What is the proper response to player who afk during missions?

Thawfoot

Question

So more then a couple of time while in public groups... ive had, hate to say this Wukong player,.. who either dont leave the spawn.. or rush to the exit and seem to afk the entire mission..

Now i get real life stuff happens... and some time you just have to deal with things NOW...  but it seems to be a real trend.

So far i been just placing them on ignore to avoid that player if they dont respond to any questions... or just dont move

is this the proper way to handle this?

Tia

Edited by Thawfoot
typos

Too bad we cannot "train" mobs properly in WF. Used to be the ultimate anti-afk/anti-bot tactic in many MMOs.

Still remember the days I spent running around doing it to gold farmers in OG vanilla WoW out in Azshara around the Satyr camps etc. Best way to deal with them since we couldnt kill our allies and the likeminded horde "friends" werent always around when needed. Though that was epic too, communicating through emotes to have a truce so we could kill gold farmers effectively.

Yeeesh! That was years ago!

• Like 2

Take frequent screenshots of their position and the scoreboard, alternatively take a video of the entire mission.

Send it to support and report them as AFK, they probably won't get banned instantly, but they do get a warning in their ingame inbox which should scare them off from doing it again.

• Like 2

vor 11 Minuten schrieb Thawfoot:

wow  i thought ignore keep them from matching up with you...

well guess back to solo or invite only again

Learned something new i guess

just join a new mission. missions are almost always very short and you don't lose anything.
The problem is that you can't always prove afk. With me it happens every now and then that little child screams and I don't always press alt + f4. Auto-kick would be better after 2 minutes and other players MUST ALWAYS be able to join the game! because now it is a pure epic fail with replacement players.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 16Bitman said:

Take frequent screenshots of their position and the scoreboard, alternatively take a video of the entire mission.

Send it to support and report them as AFK, they probably won't get banned instantly, but they do get a warning in their ingame inbox which should scare them off from doing it again.

but that requires you to put in More Effort than the inconvenience of an AFKer in public is worth.

The amount of time they slow down the mission is trivial versus the amount of time you spend having to compose evidence and email support.

why should I cause myself Even More Inconvenience for their sake? I'd rather just get to my game.

1 hour ago, Thawfoot said:

So more then a couple of time while in public groups... ive had, hate to say this Wukong player,.. who either dont leave the spawn.. or rush to the exit and seem to afk the entire mission..

Now i get real life stuff happens... and some time you just have to deal with things NOW...  but it seems to be a real trend.

So far i been just placing them on ignore to avoid that player if they dont respond to any questions... or just dont move

Tia

Just play the mission and don't lose any sleep over it.

It only affects your enjoyment if you Let It.

• Like 1

1 - talk to the player directly in squad chat, no need to be offensive but ask him to play, usually this makes players move, this is especially likely if the player had a afk warn before or knows the consequences of afk, they will gain a suddent burst of energy.

2 - if they don't move, take screenshots and send a support ticket later. Support can access mission data and can see exactly what players did, including animations, movements, etc and will apply their own judgement and decide if the user is warned or not.

3 - it is unlikely you will ever see the player again, in part due to the volume of players in the game, but also because players doing afk are on the verge of quiting warframe, without you doing anything they will quit, if not then a warn seals the fate and players quit voluntarily because they can't bother to play afterwards and yes they are forced to do so, if they afk again then the account is nuked.

Edited by KIREEK
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

Just play the mission and don't lose any sleep over it.

It only affects your enjoyment if you Let It.

I mean if someone is going to play with others they expect them to put some effort or else what's the point of joining a squad, The act is reportable ya know?

If you don't care about playing with others and them not doing anything then that's you.

• Like 2

If I notice it early I quit out and block them. If I feel like going through the hassle I report them with video evidence.

If I notice it later I stand inside them and tea bag/get them killed until the next reward cycle and leave, followed by the steps above.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

but that requires you to put in More Effort than the inconvenience of an AFKer in public is worth.

The amount of time they slow down the mission is trivial versus the amount of time you spend having to compose evidence and email support.

why should I cause myself Even More Inconvenience for their sake? I'd rather just get to my game.

That's true, I imagine it's harder to move screenshots to a support ticket on PS4/5 too especially.

Judge for yourself if it is worth reporting.

Low ranks that are already bored of the game and will quit the game before the warning even reaches their account? Not worth it.

Some high rank on the way to 30 with a full loadout of rank 0 weapons with Limbo/Inaros on a Sortie def? Report coming right up!

Short single moments of AFKing are fine, but if they cram themselves into some corner to still leech affinity and frequently come back to avoid the AFK timer and collect loot, I start taking screenshots. "1 kill, 0% damage, 300 pickups" on the scoreboard are pretty obvious for DE support.

It's funny when people catch on that you're taking screenshots, had someone on a recent Gift of the Lotus Alert using the sit emote in a safe spot on the map, after my third visit to them, they really tried their hardest to be a good team mate!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Thawfoot said:

Tia

He won't get rewards if he is afk and does nothing.

You will eventually find people afk in base if he has a low spec PC and needs a lot of time to load, and he might have forgot about It if he is doing something else while loading the game. You will also may find this if you someone forces to start a mission with someone afk in orbiter at the end of the last mission.

Different is the situation that the other guy travel to the end zone and stays there doing nothing, if that is the case, you can try reporting him, but you dont know if he is with some of your squadmates in a group a talking and trying different things, as this game is not PVP, It is more complicated to clarify what happens and how people should play.

What type of mission you have had the problem?

Remember, many people plays pve games cause the can leave for a minute or two the game open to manage REAL LIFE problems.

3 hours ago, 16Bitman said:

Some high rank on the way to 30 with a full loadout of rank 0 weapons with Limbo/Inaros on a Sortie def? Report coming right up!

I suppose you don't know how weapon systems works with mastery rank. I can have a rank 0 weapon as powerfull as level 30. The only difference is on formas and mods I can apply due to formas, so reporting for not having their weapons level up on a sortie is not a reason to report somebody, and that type of things, when not explained properly, are creating this negative cloud in warframe in the last years.... 

This game is not competitive, don't try to play like you can play LOL, apex, CS, COD..... You may be like that only in events, and in those cases, the best way is to find people on recruitment chat and explain your strategy.

People in this game play with different styles, and only a few are baneable: like insulting someone in the chat.

Trying to pain others to satisfy yourself may say enough about that type of people.

Edited by lhardy
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, lhardy said:

I suppose you don't know how weapon systems works with mastery rank. I can have a rank 0 weapon as powerfull as level 30. The only difference is on formas and mods I can apply due to formas, so reporting for not having their weapons level up on a sortie is not a reason to report somebody, and that type of things, when not explained properly, are creating this negative cloud in warframe in the last years.... 

This game is not competitive, don't try to play like you can play LOL, apex, CS, COD..... You may be like that only in events, and in those cases, the best way is to find people on recruitment chat and explain your strategy.

People in this game play with different styles, and only a few are baneable: like insulting someone in the chat.

Trying to pain others to satisfy yourself may say enough about that type of people.

You suppose wrong!

Yes you can have powerful weapons at rank 0 at a high rank, but it's still an instant red flag if you take a warframe that can easily AFK, even under heavy enemy fire, that doesn't mean I instantly write a support ticket as soon as I see them, if I'd do that, support would've canned my access to them long ago.

This game is cooperative, which means I expect you to contribute, or at least try to.

NOT playing this game for 10 minutes after selecting a public mission is one of those few banable "styles" (after a great amount of repetitions of this "style").

I never tell other people that I am going to report them, I never tell people that I will report them once I have gathered enough evidence, I put these players on my ignore list and never exchange a word with them. Pressuring other people into doing what you want under the threat of a report is reportable itself.

I make sure to report all players who are afk for extended periods of time. As in, I'm not going to start taking screenshots if someone's standing still for 15 seconds.

Why? Because if I don't report them I might as well tell them they're not doing anything wrong and that their afk method works. Ignoring bad behaviour in an online game is the same as encouraging it.

Nova portal them around the map and off edges. This person who afk'd in Hydron and then zoomed around after each wave to grab the loot got extremely mad at me when he found it hard to move...

LOLZ.png

Edited by -CdG-Zilchy
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Nova portal them around the map and off edges. This person who afk'd in Hydron and then zoomed around after each wave to grab the loot got extremely mad at me when he found it hard to move...

LOLZ.png

I like this approach

basically instead of letting it bother you to the point you need to go on the forums and rant

he instead Has Fun with the Situation

not letting an AFK-er ruin his day, instead seeing an Opportunity to play a new mini-game.

1 hour ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

he instead Has Fun with the Situation

not letting an AFK-er ruin his day, instead seeing an Opportunity to play a new mini-game.

Indeed I do. 😛

It was pretty funny watching him attempt to jump and being put back in place each time, he even tried to roll out.

• Like 1

Hi,

Personally, I announce to the player that I will make a ticket on his status of afk player directly on the DE support.

At this point, either he moves and it's still a bluff. Either he does not move and too bad for him.

I take a screen of the player's account and a screen of where the player remains but also a screen of mission stats.

At the end of the mission, I go to: https://digitalextremes.zendesk.com I open a ticket. I choose report user or Hack.

I explain the how, why and the player id. I choose Afk player well and I add the screens.

Voila, I participated in cleaning up this new cancer of online video games.

14 hours ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

Say nothing to them, take screenshots send to support.

13 hours ago, 16Bitman said:

13 hours ago, KIREEK said:

1 - talk to the player directly in squad chat, no need to be offensive but ask him to play, usually this makes players move, this is especially likely if the player had a afk warn before or knows the consequences of afk, they will gain a suddent burst of energy.

2 - if they don't move, take screenshots and send a support ticket later. Support can access mission data and can see exactly what players did, including animations, movements, etc and will apply their own judgement and decide if the user is warned or not.

3 - it is unlikely you will ever see the player again, in part due to the volume of players in the game, but also because players doing afk are on the verge of quiting warframe, without you doing anything they will quit, if not then a warn seals the fate and players quit voluntarily because they can't bother to play afterwards and yes they are forced to do so, if they afk again then the account is nuked.

Under what category do you guys usually report afkers? Griefing?

3 minutes ago, Kraethius said:

There's a report afk option when you make a ticket.

By "ticket" you mean something different than "report player"?

Where do i access it? Because reporting player by clicking their in-game name doesn't have option for afk.

• Like 1