhat easy to discover.

I shouldn't have to repeat myself:

46 minutes ago, Ailia_Grimm said:

I even said so in my very first post:

1 hour ago, Ailia_Grimm said:

Let's pretend that DE had time to fix most things, the "new" underground bounty, which is apparently just regular surface bounties but now underground, & Bonewidow, especially Bonewidow,are nowhere near done

8 minutes ago, (NSW)Cannabininja said:

I'd rather drop $20 on Genshin than drop it on Warframe

5qCm.gif

1 minute ago, JackHargreav said:

You now. More people test the content the more bugs will appear. It's pretty simple. The test cluster is mostly good for things that are somewhat easy to discover.

Pretty much, something might even pop up in the release that wasn't even a problem in the test cluster, it just happens

Didn't they release a big update just before Christmas a year or two back and we basically had a broken game until the 2nd week of January?

Like, I could get wanting something new and shiny for the holiday rush in order to make the game more appealing to potential new players and all that jive....... But of the new shiny is broken then is that really making a good impression? 

Archived