The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Angels of the Zariman: Dev Workshop PREVIEW

[DE]Megan

20 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

Everyone "They're going to Nerf Zenurik!!!!"

In reality, they've buffed Zenurik.

Made Madurai a helluva lot more practical as well.

No more sitting around with one's thumb up their ass waiting for the buff to reach decently powerful levels.

19 минут назад, Loza03 сказал:

In reality, they've buffed Zenurik.

I'm glad how those changes look on paper. But what we also really need now is that focus school selection will be bound to your armory loadout instead of selected globally.
With different playstyles/needs of different warframes it will be annoying to change school every time I change the loadout. Untill that happens I'll continue to use Zenurik for everything

8 minutes ago, TheGrimCorsair said:

No more sitting around with one's thumb up their ass waiting for the buff to reach decently powerful levels.

As a Madurai main, I'll miss the Hadouken, but I'll appreciate the Operator ACTUALLY having a damage scaling option.

7 minutes ago, Darth_Predator said:

I'm glad how those changes look on paper. But what we also really need now is that focus school selection will be bound to your armory loadout instead of selected globally.
With different playstyles/needs of different warframes it will be annoying to change school every time I change the loadout. Untill that happens I'll continue to use Zenurik for everything

Uh... this happened a while ago.

My main loadout uses Madurai and my Levelling or 'Goofing around' Loadouts uses Zenurik. Change it from your Arsenal screen to change it just for that loadout, unless I'm very much mistaken.

8 минут назад, Loza03 сказал:

Uh... this happened a while ago.

You, sir, are completely right. That shows you how often I try that. Though I don't remember ever seeing that in the changelogs, considering I read those every time.

Well, then we need to also attach operator arcanes/amp to that instead of how they depend on operator looks slot right now.

Looking good so far from what was shown on the stream. I get it that some Madurai users are upset, but I hope they look at the bigger picture, the picture where there is more content to use operators in that isnt about killing eidolons x times per night, where the changes to a quick 8 second buff on a cooldown simply gives a better flow. Glad DE takes the step now since more operator content is obviously on the horizon given recent content and the upcoming AoZ.

Post Dev-stream 161: 

Focus schools look interesting.  Madurai's  +damage on AMPs/Abilities when switching sounds really cool for caster warframes.   Naramon's ground slam node double your combo count is sweet and good for normal combo builds but also for heavy attack builds (which i notice heavy attack effeciency is gone from zenurik).   I didnt ever use heavy attack builds but not it sounds easier to use them.

Kinda sad some of the waybounds like  operator energy/regen  amp energy/regen didnt get bumps...    

Cant remember what school/node I saw that jacks up your amp crits...  that + klamora/propa sounds insane.   

My fav thing I saw was being able to activate zenurik's void dash by not dashing and just dropping the well lol.   I dont use mind step? on Zenurik because I need those short dashes.  

----------

For me there is just no getting around Naramon...  combo decay is ESSENTIAL to gameplay.  Power spike is great for grinding focus just from fighting.   I wish those two skills were waybounds so I was free to use Madurai or Zenurik or Unairo.     

I would have liked to have seen more operator/melee synergy.    Will transfer kills use parazon??  That would have been cool to incorporate the parazon mods.   Ammo/health/energy on operator to warframe kills.     But  +damage or +crit damage or +status chance on transfering into your warframe???  

+Ability strength is cool but +range should also be an option or duration.   

--------------

Im not into Gyre's appearence but her kit looks bad ass.  

we will see about the focus changes...

what i dont understand tho... TNW introduced a new spoiler character, why not give them all the new abilities/focus treats and leave operator as is... however we will see on april 27.

I have an idea how to make it so that the void strike and unairu wisp are as usefull in eidolon hunt as in normal missions.

Make it so that the wisp's and void strike have no cooldown, but cap it, there is a certain number which you dont need to go above when doing eidolon hunts, there is no need for it to scale endlessly i think.

Keep the void mode on void strike, it is used to survive the eidolon's void spike or however it is called, when the eidolon roars, sending out a big wave that deals damage and applies magnetic proc.

Dont apply the change to unairu wisp, where the wisp's fly to allies in affinity range, there is no need to, as for normal missions we already run vacuum, so it will be easily to collect them, and when it comes to eidolon hunts, people dont run vacuum there, instead they leave the wisps for later usage.

I think the other changes seem quite decent, but those two, plus the new void slingshot instead of void dash, might slow a lot the hunts.

Well, we will see about the void slingshot in game, cause it might not be as bad in practice, and there is still archwing to navigate around the plains of eidolon. But i am sure that the changes to void strike and unairu wisp certainly won't be fun for eidolon hunters, if not tweaked.

I know new updates are always a great way to liven up the game, however last year when we were given hope that cross play was in the works, I remember it being said that the cross -play was the most requested feature over the years and it would get high priority after the Sisters of Parvos update would be released. Well that update came and went and since then we have also got the New War update and now this Angels of Zariman update is about to release yet whenever asked during devstreams about cross play, the question gets brushed off and no information is provided. So the question here is, if this still is a priority or if all the other updates are just higher priority and this has been dumped into the "too hard" basket? 

Would be great to get some form of dev workshop article explaining the current state of this and any sort of timeline when we can expect it and if there are major hurdles then possibly discuss with community on how best to tackle those? As so far the information was last year that it was high priority and now pretty much any other update appears to have even higher priority except for this.

14 hours ago, TheGrimCorsair said:

Not exactly....

One thing that was in the Dev Stream but not in the Overview was Void Strike is getting a 40 Second Cooldown.... Soooo yeah....

I bet some Solo Eidolon Hunterz Won't be Happy About that....

14 hours ago, TheGrimCorsair said:

Indeed.... 

Now you're just waiting around for the cool down to Finish.... 👀

14 hours ago, AlexMercer said:

Not a fan of the new void sling it looks slow and clunky and worse overall the current void dash is perfect please don’t change it or atleast give us an option to switch between?

They Buffed it....

Go see the Focus Rework Overview...

13 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

Looking good so far from what was shown on the stream. I get it that some Madurai users are upset, but I hope they look at the bigger picture, the picture where there is more content to use operators in that isnt about killing eidolons x times per night, where the changes to a quick 8 second buff on a cooldown simply gives a better flow. Glad DE takes the step now since more operator content is obviously on the horizon given recent content and the upcoming AoZ.

Yeah but 40 Seconds ?

That School is pretty Much dead at this point for Eidolons Specifically....

As for me.... Im more curious about the new methods of Obtaining Focus.... 👀

13 hours ago, (XBOX)Big Roy 324 said:

I'm liking the changes overall. Ability keys over dashing through seems better to use most of the time. I missed when they said it was going to drop though.

27th....

13 hours ago, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

I didnt ever use heavy attack builds but not it sounds easier to use them.

I did....

You pretty much have to use  Riven for any Heavy Attack Build that isn't a Gunblade/Glaive....

13 hours ago, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

Cant remember what school/node I saw that jacks up your amp crits...  that + klamora/propa sounds insane.   

It's Madurai's Power Transfer....

It gives your Operator 100% Crit Damage for 20 Seconds when you Transfer.... I think your Warframe also gets a buff but Don't really Care about that.....

13 hours ago, GhostLacuna said:

This developer preview is way to slim on information to even work as a preview for the changes.

Had i not just watched the dev stream i would have zero clue on how the changes even might look like

Well... Everything is subject to to change so I doubt that would make a difference anyway....

I will say though... That Void Strike Change threw me for a loop....

Was excited that they finally removed the waiting around in Void Mode.... But then later Found out they Added a long Cool Down on it.... So now you're.... You know.... Waiting around Again....

13 hours ago, wirecard said:

well im surprised that protective dash was ... protected ... from nerfs like void strike and unairu wisp.

Maybe that just goes to show how useless Vazarin Is in regular Content... 👀

13 hours ago, Mrezu said:

Make it so that the wisp's and void strike have no cooldown, but cap it, there is a certain number which you dont need to go above when doing eidolon hunts, there is no need for it to scale endlessly i think.

Well..... Now it doesn't.... My Guess is the Cooldown was Added Specifically for Regular Gameplay because you don't need 1000% Final Damage Multiplier that you can Activate Constantly....

But now the cool down is so Long that you basically need 4 People on each Hunt To Take Turns Activating Void Strike to Circumvent The Issue.... 

In other words.... You are still waiting around for your Damage to build up in the Content where Void Strike was used in The First Place....

On 2022-04-09 at 11:42 AM, Lutesque said:

Yeah but 40 Seconds ?

That School is pretty Much dead at this point for Eidolons Specifically....

As for me.... Im more curious about the new methods of Obtaining Focus.... 👀

I think it is simply balance for other things, so people dont get used to it elsewhere as a constant damage buff and cry nerf later down the line when it needs to get nerfed. Eidolon content is afterall 4 years old and counting, it shouldnt be used as a benchmark for balance tied to the operator, since the people that mostly run it optimally have zero to get from the mode itself. There will be a new nightly cap cap, it wont really matter since the people that end up running a few less caps arent there for progress anyways. They can still do what they love, optimize their builds to push to test themselves. The changes will help those progressing and it will also likely promote the very thing the mode was intended to be in the first place, group encounters. How it may impact things outside of giant zombie robots is far more interesting and important to me, like actually enjoying extensive operator gameplay everywhere else, much like how I already enjoy frames and mechs (where I'm allowed to use them).

While the school might die for solo hunters or duos, it will still work in organized group (which people beg for constantly to have content cater to). But just imagine how the madurai and unairu changes will enable operator gameplay elsewhere. Current void strike is barely an option for other content where you might wanna play the operator, you just dont have time to wait etc. And while homing wisps may be a discomfort in eidolon hunts, it will be a massive QoL everywhere else. And in eidolon hunts it will just require some common sense, like alternating your distance to others in the group. I mean, it isnt like we dont have a large amount of current and upcoming operator content where the changes will make sense and improve gameplay.

I wish I could look forward to that new method too, but sadly I'm already capped. :blush:

Personally I hope the hunters consider why they actually hunt to begin with and realize that they might get a new reason to hunt with the changes, in order to set new records under the new system no matter if it involves less kills per night or not. Though I do agree with them, 40sec is a bit too long. Somewhere between 20-30 seconds would be a good spot depending on when the cooldown starts. If it starts when the skills is cast and still active then around 25 sec or so wouldnt be too bad, if it starts afterwards, then around 20 sec would imo be enough.

On 2022-04-09 at 11:42 AM, Lutesque said:

They Buffed it....

Go see the Focus Rework Overview...

Yes i know they did and it still looks worse than the current void dash both in terms of visual and they way it works looks way more clunky than the current void dash and still not as smooth or fast even after the small boost it got i still prefer the current void dash never had a problem using it.

Please don't make void dash useless now... if it will be as slow, as it was visible on the gamplay, it will be just another rarely used mechanic . What about eidolons?, void dash is essential there.

When it comes to focus schools, I am glad that there will be some changes , but please don't nerf Naramon combo decay.

I enjoy that these enemies are being changed so they are more meaningful/noticeable in gameplay, they should have some crowd control immunity, however I hope to have some special interactions with Banshee's silence in some form.

• 2 weeks later...

The new "sling" looks really slow, sluggish which is literally against everything that this game is about - speed. The void strike, despite looking a bit too much in terms of cooldown, is not as bad as this change. Dash distance was good but what makes it shine is the speed. Too many times we've seen speed nerfs to the game and it only meant bad for the gameplay itself. So please reconsider that change or leave the void dash as it is and implement the void sling as a "double jump" sort of speak, so this way there will be more ways to move with the operator but also keep the speed from the dash as it is. Also the good part about the void dash is how fast you can maneuver by just clicking one of the moving buttons, you can dash backwards you can dash sideways you can combine them as well making the dash really the superior one.

Archived