The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why are people not stabbing their Sister/Liches?

TheRealsemaJ

I haven't tried the sisters yet but for liches I allways try to get them to rank 5 as fast as possible for then the rage don't drop. I had few times where I get the 2 first runes before even unlocking them so leaving me just 1 to unlock.   Not stabbing them seem like such a slow way of doing it when you have to get every single murmal instead of mayble bypass 50+ of them.

I perfer lucky stabs over hours of farming to find out it was allready the rune that was slotted for I was to scared to stab. They even removed the death penelty ppl cried about first time that they refused to lose 1 out of a million revives for they didn't dare gamble with the rune.

55 minutes ago, TheRealsemaJ said:

So if I use both my Oull in the 1st and 2nd slots, those would just be revealed? and I would just have to unlock the 3rd?

You can only equip one of a given Requiem, Oull included. It only saves you from having to figure out the third hint, letting you finish at just 2 hints without unnecessary guesswork.

1 hour ago, MqToasty said:

No, the non-stabbers are leeching off of their team's strength because they are afraid of a level 5 lich.  Man up and git gud guys, liches are not that hard.

Has nothing to do with being hard, it's about being efficient. Brute forcing it doesn't get you anything anymore except a reset aggro and more missions to have to do, it's far faster to use your noggin a little - with or without teammates to leech failed attempt Murmurs off of.

1 hour ago, TheRealsemaJ said:

So if I use both my Oull in the 1st and 2nd slots, those would just be revealed? and I would just have to unlock the 3rd?

no you cant have more than one of any mod slotted anywhere in game

10 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

Has nothing to do with being hard, it's about being efficient. Brute forcing it doesn't get you anything anymore except a reset aggro and more missions to have to do, it's far faster to use your noggin a little - with or without teammates to leech failed attempt Murmurs off of.

So why not play solo if you are on the precipice of another Requiem word and do not plan to stab?

3 hours ago, TheRealsemaJ said:

Ultimately I can't control other players of course, I just don't understand the reasoning behind not wanting to level it up if you're playing public anyways.

Because rank 5 Liches are really freaking annoying and tedious. They are so tanky and obnoxious to fight. I would genuinely rather do an extra mission and farm the thralls in that mission, then get the 9 "bonus" thralls from a stab I already know I will fail

3 hours ago, TheRealsemaJ said:

I really don't get why people aren't just trying them, at the very least your giving yourself and everyone progress to find an unknown mod.

Personally it's because

A) I have no intention of letting a Sister level up more than necessary unless I plan to keep her.  If I just want the gun, she can stay level 1 until I've got all three mods and it's just a couple of attempts to get rid of her.  *Especially* since they have some pretty unpleasant powers that unlock at higher ranks.  (What's that?  The impact version has a Radiation power?  Because "reasons?"  Yeah, pass.  Or I would, except I kind of want that ephemera eventually.)

And B)  Because I'm only teaming for Mobile Defense and Defense when she's at low "annoyed" (and therefore low progress) and has a very tiny chance to show up.  If she does?  Too bad, I'm not stabbing her.

If you want a team where everyone promises to instantly stab their Lich/Sister no matter what, might I suggest you try Recruit Chat?  Because if you're in a random group, you'll get random people behaving randomly.

3 hours ago, LillyRaccune said:

There is supposed to be a function where if you down your lich-sis three times, they run away. Is this feature broken? Or is this argument happening regardless of that?

I don't know about how people are using OULL, but I can confirm that if you down a Sister three times without stabbing them, they'll just leave. They also seem to say their lines about levelling up, even though they don't actually level up, and they keep their rage meter, so they're likely to show up again soon.

both stabbing always and stabbing only when guaranteed a success are valid tactics against liches, and there's nothing wrong with wanting to make things easier for yourself. "BuT LiChEs ArEnT HaRd!" no, they aren't, but they can certainly be frustrating when they constantly teleport and rad proc you. even at rank 5 having a gun modded for their weakness allows you to kill them fairly quickly, it's more a question of staying alive and preventing their shields from recharging. much easier to do both when you're not alone as well. 

if people don't want to stab then they don't want to stab lol. if it's a problem for you because it means your lich won't show up, then talk to them, and do a second run for yours. people really don't need to be getting salty over this...

1 minute ago, SaintLucifer said:

Honestly not stabbing is the same as sabotaging the mission, people are here to progress their lich/sisters and you're locking it all down with that. So if you want to follow some random youtuber strategy of no stabbing, do it solo please?

At the same time people could argue that if you want to ALWAYS stab, make your own group?

Public game should have no rule, regardless people stab or not, let them choose. Just go next game if you are not happy with the current teammates.

2 hours ago, PublikDomain said:

Because I like playing with other people.

Haha, okay.  So here's a hypothetical for you and the other no-stabbers.  Assuming you knew at the beginning of a mission that no one was going to stab their lich.  Would you still play that mission with that group?  Will you continue to play murmur farms with that exact same group?

1 hour ago, Godmode_Ash said:

At the same time people could argue that if you want to ALWAYS stab, make your own group?

Public game should have no rule, regardless people stab or not, let them choose. Just go next game if you are not happy with the current teammates.

God this is turning into MH:R all over again

"stop capping the mons' the Utuber said so. What? use my chat function to find groups who will play like I want to? HeReSy"

To think I was worried that the invigorations would cause strife, nice to see the bar was lower than I thought.😒

1 hour ago, MqToasty said:

Haha, okay.  So here's a hypothetical for you and the other no-stabbers.  Assuming you knew at the beginning of a mission that no one was going to stab their lich.  Would you still play that mission with that group?  Will you continue to play murmur farms with that exact same group?

Yes

27 minutes ago, MqToasty said:

Yes? I like playing with other people. 🤦‍♀️

26 minutes ago, (PSN)kadeliza740 said:

Yes

1 minute ago, PublikDomain said:

Yes? I like playing with other people. 🤦‍♀️

Really now?  Even though the mission will be twice as long and you will only gain half as much murmurs?  And playing in this group means increased chances of mission failure, especially if it is Survival, Mobile Defense, Defense or if someone has a rad lich?  Well, you guys must really enjoy playing with other people!  Here's hoping you will always find no-stab groups like these for all of your murmur farms!

Just now, MqToasty said:

Really now?

https://ih1.redbubble.net/image.2089288114.9241/flat,128x,075,f-pad,128x128,f8f8f8.jpg

4 minutes ago, MqToasty said:

Even though the mission will be twice as long and you will only gain half as much murmurs?

https://ih1.redbubble.net/image.2089288114.9241/flat,128x,075,f-pad,128x128,f8f8f8.jpg

4 minutes ago, MqToasty said:

And playing in this group means increased chances of mission failure, especially if it is Survival, Mobile Defense, Defense or if someone has a rad lich?

HWwxBqO.png

You fail missions?

8 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

You fail missions?

I do.  Especially when rad-proced teammates kill the defense target.  Also came close when we spawned a Jump lich in a Survival mission.  Why do you sound surprised?

51 minutes ago, MqToasty said:

Not the guy you were asking.

But, Yes, of course. Because there is no conflict.  no one stabbing their lich (and I assume no one elses' lich) means everyone is probably using the same 'edging' strategy for thrall farming.

1 minute ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

Not the guy you were asking.

But, Yes, of course. Because there is no conflict.  no one stabbing their lich (and I assume no one elses' lich) means everyone is probably using the same 'edging' strategy for thrall farming.

Okay, well then good luck!  Hope you will always end up in the no-stab groups you are so fond of.  I'll be off stabbing my way to my last Corpus lich weapon.

8 minutes ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

everyone is probably using the same 'edging' strategy for thrall farming.

Please don't call it that lol.

14 minutes ago, MqToasty said:

Why do you sound surprised?

Because none of the PUGs I've run have failed a mission. Never mind Sisters, I probably haven't failed a mission - outside of bugs or aborts - in the last year. Though now that I think of it, what does this even have to do with stabbing a Lich? Rad procs will happen even if you stab.

Archived