Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lich corpus update flop?

Vaml77

After what I saw on Devstream about the lichs and weapons I have an almost distinct feeling that this update isn't going to impress much. For several reasons that I will mention here. The first is that it will share the prominence with weapons, the new kuva weapons that are coming and also why grinner weapons are the most popular among players. Corpus weapons in general are not interesting and naturally little used. If we analyze the corpus weapons that will gain new variants are forgotten weapons and without charisma before players such as the cycron, the flux rifle, the tetra (one of the worst weapons ever made), and what is left is the arca plasmor. I think DE should release a new variant of opticor, lenz and staticor. I mentioned the opticor because the vandal variant disappointed me a lot. I wouldn't even call the vandal opticor a variant but another weapon. The feeling I have is that many will initially want to take the new kuva weapons and leave the corpus later on. I don't see myself putting 5 shapes into corpus weapons that no one has ever liked....

Its just my opinion.

1 minute ago, (PSN)SolarPhantom82 said:

Jus got wait to everyone finds out they have to forma each weapon 5 time.  Even after rebb said in an interview they they would do that agine. ..   but DE will do it to sell forma packs   cause MONEY. .

I know DE need to sell formas....but the corpus weapon its disliked a lot by players in general. Kuva weapons are interesting and fun...but corpus weapon....ugh -.-

3 minutes ago, (PSN)SolarPhantom82 said:

Jus got wait to everyone finds out they have to forma each weapon 5 time.  Even after rebb said in an interview they they would do that agine. ..   but DE will do it to sell forma packs   cause MONEY. .

plague star provides built forma, relics provide forma bps, lua puzzle drops built forma, railjack also provides forma. if you cant farm forma its not de making you spend money to get it. the next plague star is right around the corner too.

17 minutes ago, Vaml77 said:

If we analyze the corpus weapons that will gain new variants are forgotten weapons and without charisma before players such as the cycron, the flux rifle, the tetra (one of the worst weapons ever made)

the nukor was one of the worst grineer weapons till its kuva variant. the granum weapons are not to snuff at, if they have similar alterations we could see a new meta side arm or primary replacing the tenno cedo and the grineer kuva nukor, the tenno kronen is not grineer either, lenz was previously one of the primaries i would see most, lanka was prominent in early eidolons, and the previous strongest melee omha seeing its main use during the disruption event being meta to high score runs. dont knock a weapon manufacture because they are off meta currently. 

14 minutes ago, (PSN)SolarPhantom82 said:

Just wait to everyone finds out they have to forma each weapon 5 time.  Even after rebb said in an interview they they would do that agine. ..   but DE will do it to sell forma packs   cause MONEY. .

Just open some relics if you're low on forma, it's not like they're rare to obtain

Sorry OP but everytime I see one of your threads it's very clear to me that unless a weapon is instantly OP, in your mind it's worthless and complete trash. You seem to play this game only to farm the very highest meta gear and then ignore the rest of the game so chances are very high you're not going to enjoy many updates. You sure you're playing the right game?

11 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Sorry OP but everytime I see one of your threads it's very clear to me that unless a weapon is instantly OP, in your mind it's worthless and complete trash. You seem to play this game only to farm the very highest meta gear and then ignore the rest of the game so chances are very high you're not going to enjoy many updates. You sure you're playing the right game?

This is not the problem...the problem is fun...and corpus weapon in general are very unfun.

I like for example kuva seer, kuva kraken...not only OP weapons you said. I like a lot vulkar wraith and dont like much rubico prime.

Before judging someone, think first...

Are any of the aforementioned Corpus weapons inherently unfun in a way that can't be fixed through stat balance?  None of these variants are going to have the same stats so a weapon that isn't fun because the fire rate, recoil or reload time just isn't quite right for the weapon feel you like may get a variant that feels and/or plays completely differently, such as the Nukor and Opticor variants.  The only guaranteed relation they'll have to their namesake will be appearance and inheriting any mods such as Rivens, but at minimum disposition.  The current Tetra may be a bad weapon but that doesn't mean the new variant will be.

54 minutes ago, (PSN)SolarPhantom82 said:

Just wait to everyone finds out they have to forma each weapon 5 time.  Even after rebb said in an interview they they would do that agine. ..   but DE will do it to sell forma packs   cause MONEY. .

Getting Forma isn't really a problem, but the regrinding it 5 times over and over is frankly annoying. It's not enjoyable, it's boring.

45 minutes ago, Vaml77 said:

This is not the problem...the problem is fun...and corpus weapon in general are very unfun.

I like for example kuva seer, kuva kraken...not only OP weapons you said. I like a lot vulkar wraith and dont like much rubico prime.

Before judging someone, think first...

Oh I thought first believe me. I judge you from your previous threads not just this one where you have basically rubbished everything that isn't meta. But I don't see this as a complete flop in this case, not every weapon will appeal to every person and what you find un-fun, others may well find fun. Matter of fact I can't think of a thread you've made that isn't calling something new either boring, a flop or a waste of time.

1 hour ago, (PSN)SolarPhantom82 said:

I think we all already know this and many of us have plenty of forma and don't really care. It is slightly annoying to forma them again and again but not the end of the world. Though I do agree that I think it's the wrong direction for DE to go in general.

53 minutes ago, Slayer-. said:

Though the other two Flux Rifle and the Tetra what were DE thinking. :facepalm:

Flux Rifle I got into recently.  I'm not going to claim it's super interesting, but it's moreso than the vanilla Kraken, Hind, or Karak were, IMO.  

Tetra that could actually kill things would be hilarious fun for a while.

1 minute ago, Tiltskillet said:

I wonder if the Parvos Tetra will be compatible with Kinetic Ricochet...

Might be a semi-viable pinball gun.

10 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

Flux Rifle I got into recently.  I'm not going to claim it's super interesting, but it's moreso than the vanilla Kraken, Hind, or Karak were, IMO.  

hey maybe you could finally use that one augment from nightwave for tetra, its an exilus too

Archived