Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hand Grenades

kurikitaka

No hand grenades, but have this hypothetical brand new throwable sphere-shaped Glaive weapon that explodes after a short time.

We don't like AOE and we'll nerf Bramma and make fall off more bleak. Here, have some Primed AOE mods to increase blast radii by 66%.

As per usual, the idea gets slapped with variations of "that's just x, but with y", which could be used to describe every weapon in the game. They're all superfluous, but that's never stopped DE before. That said, DE has mentioned that they didn't want to do grenades... in a devstream like 6 years ago, which has also never stopped DE before.

What I'd love to see:

Grineer frag grenade roughly shaped like a classic German potato masher. Secondary weapon, decent range, lobbed with a satisfying arc, 5 sec timed explosion but you can hold-click to cook the grenade for those nicely timed airburst headshots. Honestly it would be hilarious if you could just cook the whole 5 seconds and have it blow up in your hand, but an auto release at 2 seconds would work too.

And for a Corpus grenade... I just want literally the Halo plasma sticky, with all of the implied downsides too, don't stick them to infested chargers.

2 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

I mean... [Talons]  [Castanas]  [Sancti Castanas]

aretha franklin queen GIF by Warner Music Germany

To be fair those weapons need a major buff to be useful imo. As awkward as they are to use they should be much more powerful. Warframe is far too fast paced for the intended gameplay mechanics they require to be useful.

11 hours ago, Leqesai said:

To be fair those weapons need a major buff to be useful imo. As awkward as they are to use they should be much more powerful. Warframe is far too fast paced for the intended gameplay mechanics they require to be useful.

They could use some help for sure.  Fixing their status chance to work correctly  would be a huge help, for starters.  Making them a little more controllable while keeping the controls simple would be nice.  Maybe some changes to their stats.  Talons Prime please.   And an augment would be swell.

But truthfully, I didn't find them  all that awkward after a little practice.  The main thing is they require an extra button press.  But simply by virtue of having decent damage  and good-sized AoE  I think they're automatically  less awkward than dozens and dozens of single-target weapons in this game.  

Although I love a bunch of those weapons too, so I suppose you could say my standards are low. 😉

2 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

They could use some help for sure.  Fixing their status chance to work correctly  would be a huge help, for starters.  Making them a little more controllable while keeping the controls simple would be nice.  Maybe some changes to their stats.  Talons Prime please.   And an augment would be swell.

But truthfully, I didn't find them  all that awkward after a little practice.  The main thing is they require an extra button press.  But simply by virtue of having decent damage  and good-sized AoE  I think they're automatically  less awkward than dozens and dozens of single-target weapons in this game.  

Although I love a bunch of those weapons too, so I suppose you could say my standards are low. 😉

My big beef with them is the limited number you can have deployed at once. If they auto detonated the oldest ones then i could get behind using them a bit more often.

The max ammo capacity is also not so great unless i am mistaken.

4 hours ago, Leqesai said:

My big beef with them is the limited number you can have deployed at once. If they auto detonated the oldest ones then i could get behind using them a bit more often.

The max ammo capacity is also not so great unless i am mistaken.

The caps are probably to limit burst damage and maybe because of technical issues.   It probably should be higher if it's not the latter, though it kind of makes things interesting compared to other weapons. Ammo capacity is definitely not good, especially in the case of the Talons.  (Unlocking the exilus slot helps a lot with this though.)  And then there's the small magazines which...why do they even have magazines exactly? 😋

Which are all some of the  reasons you really, really want multishot equipped for regular play, and ideally as close to 200% for Castanas and 300% for Talons as possible.  Even though it causes a drastic increase in spread.

Was there a logic to why DE didn't want to do hand grenades?

The Grineer have them, and Tenno don't seem to have any qualms about using Grineer weapons, so I'm not seeing any Thematic reason....

nor do I see any Mechanical reason, seeing as how we have other weapons that serve the same function

so, yeah, what was their reason why not?

14 minutes ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

Was there a logic to why DE didn't want to do hand grenades?

The Grineer have them, and Tenno don't seem to have any qualms about using Grineer weapons, so I'm not seeing any Thematic reason....

nor do I see any Mechanical reason, seeing as how we have other weapons that serve the same function

so, yeah, what was their reason why not?

IIRC it was "Warframe abilities are the grenades", and this was indeed before they gave us 31 flavors of grenade launcher.

Archived