Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: Corpus Proxima & The New Railjack

[DE]Rebecca

1 hour ago, Major_Gentlebear said:

Hey, that's great for you that you don't have a problem with playing with other players. But people are different and have different reasons for playing solo. In my case it's massive social anxiety. I would play with friends, but they mostly left warframe, or don't like RJ.

And the part about not beeing meant for solo; DE announced RJ as beeing solo playable (command entrinsics) before it came out; they just delayed the command entrinsics again and again and now they implement them with this rework. So yeah, getting punished for trying to have fun in solo play with an unfinished RJ system when it finally gets reworked feels pretty bad.

Soloing was not an obstacle to maxing the grid, and from my perspective it didn't take all that much grinding. Definitely had it done before they added the valence fusion mechanic, because I knocked off playing RJ as soon as the vidar mk III grind became apparent and the grid was done then.

Real questions here:

Will we get RJ wreckage/Clan Research (Sigma) that is MK IV or higher or will MK III still be cap?

When using a forma on RJ in mod (avionics) slots, what is needing to rank up? I am assuming the "Harness" based on the pictures, if so, how would that work?

Will "Harness" rank be tied to MR affinity?

Will Integrated, Battle, and Tactical share the same mod capacity or are they separate?

From what I can tell in the images, Battle and Tactical mods do not have a drain in the Dev Build. Will that be the same in the Live build?

Thanks Tenno

4 minutes ago, -Augustus- said:

Soloing was not an obstacle to maxing the grid, and from my perspective it didn't take all that much grinding. Definitely had it done before they added the valence fusion mechanic, because I knocked off playing RJ as soon as the vidar mk III grind became apparent and the grid was done then.

The issue with solo RJ wasn't that it couldn't be done, but it was an atrocious grind without any fun. I really tried to have fun with RJ and put about 40-50 hours into it when it came out. Then I burned out on it, because every mission was the same and I had to cheese it because I had no way to defend my RJ against everything on my own. I had to build the dock, research everything and upgrade everything on my own, because I'm the only active member left in my clan. I really wanted this to be good and I invested time and ressources; and it just wasn't getting better. So when I quit RJ; didn't even reach veil proxima....

Yeah, maybe I'm dumb for doing all this, but I play this game for fun and it's really disheartening when I get punished in the end for trying to have fun with a flawed system that DE really wanted to be something great.

Just now, Major_Gentlebear said:

The issue with solo RJ wasn't that it couldn't be done, but it was an atrocious grind without any fun. I really tried to have fun with RJ and put about 40-50 hours into it when it came out. Then I burned out on it, because every mission was the same and I had to cheese it because I had no way to defend my RJ against everything on my own. I had to build the dock, research everything and upgrade everything on my own, because I'm the only active member left in my clan. I really wanted this to be good and I invested time and ressources; and it just wasn't getting better. So when I quit RJ; didn't even reach veil proxima....

Yeah, maybe I'm dumb for doing all this, but I play this game for fun and it's really disheartening when I get punished in the end for trying to have fun with a flawed system that DE really wanted to be something great.

Solo clan here myself, dunno what to say other than ask if not getting the same tier of rewards as players who did more than you is really the same as being punished.

I've noticed a lot of people brought up the energy thing a good bit and I've had an idea.  It may be an idea that may have been mentioned one or more times here, but I've not read all 33 pages (and counting).  But, how about letting the Forge restore energy to all Warframes onboard the Railjack via the previous method of creating more Flux energy?  At the very least it gives an alternative that doesn't involve pads/Zenurik/Dispensary/Energize/whatever and gives anyone doing Engineering stuff an important task.

2 minutes ago, -Augustus- said:

Solo clan here myself, dunno what to say other than ask if not getting the same tier of rewards as players who did more than you is really the same as being punished.

I have no problem with not getting the same tier as someone who did more than me. But since they changed the reward conditions today I suddenly get no early adopters rewards instead of tier 2. That's the same tier as someone who didn't really play RJ at all. From my perspective that really stings.

So, what if we've not been playing a lot of RJ up until the current time? I have a lot of issues with it, since I have a lot of times where I get booted from a squad due to my connection issues, so I've been having to go solo a lot. How can Tenno who might be having issues with RJ be able to get the rewards in a timely matter then?

And, this Early Adopter thing... Do we have until the end of today to make it to whatever tier we want to, or did it end earlier?

Thanks for the replies in advance!

On 2021-03-09 at 4:03 AM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Both of those things are now removed, so the new role of Reactors is to provide Power Strength, Range, or Duration buffs to Railjack Battle Avionics being used aboard the ship!

So all mods effect by host's reactor? Cause effect personal reactor is funny.

Weird, now it reads more like the internal developer alpha of rj - basic systems but not even reskinned. So unexpected that it is going simplified this way, like your ambitions were too big/new and not sticking too much. Like a twist. Reusing ui is good yet boring, no idea why they didn't do it like everywhere else.
I guess this will tie it better together, but please continue trying out new things - too much similarity isn't good either.
You can never please everyone.

Gerade eben schrieb Leqesai:

A number of avionics are being changed/removed I think. They said that you can't directly mod for boosting RJ stats anymore but I did see bulkhead in Rebecca's mod list. I don't think it has been explicitly stated whether or not any will carry over but certainly hoping they do.

Then we need some clarification from DE about this. I'm not really interested to farm or buy mods (again) that I owned before as avionics.

And the same goes for the plexus:

I have a full maxed avionics grid right now. As far as I can see the plexus needs a potato, a bunch of formas, endoed mods and a lot of my lifetime just to bring me back my current railjack status quo. I'm not really excited about that. Especially if I know that I can't be sure that DE will not take again my achievements without proper compensation in future.

If I would have to judge the given situation right now I would simple call it a theft. Maybe we will see a change over that.

3 minutes ago, cliffghost said:

Then we need some clarification from DE about this. I'm not really interested to farm or buy mods (again) that I owned before as avionics.

And the same goes for the plexus:

I have a full maxed avionics grid right now. As far as I can see the plexus needs a potato, a bunch of formas, endoed mods and a lot of my lifetime just to bring me back my current railjack status quo. I'm not really excited about that. Especially if I know that I can't be sure that DE will not take again my achievements without proper compensation in future.

If I would have to judge the given situation right now I would simple call it a theft. Maybe we will see a change over that.

I believe they did say something about everyone having to sort of start over. I wonder if this is what they meant. In any case if we do have to re-farm all this crap then at least we all have to do it together. Messing with the whole userbase is better than messing with a select few, I guess.

Gerade eben schrieb Leqesai:

I believe they did say something about everyone having to sort of start over. I wonder if this is what they meant. In any case if we do have to re-farm all this crap then at least we all have to do it together. Messing with the whole userbase is better than messing with a select few, I guess.

Good luck then. I don't need to play Railjack anymore. And I'm sure that I'm not the only one. 😁

I'm going to retire from Railjack and make room for the next generation of players.

Like most of the decisions asides from the Avionics Redesign:

* Like most people, I do not want to put any formas on my railjack. There is already way too many forma sinks in this game (Weapons, Frames, Kuva Wpn, Corpus Lich Weapons, Archwings, Necramechs, Dogs, Cats, Sentinels, Sentinel Weapons, Dojo , Clan Reaserch, Requirements for many things you build, etc) ...  And the Reactor System was a much better way to handle max mod capacity, giving us gear-based progression and specific drops to seek to increase how many maxed mods you can fit. Was looking forward to a Tier 4 or Tier 5 Reactor that allowed me to slot in even more maxed avionics...

* Also really dislike the removal of the upgrading the grid mechanic. Though it was a cool little thing that made RJ unique and allowed you to slot unraked mod in there and get some effect out of them due to the free three points per grid. Assuming the stats will be adjusted so these three points are added to the % and you get the same damage in the end, but still, that removes the impression of having worked and rebuilt your ship systems.

*  Also dislike the fact avionics are basically turning into mods. It cheapens the system and what made it unique, plus brings all the annoyances of mods (forma, reactors, polarities, wasting endo). It was also cool to have a system with an unique modding interface, instead of the generic modding interface... Plus it makes no sense to me that you would mod a gigantic spaceship with the same mods as a warframe. Don t mind having a rig and carrying your avionics when joining a game, just wish it didn t have to come with a forced redesign of the whole grid.

* While I think it is cool that you guys offloaded some stuff from the grid like survivability mods and energy mods, I am not looking forward to having to have dedicated builds with Preparation, Prime Flow and Streamline on every frame I take into Railjack, plus it seems annoying to end up out of energy once you take back control of your frame shooting your ship powers. Again it also makes no sense that a ship is using the energy pool of a warframe to power itself.

Suggestions:

• Keep using Zekti Lavan Vidar Reactors to decide modding capacity.
  • Do not include polarities on Avionics. We do not want restrictions and to forma yet another system.
  • Put hp, shield, armor, max energy capacity and efficiency on repairable railjack components, not on the frame or on the rig. Leaves more modding slots for cooler mods like abilities.
  • Allow player to restore ship flux energy though the forge or by generating excess energy on the frame (for example if you pop Zenurik on your frame who has full energy, the energy over cap is leaked into the ship, same with energy orbs looted in the ship. Energy from the player is not substracted when using RJ abilities, meaning once the player has to leave helm, he can do so with full energy.
  • Keep the old looking grid system when you are in a drydock, but allow us to equip them as mods when in the orbiter or in areas where there is no drydock console.

7 hours ago, (XBOX)TehChubbyDugan said:

Swapping from a grid that used Dirac to upgrade slots to the tedious, grindy, non-modular, unforgiving Forma system not only absolutely sucks for RJ/plexiwhatever/harness modularity, but it means I now get to not only do that grind back over to get my avionics back to where they currently are, but I have to do it spending Forma, re-leveling over and over and over when you already made the intrinsics grind a massive pain that I've also already slogged through, and I lose all modularity since the Forma system locks you into a build.

This is an absolutely awful change.  The RJ grid wasn't great but it was 100% a step in the right direction.  You have all these mentions of less grind highlighted throughout the workshop post but you're literally increasing grind and player cost by utilizing the polarity system with forma.  Absolutely hate it.

Yeah. We need clarity on the new Harness System. Build flexibility is going to be a pain. Instead of being able to put any build you want, you are going to be limited on what polarities you already put. Worst case, when stuff changed, you have to polarize your harness all over again.

lets talk about how you have screwed up railjack

the plexus: a system that is based off of the modding system already established that well require formas and constant releveling which will mean that there will be more of a grind which is counter to the claim that you are decreasing the grind. unless you make it to where formas don't reset the levels on the plexsus i would much rather deal with the current system we have, atleast i won't have to grind for days to get a setup close to what i have already.

battle/tactical abilities being fuel by warframe energy: you are basically just saying that unless you are running zenurik with energizing dash, which is a grind to get anyway, you need to have use energy syphon which at best for a solo play means a generation rate of 0.6 energy per second which means that if an ability costs for example 100 energy it will take 166.67 seconds to be able to cast it on energy syphon alone, effectively meaning that there is no point in even having such abilities unless you use energizing dash or energy restores, now about energy restores if one was to use large energy restores on that same 100 energy cost in order to use that ability it would require 9000 credits, 500 polymer bundles, and 3000 nano spores just to build a single 10 x energy restore blueprint and only be able to use the ability 40 times, yet another relocating of the grind, now a problem of the energizing dash and the energy restores is that you will constantly have to get off of the pilot seat or gun that you are using just to deploy/use each of these methods which will destroy the flow of railjack because you will never be able to stay in the positions as you are constantly getting just to use them, there for i would again much rather stay with the current system.

in closing if you continue with these ideas that you have here i see no reason to even bother with any railjack content for the this point on because we are either going to have to grind more just to use any of these things at all. these two issues make me want to keep the current railjack system because it is at least playable, unlike what you are proposing here with these changes.

On 2021-03-08 at 9:03 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Full details on Railjack Mod conversions will come in the Update Notes!

In the latest live stream, you mentioned some might find this conversion problematic due to forma famine. May I suggest deploying the Plaguestar event to alleviate this.

I find the Plexus idea to be really immersion-breaking (which takes some doing, given how bizarre Warframe is). It gives me a twitch in one eye.

But whatever, eventually I'll get over that. The bigger problem is that, as I was looking at my Railjack earlier tonight, I realized that all of my avionics appear to be...gone. The grid is empty and my upgraded avionics mods are nowhere to be found. I haven't looked at my Railjack in more than a year, so maybe I missed some change. Otherwise, I hope it's just a glitch.

Archived