Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

End of Nightwave Intermission 3

[DE]Dudley

I'm all for ending intermission ASAP and moving on to a new reward track (been capped since it was possible to be capped with intermission), but I'm guessing there's going to be a bunch of folks caught off guard if they're even slightly out of the loop:
nightwave1.png

nightwave2.png

I'm not sure the end of the intermission was even announced "a few weeks" before it's going to happen, depending on someone's personal definition of "a few" vs "a couple" etc 😉

• Like 26

Before ending this current Nightwave, could we please have the cap removed for those Prestige Lvls ? been 2 months since we have been waiting to get some creds for our work , please remove the cap for this and upcoming Nightwaves , there are plenty of players that are willing to do these challenges even after receiving the lvl 30 reward and even more then just 60 lvls of prestige. You could at least suppliment us with some extra 30 or 60 lvls so we could achieve some creds before taking it down. Thank you

• Like 4

Grubby-hands wanting more cap for free stuff because they did more than they need to, forgetting the point is that you don't need to do everything to finish up.

Also the fact it started with an extended prestige cap this time. I'm sure we all expected 30 to be our initial limit again, but nope.

Caps are good. Avoids toxic FOMO obligation for those who don't enjoy/tolerate all the tasks enough to want to keep doing them ad infinitum.

Edited by TheLexiConArtist
  • Like 7

There really just shouldn't be a cap at all. The point of Nightwave is to give people a reason to go out and do things they may otherwise have ignored, putting a cap on the amount of creds you can earn completely defeats the point. Once you've hit the entirely arbitrary max rank, why would you ever bother doing any of the little challenges? Without that incentive, those people will go back to ignoring all that stuff, and thus Nightwave has failed its purpose. Just get rid of the cap in its entirety, and let nightwave actually succeed at its job.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, TheLexiConArtist said:

Avoids toxic FOMO obligation for those who don't enjoy

Yes you have a point about the fear of missing out being a negative motivator, however Nightwave was supposed to be "as much Nitain as you want--when you want". The old Alert System didn't have a cap.

Imagine being told:

"We've been keeping track of you farming every Nitain alert. You have now farmed the maximum allowed Nitain over the last two months. You will now be banned from participating in all alerts (Nitain or otherwise) for the next 6 months."

That is what that the cap is accomplishing.

I'm not talking about the weekly maximum standing limit, that is pretty normal and healthy for Nightwave. I'm talking about the evolution of Nightwave to fit the roles it is supposed to fill. There shouldn't be a limit to the number of Presige Ranks because players need "stuff". If DE wants to put a limit on the number of purchasable Orokin Reactors and Catalysts (the only plat-substitution items), then fine. Removing the cap of Prestige Ranks is still helpful, even if all we accomplish is purchasing every cosmetic and decoration and spend our remaining credits on Kuva.

Some peoples with always feel the fear of missing out. I experience it in my own way. Because there is a limited number of Nightwave credits in any given chapter, I hoard my Nightwave credits refusing to spend them until the very end of the Nightwave event because I'm afraid DE will release a new cosmetic exclusively in the Nightwave store, but I'll be too poor to buy it and have to wait 10 weeks until it is reintroduced because of the unpredictable cycling of Nightwave rewards. (Wolf Operator Hood says hello)

So if you look it my way, having a cap on the number of Prestige Ranks actually contributes to the "toxic FOMO obligation".

• Like 7

4 hours ago, LillyRaccune said:

Some peoples with always feel the fear of missing out. I experience it in my own way. Because there is a limited number of Nightwave credits in any given chapter, I hoard my Nightwave credits refusing to spend them until the very end of the Nightwave event because I'm afraid DE will release a new cosmetic exclusively in the Nightwave store, but I'll be too poor to buy it and have to wait 10 weeks until it is reintroduced because of the unpredictable cycling of Nightwave rewards. (Wolf Operator Hood says hello)

So if you look it my way, having a cap on the number of Prestige Ranks actually contributes to the "toxic FOMO obligation".

That's what I (mostly) do too, but with 'excess'. It's not really a FOMO situation there, when I've bought up copies of whatever I 'need', usually with the main-track Cred and having seen pretty much all the rotations in the time before getting knee deep into Prestige ranks, and still have a ton of leftover because of all the prestige.

Short on Nitain? Spend a portion on that, sit on the rest. New mods and cosmetics? Grab them when they're freshly available, sit on the rest.
It's all 'spare' stuff you don't know if you'll want to spend on potatoes, more Nitain stock if they bring out a bunch of fresh cost there, etc. It's only sensible to not spend it frivolously. Hence the 'I'm out of nitain' so-called problem - poor judgement and spending habits buying everything else without securing that part of the investment pool.

All you have to worry about is not forgetting to spend the stockpile on luxuries at end-of-season.

• Like 3

~

Intermission III began on February 1st, 2021 and will last until July 28th, 2021.
Intermission III Cred as currency, and can be continued for 60 more ranks after max for additional Creds.

~

It is the 25th right now, so this is the last "week",
you only got a couple days to use your Nightwave creds.

~

Just now, General_Durandal said:

~

Intermission III began on February 1st, 2021 and will last until July 28th, 2021.
Intermission III Cred as currency, and can be continued for 60 more ranks after max for additional Creds.

~

It is the 25th right now, so this is the last "week",
you only got a couple days to use your Nightwave creds.

~

And a completely unnecessary delay between this and the next one during which the forums will be flooded with complaints about Nitain. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

There's still going to be someone that will complain about it ending and them not being able to finish it. 

DE didn't do enough to tell me it was ending!!! They need to bring it back or give me my rewards!!! 

Putting it in the in game news announcements and plastered all over every social media and on the website and forums is DE being sneaky and ninja removing it on us! They need to put it in our inbox with strobing, flashing, multicolored lights and a shrieking siren that doesn't stop until we type into a box, with no spelling errors "I acknowledge the Nightwave intermission is ending on July 28th!" Anything less is DE deliberately screwing over their players and it is shameful! :angry::angry::angry:

Edited by Tesseract7777
  • Like 5

24 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

And a completely unnecessary delay between this and the next one

I think it is necessary. DE said they want to focus on NewWar. Any challenges related to the new content will probably need new back-end code to make sure they get tracked successfully. The same is true for any new rewards (like the Arcane Ash helmet instead of the Operator Wolf Hood).

Maybe you know: Did DE say that the Oro ship decoration will be added to the Nightwave reward table? I thought they announced it, but I don't remember...

nyynvNB.gif

• Like 3