Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Yareli's Merulina not being moddable doesn't feel right at all

(PSN)Hopper_Orouk

I was eagerly Waiting to mod Merulina, giving it the K-drive score multipliers mod and all the speed and jump mods for maximum unmatched mobility.

there was also a mod that grants you energy while K-driving i can't remember the exact wording. but a lot of utility and a lot of improvement for the Warframe. i didn't care about the rest of her abilities, i just wanted to mod the K-drive.

that's very disappointing (as usual with DE) that i can't mod it.

there is just a lot of potential with these mods that you can't even access? Why?

I understand the Merulina is different, it's faster, jumps higher and has new moves, but what if i don't want to put more speed at all? what if i do? why restrict and prevent me from having this choice?

I agree with PsiWarp.
I don't think a faster Merulina on ordinary indoors missions is a good idea. Her speed is 13 meters per second indoors, but I don't think it's the same for open-world, where she can go as fast as any other k-drive (with no speed mods) at 18 meters per second.

The only mod I would like to put on Merulina's build, if it was possible, is the one that regenerates energy for each 100 points you make with figures in k-drive, it would be nice to have the possibility to regenarate energy while on Meruline this way, and it would be a nice integration of k-drive figures on Yareli's gameplay.

Never rly cared for K-Drives but I would definitely mod merulina and Im surprised its not allowed. It would make Yareli much more interesting. 

Im also wondering why they didn't let her use primary weapon on merulina, to differentiate from normal K-Drives and give her an unique advantage over them. 

2 hours ago, PsiWarp said:

She's slower, Meru's speed was nerfed comparied to Bondi and other built K-Drives for better control indoors.

2 hours ago, chaotea said:

I think its because kdrive indoors is broken already, and adding mods wouldnt help it.

Maybe in the future they might.

well that's why it should be moddable, to give both sides the option to either mod for more speed or don't.

this argument actually proves my point more, since Titania has Razorwing blitz which makes her the fastest Warframe in the game, you have the Option to either use it or don't. and if you use it, the flight speed buff only works if you press the sprint button during razorwing, so you can have more control and not hit the entire map at super sonic speeds

10 hours ago, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

there is just a lot of potential with these mods that you can't even access? Why?

Because the Ventkids Syndicate is in a Terrible State and allowing players to mod this Ability effectively means she's a Ventkids Frame... And I don't think DE wants to deal with that Drama just yet...

6 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

Because the Ventkids Syndicate is in a Terrible State and allowing players to mod this Ability effectively means she's a Ventkids Frame... And I don't think DE wants to deal with that Drama just yet...

...you do know how you acquire Yareli's blueprints and all of her parts, right?

I do think it's a bit wild that Merulina can't be modded.  Nightwave challenges and open world races treat Merulina as a K-drive, and Venari is capable of being modded.  Merulina is a weird exception to the established pattern, though being different doesn't innately make it a bad decision.  But considering all of the interesting customization that could be added to Merulina with the mods that are already there, I find it odd that this is the way things are.  I honestly wonder if DE just ran out of time and it ended up on the cutting room floor.

15 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

So we should hold back the K-Drive frame and prevent its exalted K-Drive from equipping K-Drive mods because... people that don't like the K-Drive faction might complain?

30 minutes ago, (XBOX)TyeGoo said:

You and I both know that's not gonna happen. People WILL slap it on the board, people WILL then jump into all available sections screaming how unplayable the game is. DE WILL then nerf the mods to bring them inline for indoors, which will cripple them in the open worlds.

Seriously, this is the first time where DE actually thought ahead of what has been going on the last 7 years I've witnessed. Don't ruin it.

There's people who still can't finish the quest because they can't be asked to push other buttons than E. (Excluding real cases of inability)

I'd much rather DE keeps tweaking her over time instead of making a free for all and just allow mods and never look back. Sure, it'll take a bit, but so did Titania as I'd like to remind you. 

I think DEs smart enough to know that players making stupid decisions isn’t a solid basis to nerf things.

31 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

So we should hold back the K-Drive frame and prevent its exalted K-Drive from equipping K-Drive mods because... people that don't like the K-Drive faction might complain?

Pretty Much.... Tenno can be weird sometimes ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

2 hours ago, (XBOX)TyeGoo said:

You and I both know that's not gonna happen. People WILL slap it on the board, people WILL then jump into all available sections screaming how unplayable the game is. DE WILL then nerf the mods to bring them inline for indoors, which will cripple them in the open worlds.

Seriously, this is the first time where DE actually thought ahead of what has been going on the last 7 years I've witnessed. Don't ruin it.

There's people who still can't finish the quest because they can't be asked to push other buttons than E. (Excluding real cases of inability)

I'd much rather DE keeps tweaking her over time instead of making a free for all and just allow mods and never look back. Sure, it'll take a bit, but so did Titania as I'd like to remind you. 

We should suffer because someone cannot mod their stuffs? I mean, I won't use those mods. I won't even turn on sprint. But why someone had to suffer because I put wrong mods? Are they are gonna nerf speed mods and abilities because people run into walls?

I would rather they allow mods and let us mods some other stuffs than let Yareli rot for years....

1 minute ago, quxier said:

We should suffer because someone cannot mod their stuffs? ...

.... But why someone had to suffer because I put wrong mods? Are they are gonna nerf speed mods and abilities because people run into walls?

You know what they say... Misery loves Company...

Yeah I agree. Personally I wish you could. 

Its probably the way it is though, because if you could mod Merulina, it implies a Merulina that isn't modded. Which would be the default state, and likely the Merulina most players would have, since its (KDrive and thus access to mods) relatively not popular. Most people don't have those K-Drive mods. So do they balance Merulina around the no mods or mods? Well, Merulina would be an even more annoying, frustrating experience for most people it they were balanced around mods... so unmodded Merulina needs to be decent, but thus, her modded state would probably be unwieldy, powerful, fast, fun etc etc but only experienced by a minority. 

Also though, Yareli should get scaling damage buff based on a trick meter/style meter you build by doing tricks through out a level, like some weird fusion of Tony Hawk's Pro Skater and Devil May Cry! Sick! 

I find it a little odd people take issue with the concept of modding Merulina being an issue because of the potential mobility-related issues it could cause...when Merulina has its own inbuilt dash that functions like a pseudo-double jump already. One of the biggest issues with having a K-Drive in standard maps is that DE has not tweaked the general hover height in any way - you're just so far off the ground that knocking your head on every door and outcrop or architecture is basically guaranteed. Lowering that hover height would fix that issue pretty much instantly, or otherwise rescaling it (and potentially Yareli as well when using it) so that when in use you are marginally smaller. This would also help towards the fact it provides a lower amount of Damage Reduction than most other similarly-functioning abilities by making the hitbox smaller. I understand comparing it to something like Razorwing is a little improper (as it functions similarly to the size reduction in standard Archwing missions) but the end result would likely be remarkably close. Those changes would help towards potential moddability in future, as well as the fact DE is entirely capable of restricting the use of certain mods (looking at you Poppin' Vert).

Seems like a no-win situation unless DE does it and outright tells people to subsume it off if they don't like it.

Most mods just aren't practical in normal missions between speed just making you hit more walls and most tilesets being too cramped to rely on tricks to utilize a majority of the mods. While we would certainty see people complain that they already had to put up with K-Drives to get the frame and now they have to do it even more just to mod it (the hypocrisy of that statement isn't lost on me but it would be on those who will complain about it). Plus there would also be whining over the "need" to put more Forma into her and it would also raise the potential issue of weather it would grant mastery and if it would/could be granted retroactively.

But the frame has been polarizing enough between the design and the K-Drive component itself. Enough players already hate on the frame that if those actually using her want the modding options then they should just make it an option. If it pushes even more players away from the frame then they should have subsumed the ability off already.

The community clearly can't handle it, HENCE THE DECISION WAS MADE TO NOT LAUNCH MERULINA WITH MODS. This decision probably didn't come out of nowhere.

I don't think there were too much concern about Yareli's speed and her bad control over Merulina. Why, there are few things that makes me think that way:

- they could just restrict speed mods so other mods might be used. Another user noted this as well:

1 hour ago, iPathos said:

as well as the fact DE is entirely capable of restricting the use of certain mods (looking at you Poppin' Vert).

- Yareli lacks precise movements. Even with sprint turn off it's still not great. What they introduced? Freaking bullet jump with the same key combination as with rolls. Rolls could be much better there.

None of the mods existing for KDrives would fix ANY of the complaints regarding Merulina. They'd just make it worse and fuel the "this Warframe sucks" posts which completely bloat any and all feedback around it. 

At least one that regenerates energy so it could be good for energy hungry 1st.

It's not that mods should fix stuffs. Mods could introduce new gameplay elements. For example slam attacks (tap ctrl + hold ctrl) could pull enemies in.

With relatively simple fixes/tweaks they could introduce 10-20 mods. Some of them would be copy paste (e.g. different damage proc) but it would at least do something. I've made topic about it. Feel free to look it in my profile because this forum is bad and it don't let me search my posts.

Honestly , at this point I think DE has stopped caring about yareli and are not interested in any meaningful improvements.

I already made a post a while back on how I would like to have the ability to mod merulina , 

But it would be difficult to maneuver with speed mods you say ? Nobody is forcing you to add the speed mods , there are many more mods besides it to fill all the slots. 

But but ..You have to engage with content that requires k drive ... To power the k drive ? Oh my, a k drive frame requiring kdrive engagement , what a travesty! So unfair! Absolutely unacceptable! 

Seriously , why should I or DE care about the opinions of players that don't even want to engage with the content under question no matter how it is changed ? And it's really such a non issue , other exalted gear have mod limits.  The speed mods simply could be limited too if they wanted.

There are more than 40 other frames players can use that don't have kdrives as a mechanic.

Especially considering the fact that you need to do kdrive stunts to get yarelli in the first place you will know instantly if it's your kind of frame.

I am so dissapointed that DE made such a half assed attempt at this and then gave up. I bet they just wanted a "kawai " or " surf " frame checklist and call it a day.

Archived