Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave: Intermission III Is Now Live!

[DE]Megan

Nightwave: Intermission III

0ad1f09bc2f2fbaf4664608807b17e9a.jpg

We interrupt your regularly scheduled program to bring you Nightwave: Intermission 3!

Intermission III brings new Acts, previous Nightwave rewards including 2 Umbra Forma, new “well-loved” Floofs in Cred Offerings!

**Switch Tenno: Nightwave: Intermission 3 will be come soon to Switch after a quick Cert turnaround. More info here!

Nihil’s Oubliette

Nihil may have been contained, but he is still a threatening presence… as well as the owner of a unique weapon. Players have asked how they may be able to repeat their fight with Nihil and acquire the Vitrica in the future - and the answer is it will all be making a return. Stay tuned for the final plans! 

NEW NIGHTWAVE ACTS!

DAILY

--------

• Surf's Up!

• Kill 20 Enemies while riding a K-Drive

• Reanimator

• Find and pilot a Fallen Necramech on Deimos

• Ancient Obelisk

• Activate a Requiem Obelisk on Deimos

WEEKLY

------------

• Vault Hunting

• Do an Isolation Bounty

• Feed the Beast

• Feed the Helminth any Resource

• Necralizer

• Kill 100 enemies with a Necramech

ELITE WEEKLY

--------------------

• Cold Steel

• Kill 1000 Enemies on The Steel Path

• Resource Scavenger

• Collect 20 different type of Resources

• The Path Less Traveled

• Complete 5 Steel Path Missions

DUPLICATE PROTECTION!

Intermission rewards are sometimes a repeat of the previous Nightwave series, and while newer players might delight in getting some of these new items, we wanted to add a way for it to still be rewarding for returning Dreamers! We accomplish this by giving a 50 Nightwave Intermission Credit reward instead of a previously owned item. This does not apply to items such as Warframe Slots, or consumable items (such as Forma), but rather for owned, unique items such as previous Nightwave Cosmetics.

General Changes:

• Added Lavos Cordatus, Mag Gauss, Protea Mavv, Protea Telema, and Xaku Kintsu Helmet Blueprints to the Nightwave Store rotation.

It’s no secret that Nightwave: The Glassmaker lasted much longer than we had hoped. As mentioned on Devstream #151, the next Nightwave installment will be dramatically simpler to shift narrative focus to The New War and beyond!

• Like 19

8 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

We accomplish this by giving a 50 Nightwave Intermission Credit reward instead of a previously owned item. This does not apply to items such as Warframe Slots, or consumable items (such as Forma), but rather for owned, unique items such as previous Nightwave Cosmetics.

In the DevStream, Rebecca also showed that the Ayatan Hemakara sculpture was a reward for the Nightwave intermission. Does this count as a unique reward? Hopefully we have the option to claim a second Hemakara statue, since there is no way to obtain more than one.

In case anyone doesn't remember, the Hemakara statue is a reward for Phase II of Operation: Orphix Venom. You are only given one.

19 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

DUPLICATE PROTECTION!

Intermission rewards are sometimes a repeat of the previous Nightwave series, and while newer players might delight in getting some of these new items, we wanted to add a way for it to still be rewarding for returning Dreamers! We accomplish this by giving a 50 Nightwave Intermission Credit reward instead of a previously owned item. This does not apply to items such as Warframe Slots, or consumable items (such as Forma), but rather for owned, unique items such as previous Nightwave Cosmetics.

Riven auto-unveiler items for duplicates please? That'd be far more useful than 50 creds...

27 minutes ago, LegendaryNeurotoxin said:

Riven auto-unveiler items for duplicates please? That'd be far more useful than 50 creds...

This is a bad idea IMHO, as such  auto-unveilers are useless if one can actually do the Riven challenges. I've yet to see a challenge I couldn't do (some have been a bit tricky TBH).

This is in stark contrast to 50 NW credits, which can actually be useful.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Chroia said:

I will be very interested in seeing the completion stats on this vs, other weekly challenges.

Why? Iso Vault 1 is not exactly hard, especially if you have mind control, invisibility, or pacification. Due to the rewards, even outside of mechs, they're actually quite nice to do, especially if you actually crack the vault.

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

General Changes:

• Added Lavos Cordatus, Mag Gauss, Protea Mavv, Protea Telema, and Xaku Kintsu Helmet Blueprints to the Nightwave Store rotation.

Do you mean Mag Gauss or Gauss Mag? And what about Grendel's Glutt helmet? I know it was in there literally once, the week Grendel was introduced, but I've never seen it since. I don't know how the shop is determined weekly, but I have seen people suggesting that rewards should be weighted to prevent recent items from returning and to encourage items we haven't seen to be brought back.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

DUPLICATE PROTECTION!

While duplicate protection is much appreciated, I'd honestly rather see old rewards moved into the Cred Store during intermissions & fill their slots with Creds by default - that way, people who don't care about the old rewards are free to spend their surplus creds on things they care about more (i.e. kuva, potatoes, etc) & people who still are missing items for whatever reason (like being new to the game, or having taken a break during a past season/intermission) wouldn't run into the issue of "Oh, that reward I am missing/interested in is not on this Intermission's reward track, that sucks."

• Like 2

9 hours ago, GrayArchon said:

In the DevStream, Rebecca also showed that the Ayatan Hemakara sculpture was a reward for the Nightwave intermission. Does this count as a unique reward? Hopefully we have the option to claim a second Hemakara statue, since there is no way to obtain more than one.

In case anyone doesn't remember, the Hemakara statue is a reward for Phase II of Operation: Orphix Venom. You are only given one.

It is indeed a Nightwave reward. I was wondering about this too, actually. Cause 1) I need one more for decorating my Orbiter and 2) They can't be obtained anymore. (Unless you trade another player for one.)

Seeing as you can have/own multiple of one Ayatans at anytime (ex: owning like 8 Piv Ayatans or more), I highly doubt it would be replaced with 50 intermission cred from the Duplicate Protection, if you already own at least one.

17 hours ago, Hello said:

Since I'm not in game to look. Did y'all finally make "hide owned" in the cred offerings actually hide crafted yet? I really don't want to waste creds by buying every helmet blueprint so "hide owned" actually works.

nope not yet
really been wanting this for a while now
since like 2 weeks into the first nightwave series

17 hours ago, GrayArchon said:

i would assume not as they are consumable(dissolve for endo)
also they are not a cosmetic like a skin or emote that you can't possibly use more than one of

12 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

So what you're saying is that you deliberately never included them in the store? And it wasn't just atrocious RNG? Grendel came out after Gauss and his helmet was in the store. We've been had for since Gauss' release then, nice to know.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, (PSN)YaoiYusuke said:

So what you're saying is that you deliberately never included them in the store? And it wasn't just atrocious RNG? Grendel came out after Gauss and his helmet was in the store. We've been had for since Gauss' release then, nice to know.

I bought Protea Mavv from NW, never saw Telema tho, so I'm not sure what they're trying to imply here.