Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Arsenal Divide: Changes & Follow Ups

[DE]Rebecca

1 hour ago, (PSN)LK-4T4 said:

Every game has grind. How else are you supposed to get it?

Just have it handed to you? Big pass.

Your semantics are literally worthless. Do you have an actual argument or is this your best attempt at junior high justification, because that's literally what it is.

The 2.8-5x base buff was to compensate for melee's near infinite damage ceiling being no longer infinite. Several members of the forum provided video thereof of said changes in long form missions, and the literally only salient comeback was "DE doesn't want infinite missions" because it was right there in black and white. Now, we're told oh this content is so endgame, it should take three to four hours per chance to acquire. You're literally punishing players for playing your game "at endgame content". It isn't difficult, it's just tedious.

It is the job of a developer to provide opportunities for engaging gameplay.

It is not the job of game developer to enforce logistical scarcity based on a near meaningless sample of the playerbase, many of whom were handpicked because they deliberately avoid point blank criticism.

+500 login rewards and holiday rewards are just handed to you btw, so maybe try coming up with an actual argument.

50 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

How many Vitus Essence will each Mod cost from Arbitration Honors?

20 Vitus Essence Each. If you'd like to wait until the Sisters of Parvos Update launches, it will increase the Vitus Essence drop rate from 3% to 6% from the Drones. Note that for consistency the Vitus Essence will also disappear after 5 minutes if not picked like Steel Essence as previously announced. Heads up! 

This is great news! I also appreciate the attention to bringing some acquisition consistency between Steel Essence and Vitus Essence as currency resources within higher level content. With that said, can Steel Essence be added to rotation rewards to compliment Acolyte drops similar to how Arbitrations have rotation rewards complimented by the Drones? Steel Essence rotation rewards would be varied to house similar gains across all endless and non-endless game modes.

On 2021-06-19 at 8:29 AM, Voltage said:

When an item like Vitus Essence and Steel Essence drop in this fashion, players who are not as optimized as others still get the fallback progression of mission rewards while players who are geared for the mission get slightly better rewards for their effort. This also creates value in non-endless missions as players may not see an Acolyte in a short mission but still make progress on their Steel Essence inventory.

Thank you as always for the communication on changes being made before the update.

On 2021-06-22 at 2:02 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

FAQ:

How many Vitus Essence will each Mod cost from Arbitration Honors?

20 Vitus Essence Each. If you'd like to wait until the Sisters of Parvos Update launches, it will increase the Vitus Essence drop rate from 3% to 6% from the Drones. Note that for consistency the Vitus Essence will also disappear after 5 minutes if not picked like Steel Essence as previously announced. Heads up! 

6% is still pathetically low, 10% would have been respectable, also you cannot have more then 5 drones on the map, so if a drone gets stuck or bugs out making it unkillable, you will get less drone spawns. Make BOTH Vitus And Teshin shops have the Galvanized Mods, if Kuva is a reward in Both Shops then why not these new mods.

9 minutes ago, (PSN)IndianChiefJeff said:

Since you guys are so obstinate when it comes to direct weapon buffs, can I please use my Stug like a baseball bat? If I'm going to use a meme weapon, might as well use it in the most efficient way possible.

True story, I took my Stug into a Steel Path mission one time, it did hurt them, though I think it was because they got a stitch while laughing so hard. 🤣

I could see the bar above their head just slightly move after emptying every piece of Stug ammo into their heads. :facepalm:

On 2021-06-22 at 11:02 AM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Vitus Essence will also disappear after 5 minutes if not picked like Steel Essence as previously announced.

Where was this previous announcement made?

If its in the video, please fix the video so I can actually view it. Its still locked behind an arbitrary age-restriction unlike all the past dev workshop videos.

Honestly why announce these changes without a test cluster or livestream demonstration? All these workshops do is relieve backlash from content you know the community will not approve as a whole. Are these workshops designed to pump us up like tennocon or calm us down over time for when the real update releases? Every other time you release new content you show us what is coming in the dev streams in one form or another. So why do content drops that will anger the community end up as four different forum posts over multiple weeks. This workshop is not released nor was a live dev build shown so why was the workshop delayed till Friday? No one would know if you have yet to finish any of the problems with the workshop because all we have to see is ambiguous patch notes. I don't want to see damage control workshops from a video game company I want to see the video game and the changes within. In my opinion 99% of the backlash could have been avoided by being up front and showing us these changes. Letting the community see or experience these changes would have made a WORLD of a difference. If the new ideas are not fully flushed out maybe don't even tell us. With unconfirmed and ambiguous information we have to imagine what the update will be like and I know you know our community has a very vivid imagination. 

5 minutes ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

Did they say the cost initially? I may have missed it outside of the updated note

No. I just expected similar or more expensive pricing in line with current offerings in the Arbitrations store.

Thank you for the heads up, Reb.

Everyone needs to keep in mind that the 3-6% change is a 100% bonus in terms of consistency. You can take the number you used to get, in average in an 30min run (or whatever) and effectively double it.

15 minutes ago, _Akasha said:

Thank you for the heads up, Reb.

Everyone needs to keep in mind that the 3-6% change is a 100% bonus in terms of consistency. You can take the number you used to get, in average in an 30min run (or whatever) and effectively double it.

Pretty sure that's not how the math actually figures out. By your thoughts, that 1-2 that I've gotten in 30 minutes runs are now going to be possibly a whole whopping 3-4. And that was when I did have resource boosters going.

I'm sure the people doing SP runs can confirm that they get a lot more steel essence in that time.

We are talking net averages, yes, that is exactly how it works out.

I am sorry to hear you get so few in a run tho. Not sure why that is tbh. I have never run them in a squad but I imagine they are better that way as there should be more drones. It probably just comes down to kill efficiency ( I only run the survivals and interceptions)

In 30mins on survivals, I average 9 - 15.

In 100 kills you might see 1 to 6 drops in the current system after it may look like anything from 3 to 12

First off, thank you DE for actually reading the feedback to the coming changes. Moving the mods to the arbitration store seems a good start, putting them in both the arbitration and steel path stores would be even better. It doesn't hurt anything if we can choose which one to farm. Even though very few issues have been addressed yet, it makes me feel cautiously optimistic that the rest of the issues won't go unnoticed either before the update comes out. 

I still agree with the majority here that the new mods will not solve the problem, and the whole on-kill mechanic problem has been explained here often enough, so i'll just hope you guys really test these things a few more times, on different guns, and without any bonuses just like a normal player would have to use them. 

One thing that I don't see mentioned a lot since the announcement is the changes to glaives. There's not many of us glaive users to begin with, but that doesn't mean our favorite weapons should become useless just because the majority is focusing on other areas. Please give these changes a thorough testing as well. And do so on the steel path. Yes, glaives have a bit more base damage than for example swords. But while throwing the glaive, you have nothing left to defend yourself up close, so you need to not just partially hit, but kill the enemies before they reach you. Making this process slower by increasing the heavy attack speed while also doing less damage will make these weapons unusable against high level enemies. And as someone said before, why do all glaives have to suffer just because the glaive prime with its slash proc is a bit too convenient? I have literally never seen anyone else in a mission use the same glaive as me. I doubt weapons like the orvius are overused. And I've also never experienced any "accidental" throw when I was trying to do a normal melee hit. But even if that happened, it would still hit the enemy right in front of me, no harm done. Imo, that doesn't justify turning a weapon that has a nice flow between hitting, charging and throwing into a clunky, slow weapon that won't be much fun to use. 

Players complaining about vitus drops, do not know what farming them efficiently means, and by that,  I mean: tileset, faction, mission type and squad composition. You can't complain that you get 3 or 4 vitus in 30 minutes if you run solo survival arbi. You gotta learn how to farm them efficiently, otherwise, you're better off running steel path

Am 22.6.2021 um 20:10 schrieb ScionNinja14:

What do you mean why. How are people supposed to get mods to kill steel path enemies by farming the steel path which they can't kill enemies in? Makes perfect sense to me to put it in between steel path and normal star chart

Yeah that makes so much sense, I somehow acquired thousands of steel essences while not being able to kill the enemies, that makes so much sense!

Oh and if you think arbitrations are easy, you are in for a treat :D, because you either live with horrible drop rates (till 45 minutes in) or great drop rates and content way harder than Steel Path. Arbitrations are the only content in game, where you can actually fail a mission without stupidity being involved.

vor 7 Minuten schrieb FuriousRat32:

Players complaining about vitus drops, do not know what farming them efficiently means, and by that,  I mean: tileset, faction, mission type and squad composition. You can't complain that you get 3 or 4 vitus in 30 minutes if you run solo survival arbi. You gotta learn how to farm them efficiently, otherwise, you're better off running steel path

Why not enlighten the players with your wisdom?

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Jesterof_Chaos:

Pretty sure that's not how the math actually figures out. By your thoughts, that 1-2 that I've gotten in 30 minutes runs are now going to be possibly a whole whopping 3-4. And that was when I did have resource boosters going.

I'm sure the people doing SP runs can confirm that they get a lot more steel essence in that time.

Well, you can run the daily SPs for about 25 steel essence per day (with boosters), which sums up their numbers pretty fast. Other than that, it is down to 4-8 SE every 5 minutes in endless (with boosters + cat buffs).

Just now, Dunkelheit said:

Why not enlighten the players with your wisdom?

there's plenty of arbitration guides out there, but to be polite I will make an example:

infested defense

on a map that has decent visibility and not many obstacles (sedna defense dark sector/mercury defense dark sector/europa def dark sector and so on)

as for squad composition, there's plenty of setups that work, but for the sake of the argument I'll provide an example: khora, banshee, speed nova and a healer, trin/oberon or wisp if you feel adventurous

keep in mind, there are plenty of other good squad setups you can run

vor 1 Minute schrieb FuriousRat32:

there's plenty of arbitration guides out there, but to be polite I will make an example:

infested defense

on a map that has decent visibility and not many obstacles (sedna defense dark sector/mercury defense dark sector/europa def dark sector and so on)

as for squad composition, there's plenty of setups that work, but for the sake of the argument I'll provide an example: khora, banshee, speed nova and a healer, trin/oberon or wisp if you feel adventurous

keep in mind, there are plenty of other good squad setups you can run

Does Khoras CC work against mobs shielded by drones as well?

I would have gone with infested as well, because they outrun their invul drones, making them useless. Oberon with augment would be my pick as well, due to invul, speed Nova, yeah, why Banshee?

Thanks a lot for the insight

4 minutes ago, Dunkelheit said:

Does Khoras CC work against mobs shielded by drones as well?

I would have gone with infested as well, because they outrun their invul drones, making them useless. Oberon with augment would be my pick as well, due to invul, speed Nova, yeah, why Banshee?

Thanks a lot for the insight

if an enemy is shielded by a drone, there is no frame ability that can work on it, as far as I've seen

banshee provides weakspots on mobs, so the tougher ones can be easily killed (ancients); admittedly though, if the players in squad snipe down the drones, khora's whipclaw can delete the remaining enemies even without the help of banshee

Archived