Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Don't You Like Guns?

Traumtulpe

1 minute ago, Joezone619 said:

compared to melee, guns have barely been developed, there are a lot of guns sure, but melee has stances, special abilities sometimes like skiajati, what do guns have? point and shoot...

& melee is supposed to get the "Devil Trigger" mode that they talked about in 2018 or 19 (don't remember)

Like melee is not OP enough already

1 minute ago, Traumtulpe said:

You use single target guns for single target fights. Usually bosses.

I dislike repeating myself, so try to understand this time.

All Melee has some AoE, and is also incredibly capable for single-targets due to knockdowns and stunlocks innate. It also does higher damage than really any single-target gun (Or AoE gun, if we're being honest with ourselves), especially considering that many can attack much much faster increasing their overall DPS.

In addition around some 60 of the 70-odd primaries (not counting variants) are single-target weapons, which would in turn mean that your assertion is that only 1 in every 7 guns has the faintest chance of being useful.

Just now, Ailia_Grimm said:

& melee is supposed to get the "Devil Trigger" mode that they talked about in 2018 or 19 (don't remember)

Like melee is not OP enough already

im not saying develop melee more, im saying guns arn't as developed as melee rn, especially after the melee 3.0 (or 2.9999 whatever it is now) guns have some catching up to do development wise. 

DE created this problem by adding not only 100 levels to the enemy, but also 250% armour/shields and health.

Single target guns just can't get through that in any kind of reasonable time.

However, my tiberon ( hunter munitions build with a rather good riven) can manage just fine against normal lvl 180 grineer.   I've got quite a few other guns that do fine as well, primary and secondary.   Yeah, melee is still faster, but the guns are at least viable.

So in summary, you want every gun to both explode in a large area, and quickly dispatch bosses. Even the ones you get as a new player.

Not gonna happen, is it? At least you can have fun being silly on the forum, even if the game will never be like you want it to.

Just now, Joezone619 said:

im not saying develop melee more, im saying guns arn't as developed as melee rn, especially after the melee 3.0 (or 2.9999 whatever it is now) guns have some catching up to do development wise. 

Oh I know, I understood your point, I'm just talking about your point when you said that guns were never really developed, so I'm adding on top that melee isn't even supposed to be finished yet

Just now, Traumtulpe said:

So in summary, you want every gun to both explode in a large area, and quickly dispatch bosses. Even the ones you get as a new player.

Actually nobody has said that at all, but on another topic where did you buy your industrial size projector unit? I really want a home theater and could use a quality one.

1 minute ago, Ailia_Grimm said:

Oh I know, I understood your point, I'm just talking about your point when you said that guns were never really developed, so I'm adding on top that melee isn't even supposed to be finished yet

you know, i hear how DE keeps trying to make guns about hitting critical points, and head shots, that might work if you know... half the enemies didn't have something obstructing their head like grinner's back armor and wherever the hell an infested charger's head is.

2 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

Not gonna happen, is it? At least you can have fun being silly on the forum, even if the game will never be like you want it to.

Once you realize someone is projecting, anything they say from then on ultimately doesn't matter.

1 minute ago, Traumtulpe said:

Assuming you're talking to me

No.

I want Scaling mods nerfed. Possibly reworked so combo count works on a per-enemy basis so they fill a role more similar to Condition Overload (where it's better sustained DPS, but worse burst DPS), and you can't stack Blood Rush and True Steel, and can't stack Weeping Wounds with, well, any Status mod. Buff them, perhaps, or just add more single-target content, like mini-bosses similar to Fortuna, perhaps with a degree of innate resistance to Area-of-effect weaponry.

7 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

I mean, I can do that with pretty much any melee weapon, so.

4 minutes ago, Aldain said:

Actually nobody has said that at all

Yeah, they did:

34 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

Yeah, it'd be terrible if players could use the weapons they actually enjoy

17 minutes ago, Ailia_Grimm said:

90% of the guns in the game are single target weapons, which makes 90% of the guns bad

23 minutes ago, Ailia_Grimm said:

We just said that 90% of the guns are bad because they are rifles, shotguns, or snipers designed for single target

We just end up back to where we were: guns are bad as they are

38 minutes ago, (PSN)ErydisTheLucario said:

An Aoe weapon is a bit different than a normal gun

41 minutes ago, Aldain said:

you don't seem to get when saying "Guns aren't bad" when your video just says "AoE guns are fine just use those instead"

2 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

Yeah, they did:

Literally none of those quotes say anything, without a gold medal's worth of mental gymnastics, that amounts to "We want all single target weapons to be AoE".

What it does say though, is that they'd like more situations where AoE isn't inherently better than any single target weapon at all times.

Is that "plain English" enough or do I need to hire a poet?

42 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

Yeah, it'd be terrible if players could use the weapons they actually enjoy! Because, uh...

https://giffiles.alphacoders.com/116/116755.gif

Welcome to your standard online MMO with a progression system. You have the regular starchart to use whatever weapon you want. I love the Tiberon prime and use it for the regular starchart. I can wipe the map with it even, but the steel path isn't for building the entire game around. The game is built around the regular starchart.

Again, no one said we wanted every gun to be explosive

YOU literally wrote:

32 minutes ago, Ailia_Grimm said:

We just said that 90% of the guns are bad because they are rifles, shotguns, or snipers designed for single target

We just end up back to where we were: guns are bad as they are

Do I need to explain words to you? You said every single target gun is bad. Ergo, you want every gun to not be single target.

If you don't even understand what is coming out of your own mouth, there is really no hope for anything I try to convey.

Just now, Traumtulpe said:

YOU literally wrote:

Do I need to explain words to you? You said every single target gun is bad. Ergo, you want every gun to not be single target.

If you don't even understand what is coming out of your own mouth, there is really no hope for anything I try to convey.

1 hour ago, Traumtulpe said:

You can do it with Excalibur just fine. Shield gating and Radial Blind are all you need. Don't bring a single target gun when you have 20+ enemies on the screen at all times. That's not a gun problem, that's a you problem.

Funny

As far as I can see, I didn't anything about wanted guns to be explosives

Yeah I can second that.

I think they're just quoting at random now and hoping that they can trip somebody up.

The absolute worst attempt at the Phoenix Wright method of debate that I've ever seen.

Archived