Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Live! Where is Update 29.10 (on PC, at least)?

[DE]Rebecca

7 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

There’s a massive 46-pages worth of notes. It’s big

Its too big.  I have been meaning to point this out for a while and it requires an essay but I don't have time to write it atm.

Pace yourselves. 

The last several updates have been massive mechanical and content drops requiring hours of reading and grinding, completely supplanting any daily routine formed for the game.  Its exhausting.  They dwarf new frames and PAs so much that those releases are boring distractions.  Find a way to split these up, turn on systems in phases, so every release is equality interesting.  We cannot keep going with one massive release about every quarter.

This lack of pacing results in long lulls which makes the content drops I should be excited about seem all the more insurmountable. 

Just my .02cr   This is just what I'm feeling and I don't want to because I'd rather just have fun playing the game.

24 minutes ago, Sahysa said:

Its too big.  I have been meaning to point this out for a while and it requires an essay but I don't have time to write it atm.

Pace yourselves. 

The last several updates have been massive mechanical and content drops requiring hours of reading and grinding, completely supplanting any daily routine formed for the game.  Its exhausting.  They dwarf new frames and PAs so much that those releases are boring distractions.  Find a way to split these up, turn on systems in phases, so every release is equality interesting.  We cannot keep going with one massive release about every quarter.

This lack of pacing results in long lulls which makes the content drops I should be excited about seem all the more insurmountable. 

Just my .02cr   This is just what I'm feeling and I don't want to because I'd rather just have fun playing the game.

Or you could simply pace yourself with the content dropped by these large updates and not rush into it in a frantic manner the second it drops?

6 minutes ago, Kamachi said:

Or you could simply pace yourself with the content dropped by these large updates and not rush into it in a frantic manner the second it drops?

A reply indicative of what I was afraid of being brief.  I do pace myself.  I don't even have this PA done yet. 
DE can only do so much.  If they continue to drop massive releases at massive irregular intervals, they will continue to shake off players in the deep drought.  The larger the release, the more reasons there could be for people to not want to renew their investment and keep on doing what they are doing, in WF or otherwise. 

The wave must be smoothed. 

3 minutes ago, Sahysa said:

A reply indicative of what I was afraid of being brief.  I do pace myself.  I don't even have this PA done yet. 
DE can only do so much.  If they continue to drop massive releases at massive irregular intervals, they will continue to shake off players in the deep drought.  The larger the release, the more reasons there could be for people to not want to renew their investment and keep on doing what they are doing, in WF or otherwise. 

The wave must be smoothed. 

That's a fair point. I doubt anyone would complain about smaller updates at more regular intervals.

Yh but what about console players? it`s like we don`t get a chance to give any feedback besides bugs, someone on console could point out something that PC players haven't. It`s not right and it`s not fair if a new wf comes out PC gives feedback but when we get it no improvements have been made based on console feedback. 

When you introduced the cursor feature, (which we didn`t ask for) their was an uproar and console players as a whole asked you to remove it, some ppl were even leaving because of it and you didn`t even listen, if you tested it by using a controller and if you cared, you would have known how bad it (currently) is, it`s not everything consoles needs to get and vice versa it`s obvious that the cursor addition was made for a mouse and not a controller.

You need to start including console players and actually test things on consoles before releasing it.

A bug that been in the game for years is that Ash`s teleport can`t consistently open humanoid enemies to finishers and so called Ash mains don`t care coz they use his augment to cover up the issue (which augments is not meant to be used) and just use him in steel path all the time, this bug has been in the game too long and needs to be fixed.

Let`s see if you will listen to a console player and fix this.

10 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

We also have a preview of how we are handling post-Update release feedback and bugs with a new Community Board - check it out! Some of you might remember some board experiments back in the 2015/6 era. We think a per-update strategy better suits our operations and are trying it out this year with our first major Update.

Keep that idea :)
Good Step! Keep going!

Also: I really missed the fact that there were no Beta Cluster Testing with this update... Since it brings major changes to the RJ System major bugs as they are currently still present are very likely... 🤔

8 hours ago, DrivaMain said:

But legally, the game IS in BETA. So you can’t sue DE about “unfinished content” in court.

A court of law? No. The court of public opinion? Hell yes. If something's been in beta for 8 years and is still riddled with half-decade old bugs, that does not speak well of the developers' prowess

Also, I really REALLY hope that they're still not going through with the "large spaceship's special powers are fueled solely by the tiny little man-thing piloting it", because Hildryn is objectively the superior option (no cooldowns, "energy" regenerates on its own at a very high rate). The base game's energy system is already completely worthless as a balancing mechanic. Railjack was supposed to be a completely fresh start that would allow the game balance to start off on the right foot (hence the new damage types, different abilities and weapons, different mods and complete lack of carryover between Warframe gear and Railjack gear). Shoving the broken Warframe energy system into Railjack is not how you do things.

11 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

We also have a preview of how we are handling post-Update release feedback and bugs with a new Community Board - check it out! Some of you might remember some board experiments back in the 2015/6 era. We think a per-update strategy better suits our operations and are trying it out this year with our first major Update.

This is fantastic Rebecca, one of the thing that kills my enthusiasm for bug reporting is feeling like they disappear into a hole, never to be seen again. I hope this ends up as something that isn't too laborious to manage.

That said, could I make a request: while I know that you'll want to keep the new bugs separate and front-and-centre, please, please allow us to visibly log old bugs as well, even if they are left on a separate segment as not being the focus, because there are so many things that I've been longing to report but haven't done so because of the perception of prior reports not going anywhere (I stress "perception", I know a lot happens that we don't see).

I get that some things aren't a priority or are messy to solve but even a "wontfix" marker is better than radio silence (at least for me as a dev myself)

Thank you so much for the updates on the well... the update and also for your hard work, i am extremely excited for the command intrinsic and also the fact that we now have dry docks in relays :D.

Here's hoping you guys would be able to deliver it at the time you have proposed and here i wish everyone at DE good luck and a nice day <3

It is a good day to die, some of the old time gamers will remember this. ( cheat code of an old game )

Today we get an ultra mega enormous update and the cherry on top Zack Snyder's Justice League ( not trying to start a Marvel vs DC war i like them both universes)

14 minutes ago, g0thv4mp1r3 said:

It is a good day to die, some of the old time gamers will remember this. ( cheat code of an old game )

Today we get an ultra mega enormous update and the cherry on top Zack Snyder's Justice League ( not trying to start a Marvel vs DC war i like them both universes)

Justice League Snyder cut is already out, now we finish day with Warframe update

Archived