Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 30.9.0: Prime Resurgence

[DE]Rebecca

2 hours ago, -AxHx-Vile said:

A new premium currency that can't be traded...yeah this isn't giving me visions of the apocalypse at all.

You couldn't use Platinum to buy Prime Accessories. You needed real money. Why is this suddenly different. You need Regal to buy prime accessories.

Besides, untradable platinum does exist. Any platinum you win as prizes is untradable.

• Like 7

hace 5 horas, [DE]Rebecca dijo:

When dragging around Mod Configs to swap (i.e Swapping Mod Config A to Config B), we now swap applied Helminth abilities as well to support the Modding of a given Helminth choice. 

What?! Why?! I used that mechanic to get better results with my builds (Changing the build position and not moving the Helminth power should return).

We may have the option to buy to have more than just 6 Mod Config slots. at least?

Edited by AJAL8000
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Regal Aya is a premium currency (similar to Platinum, but not tradeable) that gives you instant access to Prime Warframes, Weapons, Accessories, and Bundles available in Varzia’s wares. It can be purchased in the Market or online storefronts.

So platinum but anti free to play. Nice. Can't wait to see what we get with the mobile version!

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, VoidArkhangel said:

Still, if you want only one accessory bundle, Nova's lets say, you would need to buy the 40$ Regal thing while the Vault pack costs 20$ and, as you said, gives you platinum.

Well yeah, there are obviously going to be cases where the old method would be better.

19 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

I think paying the same price to not get 1.2k plat is a pretty big downside...

While I'm rusty on the whole PA thing, is that plat even tradable? If not the downside isnt that big, you just trade being able to buy one type of accessory for another, while one of those accessories arent obtainable with plat ever. But if the plat is tradable it is a big downside, but iirc (which I very well may not :clem:) it works like promo/starter pack and prize plat and isnt tradable.

Edited by SneakyErvin

I do not understand why you guys made the decoration selection screen... half the size...

What is the point is letting the other half of the screen be empty? It provides no purpose. It looks bad. It lowers the usability of the selection screen by 50%

This is a bad change.

You wanted to improve things for decorators. You added simple and expert modes. But you made it harder to see everything at a glance and make it so we can pick decorations quickly. Just... why?!

• Like 2

For all of those criticizing and whining about Regal Aya, go read the FAQ they provided along with this update. They explain it better there. This is no different to how primed stuff has ben working along the years, but only a way to get them easier without having to deal with overpriced prime parts in the market. Those comparing it to a "gacha system" have clearly never played a gacha in their lives, since this has nothing to do with gambling, but you get the part you are looking for. Without mentioning this will be time gated, I don't see that big deal for people to be that salty.

Edited by Rigtis
Grammar
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Rigtis said:

For all of those criticizing and whining about Regal Aya, go read the FAQ they provided along with this update. They explain it better there. This is no different to how primed stuff has ben working along th years, but only a way to get them easier without having to deal with overpriced prime parts in the market. Those comparing it to a "gacha system" have clearly never played a gacha in their lives, since this has nothing to with gambling, but you get the part you are looking for. Without mentioning this will be time gated, I don't see that big deal for people to be that salty.

Actually most sets are still cheaper if you buy plat and use warframe market, than buy Regal Aya. Definitely cheaper if you have a discount. And as normal Aya replaces relics on the void drop table your effectively increasing rarity and plat costs of currently available primes. 

The real salt should be being directed at the fact that there was no retroactive change for people who have played the game forever in relation to standing. Being 400k+ down in quill standing sucks. Atleast vox is still unbearable to farm

Edited by -RG-Jezus
  • Like 9

To add to my previous comment. I understand that prime accesories need to be paid for with real money. But then you could make a system that tracks paid-platinum, and makes accesories only purchasable with that sub-type of platinum. And you already have a system that tracks gifted platinum from rewards and stuff, so it would probably not be that hard to implement. And then you could argue "But what if you buy some platinum, and mix it with traded platinum?" I've thought up a solution :) . You give the paid-platinum least-priority when buying or trading with platinum. So the paid-platinum will be the last platinum you use always. Let's say you have 200plat. 100 traded for, and 100 paid for. If you buy something for 150p, you use 100 traded-for-plat, and 50 paid-plat. This would not change your revenue since people still need to buy platinum for the accesories, but remove the idea of multiple premium currencies

Somehow, the Necramech drop rate seems the same as before the update. After 9 Necramechs defeated I have 3 damaged weaponpods more.
(So now I have 19 damaged chasings, 1 damaged pod and 22 damaged weaponpods with still no damaged engine).
Is anyone else experiencing something similar?

11 minutes ago, Rigtis said:

For all of those criticizing and whining about Regal Aya, go read the FAQ they provided along with this update. They explain it better there. This is no different to how primed stuff has ben working along the years, but only a way to get them easier without having to deal with overpriced prime parts in the market. Those comparing it to a "gacha system" have clearly never played a gacha in their lives, since this has nothing to do with gambling, but you get the part you are looking for. Without mentioning this will be time gated, I don't see that big deal for people to be that salty.

the fact that you sitll gotta pay for accessories sucks. might as well not make it an event, period. this event is 

"either you pay for stuff with real money, or you go grab some platinum and get your stuff from Warframe market" 

in... other words... this so called, gross, event, adds NOTHING to the game. it's a whole lot of nothing. it's trash, and if you can't get access to the interesting stuff with platinum ( which IS paid currency, mind you ) then it's useless, period. 

• Like 13

2 hours ago, mikakor said:

it's Yareli. no amount of buff will fix her. she needs a kit redesign. 

Even DE knows that, that is why my commect got even deleted. This forum is kinda toxic, and that is not the user-based community I am talking about.

Nothing will be getting any better, when Mods, Admins and whatnot are acting like this.

• Like 6

hace 11 minutos, -RG-Jezus dijo:

Actually most sets are still cheaper if you buy plat and use warframe market, than buy Regal Aya. Definitely cheaper if you have a discount. And as normal Aya replaces relics on the void drop table your effectively increasing rarity and plat costs of currently available primes. 

The real salt should be being directed at the fact that there was no retroactive change for people who have played the game forever in relation to standing. Being 400k+ down in quill standing sucks. Atleast vox is still unbearable to farm

I do agree. I forgot to mention that Regal Aya will be obtainable with standing, for those who were calling it "p2w". Cheap is arbitrary, for most people 15p can be a mere sneeze, while for newplayers it could mean hours or farming. Btw, if a player has been playing "the game forever" as you say, they should be used to the inexistent compensations after every big change, since this is a common thing imo.

Edited by Rigtis
Grammar

2 hours ago, MakeLuvNotWerFrame said:

lets take bets on how many bugs this round eh?

Also

Why the heck no revert to tranq gun and abilities yet? I miss scroll wheel activating my abilities while hunting. swapping all the time is a pain in the arse

Indeed. Some months ago, Preservation instantly became one of my least favourite "mission" types.

This may not be QUITE the same thing, but I used to select abilities via a shortcut that called upon the last used ability. Now I need to press the Preservation button (also a shortcut) several times to get rid of the tranq gear, press the key for my ability, and then cycle through the Preservation button again to get it back to the condition I needed it in. No fun.

• Like 1

Just now, Rigtis said:

For all of those criticizing and whining about Regal Aya, go read the FAQ they provided along with this update. They explain it better there. This is no different to how primed stuff has ben working along th years, but only a way to get them easier without having to deal with overpriced prime parts in the market. Those comparing it to a "gacha system" have clearly never played a gacha in their lives, since this has nothing to with gambling, but you get the part you are looking for. Without mentioning this will be time gated, I don't see that big deal for people to be that salty.

It is no different you say? Paying 19.99$ for Unvaulted prime accessories pack that includes 200 plat, the armor set and an extra item is no different than paying 19.99$ to get 3 Regal Aya to get ONLY the armor set? Are you blind?

Just with the plat alone from the accessories pack you can buy an unvaulted frame from people during the unvault period, and you still keep that one extra item from the pack. Not a big deal? It works the same as usual Unvaults? Yeah but actually NO.

And people who refer to the Gacha system, don't mean the gambling, we refer to the amounts of Regal Aya purchasable compared to the prices of the bigger bundles. Do you buy 7 and spend 6, leaving you with 1 left for idk a *dies internally* Distilling extractor, or do you buy 2 times 3 Regal Aya? Ofc majority of people will hop on the bigger offer cuz "it gives extra" and then another and then another, untill you are sucked dry because you had a brainfart and forgot how to convert real life money to "Regal Aya".  We are not saying it is a Gacha system, we are saying that it uses the same predatory pricing, item segmentation and in-game currency to real money conversion that gacha games use.

Do you know why Gacha games use those "techniques"? To Make More Money. You may not get confused, I may not get confused, but someone eventually will, and they will overspend. It is simply a very dirty way to make money. Not to mention that the removal of platinum in the bundles will have much broader impact on the game than you think, because it literally stops the flow of platinum in the game that comes from Unvault offers usually.

Paying the same for less is Very Different! Or you mean to tell me that 50k Endo is equal to 1.2k Platinum?

• Like 14

hace 3 minutos, mikakor dijo:

"either you pay for stuff with real money, or you go grab some platinum and get your stuff from Warframe market" 

Uhhh... hello? This is how the game works since.... forever. You can invest real money to buy what you want or farm the plat to... buy what you want.
I don't see any valid argument in you comment.

2 minutes ago, Rigtis said:

I do agree. I forgot to mention that Regal Aya will be obtainable with standing, for those who were calling it "p2w". Cheap is arbitrary, for most people 15p can be a mere sneeze, while for newplayers it could mean hours or farming. Btw, if a player has been playing "the game forever" as you say, they should be used to the inexistent compensations after every big change, since this is a common thing imo.

Where does it say regal is purchased with standing? I can't find that on DEs post.

But yeah. New system is more expensive than prime vault straight away because you get plat when you buy any other pack on the market place. Including prime access and bundles. 

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Rigtis said:

I do agree. I forgot to mention that Regal Aya will be obtainable with standing

bullS#&$. please show me, because if there is a free to paly way to earn regal aya, it changes things. i'll take back what i said ( mostly ) if you show me there's a free to play way to earn regal aya. but i didn't see it anywhere on their post. 

4 minutes ago, Rigtis said:

Uhhh... hello? This is how the game works since.... forever. You can invest real money to buy what you want or farm the plat to... buy what you want.
I don't see any valid argument in you comment.

i mean that DE is making an event out of something that is already there, so it shouldn't be a thing. is that clearer? 

Edited by mikakor
  • Like 5