Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Community Expectations: Corpus Railjack Lichs

(XBOX)DarknessZeref

We don't care about the weapons they drop and we only like 1 of their ephemera's (Which won't motivate anyone whose been off 60d+ to log back in).

It's shaping up to be another content island that doesn't fully hone in on all the feedback derived from the grineer edition. For one the enemies should be much harder and more worth it as companions- they do no damage to level 50's even at rank 5. They appear during Spy missions which actually makes them not worth having converted.

Our concern has always been that these new pieces of content are easily completed and offer no real changes to the rest of the game. This is the opportunity to change that!

To put things in perspective, I've fought giant monsters and wars as a teeny human, so the hesitation with giving my inhuman machine war-weapon challenging enemies to fight is baffling. I mean Warframes don't need Hot drinks, First--aid and time to resharpen their weapon mid-fight yet with these impediments a lowly human still gets the privilege of fighting interesting and unique enemies throughout a AAA title.  

Expectations:

• Pluto Proxima
  • 1-3 new points of interest (RJ)
  • New RJ avionics
  • MK.4 RJ
  • Command intrinsic
  • Lichs + RJ
  • New Queenpin weapons

Reception:
Finished new proxima
Already ran through the "new objs"
Maybe use 1-4 of 15 new avionics...MAYBE
Command makes me OP and restricts co-op play matchmaking for the railjackless, therefore helping kill the mode further
MK4 RJ is just scaling
Command makes veterans OP on login assuming intrinsic respec & new players less likely to receive public aid getting started
Lichs + RJ = Frustration without control. We need some manner of control over them appearing or not for sanity and objective pursuit.
New Weapons. No one cares. Promise LifeofRio's Zarr build from 6 years ago will 1-shot the lichs and anything else that drops here. I don't even use Zarr. There's like 80 weapons you could be using right now that will do just as much if not better than these unreleased weapons. Warframe is not the game where having 20 5-forma primary weapons is a helpful thing.

Recommendation:
Give this new proxima (or all of them) a gimmick, an optional, a random chance at a loot POI or subtle boss encounter. There's no exploration in RJ, just completing the mission and gathering resources to launch again.

Make 5+ new objectives that involve 1 or several boss unit kills (with challenging boss units). This doesn't make it immune to being overplayed and widely understood at a granular level- but it will at least lead to a few tenno getting shot in the chest and generate some interest in this game mode possibly being fun.

New Avionics will only make me stronger, so beware of trivializing everything again.

Command makes us ridiculously strong, don't need a crew.

Mk.4 RJ is the third RJ buff we've noted in this post.

Lichs + RJ addresses my main frustration with lich hunting- you can't summon them up when you have the combo. Assuming things work and make sense, we can do that in the upcimung update. This is great for lich hunters with a RJ that can take the heat and terrible for everyone else just trying to escape their lich just to fail their first RJ mission once it appears. 

FOCUS ON COMBAT-LEVEL ANTI-WARFRAME ENEMY UNITS, EQUIPMENT & TACTICS. With what we know today, I'll be done with the new content island in less than 7 days. Stop designing things over 8 months that I can complete in an afternoon.

3 hours ago, (XBOX)DarknessZeref said:

We don't care about the weapons they drop and we only like 1 of their ephemera's

speak for yourself, Kuva Ayanga is my most used Archgun and I like both of the Ephemeras I've gotten from them.

They appear during Spy missions which actually makes them not worth having converted.

what? why is it a problem for them to be in Spy? I don't understand.

. I mean Warframes don't need Hot drinks, First--aid and time to resharpen their weapon mid-fight yet

that reminds me, haven't played MHW: Iceborne in a while. Fatalis is still waiting to punish me...

Expectations:

• Pluto Proxima
  • 1-3 new points of interest (RJ)
  • New RJ avionics
  • MK.4 RJ
  • Command intrinsic
  • Lichs + RJ
  • New Queenpin weapons

I'm not sure we're getting the railjack update AND the Liches in the same update, but yes, all of  those things are in the works. my guess is that they will try to get the Railjack update out first, since it will probably require a LOT of bugfixes and cleaning up before it works properly, and then once it's more stable, Liches would be added, since they confirmed you'd be able to fight liches in Railjack missions. I could be wrong, but we won't know more until the Devstream on the 29th.

Command makes me OP and restricts co-op play matchmaking for the railjackless, therefore helping kill the mode further

if anything I'm expecting the opposite: that is for Command to be broken a hell and actually worse than having a competent squad. I'd LOVE it if you end up right though, knowing that my AI crew could just carry the mission regardless of what I'm doing.

MK4 RJ is just scaling

more than likely, though it depends on what level the enemies will be. before the reveals Iw as under the assumption we'd get more than just pluto, so there'd be easy, mdium and ahrd difficulty zones, but since it's just Pluto, it will likley be at the same level as Veil Proxima or hogher - or alternatively, there will be a mixture of nodes at various levels and intrinsic requirements. if the weapons are interesting thoguh, I can live with this. 

(with challenging boss units)

define challenging. invulnerability phase, bullet sponge bosses are not challenging, nor are bosses that restrict your gear and force you to parkour (looking at you, Nihil).

This is great for lich hunters with a RJ that can take the heat and terrible for everyone else just trying to escape their lich just to fail their first RJ mission once it appears. 

then it should also serve as an incentive to invest in their railjack. 

With what we know today, I'll be done with the new content island in less than 7 days. Stop designing things over 8 months that I can complete in an afternoon.

to be fair, YOU can also play a part in adding longevity to your content... by not just trying as hard as you can to blaze through it all. instead you could pace yourself a little bit. you don't HAVE to complete everything right away like there's a gun pressed to your head, just do a few missions a day or whatever, and chill out. 

4 hours ago, (XBOX)DarknessZeref said:

Recommendation:
Give this new proxima (or all of them) a gimmick, an optional, a random chance at a loot POI or subtle boss encounter. There's no exploration in RJ, just completing the mission and gathering resources to launch again.

Make 5+ new objectives that involve 1 or several boss unit kills (with challenging boss units). This doesn't make it immune to being overplayed and widely understood at a granular level- but it will at least lead to a few tenno getting shot in the chest and generate some interest in this game mode possibly being fun.

I've wanted something like this for a while. I'd take an endless type Railjack mission or something set up like the isolation vaults where you can hop from different stations/ships or whatever with some dog fights/random encounters in between. It was always cool to find the random Derelict structure but I wish they expanded on that. It might actually give people a reason to go into Railjack with a group. 

The energy skirt ephemera looks good but I don't have the strength for another lich grind.

If I am puting down hundreds of plat in a trade for it, I don't want to also have to go grind it on top, that's just mockery at that point. So I am off the train unless we see some drastic changes.

I'd much rather they just give me a flat number of npc ants I have to grind southpark wow episode style. RNG never comes out on the player's side so it's just frustrating, depressing, intrusive, obnoxious and angering.

They want to waste people's time to make the game last longer I get it but then just give me a number. Don't come around town pretending anyone is getting a fair chance or fair treatment, own up to it.

A kuva lich should take x long and we want you to do y number of liches to get the item. Flat number of npcs or number of minutes. 

We are definitely past of the point of pretending anyone is having any kind of fun is what I am saying lmao.

Developers so hung up on installing grinds they forgot they were supposed to add fun and excitement.

So enough with the shenanigans, just give me a number of how much time you want me to waste and I will decide if I am willing to or not.

5 hours ago, (XBOX)DarknessZeref said:

We

I don't recall giving you my opinion about anything. Stop acting like you're talking for everyone. You're only talking for yourself.

Anyway,

I expect a lot of grind for things I don't want in order to get things I want only for them to end up being mediocre at best (lookin' at you, Morgha).

If you don’t want a crew don’t use it. Why people who don’t want to use bots wants every one not to have them. It’s a dream to think they’ll even come close to how OP are frames are, or having are turrets fire is so crazy good compared to the Railjack powers...

Its ok to have bots. They won’t make the game easy (not more than it is). I’m sure if they can come in a survival type thing, they’ll die off long before any good build fails.

I know there will be a grind and there will be whinging too because of it. Before that happens, DE should just let all weapons/ephemeras to be had be available for trade from the get go.

I don't expect too much now, it is not healthy to be disappointed with all the RL problems going around already.

I just want to see how the Command intrinsic changes up the Railjack gameplay, since it's just teleporting around until you pew pew enough to win, even at higher difficulties. 

Wouldn't mind seeing my liches fighting alongside me or even an X-Com thing with the grew where they develop skills and personality as you level them up. That and away crew side-missions that aren't sabotage or assassinate. 

So can we just spam "Who is this 'we' you speak of" to gather easy upvotes?

*cracks fingers*

Who is this "We" you speak of, OP?! I'm offended!

Now that is done, I dont think we should get Mk4 weapons, the ShipXShip gun combat is more or less balanced (abilities, on the other hand...). Maybe more VARIANTS. Sure there only so many ways you can shoot something, but different effects like a freeze beam, burst heat projectiles, electric blasts...

Archived