Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Arsenal Divide: Changes & Follow Ups

[DE]Rebecca

2 hours ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

Well a lot of people don’t like steel path.

so regardless of what store it goes to people are going to be upset.

Huge difference there is that the mods and arcanes that are being added are to address some of the problems that make people dislike the Steel Path. I've played plenty of games where you get the gear intended for that mode or level range while playing that mode or level range, so it's not like that isn't a normal design philosophy. Arbitrations, on the other hand, are remaining the same. No fixes to address the reasons people dislike or avoid it at all, just throwing mods that are required for a different mode that is completely unconnected from and unrelated to it. Which is why a number of people have said that these mods need to be available in multiple locations, not removed from Steel Path all together.

8 minutes ago, Ceryk said:

Huge difference there is that the mods and arcanes that are being added are to address some of the problems that make people dislike the Steel Path. I've played plenty of games where you get the gear intended for that mode or level range while playing that mode or level range, so it's not like that isn't a normal design philosophy. Arbitrations, on the other hand, are remaining the same. No fixes to address the reasons people dislike or avoid it at all, just throwing mods that are required for a different mode that is completely unconnected from and unrelated to it. Which is why a number of people have said that these mods need to be available in multiple locations, not removed from Steel Path all together.

Arbitration’s are technically easier than steel path as the enemies have significantly less EHP. So out of the 2 modes it makes more sense to put the mods behind the easier one.

because putting them behind steel path makes as much sense as putting amp upgrades behind Eidolon hunts. Except an a much larger scale as amps don’t impact the entire game, just a select portion of it.

People really need to stop trying to compare SP to new game+ modes in other games. In theory, yes it is basically that. However in a normal new game+ I can take what ever weapon I was using at the end of the normal game and use it just fine. Most players can't currently do that with SP. The added armor and other add-ons in SP make it closer to a new game++ for most players here. These mods are "supposed" to help most players guns to be viable in SP. Locking them into SP just makes the reason for them moot, since people are being forced into the melee meta just to farm them, again the one thing these mods are "supposed" to help alleviate.

I am in no way saying Arbitrations is the correct answer either. Others have gone on and on about how flawed that mode is too. So there needs to be a third option instead that will allow all players obtain these mods, without forcing people into one play style, in this case hard melee, or another.

Everyone is so focused on it being SP or Arbis that they refuse to even think of that.

A previous comment asked why DE moved the new mods from SP to Arb, since "literally no one asked", to address that, just check the prior Arsenal thread in this forum, also there was a Reddit thread with a few hundred upvotes, check that too, (though many in the comments expressed reservations) and the access to the mods being in SP were brought up by a few different Warframe content creators. It was a popular sentiment floating around. I have seen far more backlash since... so... wha happened? 

Well, all three original Workshop threads had criticisms and counter suggestions, its not like all of them are being changed/listened to, if there are people who are still unaware that people weren't asking or suggesting this, then they probably wouldn't know to voice disagreement/objection to such changes. Often people don't vocalise as much if they are happy with something, they are louder when they are unhappy. If I had to guess, thats what happened here. 

Someone else mentioned the "Steel Path Cat Elitists" or something. From what I have heard from some others in this forum (meaning I don't have first hand experience, so I might be wrong, feel free to correct me) you can do the same Smeeta trick with Vitus Essence. What I can say from personal experience, is that with a good team, on an Infested Survival, Arbitration, I made way more Vitus Essence organically than in SP equivalents. Without Smeeta buffs, and with teams that know what they are doing, on certain mission types, certain enemies, the potential for the exclusive drop is much higher. Also isn't the rewards you get from Arbs better to sell for Plat? Look, if we go down the route of giving other players nefarious intent and motives, we naturally open up ourselves for the same suspicions. Then its just mud slinging accusations. There are probably a few players who have stockpiles of one or the other or both... but we should probably focus on the majority (who don't use such tactics) and those looking to try and get into Steel Path. 

Someone mentioned Arbitrations is better for new players/players wanting to get better for SP. I agree with the sentiment as far as accessibility and helping more people, but ehhh. If I claimed that new players would most benefit from the mods being locked behind Happy Zephyr? We can't just take that for granted. We also have to be weary of speaking on behalf of players as well. Then also weary of individuals talking on behalf of groups in general. I don't envy DE here, its a hard task to try and use feedback alone (without data from the game stats) to try and figure out player behaviour, because sometimes we can't/don't articulate or express ourselves optimally. 

Steel Essence, sincerely, seems to myself, easier for people struggling to get. I would genuinely appreciate anyone who disagrees to converse with me. Here is some of my reasoning. Its the advantage of variety and selection. You have five dailies that guarantee SE. Some of those modes you literally do not have to kill enemies, some its just one enemy. Like yeah, one hour of Steel Path Survival might be harder than one hour of Arbitration Survival, but compare a simple Steel Path Capture to an Arbitration Lua Disruption? Disruption also pops up as a Steel Path Daily too, but you always have five to select from. At a minimum, since you aren't guaranteed SE, but you could also go to Steel Path Earth, Mars, Mercury etc for whatever mission types you prefer and wait for Acolytes. If you go to Arbitrations... and get Disruption... then Interception... then Defection... if you are good enough to get the equivalent Vitus Essence in those modes (meaning you are very efficient at finding Arby Drones, killing them whilst juggling the objective) then you would probably find SP really easy too. 

So what are other variables? Well the Arbitration route I mentioned, takes place over 3 hours... and assumes you are good enough to do them, including potentially solo, and if you load into someone else's game, (since playing with people is fun) but host leaves after first wave, you have to decided whether you want to risk host migration. With Steel Path, you can do all five Daily's in one hour, its not a big lost if host leaves, because if you disconnect, you still can redo the mission. Plus if you want the new Arcane's, you will want to do SP anyway. 

For transparency, I have a bunch of SE and Vitus, laying over. I enjoy both SP and Arbitrations. Where ever these new mods go, I am going to benefit. I even noticed more people playing Arbitrations yesterday, which was fun/great. I figure it was people wanting to start earning Vitus Essence for these mods, but its not really about me or any individual preference. Maybe I have an inaccurate idea of what other players find easy/hard, or maybe others have an inaccurate perception. Its eh. I like the idea it could be available in both stores, (though that might split the player base? I imagine its not an issue though) but I really think more options for players is good, especially since some of these quests are locked behind time walls (Arbitration an hour). 

2 hours ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

Arbitration’s are technically easier than steel path as the enemies have significantly less EHP. So out of the 2 modes it makes more sense to put the mods behind the easier one.

because putting them behind steel path makes as much sense as putting amp upgrades behind Eidolon hunts. Except an a much larger scale as amps don’t impact the entire game, just a select portion of it.

I think its far more accurate to say its technically easier in some ways. In many other technical ways, its harder, especially in the context of earning the rewards motivating play. Do you play Arbitration much? I don't mean that in an accusatory rhetorical way, I just want to compare our personal experiences, maybe we have had different experiences. Personally speaking, I come across players that seem to struggle a little bit in both Steel Path and Arbitrations, I usually assume because its lack of gear, inexperience, mods, arcane's, game sense, you know, things that people fairly without, will struggle with, versus once they have those things. Including myself. 

In my personal experience, when someone is struggling in Steel Path, its usually... because of a modding issue, they lack survivability and to a lesser effect, they seem unsure, unwilling or unable to pick a Warrame that can take advantage of the mission type. Like Vauban makes Steel Path Excavation, Mobile Defence trivial. In Arbitrations, those factors are still largely in play, but the modding one is less an issue, because as you say, enemies have significantly less EHP... (and this is important, I acknowledge) but many also don't have a solid grasp of the Vitus Essence/Arbitration Drone mechanics (kill them fast, know they can get stuck on architecture), or win/fail conditions (like if the Defence operative is following you, making sure to stick with your team, or keeping them alive versus traditional defence) and many don't seem to like or care for Defection, Disruption, or Interception. There are just other factors that have to be taken into account practically. 

I don't know the success rates of people playing solo, but I do know that I find it easier to revive people in Steel Path than Arbitrations, and I can carry better too (keep defence objectives/defectors safe) I can only assume if those people were playing solo they would just fail. If they are playing SP, they have more revives. 

If they can only play two hours a day because of other commitments, thats only two possible games of Arbitration, in game modes they might not like. Steel Path has at least five Daily's that guarantee SE, so even if two of them aren't that persons favourite quest type, they still have options. They can also do the non Daily SP missions, to practice/progress. Finding SP daunting? You can do Earth capture and slowly build up confidence/knowledge. Hek, if you have your On Call unlocked, you can even use them to kill the Acolyte for you. 

In terms of actual practice, and pragmatism in regards to "difficulty" I am skeptical on the idea that struggling players will find Arbitrations easier. Especially if they are solo, because in either case if they end up in a good group, they can be carried, but that also means being at the whim of others, but then also, if they end up in a bad group, well then it depends on mission types, and Arbitrations mission rotations, in my opinion seem harsher and tougher (for struggling players), unless its Survival. 

Putting the rewards behind Steel Path makes as much sense as putting the non Galvanised equivalents in Star Chart. Meaning a player who progresses through it moderately, will be at more of an advantage than a MR2 player on Mars, and a player who has completed the star chart will have more options. Meaning it actually makes a lot of sense. It only sounds funny when we phrase it to sound funny. Like I agree with you on Eidolons, but I would say the difference is specifically the difficulty curve. I think with Eidolon's the difficulty curve with certain items versus without is much steeper. Steel Path less steep, regular start chart, the less steep. 

2 hours ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

The meta is some humans with a lack of ability to plan, prepare, and use their wide game knowledge base (if they have one) to use the many tools available.

Somehow insulting others doesn’t engender me toward your way of thinking and by proxy, makes me resent the nerfs even more. Was that your intent? If it is then it’s working. If it isn’t then maybe you should apply to be a Dev XD

5 hours ago, master_of_destiny said:

It's not about feeling cheated, but DE slapping together 5-6 changed systems without any regard for how things work together.

That's Warframe's damage system in a nutshell.

DE just slaps a bunch of damage multipliers together with armor scaling acting as the glue that makes everything messier. The fact that the Original Condition Overload was shipped as an extra multiplier that was exponential with itself says everything.

Bleeds double dipping on bane mods.

So many "damage" mods and the words never conveys which layer of the multiplier spaghettis they apply.

Serration: +165% Damage

Charged Chamber: +40% Bonus Damage on first clip

Bane of Grineer: +30% Damage to Grineer

At face value, new players will just assume these all stack additively, but they don't.

DE needs to sit down and overhaul how all these random multipliers interact with each other while making clear indications of what part of the damage calculation they apply.

Something like Damage1 for Base Damage, Damage2 for Elementals, Damage3 for Critical Damage, Damage4 for Faction damage and things like Charged Chamber, Damage5 for Headshot multipliers. But typing it out, Warframe's damage system is clearly busted.

But if it were up to me:

• Damage1: Base Damage, Viral Proc Bonus, Critical Damage
  • Damage2: Elementals
  • +% Multi-shot gives same -%Accuracy
  • Headshot multiplier removed and replaced with +100% Flat Critical Chance on Headshot
  • Faction Damage mods reworked into weak combined elemental mods that don't mix (Bane of Grineer: +45% Corrosive, Bane of Corpus: +45% Magnetic, Bane of Infested: +45% Gas, Bane of Corrupted: +45% Viral)
  • All IPS bonuses increased from +50% to +75% with all negatives removed, all combined elementals decreased from +75% to +50%
  • Enemy armor scaling removed, Grineer Rollers now provide armor aura to allied units granting them old armor scaling and cannot stack (Gives Radiation an extra purpose against Grineer)

52 minutes ago, Jesterof_Chaos said:

People really need to stop trying to compare SP to new game+ modes in other games. In theory, yes it is basically that. However in a normal new game+ I can take what ever weapon I was using at the end of the normal game and use it just fine. Most players can't currently do that with SP. The added armor and other add-ons in SP make it closer to a new game++ for most players here. These mods are "supposed" to help most players guns to be viable in SP. Locking them into SP just makes the reason for them moot, since people are being forced into the melee meta just to farm them, again the one thing these mods are "supposed" to help alleviate.

I am in no way saying Arbitrations is the correct answer either. Others have gone on and on about how flawed that mode is too. So there needs to be a third option instead that will allow all players obtain these mods, without forcing people into one play style, in this case hard melee, or another.

Everyone is so focused on it being SP or Arbis that they refuse to even think of that.

These are good points to raise, but we can't assume 'everyone is too focused on something to refuse to consider something else', because we can consider it, but until we get the actual live versions, or find out the specifics and details... like lets say one new mod costs 20 Steel Essence? Then you can get that from one days (new update version) worth of Dailies, even if you don't kill any Acolytes. Some daily's you don't even have to kill enemies to complete. If they cost 200 Steel Essence, then ouch, yeah, I would agree even stronger with you about accessibility. If its 10 Vitus Essence, than thats different to if its 200, we don't know the specifics yet, so there is uncertainty about how practically difficult they will be to obtain. Which brings me to the other point. 

I strongly disagree that someone needs to force themselves into the melee meta to get the mods**. Do I think someone can take the Braton Prime and use it by itself to kill Steel Path enemies? No... but plenty of guns, if modded for the kind of enemy you will face (corrosive/heat for Grineer, having a fast firing Magnetic sidearm for Corpus for example) will do fine. Granted I acknowledge that many players may not have a good grasp of modding in this respect, and so this can be a barrier. That can be a conversation, but current mods and many current guns, can definitely do Steel Path, especially, especially the earlier planets. Thats without taking into consideration Warframe powers and abilities. Guns do even better if used in conjunction with Warframe abilities, many of them have armour strip, shield strip, CC, grouping/clumping effect, that open up more gun possibilities. Including the Braton!! I take subpar weapons into Steel Path all the time, and just rely on Warframe powers/abilities (depending on the mission). I consider myself very very average at the game. 

My point though, is that depending on how easy it is to get the Mods (20 SE vs 200 SE) expecting a person to be able to do a few Daily's or Earth Capture isn't too bad, but if its 200, then I totally understand why that would be difficult, just by virtue of being laborious. Its probably going to be something inbetween that. The more it is, of the latter, the more I agree with you about alternatives. Take care.

14 minutes ago, DealerOfAbsolutes said:

That's Warframe's damage system in a nutshell.

DE just slaps a bunch of damage multipliers together with armor scaling acting as the glue that makes everything messier. The fact that the Original Condition Overload was shipped as an extra multiplier that was exponential with itself says everything.

Bleeds double dipping on bane mods.

So many "damage" mods and the words never conveys which layer of the multiplier spaghettis they apply.

Serration: +165% Damage

Charged Chamber: +40% Bonus Damage on first clip

Bane of Grineer: +30% Damage to Grineer

At face value, new players will just assume these all stack additively, but they don't.

DE needs to sit down and overhaul how all these random multipliers interact with each other while making clear indications of what part of the damage calculation they apply.

Something like Damage1 for Base Damage, Damage2 for Elementals, Damage3 for Critical Damage, Damage4 for Faction damage and things like Charged Chamber, Damage5 for Headshot multipliers. But typing it out, Warframe's damage system is clearly busted.

But if it were up to me:

• Damage1: Base Damage, Viral Proc Bonus, Critical Damage
  • Damage2: Elementals
  • +% Multi-shot gives same -%Accuracy
  • Headshot multiplier removed and replaced with +100% Flat Critical Chance on Headshot
  • Faction Damage mods reworked into weak combined elemental mods that don't mix (Bane of Grineer: +45% Corrosive, Bane of Corpus: +45% Magnetic, Bane of Infested: +45% Gas, Bane of Corrupted: +45% Viral)
  • Enemy armor scaling removed, Grineer Rollers now provide armor aura to allied units granting them old armor scaling and cannot stack (Gives Radiation an extra purpose against Grineer)

Thankfully it's not up to you.

2 hours ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

The meta is some humans with a lack of ability to plan, prepare, and use their wide game knowledge base (if they have one) to use the many tools available.

you have a fundamental misunderstanding about the definition of meta.

hace 4 horas, HolySeraphin dijo:

All DE need to do is make the arcanes give mod capacity or convert it to weapon aura mods.

Would it be a bad idea if the exilus slot worked as an aura slot for guns? Like ... those mods are really easy to farm and some players already have them, but idk how the community would take it since that slot needs to be unlocked with an item or platinum.

I gotta be honest it seems like you all realized (going by the 12X on the arcanes) that putting combo on primary + secondaries would basically bring them up to par but why not just add universal combo and add ON headshot/kill mods that scale off combo?

12 minutes ago, (XBOX)Skullstachio said:

I believe a proper question is in order: How do you think Galvanized Savvy is gonna go down if used on Cedo since it's damage increases for each status effect on the target. Coupled with galvanised savvy, I can see a lot of conversation around Cedo.

Why would it, only reason would be because of youtubers making it popular and the players who know it's true potential, it's great as an alt fire status proc primary, it's an awesome quirky gun, it's about time we got something like this we need more quirky guns. 

I have an old shotgun that can clear a room of level 180 HG's in a couple of shots that doesn't get a mention because it's under the radar.

Don't worry DE designed these mods, if they see something getting a nose out in front of the pack they'll nerf tweak it soon enough. :tongue:

no mention of berserker, no mention of crit shotgun mod, no mention of what will happen to all the people that subsume all the warframes and max out helmint ok

honestly DE why are you wasting your time and ours, lets say for some miracle you pull this off and all the guns are super good, guess whats gonna happen in one month, two, six, one year your gonna nerf it anyway just like your doing with meele weapons, you need to learn to play the game DE that way can see the difference between meme and real game

16 hours ago, (XBOX)TheWayOfWisdom said:

So you must part of the "Arbitration Mafia" I guess, who have piles and piles of Vitus, and seek to convert all the piles into Galvanized mods and those into plat. /s

Baseless accusations are pretty easy. You assume malice when its far more likely that people who advocate for the mods to stay in Teshin's shop realize that it is actually easier for your average player to farm Steel Essence than Vitus.

I could probably be considered part of both, since I have piles of both Vitus Essence and Steel Essence. But I find trading under Warframe's system to be a bit irritating and boring, so I'm going to continue to sit on my piles like a Tenno version of Smaug.

I am not assuming malice, but I am assuming greed. Greed is the anti-thesis of fairness, and placing the new mods under Arbi & Vitus Essence makes them easier to get for a larger group of players, which is basic fairness. Personally I prefer the Steel Path to Arbitrations, both due to the mission variance and the later addition of the Acolytes. Even if there is no statistical difference between Acolytes and Arbi Drones spawning (over time), Acolytes just feel more reliable when they show up at a certain interval. And it is a lot more fun whacking at an Acolyte than whacking at an Arbi Drone. What I don't get is why they don't continuously increase in level, locking them to the mission level seems silly, like a handicap for "weaklings". Instead any (specific) Acolyte we kill should get a +100 level or a "+100% mission level" increase the next time it spawns in during the same mission, that would create a bit of needed additional excitement.

But this is a slightly bigger question than "it's all about me" isn't it, it is about what is "best for all". So kudos to DE for applying that viewpoint to the Galvanized mods delivery system.

12 hours ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

Yes. All ten thumbs up: 👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

A "live" graphical scheme/schematic in the Arsenal showing how the damage adds up in different steps as you add, move and remove mods would be a glorious addition to Warframe. Not understanding the damage system is probably THE most common failing among Tennos, and this is coupled with the added interest and "gaming value" players would get from tinkering with weapons when they actually know what they are doing. Making it easier for all to understand (and to mod the way the want) would be a superb addition to the game.

hace 10 horas, (NSW)Slyn_Vulpes dijo:

Blood rush was first an "Acolytes mods", it dropped first from Acolytes, which appeared temporary within their dedicated event. I'm well aware that nowadays it drop from Deimos, this is how I first got it, but firstly it dropped from that, which is what I was referencing.

I don't see the point of you calling them event mods if they are no longer that....

Buying mods from the Steel Path store in comparison is a lot less work

Wait for the actual numbers before saying that about DE....

That aside, I have no problem in agreeing that the mods were fine as is. But that in the end the nerfs will have little impact. (as you said : "melee stil go brrrr").

This is the original reason i comented. Fundamentally there wasen't any change in usage and the only thing killed off was attack speed that now instead of berserk we have to use primed furry.

hace 11 horas, (NSW)Slyn_Vulpes dijo:

Basically you're trying to make a separation that isn't there. Both are behind grind walls, and the chance that you get Berserker or Condition Overload without grinding specifically for them is slim. And buying them from other players is something that so far, can also apply to the Galvanized mods (I see no reason for them to not be available for trading... but then again I see no reason with the Amalgam ones either. But since they never specified, I assume we will be able to trade them). And that whole argumentation can also apply to the Kuva Nukor (specifically for a melee primer).

No one said they are not behinde grind walls , but the main diference is that one is being sold as a buff to a lot of weapons while the other is just being gutted for the sake of the feelings of animation director.

Don't get me wrong, art in general in this game is what is carrying them hard right now but i just doubt the fancy movements that take ages to perform without  any attack speed is a factor in player retention... <- This is coming from a player that mostly used and ejoyed melee from back in the stamina era....

On 2021-06-22 at 2:14 PM, (XBOX)TheWayOfWisdom said:

Please keep Galvanized mods in Steel Path. I can play any gamemode I want in SP at any time I want. Arbitrations mean you're stuck with a gamemode you might not like for an hour.

I actually love Arbitrations but you are 100% correct. These mods should be left in the Steel Path for this exact reason.  I actually forgot that you could only run one mission an hour this is insane.

Am 22.6.2021 um 20:02 schrieb [DE]Rebecca:

- Reduced MERCILESS Arcanes Duration from 6 to 4 secs

If the "on kill" bonus effects of the new mods and arcanes work like the default combo counter (after 4 sec without killing anything, your entire buff is gone all at once), this duration is too short. When a teammate dies and i have to revive them, i am going to lose all my accumulated damage increase stacks.
This would be much improved, if the bonus effect stacks behaved like the combo counter with Naramon Power Spike (after 4 sec without killing anything, one stack of the buff is removed every 4 sec). This way, keeping up the buff at max effect would still require the same average kill rate, but helping downed teammates would no longer be harshly punished.

In regards to melee changes, you mentioned the goal to make status based melee weapons a viable option, without having to rely on critical hits.
If that is the case, the same should be the case for guns. 

For status based guns to be viable when considering the new mods and arcanes, it would be important that "on kill" includes kills through a status effect caused by the weapon.

In order to incentivize players to use more than only one weapon throughout their mission, the argument could be made, that any kill by the player through primary and secondary weapons should trigger the effect of the merciless arcanes on both primaries and secondaries at the same time. This would also bring the merciless arcanes more in line with the other two, which have much longer duration on their effect and have a much lower requirement to reach full effect.

15 hours ago, Qamelion said:

This whole thing makes me really sad. Like, REALLY sad.
You know, years ago (until 2017), Warframe was an awesome Game. Pretty much one of the best games ever made.
Then DE started fiddling around with stuff. The current topic of 'arsernal divide' is another good example for the reoccuring problems in the game.
The game doesn't need these mods or the nerfs.
I hope one day DE understands that they have to fix problems at the root. And while doing so, they can add new Quests, Cinematics and other Content that
the community is asking for. You can't fix a moldy cake by adding tons of 'ok tasting' sprinkles on top of it. At some point the cake will break apart.
Oh.. btw:  the last emotional roller coaster I had was when the Lotus left. That is 3.5 years ago.
In germany we say:"Customer is king" but all I feel is:"I have my vision and you are unimportant!".
I hope you read this DE and take a second to thing about my statement.

I haven't played yet but I got this impression from friends that got ime into Warframe. They passionately desctibed me the mod system, warframe abilities, memes, community, DevStreams, etc. 
But Since I've started in May 2018 I see that connection between Devs and Community is less and less. DE has some kind of their "VISION" and seem to listen to the wrong people's opinions - that makes the game worse with every update (with minor good things from time to time like Glaives, melee 2.99, QoL changes, etc).
This Parazon Mercy Killing change from 20% hp to 40% hp is the most visible example that whoever does this just doesn't play the game because if they did they would have known that this won't work even on 90% 

Spoiler

hint: just make them wait for mercy kill like kuva thralls do - problem solved

В 22.06.2021 в 21:02, [DE]Rebecca сказал:

This change is rooted in the depth of the new items we’re putting in Steel Path with this Update, and the hope some players had about being able to earn the Galvanized Mods before they even arrived on the Steel Path. Since Arbitrations also require a completed Star Chart, but are a step up in difficulty from that base Star Chart, we thought (and so did many of you) that they’d be a good stepping stone for earning some of the new Upgrades! 

I guess you're not considering (preferable) solo players. Arbitrations have weaker enemies, but there is much less room for a forgiven mistake since your first death would be the end of a mission loosing all the loot as well

So the incentive for these changes is that players should use all their weapons they bring to the mission, right? In which case, isn't counterproductive to add mods which discourage players from switching their weapons during a mission so they don't lose their stacks because of the buff durations? In my opinion this wasn't the right call to fix the melee problem.

I think reviewing gun stats and buffing where needed would have been a less clunky way, though I understand it would have been a lot more time taking one too.
I know I can just choose to not use duration based mods, but then how does that change up anything for me, and others who like to switch their weapons around more often or on whim?
I like Warframe for its fast pace (among other reasons), and I'd prefer to pay attention to fighting and my Warframe's abilities more than having to glue my eyes at buffs in the top right corner for maximization, figuring out when I'm forced to switch back to whatever weapon that has a buff that's about to expire. Personally this is why I had a slight preference to melee weapons which can use Condition Overload more efficiently than those which benefit more from Blood Rush. I'm not sure about these gun mods triggering on kills either, considering you play with other players on your team.

Was the vision players switching weapons around when they feel like it for strategic reasons, more fun and a more balanced experience, or having players' warframes get a weapon glued in their hands to have perfect uptime for these mods?
I'm sorry if this sounds crude and I appreciate your work DE :heart:, but on paper this sounds like it's not going to have the desired result.

Archived