Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Event killed Warframe for my friend

General_Durandal

7 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

So it turns out you CAN out-right buy the mechs

Pay to win much?

If that's "pay to win" then the entire game's monetization model has been such since it was first introduced. 375 plat is the same price as most frames.

Deimos was also launched almost four months ago now which was plenty of time for people to farm one. And if the plat option wasn't made in time for the event then we would have people complaining that they can't skip the grind now that they're "required" for the event. At which point DE would have added them in response to said complaints.

Considering the things you mentioned, i would suggest the Diablo games.

Warframe is a bit like Diablo in the looter aspect, the classes and some Warframes got some similar skills, but you can change the difficulty and it gets more rewarding, the better you use your skills. (though it's not too complicated either)

Diablo is like Warframe done properly, from my point of view.

I also play War Thunder, another 'collection game' where skill matters and the learning process keeps you engaged, because there's always a new plane you can learn to use.

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Cephalon Keeper said:

Nah, Pay2GetQuicker. Name of the game in Warfarm, er Warframe. Just cause they buy it, dont mean it matches up to what those of us who farmed it and kitted it out are bringing to the table.

Eyyy, someone gets the joke!

Nice

58 minutes ago, trst said:

At which point DE would have added them in response to said complaints.

Good point, but why the money wall?, it just feels like they are trying to dig money out as much as they can, rather then say, what players think, etc. You kown someone who "farmed" for the mechs, gonna have a issue. 

Tho the funny thing is, in the WF Market itself (Player based one) it's cheeper to buy in parts, then it is to buy a fully built one, kinda showing how much they love to rip people off.

24 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Good point, but why the money wall?, it just feels like they are trying to dig money out as much as they can, rather then say, what players think, etc. You kown someone who "farmed" for the mechs, gonna have a issue. 

Tho the funny thing is, in the WF Market itself (Player based one) it's cheeper to buy in parts, then it is to buy a fully built one, kinda showing how much they love to rip people off.

Still no different than anything else including the "I farmed this so you should too" people. Bit ironic though considering spending plat requires some form of farming as well be it via trade or a job.

Saying the market price is a ripoff is no different than saying the prices players are charging is a ripoff because you can farm them for free. Buying them outright from the market is also skipping a lot of other grinds plus build time and should have a slot and reactor included like frames. Even if the player cost plus rush, slot, and reactor costs are still cheaper you're still skipping a fair bit.

27 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

You think things through before writing and sending? Damaged parts are worth nothing since you still need to farm the blueprints from the syndicate AND the materials. You know, like necrathene, scintillant, and a few hundred ores (and blueprints to use these ores) from different open worlds?

3 minutes ago, Charlotte said:

Damaged parts are worth nothing since you still need to farm the blueprints from the syndicate AND the materials. You know, like necrathene, scintillant, and a few hundred ores (and blueprints to use these ores) from different open worlds?

IIRC, they are quite easy to get now right?, mining is..damm annoyance I give you that, but did they not fix the farm issue with necrathene & scintillant?

I mean if you wanna skip the grind, all power to you, but the parts themselves you can get like 5-10p a piece, if you don't mind spending time over money.

30 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Good point, but why the money wall?

There isn't one. Scavenged Necramechs from the missions themselves work just fine, and you can always piggyback off someone who has their own mech if you're struggling with them.

1 minute ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

IIRC, they are quite easy to get now right?, mining is..damm annoyance I give you that, but did they not fix the farm issue with necrathene & scintillant?

I mean if you wanna skip the grind, all power to you, but the parts themselves you can get like 5-10p a piece, if you don't mind spending time over money.

Time IS money. I spent hours getting the necrathenes to make my voidrig. If I was working, I could get the money to buy a few voidrigs easily. And I'm only talking about necrathenes. If someone tried to skip fortuna and cetus, you could add a few more hours. So no, it's not overpriced or a ripoff.

7 minutes ago, Charlotte said:

Time IS money. I spent hours getting the necrathenes to make my voidrig. If I was working, I could get the money to buy a few voidrigs easily. And I'm only talking about necrathenes. If someone tried to skip fortuna and cetus, you could add a few more hours. So no, it's not overpriced or a ripoff.

That's kind've your fault for using an un-optimized method of farming nekrathene. Took me 30 minutes to get enough to build the Voidrig.

people always leave when something new appears, and your friend will probably come back in the next update, because by then Mechs will be usable - but not mandatory - in regular missions, and we might have the Wraithe frame by then too. 

yes, the game is called warframe, but the devs occasionally want to try diferent stuff. it doesn't always pan out (early operators, K-drives, Lunaro) but that's the risk you take when you diversify.

15 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

That's kind've your fault for using an optimized method of farming nekrathene. Took me 30 minutes to get enough to build the Voidrig.

Meh, I tried mining for a few minutes before getting tired of it. Then I decided to use the pillars, but it still took too much time. It's uncommon, but somehow I dropped rare gems more than twice as much. Necrathene is my nemesis.

4 minutes ago, Charlotte said:

Meh, I tried mining for a few minutes before getting tired of it. Then I decided to use the pillars, but still took too much time. It's uncommon, but somehow I have 2x the rare gems. Necrathene is my nemesis.

You will have better luck in a group. What my clan came up with is Vauban, Nekros, Octavia and a Loki(at the time Loid was very slow and we TP'd him and Octavia was killing the mechs). The essentials however are to go into an Iso Vault and find a FASS pillar. Activate and use Vauban's vortex to group them, Unairu focus on operators to dash through and remove armour, decent amps or voidrig 4th ability to kill them. Just keep spamming the pillar for 30 odd minutes and you'll get about 200 nekrathene with a booster. Like I said, OPTIMIZED via increasing DPS and therefore efficiency.

Boy is he going to enjoy the next big patch; more Railjack!

I agree though, I find the mechs thoroughly unenjoyable, and I'm pretty annoyed that this event, rather than being "now you CAN use mechs in normal tilesets" is instead "now you're FORCED to use mechs in normal tilesets the entire time!"

Give players the option to use mechs, rather than forcing them to use the mechs.

And you think anyone here cares about "your friend" that it deserves a whole post?

Good riddance.

God forbid DE add some diversity into the game and the obligatory whiners pop out.

The most ridiculous part - complaining about mechs being in store. They're farmable and in market just like any other frame.

3 minutes ago, anarchy753 said:

Way to intentionally avoid the point, you sure showed me. Because the glass peashooter is far more enjoyable than the clunky-ass mechs.

No actually I was just offering you an option so you can win your rewards. Way to take it out of context, bravo. Next you'll insist that Eidolons should be beatable with just warframes, why should I have to use an operator?

5 hours ago, General_Durandal said:

He got into Warframe for the Warframes,
and every update he's like, they keep making the Warframes less important, in a game called Warframe.

Nightwave spoiler,

Reveal hidden contents

When he learned about how the boss fight with the Glass guy goes,
he was like, "I'm not even going to bother, the sword is in Simarus's shop, i'll get it from there if I want it."

~

This event forces you out of your Warframe, into "kid mode", operator mode, and is focused on Mechs.
He doesn't like the operators, the tenno operatives where originally tenno out of their warframes,
not weird physic space kids.
He also doesn't like the mechs, they are cool, but not what he's here for.

He plays Warframe because the Warframes are cool, powerful godly unstoppable beings,
but DE keeps adding things that make them less-so, more helpless.

He says he's not even going to touch warframe anymore,
not till they start focusing on the Warframes, and improving them and their gameplay,
instead of adding all these gimmicky other things and enemies immune to all your powers.
Plenty of better games focused on weapon usage out there, Warframes where unique.

He's also annoyed that you can buy Nechramechs for a large amount of plat in the store now.
Mainly because of how hard it was to farm them when they first came around,
partly do to drops occasionally falling through the ground.

Haven't seen so many white knights in a thread for a while :crylaugh:

And yes more and more people leaving Warframe because it's less and less about warframes.

Railjack HUGE fail didn't teach DE anything. Now they made necramechs clipping through the level geometry and calling it awesome. For real :facepalm:

7 minutes ago, Viges said:

Haven't seen so many white knights in a thread for a while :crylaugh:

And yes more and more people leaving Warframe because it's less and less about warframes.

Railjack HUGE fail didn't teach DE anything. Now they made necramechs clipping through the level geometry and calling it awesome. For real :facepalm:

I am no white knight I can assure you and so can my several warnings for having a go at DE. What I cannot abide however is people having to announce that they're leaving, it's a cry for attention and a pathetic attempt at giving DE an ultimatum. Just leave quietly, without telling the world cos the world doesn't care. And it's people like that who've influenced DE to nerf the game into the state it is now, a boring game with no skill required. I keep playing in the hopes a challenge will finally arise, which for the record is what I've gotten in trouble over, telling them they don't know their own game well enough to add challenge.

Archived