Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(In)Sanity Check

Lewdcifer

I don't get who is doing this but I feel like they really need to sort out internally on who is making the changes for the game.

Get this: Overguard is now 50% of before, or half. This means they're less brain dead bullet sponge that takes forever to kill unless you use melee?

OOPS, Viral now does not work on overguard anymore. Well, let's see what that means. Viral multiply damage by x4.25 at 10 stacks (easy). NOT working means overguard ehp essentially went up by x4.25 pretty much always.

And put them together and we get: 2.125 TIMES OVERGUARD TTK than BEFORE update.

Let's put aside whether viral should work on overguard (it shouldn't), this is such an insanely telegraphed problem involving basic game knowledge it begs the question of sanity. WHO IS DOING THIS??

This is just hillariously bad, and immediately noticable if you haven't given up on everything but melee (which is reasonable at this point).

Jesus.

I call it a silver lining as they died too quickly before (and still do, imo). If only they fixed the oversight and left Overguard as it was.

And no I'm not a Brammakong over here, I've encountered no TTK issues using a Kuva Karak and the Incarnon weapons.

8 minutes ago, Lewdcifer said:

OOPS, Viral now does not work on overguard anymore. Well, let's see what that means. Viral multiply damage by x4.25 at 10 stacks (easy). NOT working means overguard ehp essentially went up by x4.25 pretty much always.

Good, to break the Viral meta a bit and make Magnetic more relevant. Didnt make sense Overguard/Shield being affected by Viral anyways.

2 hours ago, Lewdcifer said:

Let's put aside whether viral should work on overguard (it shouldn't), this is such an insanely telegraphed problem involving basic game knowledge it begs the question of sanity. WHO IS DOING THIS??

People who aren't slaves to the meta. If you weren't a meta slave, like I wasn't, the entire update was a straight nerf to Overguard

3 hours ago, Lewdcifer said:

It's extremely obvious that viral affecting overguard was a bug, it's description literally says it only effects HEALTH. As such, fixing that is unrelated to changes to eximus/thrax effective hp.

I personally think it's great that some enemies actually require you to focus on them in order to deal with them before they take you out, and hope DE aims to put a bit more challenge into other aspect as well. They definitely overcorrected Eximus a bit, but the fixes they've made, including halving overguard AND making Eximus no longer spawn at higher levels than other enemies, have made things much more reasonable.

17 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

EXIMUS CHANGES 

• Fixed Overguard counting as Health and taking damage from Viral Status Effect.
    • Overguard situates itself in a new category of “protection”. It differs from Shields, Armor, and Health. That said, Viral Status Effects affecting Overguard was unintentional and has been changed to not only fit the original design for Viral damage, but also Overguard. 
      • We originally mentioned in the Eximus Reborn Dev Workshop that the only Status Effect that would work on Eximus while Overguard is present is Cold Status Effects (up to 4 stacks!).
  • Lifesteal now works on damage dealt to Overguard.
    • Considering Overguard is another health pool for an Eximus/Thrax

DE done lost it. 

Viral doesn't work on overgaurd because it's not health but life steal works because overgaurd is another health pool.

8 minutes ago, Berzerkules said:

life steal works because overgaurd is another health pool.

Life steal doesn't specify that it only works on health. The idea is that you get a portion of the damage you deal back as health.

3 minutes ago, Corvid said:

Life steal doesn't specify that it only works on health. The idea is that you get a portion of the damage you deal back as health.

In the same post they say overguard isnt health and a few lines lower they say it is. 

Fixed Overguard counting as Health and taking damage from Viral Status Effect

Overguard is another health pool for an Eximus/Thrax

If overguad is another health pool, viral should work. Since life steal never had to damage health, only do damage, it should have always worked against overguard. 

DE makes no sense.

• Fixed Overguard counting as Health and taking damage from Viral Status Effect.
    • Overguard situates itself in a new category of “protection”. It differs from Shields, Armor, and Health. That said, Viral Status Effects affecting Overguard was unintentional and has been changed to not only fit the original design for Viral damage, but also Overguard. 
  • Lifesteal now works on damage dealt to Overguard.
    • Considering Overguard is another health pool for an Eximus/Thrax and that Lifesteal already works on Health and Shields, Overguard is now susceptible to Lifesteal to give players another way to tactically engage with them. The fights with Eximus can be quite challenging, so having another avenue of survivability is always encouraged! 

They're referring to Health, Shields and Armour as "health pools". Health is the health health pool. Overguard is the overguard health pool.

Viral only affects the health health pool, but lifesteal works on shields and health. Overguard is now included in the categories of things that lifesteal affects, but no longer considered health, but it's own health pool.

That's how I read it, anyway.

Hillarious how people don't get the point.

The point literally isn't whether viral should work, which I explicitly said it shouldn't

The entire point is that overguard was bad and it's worse, irrespective of whether viral need to have another use.

If you didn't use viral it just went from incredibly terrible to still incredibly terrible. If you used viral it went from terrible to just horsecrap.

4 hours ago, Berzerkules said:

In the same post they say overguard isnt health and a few lines lower they say it is. 

Fixed Overguard counting as Health and taking damage from Viral Status Effect

Overguard is another health pool for an Eximus/Thrax

If overguad is another health pool, viral should work. Since life steal never had to damage health, only do damage, it should have always worked against overguard. 

DE makes no sense.

It makes sense when you look at context instead of just the individual word. DE refers to standard health pools as Health where as Overguard is referred to as a different type of health pool. There is also Shield which is just a blue colored health pool.

In English a single word can have a long list of meanings, and which meaning the word means is entirely dependent on the context it is being used in. I personally found English to be obnoxious to learn on my own and still don't really know how grammar works.

9 hours ago, Lewdcifer said:

I don't get who is doing this but I feel like they really need to sort out internally on who is making the changes for the game.

Get this: Overguard is now 50% of before, or half. This means they're less brain dead bullet sponge that takes forever to kill unless you use melee?

This is just hillariously bad, and immediately noticable if you haven't given up on everything but melee (which is reasonable at this point).

Jesus.

I'm really curious if the amount health scaled up for this patch was reduced at all for armored eximus.  Just from casual play, I'd guess no.

@(XBOX)TheWayOfWisdom

51 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

I'm really curious if the amount health scaled up for this patch was reduced at all for armored eximus.  Just from casual play, I'd guess no.

@(XBOX)TheWayOfWisdom

Well just gonna say right off the bat, I don't know the all the old values. Only have a few written down.

Lancer Eximus went from 100 base health to 175 base health (+75% increase)
Corrupted Heavy Gunner Eximus went from 250 base health to 325 (+30% increase)
Charger Eximus went from 143 base health to 255 base health (~78.3% increase)

So it's a bit weird. Even with the Overguard nerf, CHG went up in raw EHP by ~21%, but Charger Eximus went down in raw EHP by ~35% (both at level 100, not counting Viral procs)

All I know is that Thrax are more of a pain than ever.

Oh yea, Shielded eximus units got their shield scaling equation buffed a bit too.

8 hours ago, (XBOX)TheWayOfWisdom said:

All I know is that Thrax are more of a pain than ever.

Oh yea, Shielded eximus units got their shield scaling equation buffed a bit too.

I noticed this as well when I went into an void flood for both of the new incarnon weapon challenges for the 12 sealed and I kept thinking "Wow feels like these Thrax guys are alot more resilient"

Course....I dont really do Zeri missions anymore because I find them far more tedious than anything else in the game, really I'd rather farm The Sentient Murex and the Shedu assault cannon in the Veil Proxima than do these new missions.

Archived