The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

End of Nightwave Intermission 3

[DE]Dudley

Please consider raising the bonus ranks cap, Glassmaker had 180 bonus ranks because people previously complained about hitting the cap and not being able to get nitain so I don’t know why you lowered it for Intermission III. I hit the cap over a month ago and had just enough nitain to build Yareli and my helminth Yareli but since then I’ve been unable to build anything else requiring nitain because the only real feasible way to get it is through nightwave. DE has stated that they are shifting their focus to the coming updates instead of working on another nightwave series so I’m worried once again I will hit a cap long before a new round of nightwave comes.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, (NSW)albadicentra said:

Please consider raising the bonus ranks cap, Glassmaker had 180 bonus ranks because people previously complained about hitting the cap and not being able to get nitain so I don’t know why you lowered it for Intermission III. I hit the cap over a month ago and had just enough nitain to build Yareli and my helminth Yareli but since then I’ve been unable to build anything else requiring nitain because the only real feasible way to get it is through nightwave. DE has stated that they are shifting their focus to the coming updates instead of working on another nightwave series so I’m worried once again I will hit a cap long before a new round of nightwave comes.

Glassmaker's overstaying of its welcome lasted a hell of a lot longer than a month, and 180-prestige cap was even too much of an extension, as this spat in the face of everyone who expected tasks to be sufficient for all their earning requirements, requiring an unrealistic amount of Glassed enemy kills (especially from the point where it was known how many were needed) which could be consistently missed through little fault of the player.

Caps are positive to reduce risk of feeling obligation and FOMO with doing Every Task Ever (not everyone is like you and I who will contentedly tolerate all the possible tasks available).

You decided not to stock up on a buffer of Nitain with your limited creds, that's your decision, not DE's fault.

Nitain is still feasible to acquire outside of Nightwave - do Ghoul bounties when they're up, there's a 4-6% drop chance on those plus bounty-bonus giving you multiple pulls on the table per run, making it much more reasonable to farm there than the singular 1% or 2% drop odds from Sabotage 3-cache runs.

• Like 4

On 2021-07-17 at 11:51 AM, [DE]Dudley said:

qD7XkbGM8pEQjfHf5knzY3qTKfnc6szuL2MQnmwt

Greetings Dreamers!

At TennoCon 2021 we announced that Nightwave Intermission 3 is coming to an end on July 28th at 2 pm ET.

When Nightwave Intermission 3 has concluded, there will be a transition into Nightwave: Nora’s Choice. This brings back some of Nora’s favourite Rewards but also introduces the new exclusive Yareli in Action Glyph and the Waveform Ephemera for the first time. You can tune into Nora’s Choice beginning on August 4th at 2 pm ET.

Duplicate Protection Continues!
Intermission rewards are sometimes a repeat of the previous Nightwave series, and while newer players might delight in getting some of these new items, we wanted to add a way for it to still be rewarding for returning Dreamers! We accomplish this by giving a 50 Credit reward instead of a previously owned item. This does not apply to items such as Warframe Slots, or consumable items (such as Forma), but rather for owned, unique items such as previous Nightwave Cosmetics.

Upcoming changes?
As we mentioned in our previous post: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1247630-nightwave-intermission-iii-is-now-live/, we shifted our focus from Nightwave to develop The New War and beyond in Warframe. Nightwave is a regular and reliable reward track for Tenno of all experience levels. Play and get cool stuff! Continuing into Nora’s Choice will allow us to ensure we give The New War the attention it deserves. Our goal to have a simultaneous release across all Platforms remains the same.

I guess spend 'em before you lose 'em or did I not see this mentioned. Or is it assumed season to season that unspent scratch is gone going into the next season? Thanks

Just now, chacachaca13 said:

I guess spend 'em before you lose 'em or did I not see this mentioned. Or is it assumed season to season that unspent scratch is gone going into the next season? Thanks

Each nightwave cred type is specific to its season/intermission. Spend them now for loot, you'd only be able to sell them for meaningless credits later.

• Like 1

So why the heck is that the ranks have not increased?  It literally been like 3 weeks that I have been maxed out and you are abandoning this one.  No notice in the game.  Why the heck is it not on the main page of the thing?  Also how long are you abandoning the game? Tennocon is done and things that given during that are still not fixed. Vastilok is using the old melee. WHO TESTED THIS?

Also why are we having another intermission? Did you not even think about this for the last what 5 months?

Edited by Opetyr
  • Like 1

so the 28th we will get a hotfix for like the 1000000 things? or at list the "buff" that harmed my ambassador (simply shot the altfire and count the ammo u use and u will see the bug) will we get any bone throw to Yareli like a scalling dmg for the 4 a slight buff to the 1 and a scall for the 2 so the k-drive dont just die all the time in higher levels and maybe just let us use some helminth ability's (some only have upper body animations is i think it should be fine) and still like the 4rth ability is a full body animation what if u just make it so she can use all of them on the k-drive (or most of them) like the 4th ability????? 

like i loved the stuff its just the stuff i was looking forward to (Yareli and the rifle SNIPER (that said it had a radial atk on the alt fire but the listed range is not a thing it has a range of 0 and not the listed range of 6 like de come on like u shot it ones and see its no radial atk)

Edited by Darkumineru
did not know how to spell

Why is there a cap on prestige ranks at all?  Typically they just keep moving the cap anyway 

It seems like these little sidebar nightwave stories add alot Of work for little value. Seems like they should just make it a continuous system possibly with rotating purchase options to give access to some of the unique rewards.

• Like 1

I love that half the posts are complaining about the season being too short and the other about it being too long (i.e I've hit the cap and you haven't extended the cap). The way I see it nightwave should just run intermissions that last a specified amount of time (a quarter/ half a year/etc) and then just reset. I think this would probably be the ideal as much as we love Nora stories I think there are often much more interesting things to be throwing out. If they do get a good story together thats ready to go it should be done as such that it is fit into these quarter/half timeframes so that we avoid a glassmaker like result in the future.

Honestly its fine if nightwave is just a daily/weekly goal thing with some extra rewards and a trickle of resources. This is good and the game is fine to have it. Not every part of the game needs to be the most important part of it.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, (NSW)Larena said:

To people complaining that they didn't give enough notice for this: They literally announced it at Tennocon. It's in the big Tennocon recap that you can just read, even if you dont want to watch the actual show.

Sure, but they could just print it in the nightwave UI. They have timers all over the place so it's not like they don't know they're useful. Just add one more.

• Like 3

On 2021-07-18 at 12:45 AM, DrivaMain said:

Please do not invest in more fleshed out Nightwave stories. These type of side stories that are not very impactful to the main story lore hampers the main story progression. If anything, Nightwave story telling should return like How S1 and S2 goes. Campfire stories with simple dioramas.

I wish they'd just set the existing ones on a loop and be done with it. I absolutely despise time limited content, and DE putting resources into it that could be used for countless other things is just weighing the game down at this point.

Nobody wanted bootleg destiny 2 seasons.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Aderahl said:

Sure, but they could just print it in the nightwave UI. They have timers all over the place so it's not like they don't know they're useful. Just add one more.

Yeah I absolutely wont argue with that. No reason to oppose more avenues for people to be notified

En 17/7/2021 a las 13:19, Memorii dijo:

Will the cap for Nightwave Intermission 3 be raised? I'm already capped and I've seen other forum threads and reddit posts from people who have been capped since around the end of June. I know I personally would love to get some more creds to buy some more catalysts and reactors (especially with all the new stuff from Update 30.5, lol).

Yeah, such a shame to have a limit, specially because who did all nightwaves has a disadvantage against who didn't 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, (PSN)TheGPWorx said:

Does nightwave tiers stop at 60? I cant get it going even after completing more acts. Its stuck at 10,000/10,000 standing.

Yes DE have a cap on it STILL, so they're not paying out after the cap, it also ends 28 July.

• Like 1

Any chance that, in the NW Creds Shop, we can get a "Hide Crafted" button to go along with the "Hide Owned" button?

There's a lot of helmet blueprints that I've already made, and don't need duplicates of.

• Like 5

On 2021-07-18 at 12:51 AM, [DE]Dudley said:

qD7XkbGM8pEQjfHf5knzY3qTKfnc6szuL2MQnmwt

Greetings Dreamers!

At TennoCon 2021 we announced that Nightwave Intermission 3 is coming to an end on July 28th at 2 pm ET.

When Nightwave Intermission 3 has concluded, there will be a transition into Nightwave: Nora’s Choice. This brings back some of Nora’s favourite Rewards but also introduces the new exclusive Yareli in Action Glyph and the Waveform Ephemera for the first time. You can tune into Nora’s Choice beginning on August 4th at 2 pm ET.

Duplicate Protection Continues!
Intermission rewards are sometimes a repeat of the previous Nightwave series, and while newer players might delight in getting some of these new items, we wanted to add a way for it to still be rewarding for returning Dreamers! We accomplish this by giving a 50 Credit reward instead of a previously owned item. This does not apply to items such as Warframe Slots, or consumable items (such as Forma), but rather for owned, unique items such as previous Nightwave Cosmetics.

Upcoming changes?
As we mentioned in our previous post: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1247630-nightwave-intermission-iii-is-now-live/, we shifted our focus from Nightwave to develop The New War and beyond in Warframe. Nightwave is a regular and reliable reward track for Tenno of all experience levels. Play and get cool stuff! Continuing into Nora’s Choice will allow us to ensure we give The New War the attention it deserves. Our goal to have a simultaneous release across all Platforms remains the same.

cant wait for this