Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

capture change of plans

anonimus_riga

This BS has to stop!!!

If DE does not want us to get one relic in 2 minutes, REMOVE them form drop tables and be open about it goddamit

Time gating artificially to slow you down is idiotic

6 % drop chance for specific relic. then some 20 % drop chance for the part you want from the relic. NOT ENOUGH???

Eh, I usually just reset when this happens, unless I have Hildryn, in which case I have a steer for extraction  from when it comes up for those few seconds before "change of plans" comes up.

Why Hildryn? I have a silly high power strength and Blazing Pillage equipped so stuff just dies while I run past and anything that doesn't will be dead when i tap her 2.

5 minutes ago, anonimus_riga said:

is there faster and better method? 2 min/relic is as good as it gets, no?

I farmed relics for years until I realised what a waste of time it is. I just buy syndicate packs now and get more than what I need. The only time I will get relics specifically from a mission is when I do an excavation fissure of a few hours and crack some radiants. Other than that, I'm swimming in relics casually acquired via missions as a bonus and from buying relic packs.

4 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

I farmed relics for years until I realised what a waste of time it is. I just buy syndicate packs now and get more than what I need. The only time I will get relics specifically from a mission is when I do an excavation fissure of a few hours and crack some radiants. Other than that, I'm swimming in relics casually acquired via missions as a bonus and from buying relic packs.

And how you obtain new items, when they come from new relic? Getting from syndicate is game of luck, everything else is time consuming. So I target specific mission with decent drop chance for particular relic..

9 minutes ago, anonimus_riga said:

And how you obtain new items, when they come from new relic? Getting from syndicate is game of luck, everything else is time consuming. So I target specific mission with decent drop chance for particular relic..

Do you not realise that the syndicate packs can drop the new relics the day of the new Prime Access? I bought around 20 packs when Nezha Prime dropped and got about 25 - 30 of the new relics.

2 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Do you not realise that the syndicate packs can drop the new relics the day of the new Prime Access? I bought around 20 packs when Nezha Prime dropped and got about 25 - 30 of the new relics.

I also do get relic packs, I know about it - 4 maxed syndicates, but some 6 maybe at one time and relics I get are random, you can get lucky, but not always.

Anyway, this post is about time gating and capture turning into exterminate - which is stupid, I will play exterminate missions if I feel like it, when I run capture, its CAPTURE!

4 minutes ago, anonimus_riga said:

I also do get relic packs, I know about it - 4 maxed syndicates, but some 6 maybe at one time and relics I get are random, you can get lucky, but not always.

Anyway, this post is about time gating and capture turning into exterminate - which is stupid, I will play exterminate missions if I feel like it, when I run capture, its CAPTURE!

Enjoy your exterminate then. It's not lucky cos I use medallions. Also make sure you kill everyone nearby before capturing the target.

37 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

You're either lying or incredibly lucky. Because the odds of that happening are incredibly low. I have 4 syndicates at max (the highest you can go, and its not simple to do), and i do that and NEVER got enough relics on day one to not need to farm.

13 minutes ago, ReaverKane said:

You're either lying or incredibly lucky. Because the odds of that happening are incredibly low. I have 4 syndicates at max (the highest you can go, and its not simple to do), and i do that and NEVER got enough relics on day one to not need to farm.

I use medallions. I casually farm them in between Prime Access releases, then on release day I buy packs and crack the relics as I go so I don't buy more than I need. I was particularly lucky in terms of how many radshares it took this PA but the amount of relics was not luck, it's average for what I get from syndicate packs. Matter of fact I gave the ones I didn't use to my clan mates. I don't bother with 4 syndicates, it's much more time effective to keep 3(currently I only have 2) and simply store up medallions for them. When I say I do it casually, I ignore any longer missions ie survival, defense, excav etc and just stick to farming medallions on the quick easy ones.

26 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

It seems to be random. I managed to capture a target without killing anyone, the mission objectives still change to exterminate.

15% chance I think. Read it somewhere but can't see it on the wiki so I might have dreamt that. 

But yeah, plenty of times where I've shot nothing but the target and the mission has flipped.

As for primenrelics on release day? Yup got plenty from syndicates on day one. I usually make sure I have 120k standing on my three day of so can grab a load.

2 minutes ago, Butterfly85 said:

But yeah, plenty of times where I've shot nothing but the target and the mission has flipped.

As for primenrelics on release day? Yup got plenty from syndicates on day one. I usually make sure I have 120k standing on my three day of so can grab a load.

Impossible to prove but I feel it has more to do with the enemies seeing you capture the target but even then I think it's only a chance and I've no idea what percentage.

Good to see someone else who appreciates the easy way to farm the latest Prime Access.

8 hours ago, anonimus_riga said:

This BS has to stop!!!

If DE does not want us to get one relic in 2 minutes, REMOVE them form drop tables and be open about it goddamit

Time gating artificially to slow you down is idiotic

6 % drop chance for specific relic. then some 20 % drop chance for the part you want from the relic. NOT ENOUGH???

Change of plans Tenno.
https://forums.warframe.com/forum/22-missions-levels/

Adapt and Overcome...  Wait!  Who has time for that when kvetching about it in General Discussion is so quick and easy?  Does it work?  I don't know.   But unlike adapting it can generate forum upvotes!  😛

7 hours ago, Butterfly85 said:

15% chance I think. Read it somewhere but can't see it on the wiki so I might have dreamt that. 

I can't find the source so maybe I'm dreaming too, but I think this was explained fairly recently in a Q&A.  AFAICR, it's a holdover from when they were developing dynamic mission objectives and is just a random chance.

14 hours ago, ReaverKane said:

I second Zilchy's comment.  I do exactly the same thing and got plenty of relics for Nezha and Zakti on release day.  I was short one piece for Guandao so I chose to farm a few relics for that rather than burn syndicate standing - that way, I could save more of my medallions for the next prime access when I might need multiple relics (instead of buying relic packs in the hopes of getting the ONE relic I actually need).  If you consistently farm the quick and easy syndicate missions and are relatively efficient in searching, you'll stockpile tons of medallions that you can cash in for more relics.  Depending how I feel and what other players are doing, I can either semi-rush the objective just checking for medallions along the way, or be a bit more thorough, but I'll never waste time looking for every last medallion.  I did two today and managed to find all 8 in two consecutive missions, picking up about 18000 worth of standing for 15 minutes of work.  That's enough for 1.5 relic packs banked for Octavia prime (or whoever comes next).  Each prime access lasts for months, so the medallions can really stack up if you're consistent.  

i third @-CdG-Zilchy comment. I buy relic packs now to catch up on Prime access. I cant be bothered to farm for them anymore. That along with rad shares and i can usually get what i want in a few days. I know RNG should state that its impossible, but somehow i still can start off a new prime access with 2-3 of the relics needed. For uncommon parts, i can just run public missions for it to drop if i dont have relic. Heck, i'll run public missions to get rares if im missing the relic and still get lucky more often than you would think. There are so many ways to get parts in this game. If all else fails, trade chat is there when youve had enough. 

Archived