The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Resurgence Dev Workshop & FAQ

[DE]Danielle

1 minute ago, (XBOX)YoungGunn82 said:

Dishonest? Disingenuous? Sound better? ;) 

I wouldn't use those words either tbh because I don't see anything dishonest, tricky, scheming or whatever about it. It is just higher priced than some of us think it is worth. If that holds true with our wallets they will adjust it. 

I won't buy it personally because it doesn't have platinum and that's a personal turn off. 

But I'm not accusing them of dishonest/mean/unethical/scamming/baiting/predatory behavior because like most things right now, they are asking for more money. Inflation is going up everywhere right now. Color me not shocked. But they'll up the ante and toss in platinum in the future if the sales don't go well.

So buy it... or not. But this rhetoric isn't helpful and it just is getting annoying at this point. 

Just now, (XBOX)YoungGunn82 said:

Scamming players to spend x2 the amount of $ to purchase Aya instead of just buying plat and using trade chat? 

It's only a scam if they lied about what you're being sold which never happened. You can see the price of raya and exactly what you get when spent in the shop.

The value not being what you want it to be or there being a cheaper alternative does not make something a scam. Hek by your own logic buying anything from another player is a 'scam' when you can get primes for free by grinding relics.

Just now, Tesseract7777 said:

I wouldn't use those words either tbh because I don't see anything dishonest, tricky, scheming or whatever about it. It is just higher priced than some of us think it is worth. If that holds true with our wallets they will adjust it. 

I won't buy it personally because it doesn't have platinum and that's a personal turn off. 

But I'm not accusing them of dishonest/mean/unethical/scamming/baiting/predatory behavior because like most things right now, they are asking for more money. Inflation is going up everywhere right now. Color me not shocked. But they'll up the ante and toss in platinum in the future if the sales don't go well.

So buy it... or not. But this rhetoric isn't helpful and it just is getting annoying at this point. 

But they said it was “1:1” and that blatantly just not true. 1200 plat does not equate to 50k endo. Not on this planet or any other. 

A scam is fraudulence. It's not a scam. It's not even "bait-and-switch." Which is a predatory practice.

People can spend their own money however they like. They'll get exactly what they pay for.

This is basically Prime Access a la carte. IF you got a couple of items when the gear was out but don't want to buy Prime Access to only get that Secondary weapon - which is a sensible spending pattern - now you can either earn a chance for free through the Aya, or you can pay about 5 bucks for it.

I was led to believe that I could get Aya as a drop and with it buy the Prime Parts outright, not buy the Relics, this was erroneous and probably my fault. Nevertheless, those were my expectations, therefore I am a little disappointed. I probably bear the accountability for that and not DE. I musty be just and fair.

2 minutes ago, (XBOX)YoungGunn82 said:

But they said it was “1:1” and that blatantly just not true. 1200 plat does not equate to 50k endo. Not on this planet or any other. 

DE has shown themselves to be honestly tone deaf many, many times.

Do not attribute to malice what can equally be attributed to incompetence. 

To err is to be human. Too many people are piling on and using words like scamming and accusing DE of being bad people, when there is a much more simple answer according to Occam's Razor: 

They are human and they made a mistake. If sales from it are poor, it will be a costly one, and they will adjust in the future. 

DE has also made tone deaf comments before about thinking rewards are more worth it to players than they are, so don't think that "1:1" comment is a lie, it is just them not understanding the playerbase.

Look at a huge amount of the rewards still in game that DE honestly thinks are "just fine". They aren't trying to be malicious, they really think a lot of the junk rewards in game are "just fine". They REALLY think that. It isn't malice, it is them misunderstanding their own players. 

This has always been the Prime Vault or Prime Access model.

You know. "Why pay for the newest Frame if I can just wait a couple of days and people will have doubles and I can trade for plat. Why pay for Vaulted Frames ifthere's people who sell sets. Holy bumbum scam lollollol"

And... sure, Vanessa, sure. But why notice it now?

Just now, (XBOX)YoungGunn82 said:

They didn’t lie about it being 1:1? 1200 plat = 50k endo? Ok guess I’m alone then. 

Unfortunately you're not as it seems a lot of players have no idea what makes a scam.

And what they said about the value, while yes they were wrong, is irrelevant to it being a scam or not. As you can still see plain as day the cost to purchase raya and exactly what you receive from the shop.

It would be a scam if the raya bundles say they gave bonus raya but didn't give you anything or if the shop items say they give the frame with a slot+reactor but actually gave you the unbuilt components. But again you not liking the price point doesn't make it a scam.

56 minutes ago, WolfInstinct said:

So are the prime frames, they can be bought with real money and some people paid real money for these frames yet they are farmable ingame or bought with plat from p2p trades

If the primes werent tradable and farmable, we wouldnt have this discussion but that we are happy that they added relics to get the primes. So, being "an event" and just a farm one thing to have a rotational prime unvault, why not make accesories farmable from relics or bought with like 400-500p, heck, make it 50 aya per piece, but in plat value for example, enough for a lot of people that want those accesories would need to have plat, if not, buy it... and this way you touch more people into buying things with real money... Yes still, the only people that buy RAya are the same people that buy prime unvault/access so you just did a conversion from buy -> get that...to buy -> exchange this -> get this or that

The "event" is too focused on "p2w" players than f2p

This was the feeling I got.

Before the update hit, I sort of thought we'd be able to purchase Prime weapons outright with regular Aya. Could that be an option for next time?

Maybe it could be 15 Aya for a certain part, or 50 for a weapon. Which is probably quite a bit more effort than trading in for relics and unlocking those, but I think it's a fair trade-off for skipping the relic grind.

6 hours ago, Vorpal_Ocelot said:

It seemed hyped up as if you could access more through gameplay earned Aya. When prime access is released you know its going to cost money. I thought this was an event** which would involve gameplay to unlock things you previously couldnt earn ingame. In a way it is... kind of... but I could of just sold ingame items for plat and bought any vaulted primes as per usual method... This event didnt really offer anything new through gameplay.  just gave you another chance to use cash for items you may of all ready decided not to buy....

Similar to a store not only having a candy isle, but candy at the check out. You sure you don't want to buy it?  ...They basically did that to us but I feel as if they hyped it up to seem like more...

May I just add, 10$ per noggle. Dayum!! Theres been entire expansion/addons to other quality videogames sold for 10$s....

20$ virtual capes and 10$ virtual kneepads. That's extreme...Then again california is nearly 6 dollars per gallon of gas and that doesnt last as long as digital content... shrug. 

Anyways once again, I value your feedback and I don't have any anger about it. Just felt mislead and was looking forward to a fun event.

1st of all i see something that demands too much from my wallet than it actually deserves i simply show it middle finger
I have no idea why it should be any different for anyone else

But seeing outrage of players after realizing prices i believe they will very quickly learn to vote with their wallets
So problem will be solved easily

I dont follow warframe life on twitch reddit twitter or anywhere i just read patch notes and if was able to understand from them exactly what raya will be and how whole resurgence will work i have no idea how ppl that do follow warframe anywhere can BS themselves in thinking its something else than it really is

And i think ones to blame are ppl who BSed themselves into thinking they will be able to buy what is sold for real money for just plat

Since there was clear message how it gonna work

Another clear message ive seen is that they are testing things out checking can it coexist with PA
In my eyes they are checking if players are stupid enough to pay more to get less
And i dont see anything wrong in it since ppl wont buy as much as they would from PA and lesson will be learn fast
And they will know fast enough not to repeat that kind of event ever again

But lets say you broke your favorite keyboard and they are out of stock and 1 person is selling it for idk 10% more
Would you not buy it?
I see nothing wrong in giving ppl chance to do something even if its for $$$ so idk whats the problem here?
People should simply go to feedback rise their concerns about pricing and that should be end of the story 

BUUUUUT 1 thing i do need to give credit is accessibility
Chance for NONE $$$ players to get vaulted relics is pretty much awesome (heck even if someone is willing to $$$ for build one that is pretty cool)
I own every single primed crap i could but so this event offers nothing to me unless i would wish to get some crap then sell later when they regain their vaulted status
But i do remember how i was waiting for some primes to be unvaulted so i can buy them cheap or farm relics for them

And guessing now they will drop in prices due accessibility seems like good event after all just not for ppl who $$$

And i can agree on 1 thing its not fun event but i cant agree with you being mislead
I mean i can if you admit you mislead yourself since if reading 1 patch notes was enough for me then it should also be enough for you
And that is perfectly fine we all have hopes just dont say it was something like false advertising since it was not
We all do have hopes and expect more than we are offered that is normal 

Is something going to be done about normal Aya drop rates, RNG aside these seem to be way worse than earning the unvaulted relics the old way. 

For players who don't have all the primes, unless they are exceedingly lucky or spend hours every day (or cash!) doing nothing but running 4* bounties (which seem to be the only reliable source of Aya right now) and nothing else, this just isn't sustainable or any kind of fun after a few days let alone 10 weeks. 

I would happily grind Aya if I could negate the Relic RNG on top of that and pay 2/3 Aya for specific Prime parts but running for hours to get a Relic (that is only available for two weeks at the beginning and at the end) that may or may not give the part I need is not an improvement.  

Alternatively just release all the prime relics for the entire period and then we have 10 weeks to farm, open relics and get what we need.  Why timegate/pay wall and burn everyone out before New War. 

Not a good strategy. 

Team. Aya doesn't decrease RNG. Previously you semi-consistently got the relics you wanted by doing certain missions, now there is a 6-7% chance of getting aya in the void, or you could do bounties which is more efficient. I however dislike doing bounties, so I'm not going to grind that out for 10 weeks, nor do I have the time to. If you are so so lucky and get some aya, then you can get the relic you want. And that's great. Now we only face the rng of cracking the relic. But since aya has such a low drop-chance, it makes the rng of getting the unvaulted prime-parts you want effectivly lower than with the normal unvaulting.

On 2021-11-15 at 9:30 PM, [DE]Danielle said:

Hey Tenno! 

With Prime Resurgence launching tomorrow, we wanted to answer your requests to (a) add Platinum to the packs and (b) add Accessories Packs with Platinum. 

A. The reality is that for this inaugural launch we are unable at this time (right before launch) to add Platinum to the packs due to technical and compliance limitations across all Warframe’s platforms. We want to avoid doing any changes midway through the event as well, with it becoming a logistical challenge on the backend setup and unfair to the players who were early participants. While it is not possible for this first run, we have pages upon pages of feedback here that will be considered alongside the data we’ll be reviewing once the event has finished. Rest assured the importance of bonus Platinum in the value proposition is noted for next time. 

B. The same reasoning from A applies to adding Accessories Packs - there is still much to consider for an event that has yet to run, but being the biggest discussed point here we know it is desired. But since we are unable to add a Pack at this point, there is no way for us to add Platinum to a pack that doesn’t exist. 

We really want to stress again that this is our first attempt at running an event like this. It has been 8 years of the same Prime Access system and 7 years of Prime Vault, we aren’t reinventing the wheel but we are venturing into an entirely new way to make Prime items available in ways we’ve never attempted before. And this is why player feedback is so vital, we know what your top concerns are and will take it into consideration if we look at a future run of Prime Resurgence. 

We just simply cannot commit to any major systematic changes at this time, because of the reasons listed above and because we need performance data to make educated and informed decisions if we run the event again. These may not be the answers you were hoping for, but for the sake of transparency they are the answers we have to give at this time. We also want to make a point of saying that you as a player have the freedom to participate in any form that is most comfortable to you. With far more avenues of access to free-path Primed items with Aya, you can dedicate your time to building up that Prime inventory that you’ve been dreaming of. 

Thank you for reading and we’ll see you for tomorrow’s launch! 

Hey Tenno!

How about you stop lying to us and stop screwing over people who've supported you for years, despite being screwed over again and again over the past few years. 

Don't pretend you care about feedback when you blatantly ignore all critical feedback. Stop trying to squeeze more and more money out of your players!  

Thank you!  

vor 15 Minuten schrieb Hokkis31:

Team. Aya doesn't decrease RNG. Previously you semi-consistently got the relics you wanted by doing certain missions, now there is a 6-7% chance of getting aya in the void, or you could do bounties which is more efficient. I however dislike doing bounties, so I'm not going to grind that out for 10 weeks, nor do I have the time to. If you are so so lucky and get some aya, then you can get the relic you want. And that's great. Now we only face the rng of cracking the relic. But since aya has such a low drop-chance, it makes the rng of getting the unvaulted prime-parts you want effectivly lower than with the normal unvaulting.

Finally something about the droprate. Because I tried to farm Aya in the Void since the Event started and only got one out of a Survive mission and on after buyung six packs of relics from the Syndicates. But I already was afraid that we had to handle a below 10 % dropchance for the Aya. It's kinda dissapointing though. I mean. Those Regal Aya stuff... Couldn't they make it kiiinda purchasable with normal Aya. That you maybe grind 50 Aya, forge them into Regal Aya and buy that stuff then OR have the option to go there quicker by buying the Regal Aya? That would be hella tough though. But at least everyone would 've had a real chance to get the regal Aya stuff without throwing in money. That's when I would happily spend some more money. Now I'm just like "Frell that regal AYA Stuff. I'm only going to farm as much relics as I can grab and that's it.

So all in one I sum this whole Event up as "Wel you can grind for Aya which we rarely will grant you so you'Re tempted enough to throw in some money to buy our new shiny premium Currency."

the probability that aya will drop out is very small

9 hours ago, (PSN)chris1pat8twins said:

Too bad we can’t purchase regal aya with platinum. Like 125 per 1 regal aya. Since that’s roughly the same as the platinum and regal aya packs are worth. 370 platinum and 3 regal aya are worth $20. 

Be nice for those who spent a lot of cash on platinum to be able to purchase them that way. Those who got lucky with winning 1,000 from Twitch streams would be like winning 8 regal aya from twitch streams. Since winning fully built primes and other hard to get items seem to be about the same. Obviously platinum from free packs won’t count just as they can’t be traded. 

Just something besides spending even more cash then what was already spent. 

Platinum can be earned without investing money. Do u think anyone will let u get prime accessories for free?lol,no.

3 minutes ago, SephirothWS said:

Someone had to spend money for that tradable platinum you have...

What could be a solution is to only be able to convert not-yet-traded platinum, if that makes sense. That would probably be a tad difficult to track, though. It wouldn't help f2p, but it would lower the cost for those who have already bought platinum

1 minute ago, Hokkis31 said:

That would probably be a tad difficult to track

Considering they're able to track just how much of one's platinum balance was earned through Twitch Giveaways versus traded for, etc. ... I'm sure they can come up with something.

Note: The platinum you get from Twitch Giveaways is flagged as non-tradable platinum, just like the initial platinum you get on new accounts. You can't use this platinum to gift others things from the in-game platinum market.

Archived