Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Selling clan to new owner for plat legal?

Grisznaker

Hi,

I was wondering if i make Clan with full research then i decide to sell it for platinum so i can find person that want to own a clan then i make him leader and as next we trade platinum and we're done?

I mean selling in-game item (clan) for in-game currency (platinum).

Legal or not?

I'm just curious if it's a good way to make plat and DE have no problem with it.

I do not think it is explicitly prohibited by the TOS.

BUT:

1) DE won't enforce promises. If you make the other person leader (Founding Warlord) and when the other person is leader they decide "no I don't give you a single platinum", there is nothing you can do. If I understand correctly, only the Founding Warlord can demote themselves by promoting someone else, and if someone decides to steal your clan... well, you lost everything and DE won't lift a finger.

2) According to the ToS you signed, DE doesn't need a reason to ban you. They can do it just because. This means that, if they don't like the fact that you want to sell your clan, then they can just ban you and the other person. Just because they can.

So I suggest you don't even try.

Who would buy a clan?, honest i have my own ghost clan and did all the research and it didn't even make a dent in my stocks.

Never alone later on you want to just sink resources into it for fashion dojo once your a bored mr30.

Also wouldn't the better way to go for plat still be the same. Even if i was MR5 or something and wanted plat. Wouldn't it still be fastest to just farm primes and sell them?. Considering the sheer amount plat you can make very fast. Using both trade chat and warframe.market.

Edit : To add also almost every other post in lfg is the huge clans inviting lads and they have all research and it's free....

32 minutes ago, o0Despair0o said:

I mean, you could just promote the guy to the highest rank and then leave.

Promote - Trade - Leave

Ok that's all i wanted to know. Of course there is always possibility to scam but as seller you need to take a risk and count for nothing just in case. There can be always different scenerio like Trade - Promote - Leave. 

The person who maxing dojo sacrificing his few months of work and trying to sell takes the biggest risk after you make Founding Warlord someone. I think if you know the risk and you ok with being scammed and not expecting any help from DE then you're ok.

56 minutes ago, Dhrekr said:

I do not think it is explicitly prohibited by the TOS.

BUT:

1) DE won't enforce promises. If you make the other person leader (Founding Warlord) and when the other person is leader they decide "no I don't give you a single platinum", there is nothing you can do. If I understand correctly, only the Founding Warlord can demote themselves by promoting someone else, and if someone decides to steal your clan... well, you lost everything and DE won't lift a finger.

2) According to the ToS you signed, DE doesn't need a reason to ban you. They can do it just because. This means that, if they don't like the fact that you want to sell your clan, then they can just ban you and the other person. Just because they can.

So I suggest you don't even try.

1) Dont trade for promises does not equal trading for promises is prohibited (not supporting it means no 1 will help if you got scammed in same way u me or any1 else are free to sell vitality mod for 10k plat and if someone find out he can get it for 1 plat no 1 will care or even try to help u)

2} If you can get banned without a reason then selling a clan would be a reason and not lack of it (in same manor you could get banned for making ur orbiter pink which would not be a reason but just an excuse however u care to call it)

3) U pointed out 2 paragraphs where none of them violates ToS in any way by selling clan so what was the point?

18 minutes ago, Grisznaker said:

Promote - Trade - Leave

Ok that's all i wanted to know. Of course there is always possibility to scam but as seller you need to take a risk and count for nothing just in case. There can be always different scenerio like Trade - Promote - Leave. 

The person who maxing dojo sacrificing his few months of work and trying to sell takes the biggest risk after you make Founding Warlord someone. I think if you know the risk and you ok with being scammed and not expecting any help from DE then you're ok.

My advice 50% before prompting 50% after

1 hour ago, (PSN)Mofojokers said:

Who would buy a clan?, honest i have my own ghost clan and did all the research and it didn't even make a dent in my stocks.

Never alone later on you want to just sink resources into it for fashion dojo once your a bored mr30.

Also wouldn't the better way to go for plat still be the same. Even if i was MR5 or something and wanted plat. Wouldn't it still be fastest to just farm primes and sell them?. Considering the sheer amount plat you can make very fast. Using both trade chat and warframe.market.

Edit : To add also almost every other post in lfg is the huge clans inviting lads and they have all research and it's free....

Just because u would not does not mean no one would
For example im solo clan owner i need it as my pass to trade stuff eventually copy machine for BP that i can only get from DOJO

BUT if i by this point played enough warframe i would be rich up the A$$ i was clan member not owner and for some reason i would care to leave that clan
I would buy a clan if i care to keep on playing with plat i gathered instead of going trough the process of building new one

(in most cases by clan i mean dojo)

But again that scenario is just an example there can be many other reason someone would wish to buy it

Well, "clans" are not something that is tradeable in Warframe, so both you and the buyer would take a risk.

To my mind selling a clan would be more equivalent to selling "services" for plat, the building and upgrading of the clan being the "service". I don't think that would be a legal trade (as far as I know you can't sell "taxi services" or "protection services" or "farming services" for plat without risking a ban).

Up to you, but personally I would never do it. If you do it, you should at least inform the buyer of the potential risks involved.

32 minutes ago, ZeroX4 said:

2} If you can get banned without a reason then selling a clan would be a reason and not lack of it (in same manor you could get banned for making ur orbiter pink which would not be a reason but just an excuse however u care to call it)

You are... not particularly well-versed in this sort of thing, are you.

14 minutes ago, (PSN)guzmantt1977 said:

I'm kind of surprised that nobody has pointed out that you can't make a new clan with full research. 

OP clearly struggles with English. I think everyone was charitable and redacted the sentence in a way that makes sense ("I make a new clan and then I do all the research and then I sell it").

But thank you for this. We were being too good to OP, weren't we.

1 hour ago, Grisznaker said:

Promote - Trade - Leave

I wouldnt recommend it.

1) if you promote before trading there is zero incentive for him to actually give you the plat. Ive heard of DE taking action for people deliberately ripping off/scamming people but technically they dont enforce promises. 

2) i doubt its worth the effort plat wise. 

3) i would go as far as to ask support if its allowed or not before doing it. I have a lot of time invested in my account. I wouldnt take any chances for getting bant. 

2 hours ago, Dhrekr said:

You are... not particularly well-versed in this sort of thing, are you.

im well-versed in understanding if u can get banned for NOTHING when de will feel like it just to ban an account there is no difference what you do or wont do

then if ur not breaking ToS then it have nothing to do with it or am i wrong?

like if you have ban hammer upon ur head that can fall for no reason then as i mentioned u could say u can get banned for making ur orbiter pink but that would be a reason 

in same fashion saying u can get banned for trading for promises where in both cases its not prohibited

de just warn players not to trade for promises since they wont bother to execute keeping ur promises so for our safety we are told to trade just by trading system when item for item trade system is at hand and only way to get scammed is someones ignorance where we press confirmation button twice to trade 1st to confirm we are ok with what we see and we are ready to trade and 2nd with all trading stuff listed and we confirm we want to trade that for that

so in other words its same principal as if someone offers building idk robot or car or some animal statue from various parts in dojo or offer power level services for plat
we are advised not to agree to such practices but we are not prohibited from using them 

which again have nothing to do with YOU CAN GET BANNED FOR NOTHING

33 minutes ago, ZeroX4 said:

im well-versed in understanding if u can get banned for NOTHING when de will feel like it just to ban an account there is no difference what you do or wont do

Oh goodness me. No. The sillyness. You are really new to this, I see.

It works like this. DE sees you doing something that they don't like and that isn't explicitly forbidden. And they decide to ban you.

Now, let's say you then go to them and whine "I broke no rules, maybe that thing was a bit fishy you didn't say that wasn't allowed, I didn't read anywhere it was forbidden! How do you justify my ban?"

And they answer: "well, we thought one further than you - we don't need to ban you for something that is explicitly forbidden. We can just ban you because you said we could."

And you go like "oh, DANG! You evil corporation! You decided that you can ban me without the need for you to prehemptively forbid whatever thing I have done which you haven't liked!

33 minutes ago, ZeroX4 said:

like if you have ban hammer upon ur head that can fall for no reason then as i mentioned u could say u can get banned for making ur orbiter pink but that would be a reason 

Bring to me the case of a person who has been banned for making their orbiter pink and I will entertain this dumb thought experiment of yours.

This "we don't need a reason to ban you" is obviously something which they employ only when they feel something is a bannable offense and they haven't explicitly forbidden it.

So, you see, what you do is actually all-important.

Which means, yes, of course, they could decide that they want ban people with pink orbiters. I mean, that would be a very stupid idea for them. But remind me: from whose brain does this stupid idea come from?

10 minutes ago, ZeroX4 said:

which again have nothing to do with YOU CAN GET BANNED FOR NOTHING

You are making stuff up.  You always get banned for something...whether or not you thinking it is nothing is irrelevant.   DE doesn't just have code that says "if RNG() = SOME_SEED then ban.player(RNG())".  

3 hours ago, Dhrekr said:

OP clearly struggles with English. I think everyone was charitable and redacted the sentence in a way that makes sense ("I make a new clan and then I do all the research and then I sell it").

But thank you for this. We were being too good to OP, weren't we.

Nope. It's still not right. You literally can't research everything in a new clan. 

👇

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Ignis_Wraith

👆

You'd figure people would know this by now, given how many times it gets mentioned in threads where people are complaining about the use of the term. 

6 minutes ago, Dhrekr said:

Oh goodness me. No. The sillyness. You are really new to this, I see.

It works like this. DE sees you doing something that they don't like and that isn't explicitly forbidden. And they decide to ban you.

Now, let's say you then go to them and whine "I broke no rules, maybe that thing was a bit fishy you didn't say that wasn't allowed, I didn't read anywhere it was forbidden! How do you justify my ban?"

And they answer: "well, we thought one further than you - we don't need to ban you for something that is explicitly forbidden. We can just ban you because you said we could."

And you go like "oh, DANG! You evil corporation! You decided that you can ban me without the need for you to prehemptively ban me for whatever thing I have done which you haven't liked!

Bring to me the case of a person who has been banned for making their orbiter pink and I will entertain this dumb thought experiment of yours.

This "we don't need a reason to ban you" is obviously something which they employ only when they feel something isn't bannable and they haven't explicitly banned it.

So, you see, what you do is actually all-important.

Which means, yes, of course, they could decide that they want ban people with pink orbiters. I mean, that would be a very stupid idea for them. But remind me: from whose brain this stupid idea comes from?

3 minutes ago, Chappie said:

You are making stuff up.  You always get banned for something...whether or not you thinking it is nothing is irrelevant.   DE doesn't just have code that says "if RNG() = SOME_SEED then ban.player(RNG())".  

i explain one thing and you 2 try to explain other thing  

we can flood this whole post with our arguments so if you 2 didnt get it 1st time i dont care to explain it any further so have fun

8 minutes ago, (PSN)guzmantt1977 said:

Nope. It's still not right. You literally can't research everything in a new clan. 

👇

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Ignis_Wraith

👆

You'd figure people would know this by now, given how many times it gets mentioned in threads where people are complaining about the use of the term. 

Oh. You are correct.

I'd figure most people have forgotten about that by now, honestly. I know I did, but thanks for pointing it out.

Archived