Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We really need a auction house for non-riven items.

Scyris

I say this because even using warframe market I am having a hell of a time ever getting anyone to reply when I want to buy something, and to be honest its grating on my nerves. Why is there not a auction house-like thing in game for the non-riven mods and relic stuff? It's sorely needed imo.

Having to be online and watching chat while I try to do other stuff in game to trade is supremely annoying, and makes me not bother with trading at all. A passive trade system would be such a nice quality of life feature. Being able to just list all the stuff in my inventory that I dont need and have people who do need it be able to buy it even when I'm not online is only a good thing. 

10 minutes ago, Larena said:

Having to be online and watching chat while I try to do other stuff in game to trade is supremely annoying, and makes me not bother with trading at all. A passive trade system would be such a nice quality of life feature. Being able to just list all the stuff in my inventory that I dont need and have people who do need it be able to buy it even when I'm not online is only a good thing. 

Wow, kinda sounds like warframe.market that already exists... I simply set my status to online then play the game and people message me for stuff without ever having to even look at trade chat. You should try it.

1 hour ago, Scyris said:

I say this because even using warframe market I am having a hell of a time ever getting anyone to reply when I want to buy something, and to be honest its grating on my nerves. Why is there not a auction house-like thing in game for the non-riven mods and relic stuff? It's sorely needed imo.

While I sort of like the idea of an auction house, you can bet your backside that DE would want to take a cut of everything you sell! I only ever use Warframe Market to check prices for trade chat in-game. IIRC, you have to tell Warframe Market when you are online/offline and I'm sure people forget which is why you might be struggling to get a reply.

2 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Wow, kinda sounds like warframe.market that already exists... I simply set my status to online then play the game and people message me for stuff without ever having to even look at trade chat. You should try it.

Warframe market still requires me to be online to use it, no? 

1 minute ago, Larena said:

Warframe market still requires me to be online to use it, no? 

I thought your chief complaint was having to watch chat while you're doing other stuff in game? That's what it allows you to do. Considering that haggling is a thing it really wouldn't work too well with you being offline now would it? People would just not bother looking at your stuff and go where they can bargain instead.

1 minute ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

I thought your chief complaint was having to watch chat while you're doing other stuff in game? That's what it allows you to do. Considering that haggling is a thing it really wouldn't work too well with you being offline now would it? People would just not bother looking at your stuff and go where they can bargain instead.

My chief complaint is I dont want people messaging me to trade while I'm doing other stuff, nor do I want to sit around with the game open waiting for someone to message me. It's annoying.

And removing haggling from the equation seems like a pretty big positive to me. Haggling sucks. 

Just now, Larena said:

My chief complaint is I dont want people messaging me to trade while I'm doing other stuff, nor do I want to sit around with the game open waiting for someone to message me. It's annoying.

And removing haggling from the equation seems like a pretty big positive to me. Haggling sucks. 

This isn't ebay where you set and forget, there's nothing wrong with the fact you have to be in game to trade. You either put the effort in or you buy your plat, nothing wrong with that. And haggling exists, it's part of trading, that's just how it is. 

Just now, -CdG-Zilchy said:

This isn't ebay where you set and forget, there's nothing wrong with the fact you have to be in game to trade. You either put the effort in or you buy your plat, nothing wrong with that. And haggling exists, it's part of trading, that's just how it is. 

Why would it be a bad thing for it to be Ebay though? Letting people participate in the game's economy in a way that's more comfortable is just a good thing. 

7 minutes ago, Larena said:

Why would it be a bad thing for it to be Ebay though? Letting people participate in the game's economy in a way that's more comfortable is just a good thing. 

Because for a start the prices fluxuate far too much,  you'd have to micro manage your prices every day.

2 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Because for a start the prices fluxuate far too much,  you'd have to micro manage your prices every day.

I mean okay? I'm willing to do that. 

I've played mmos that have player auction houses, managing listings is totally doable. If implemented well, they could even have items get automatically delisted after a certain amount of time. 

16 hours ago, Dauggie said:

then buy from those who are online on trade chat, want to save 20-30p for that you want DEV's to waste time on this? they got bugs to fix!

Yes, they totally have a record of fixing bugs and rebalancing everything instead of releasing new content that barely works and falls behind within weeks.

I expected the usual nonsensical anti-auction dogma that gets thrown around the forums. I didn't expect literal ignorance.

MMOs that use auction houses don't have their listings in currency tied to real-world currency which is the difference. Offline auction houses encourage a -1 war which drives prices down and you can afford a market crash if your listings aren't tied to real-world currency. DE, correctly, will not risk their plat sales tanking due to prices being driven down in a -1 war. With online trading as we have it you are mostly bidding blind for your WTS since you only have a rough idea of prices (though checking WF market helps), you aren't competing against say 10 other listers right in front of you which you will always undercut to try and get the next/quickest sale.

If DE did launch and AH and it did affect their plat sales they can't suddenly take it away again so adding one would be a very real risk to their business model and possibly even their business itself.

An AH system only works when supply and demand are in any functional balance. In the case of Warframe this is absolutely not the case as every player can accumulate an effectively infinite supply of items while only ever demanding a single or finite number of copies. It's the inconvenience of trading and artificial limiting of supply that keeps prices in check at all and even then plat prices have only gone down over the years. The only things that could survive and AH crash are brand new items (before supply greatly exceeds demand), exceptionally rare drops, and Rivens. And no having prices lower even further isn't a good thing for the game or players.

If anything is needed it's individual trade channels for Riven/Non-Riven trading or a better filter system.

40 minutes ago, trst said:

An AH system only works when supply and demand are in any functional balance. In the case of Warframe this is absolutely not the case as every player can accumulate an effectively infinite supply of items while only ever demanding a single or finite number of copies. It's the inconvenience of trading and artificial limiting of supply that keeps prices in check at all and even then plat prices have only gone down over the years. The only things that could survive and AH crash are brand new items (before supply greatly exceeds demand), exceptionally rare drops, and Rivens. And no having prices lower even further isn't a good thing for the game or players.

If anything is needed it's individual trade channels for Riven/Non-Riven trading or a better filter system.

^ this

Archived