Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Crafting time outdated?

AnnoyingBanana

Why after all these years we still have to wait 12h, 24h or even 3d for stuff to finish crafting? It made sense when game was fairly new and there wasn't so much content. Now when we have 70+ warframes, like 500 weapons and bunch of other stuff, and pretty much everything in this game has been changed since it's launch why do we still have this outdated crafting with stupidly long times? It would make more sense that items would require 3h-1d to craft. And no I'm not a new player, I've played this game pretty much since day 1 it was released on steam, this current account I registered in 2014 (not sure why in forums it says february 2015).

2 minutes ago, AnnoyingBanana said:

Why after all these years we still have to wait 12h, 24h or even 3d for stuff to finish crafting? It made sense when game was fairly new and there wasn't so much content

Amount of content has nothing to do with craft times. They are there to encourage you to spend money. Free to play games do this kind of thing.

its a time gate mechanic as your wanting to remove the time gate cause there now more content to the game than when it was released, which is not much of a valid reason.
crafting time remains how it is cause of the new an old players, to stop players from having the ability to instantly craft anything when ever they want.
DE wont change the standard craft times as its been something that has been set in stone to keep the longevity of the game. 
but hey if you want to play a game where you can craft anything instantly which is pretty much what your saying , having older players get reduced crafting times.

it says that as you most likely joined the forums back in 2015

11 minutes ago, (XBOX)ShadowBlood89 said:

its a time gate mechanic as your wanting to remove the time gate cause there now more content to the game than when it was released, which is not much of a valid reason.
crafting time remains how it is cause of the new an old players, to stop players from having the ability to instantly craft anything when ever they want.
DE wont change the standard craft times as its been something that has been set in stone to keep the longevity of the game. 
but hey if you want to play a game where you can craft anything instantly which is pretty much what your saying , having older players get reduced crafting times.

it says that as you most likely joined the forums back in 2015

I didn't say instantly, but greatly reduced times, to like 3h instead of 12h, 6h instead of 24h and 24h instead of 72h would be more appropriate and people probably would still rush crafting almost as much as now. Hell even just halved crafting times would be fine. And this so called time gate is just a time in which people are not even logged into the game.

1 minute ago, AnnoyingBanana said:

I didn't say instantly, but greatly reduced times, to like 3h instead of 12h, 6h instead of 24h and 24h instead of 72h would be more appropriate and people probably would still rush crafting almost as much as now. Hell even just halved crafting times would be fine. And this so called time gate is just a time in which people are not even logged into the game.

it would be pushed to instantly as soon as DE would reduce the time there would be others demanding to be even shorter an then another group demanding yet a more reduced time.
The idea of the time gate is not situated for just one set of players, its for both casual an hardcore players.
If players could build stuff way faster than what they can now it would also lead to people demanding to be able to take mastery rank tests much sooner.
OH look i passed mr so an so oh wait >:C why cant i do the next test i already have enough mastery LET ME DO IT NOW. 
Crap i failed the test .... what i have to wait 24 hours thats stupid i should be able to redo the test as many times as i want.
Without time gates we would burn through quests, mastery ranks, weapons, within about 2 weeks an then no one would want to play.

DE is not thinking just about the now portion of the game but rather the now an future of the game.

The crafting times have not bothered me at all as when i get a new frame building i get :D so happy inside knowing in afew days i will have a new toy to play with.

Your gonna most likely bring up the fact DE greatly reduced the build times an costs on the railjack parts which was greatly needed to allow players to get into railjack much easyier as it was situated in a point where it felt like it was more of a end game player only thing which DE did not want.
As they wanted it to be more accessible to all players of any play time.

vor 24 Minuten schrieb (XBOX)ShadowBlood89:

DE is not thinking just about the now portion of the game but rather the now an future of the game.

DE is thinking about their wallet. That's fine, the game needs to make money somehow, but please let's not pretend that's not all that this is.

vor 3 Minuten schrieb (PSN)Madurai-Prime:

It's not outdated, some people just lack the ability to plan ahead or have issues with patience or are just bored and "want it now" just because. When a frame is being built there's other things to do in game or even just making a handful of stuff before you go to work etc.

For a lot of people there's absolutely a massive difference between finishing a frame Friday night or Sunday night that isn't merely impatience or "wanting it now". Not everyone is no-lifing the game 24/7 or a child who can game away their afternoons.

36 minutes ago, AnnoyingBanana said:

You and all ppl here have miss conception about craft times

I would assume yeah its for us to spend plat but i dont see/know ppl actually rushing crafts unless they really want X frame or weapon and they know they gonna use them

99,9% of time ppl i know dont rush at all since they will be in the game anyway even if they dont rush so whats the point?

You see longer time to wait for something meant u will be coming back to game for longer period of time

Example
Lets say you need idk 300 days to craft everything trough natural course of NOT rushing stuff gathering it and all the resources if your are most effiecient

Now lets cut in in half so you need 150 days IF you are most efficient
And by most efficient meant you split your gameplay day to grind BPs farm plat farm resources and craft the hell out of what you can as soon as possible

Not much gameplay left for you after that 150 not because you dont have anything to do in warframe but because you have nothing to GAIN from warframe anymore

Idea is for us to have purpose to come back i like warframe but other than 3 challenges/achievements left for me there is nothing for me to do in this game other that SP and sortie

I dont launch the game to just play i launch it to do these 2 daily chores and gtfo im done

But before that i remember i kept playing each day seeing in my profile there is piece of equipment i did not master yet (ranked to 30 or 40 in some cases) 
And that keep me playing grinding collecting stuff and planning my next move day week 

And then comes ppl like who say there is no end game in warframe because after you get all you can get what is left for you to do?

I got like 4 or 5 legendary cores i wont ever sell since i swim in plat i swim in endo i swim in credits i swim in resources i dont need to grind farm or get anything from this game
There is no reason for me to casually play and many ppl feel the same and imagine how fast i could hit that state if craft times were cut by even 1/3

Now imagine same scenario for tons of players who would play for idk half a year and then get bored and just quit where normally they would play for over idk 3 years?

Now ask yourself as owner of a business would you want your customer to do business with you only for half year or 3 years?

Thats why so many programs services offers periodic discounts for subscription

Longer you stay less you pay and warframe being F2P needs that kind of crafting times so we stay with it longer

Yeah i would love to craft new warframe after update in idk 1 hour hell even 24h for 3 parts + main BP would be cool 

But i do understand importance of why its how it is and so should you

Did all you guys who insist that this is "for the longevity of the game" and not to get people to pay to skip the timer ever stop to wonder why you only ever see this kind of mechanic in free-to-play games where you can pay to skip the timer?

10 minutes ago, Krankbert said:

Did all you guys who insist that this is "for the longevity of the game" and not to get people to pay to skip the timer ever stop to wonder why you only ever see this kind of mechanic in free-to-play games where you can pay to skip the timer?

Theres a lot of things. For starters, free to play games care about daily usage, because they need daily usage to get spending players.

Suscription based games need monthly usage, not daily, thats why they sell monthly suscriptions, or even 60 days or more, no less (hello wow who just removed 30 day payment options for non suscription based usage).

Pay to own games need you to just buy the game, after that if you leave the game and never spend a single second of server time will be ok as long as you dont complain or generate new issues for them.

Because of how monetization works, each kind of game have a specific mechanic that its always there, and in free to play games its time gating. Be it for money, for longevity or what not its irrelevant, ITS ALWAYS FOR MONEY, on all games. No single company makes a product that costs thousands of millions of dolars for funz. They do it for money and money alone, if money also bring another added benefit so be it.

Warframe its no exception, but lets not dismiss the fact that on this kind of game design the best desicion IS time gating stuff with the fact that its also part of the monetization, both are true and not mutually exclusive. And both are needed for the game to be alive unless you change the monetization to a new system where said time gating stuff are no longer needed to keep the service alive.

13 minutes ago, Krankbert said:

For a lot of people there's absolutely a massive difference between finishing a frame Friday night or Sunday night that isn't merely impatience or "wanting it now". Not everyone is no-lifing the game 24/7 or a child who can game away their afternoons.

And there's also a massive difference between how different games operate. You don't have to no life a game to plan ahead and say "I may want to try Lavos this weekend, let me start building him now." 

2 hours ago, (XBOX)TyeGoo said:

Yeah it's because of me. I have no issue stating this in public. 

And this person is right: 

It just works. 

I'm rushing stuff that has a timer of 60 seconds on a regular basis. 

---

Sorry, I guess.. 

I applaud your honesty, and thank you for making sure the devs don't starve to death so we continue to have a good game to play.

2 hours ago, Kaotyke said:

Because it still makes people with no patience click the Rush Button.

It works.

Especially when the game has reached an age where the ingame premium currency has become heavily inflated. Rush costs are mostly trivial in the grand scheme of things these days.

There are two reasons for the wait timers; and both are fairly important for a F2P game:
First is that it encourages people to spend plat on rushing which gets it out of the system and encourages spending money on plat.  Its one of the more common plat sinks that exist for the heavily inflated plat floating around the PC market.

Second, and arguably more important, is that it works to engrain warframe as a daily habit and keep the game in your mind.  This dramatically decreases the chance that you'll drop the game.
Basically Warframe tells you "Ok you have to come back tomorrow to enjoy this weapon" or "You have to be back in a few days to pick up this new shiny warframe" or "Come back in 23 hours to claim this forma!"  This gives you a reason to sign in the next day and works to keep the game in mind as you go "Oh yeah, I have X building in warframe right now!"
Over time this keeps you coming back day after day after day to check your foundry.  After a short time of this it just becomes a habit to sign into warframe day after day even if you no longer have anything building in the foundry.
In that way it works as a player retention method.  And one that has been proven to work in game after game after game.
After all it really isn't all that different from daily dungeons or energy bars.  They work to give you a solid reason to come back again and again instead of just handing you everything instantly.
Its a method that works for player retention.
And is a bit annoying?  Sure.  But does it work while being fairly minimal in its annoyance?  Yeah.

3 hours ago, Krankbert said:

Not all games with delayed craft timers actually allow you to directly skip it. In some games, the way to skip the crafting process is buying it from another player that went through it.

4 hours ago, AnnoyingBanana said:

this current account I registered in 2014 (not sure why in forums it says february 2015).

Forum account creation date isn't the day you created your account. Before they reworked the account management page, that is where you could see the age of your account. For some reason the redesign got rid of it.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb (PSN)Madurai-Prime:

And there's also a massive difference between how different games operate. You don't have to no life a game to plan ahead and say "I may want to try Lavos this weekend, let me start building him now." 

Sure, because starting to build a frame is about clicking the button on the forge, not about getting the blueprints farmed. Because you already did that on the day the frame was released when you were playing all afternoon, right?

2 hours ago, Tsukinoki said:

There are two reasons for the wait timers; and both are fairly important for a F2P game:
First is that it encourages people to spend plat on rushing which gets it out of the system and encourages spending money on plat.  Its one of the more common plat sinks that exist for the heavily inflated plat floating around the PC market.

Second, and arguably more important, is that it works to engrain warframe as a daily habit and keep the game in your mind.  This dramatically decreases the chance that you'll drop the game.
Basically Warframe tells you "Ok you have to come back tomorrow to enjoy this weapon" or "You have to be back in a few days to pick up this new shiny warframe" or "Come back in 23 hours to claim this forma!"  This gives you a reason to sign in the next day and works to keep the game in mind as you go "Oh yeah, I have X building in warframe right now!"
Over time this keeps you coming back day after day after day to check your foundry.  After a short time of this it just becomes a habit to sign into warframe day after day even if you no longer have anything building in the foundry.
In that way it works as a player retention method.  And one that has been proven to work in game after game after game.
After all it really isn't all that different from daily dungeons or energy bars.  They work to give you a solid reason to come back again and again instead of just handing you everything instantly.
Its a method that works for player retention.
And is a bit annoying?  Sure.  But does it work while being fairly minimal in its annoyance?  Yeah.

Clearly doesn't work for me tho.
Has happened to me multiple times that after like 3-6 month break I come back and see that I have warframe/weapon in foundry crafted and I remember the reason why I took the break, started crafting the item and then just forgot about it and didn't log into the game for few months. :D

1 minute ago, AnnoyingBanana said:

Clearly doesn't work for me tho.
Has happened to me multiple times that after like 3-6 month break I come back and see that I have warframe/weapon in foundry crafted and I remember the reason why I took the break, started crafting the item and then just forgot about it and didn't log into the game for few months. :D

I did that with Gauss.... 😝.... Started the Craft in the Foundry.... Logged off.... Logged back on 9 Months later and Claimed Him....

I suppose Craft times suck if you're really Excited about that new thing but I usually am Not.... I mean I am but there's always some other Grind I could be Doing while I wait....

40 minutes ago, Krankbert said:

Sure, because starting to build a frame is about clicking the button on the forge, not about getting the blueprints farmed. Because you already did that on the day the frame was released when you were playing all afternoon, right?

It was over the course of a few days, because I didn't no life the content. I have the stuff to build him, but I haven't because I just forgot and don't desire to play it at the moment. I did, however, want to play another frame, and had plans to put multiple forma in them, so I built them last week and happened to get an affinity booster at login a couple days ago, so I took that opportunity to throw 2 forma in them and try them out. No rushing involved, just regular self control and patience.

vor 8 Minuten schrieb (PSN)Madurai-Prime:

It was over the course of a few days, because I didn't no life the content. I have the stuff to build him, but I haven't because I just forgot and don't desire to play it at the moment. I did, however, want to play another frame, and had plans to put multiple forma in them, so I built them last week and happened to get an affinity booster at login a couple days ago, so I took that opportunity to throw 2 forma in them and try them out. No rushing involved, just regular self control and patience.

Cool story bro. You realize this conversation is about craft times in general and not about how they apply to you personally, don't you? No one cares that you weren't bothered by the three day craft time because you didn't want to play Lavos anyway.

That's also not planning or patience or self-control, that's just plain disinterest.

Just now, Krankbert said:

Cool story bro. You realize this conversation is about craft times in general and not about how they apply to you personally, don't you? No one cares that you weren't bothered by the three day craft time because you didn't want to play Lavos anyway.

You realize you can have the most outlandish and unrealistic expectations about how the game should be and no one is obligated to grant your requests, right? 

You guys got a grand total of 1 hour removed from forma craft times, after people suggesting 1 hour total craft times , 6 hours total craft time etc. Just because you have a life and think a frame should be 6 hours to craft doesn't mean that's gonna happen.

Archived