Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: Corpus Proxima & The New Railjack

[DE]Rebecca

12 minutes ago, Jacco426 said:

Can i get refund of the 24 railjack equipment slot i bought yesterday? :((

i saw the patchnote when i finished grinding the 30 equipment :(((((((

2days wasted

i dont want time back but at least plat?

I did the same thing, have like 40 slots now. Oh well, its an investment in the future I guess. lol

8 minutes ago, (XBOX)UnlinkedGiant said:

So whats changing with the railjack reactors

see below

On 2021-03-08 at 3:03 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Now - let’s talk about Reactors. They exist to give you Avionics Capacity, and Flux Energy. Both of those things are now removed, so the new role of Reactors is to provide Power Strength, Range, or Duration buffs to Railjack Battle Avionics being used aboard the ship!

let’s talk about Reactors. They exist to give you Avionics Capacity, and Flux Energy. Both of those things are now removed, so the new role of Reactors is to provide Power Strength, Range, or Duration buffs to Railjack Battle Avionics being used aboard the ship.

So will you be providing us with the new mods to compensate for the reactor that that we farmed for hours to get. That now you will be removing? Oh will we have to go back and Farm for each individual mod again?

2 minutes ago, (PSN)Da_Kine_99 said:

let’s talk about Reactors. They exist to give you Avionics Capacity, and Flux Energy. Both of those things are now removed, so the new role of Reactors is to provide Power Strength, Range, or Duration buffs to Railjack Battle Avionics being used aboard the ship.

So will you be providing us with the new mods to compensate for the reactor that that we farmed for hours to get. That now you will be removing? 

reactors are not removed, they will be giving Power Strength, Range, or Duration. Notice how there is 3 buff type and 3 type manufacturer of railjack parts

42 minutes ago, TwinDrags said:

Looks like we had a similar question :)

She starts to explain a bit earlier in the stream then the timestamp you link and says if all 6 slots have something you build.... and then says rockets do not count as wreckage. Which is the same contradiction I mention.

21 minutes ago, smashedwookie said:

reactors are not removed, they will be giving Power Strength, Range, or Duration. Notice how there is 3 buff type and 3 type manufacturer of railjack parts

That part I understand but I was wondering about the modding, if it's going to be straight standard or is it like how we have, continuity  intensify, and stretch for our Warframe. Will this be mods? and will they be available to us, be purchased or would we have to go out in our railjack and farm them?

I'm excited for this to hurry up and come I just want to be prepared so I could just jump in..ya know👍🥳💯

There ya have it. DE still giving PC preference over console. And I quote Steve, "because we can send updates to PC by the minute." Like many devs (cyber punk 2077) putting emphasis on Pc but not focusing on all platforms equally. Pc will get the 29.10 in a couple of weeks and console not for 3months and still be missing stuff.

4 minutes ago, (PSN)Da_Kine_99 said:

That part I understand but I was wondering about the modding, if it's going to be straight standard or is it like how we have, continuity  intensify, and stretch for our Warframe. Will this be mods? and will they be available to us, be purchased or would we have to go out in our railjack and farm them?

I'm excited for this to hurry up and come I just want to be prepared so I could just jump in..ya know👍🥳💯

it should work like it currently does for all the different manufacturer parts but using power/range/duration as the variable stats. Highly doubt there will be mods affecting those stats on top of the ship reactor.

43 minutes ago, (NSW)SLPspace said:

Correct me if im not understanding this right, but if railjack energy will be tied to warframe energy, how will that work with Hildryn or Lavos?

On 2021-03-08 at 12:03 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

What about Lavos / Hildryn, and why Warframe energy - seems scary!
Firstly, Lavos and Hildryn are all up and running with cool downs and Shield-as-energy on Railjack, respectively. Secondly - yeah, it is scary! It’s a big change, and the Warframe Energy economy is a much different world than Flux. There have been some seriously great responses to this part of the Dev Workshop, and when we caveated everything in the workshop with ‘expect changes’, we had it in the back of our minds that this part would be most at risk for thrash. This answer serves one purpose: to let you know what we are reviewing this right now, and we will provide details on any plan revisions when they are final. 

30 minutes ago, (XBOX)Vamma Takayn said:

There ya have it. DE still giving PC preference over console. And I quote Steve, "because we can send updates to PC by the minute." Like many devs (cyber punk 2077) putting emphasis on Pc but not focusing on all platforms equally. Pc will get the 29.10 in a couple of weeks and console not for 3months and still be missing stuff.

Because Consoles need to have the updates certified by the console's manufacturers. If the update isn't certified, DE cannot implement the update until it passes the certification. Additionally, PC players are technically the test-cluster for console players. Anything we stumble upon, DE will ship those fixes for the Console players so they don't suffer these issues as much as we do initially.

2 hours ago, TwinDrags said:

Rebecca replied to someone asking if the rocket launcher counts as a wreckage and said no. Timestamp of her reply

Though I do want some clarification if that only means the default non-tier rocket launchers, do tier I-III rocket launchers count for Tier 3 Early Adopter reward?

Components and Armaments (Ordinance included) from the Dry Dock Research do not count because you built them from scratch; they're not Wreckage you found out missions, which you can repair or Valence Transfer. Wreckages are referring to the House Variants of the Armaments and Components (Vidar, Lavan, and Zetki), never the Sigma variants.

23 minutes ago, (XBOX)Vamma Takayn said:

I mean, they can do it not because they don't value others, but because PCs are generally beefier hardware wise and it's easier to update the server every few minutes. Console updates have to be approved by Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo respectfully before they take effect. 

I have probably missed it but this seems an important point.  Is the T3 Early adopter gained from having repaired 6 wreckage (which I have done, though most of it was low tier and useless and has been scrapped) or is it requiring all slots filled with repaired wreckage? (which I do not have because the stuff from the dojo is better than some things I have gotten to drop)

damn, I'm not gonna get qualiied for the early adopters, because I didn't know I had to invest into the grid, and not avionics themselves, even though all the avionics I use are maxed out, and every wrekcage slot is filled with stuff I built

5 hours ago, xDangerCatx said:

Quoting to make sure DE see this, not that I expect them to take it away but just in case...

Without upgrading the turret intrinsics so I have the full view without the ship in the way, gunning would make me really sick.  Hope you're keeping the "visuals" the same when you move the turrets.

Same, the way they worded it on the post has me worried some. Dont want to get sick from someones erratic flying :(

38 minutes ago, (XBOX)Vamma Takayn said:

Funny.

Not the ha, ha version.  More of the "oh lord, why must I read this" kind of funny.

1) PC promises nothing, and the quality upon release with DE is often....less than ideal.

2) Consoles have a lag between updates, because they have to pass qualifications.  Basic qualifications like it won't cause crashes, or prevent login.  Anyone who's played this game long enough will have experienced at least one update that borked things and actually required manually deleting and re-initializing updates.

3) Why exactly do you think there's a PC community versus consoles?  Let me be abundantly clear, it's because DE can push a 60% update and patch.  Remember, a 60% patch with consoles is expensive to push and if it fails certification it'll mean more scrutiny in the future.

Now, why do you really want to be a pre-beta tester for DE?  So that you can get the latest content a few days earlier?  Perhaps Railjack 3.0 will finally be what Railjack 1.0 was promised to be about three years ago.  Maybe, this time, it'll not be so buggy that people will make endless memes.  Or far more likely it's another baby step forward that will have immense teething issues, and PC will act as lab rats to more finely tune things.  Oh joy....I get to pay money to get platinum, to have the honor of being a pre-beta tester.

My point is that this cuts both ways.  Consoles whine about a later release.  PC whines about all of the utter broken garbage that is "acceptable."  Maybe instead of an exasperated laugh we can just stop this backwards blame game, and simply force DE to be better.  I've tried that for more than 5 years....and I'm not holding my breath about this time being any different.

10 minutes ago, ScottStaten said:

I have probably missed it but this seems an important point.  Is the T3 Early adopter gained from having repaired 6 wreckage (which I have done, though most of it was low tier and useless and has been scrapped) or is it requiring all slots filled with repaired wreckage? (which I do not have because the stuff from the dojo is better than some things I have gotten to drop)

Their statement was a bit misleading (and should've used "e.g." instead of "i.e.", and it'd still be wrong), since there is no wreckage to repair for the Ordnance slot. It was just used to justify what would otherwise seem like an arbitrary number. "6. Why 6? Because there's 3 component slots and 3 armament slots." So no, you don't need to fill all slots, you just need to have repaired 6 wreckage. If you want to play it safe, have 6 repaired Mk III wreckage in your inventory, but given their loose definition, repaired and then scrapped Mk I wreckage should count as well (keep an eye on further FAQs though).

I would like a "damage-to-railjack"-system that would force a player to go outside to repair X. Either as a result of specific damage (from bigger enemy ships?) and/or from normal damage left un-repaired, or damage while shields are down. Or something. If such "outside-damage" were coupled to effects on speed, turn radius, gun/gun turret movement, usage of abilities etc. it would create nice and tense "situations".

Just imagine having to park your Railjack close to some suitably sized space debris in order to get some cover from a horde of enemy fighters while having to go outside and repair your engines, as the rest of your team try to keep the enemies at bay.

Streamlined op farming with god-tier equipment is beyond boring, and even failing a mission occasionally is far from the end of the world. So what we really need is some real exciting gameplay, and that translates into hair-raising situations where you hang on by your teeth and failing is a really real option. While not all of the new RJ will be like that, just let something like that exist out in RJ space. 

27 minutes ago, NPLT said:

damn, I'm not gonna get qualiied for the early adopters, because I didn't know I had to invest into the grid, and not avionics themselves, even though all the avionics I use are maxed out, and every wrekcage slot is filled with stuff I built

None of us knew back then, and that's not why we upgraded our grid ;-) It just made sense in terms of investment. For me, initially it was so I could swap in various Avionics and have them start out at a higher rank due to the upgraded grid slots, vs just upgrading a few Avionics and being stuck with them. Once I figured out which Avionics I wanted I upgraded them. And then later on when I had Dirac to spare, I fully upgraded all grid slots just to get the full effect out of any Avionics I put in them.

As for your current situation, scrap unused wreckage and extra Avionics and go run missions. You should have your grid fully upgraded in no time. Or at least within the next week or two.

7 hours ago, Melanholic7 said:

Necramechs sucks. Just saying, Clunky, Slow - they feels very bad. Dunno why you add them here -_-

I felt the same way initially, but during the Orphix Venom event I put a few Forma into both Necramechs, got most of the mods I wanted/needed, and now they're actually fun to play and feel quite powerful. Still a bit clunky though, but that's part of their story, being the older tech that came before Warframes.

Even if you'll never feel that way, there are (more than a few) players out there who do enjoy using them. Why not let them use their Necramechs in Railjack missions? 

On 2021-03-09 at 11:47 AM, [DE]Rebecca said:

What about Lavos / Hildryn, and why Warframe energy - seems scary!
Firstly, Lavos and Hildryn are all up and running with cool downs and Shield-as-energy on Railjack, respectively. Secondly - yeah, it is scary! It’s a big change, and the Warframe Energy economy is a much different world than Flux. There have been some seriously great responses to this part of the Dev Workshop, and when we caveated everything in the workshop with ‘expect changes’, we had it in the back of our minds that this part would be most at risk for thrash. This answer serves one purpose: to let you know what we are reviewing this right now, and we will provide details on any plan revisions when they are final. 

To be honest, I believe the idea of making the Railjack's Battle Avionics reliant on cooldowns instead of being dependent on Flux Energy (currently) and later our own Warframe's/Operator's energy would be a better solution. This is what Tactical Avionics are doing, despite being more of bonus abilities. That frees up the need to equip frames with high energy capacity (i.e Volt Prime, Saryn Prime, Chroma Prime, Wisp, Baruuk, etc.), while having the players use their Battle Avionics more carefully and precisely.

Le 08/03/2021 à 21:30, Tyreaus a dit :

My inner support-lover adores this change!

Is this just a change in naming convention, is the entire Railjack damage system being reverted to "vanilla", or is it just the primary elements that are being switched to their "vanilla" counterparts (and secondary elements are staying 'procless')?

If it isn't a total reversion, are there thoughts in the Dev team about unifying both damage systems? Maybe not reverting all Railjack damage types to "vanilla", or vice versa, but tweaking both for a "best of both worlds" sort of feel?

Also, it seems even DE forgot about chem being more of a "radiation" equivalent... 

I'm at 10/9/9/8 in intrinsics  if I remember correctly, and I've played railjack for a while (less lately), I've got pretty much everything maxed (to the point of having MULTIPLE cases of having a SECOND +60% BONUS of the "same-weapon-same-house"MK3 , just in case I got to equip it on both side turrets AND cockpit turret), And what I remember from carcinnox is the fact it drove enemies crazy, making them target each other, and while having a slight projectile delay and a little less damage, the fact that those crewship would start going crazy over their own ships was a great way to avoid some damage... 

Also, I think the "particle" damage type's status was supposed to reduce enemies armor... A.K.A. corrosive. (might be wrong on the name though)

Is this just some miscommunication or are the damage types going to be really totally redone, leaving the Railjack players with no way to make enemies go crazy and no way to corrode their (sometime) outrageously high armor ?

I mean, we're supposed to get some consistency out of this update, and this seems a bit weird to change the effects AND the name... while renaming the "chem", it should probably become some sort of "radioactive plasma shots", "radiation" for short, while keeping its effect. (also, both chemicals AND radiations can be carcinogen, so it stays ok with the name)

For the particle one, the corrosive bit might be tricky to get out of the current new name without going fully for "corrosive"...

Unless the change is to make it disappear... Players do have Fire left to temporary reduce enemy armor (thanks to new status effects a while ago), maybe DE wants to remove the stack of both elements, but it should be told as such, as the current name equivalence is confusing.

4 hours ago, MuddyCon said:

How is this difficult? lmao JUST GOTTA ZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

I read through my own post and the linked thread. I can't find an instance of calling any of this "difficult." It's clumsy and unnecessary. There's no benefit to having three separate movement speeds + Blink when "slow with guns" and "fast without guns" + blink would suffice. There's also no benefit to having a short-ranged dodge and a Blink when the Blink covers the ground of both. I'm aware that Vector Manoeuvre breaks missile lock (for what little that matters), but there's no reason Blink wouldn't. And if non-forward blinks feel too long to use for just dodging, those could easily have shorter range.

There's no point in bloating control inputs solely for the sake of retaining legacy systems which no longer matter. Look at Archwing controls. They don't have Fly + Boost + Drift + Blink + Dodge. They have Fly, Boost, and Dodge, with a forward dodge occasionally serving as a blink. Railjack could learn from that, and should have prior to release.

Archived