Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Take a hit DE

PrimalordialBob

4分钟前 , Amolistic. 说:

huh...im not trying to be toxic at all at the beginning as im not a toxic person to begin with, but once i go into the recent reviews, what i see is only china players review bombing with very harsh words (im malaysian chinese, i understand what they said though), feeling like they're just venting about their exploits that's so unhealthy for the game being fixed and they just completely mad about it, something like "狗DE" (means DE dog), "DE你妈死了“ (means DE you mom dead, is it?) already came from their mouth, what are you going to expect?

China players dont even use steam regularly, come here and leave such harsh words, wasnt they malding about it or its just their misinput?

I just give my perspective, dont have to be this aggressive towards me, to be honest.

And I was suggesting you are not toxic, merely having some factual error regarding it's all about wukong player, aka wrong direction, it's not all about wukong. No hard feeling bro, I'm not even trying to be aggressive, I'd like to apologize if you feel offended.

Many of the players are just seeking to achieve fun game experience, satisfying reward and cool looking frame, player being player. Most of them don't think game reviews require rational thinking or wording, hence a significantly experience changing patch resulting in what you see. The cursing you see I doubt it mean that bad in Chinese context since you can see those words quite often used in various way. The equivalent wording in English I believe are the  F word  S word or MotherF word. It just shows poor decency with anger. 

Just now, SakuyaJoeyy said:

And I was suggesting you are not toxic, merely having some factual error regarding it's all about wukong player, aka wrong direction, it's not all about wukong. No hard feeling bro, I'm not even trying to be aggressive, I'd like to apologize if you feel offended.

Many of the players are just seeking to achieve fun game experience, satisfying reward and cool looking frame, player being player. Most of them don't think game reviews require rational thinking or wording, hence a significantly experience changing patch resulting in what you see. The cursing you see I doubt it mean that bad in Chinese context since you can see those words quite often used in various way. The equivalent wording in English I believe are the  F word  S word or MotherF word. It just shows poor decency with anger. 

nah its ok, i should be telling a more bigger picture next time and explain it better, though i can understand the complaints about ammo nerfs in steam reviews, but they're pale in numbers if you compare them to the chinese...and yeah, i found them aka chinese players lack some anger management.

53 minutes ago, Amolistic. said:

huh...im not trying to be toxic at all at the beginning as im not a toxic person to begin with, but once i go into the recent reviews, what i see is only china players review bombing with very harsh words (im malaysian chinese, i understand what they said though), feeling like they're just venting about their exploits that's so unhealthy for the game being fixed and they just completely mad about it, something like "狗DE" (means DE dog), "DE你妈死了“ (means DE you mom dead, is it?) already came from their mouth, what are you going to expect?

China players dont even use steam regularly, come here and leave such harsh words, wasnt they malding about it or its just their misinput?

I just give my perspective, dont have to be this aggressive towards me, to be honest.

If you were trying to say what you thought factual, ok.

The reason it seemed toxic is because 'wukong main' has somewhat become a derogatory term. For example, say I post on reddit against the nerf. I'll get multiple people calling me a braindead wukong main or a Chinese wukong main. The posters do not mean it in a factual way but rather a derogatory way.

5分钟前 , Amolistic. 说:

nah its ok, i should be telling a more bigger picture next time and explain it better, though i can understand the complaints about ammo nerfs in steam reviews, but they're pale in numbers if you compare them to the chinese...and yeah, i found them aka chinese players lack some anger management.

they are not aware of this or the patch motivated them bit too hard. The game is designed around ton of grinding and rng reward, so lowering the efficiency is perceived designing against players, understandable, poor decency nonetheless .

2 hours ago, 0asu said:

Uhh I think you're missing the context. 

Post wasn't taking a stance on AoE/Ammo nerfs or any nerfs. 

Post was saying that these things were normalized and therefore the game was totally an afk farm game.

Except all of those things were unintended errors and nerfed out of existence. "Normalizing" and "Nerfed out of existence" imply very distinct things.

3 hours ago, kyori said:

Ah white knight troublemaker. bye

Just as you don't need to announce your departure, you also do not need to announce that you are blocking someone.

Especially when you do it in such a way that makes it abundantly clear how well you handle dissent.

2 hours ago, Ethorin said:

Post was saying that these things were normalized and therefore the game was totally an afk farm game.

Except all of those things were unintended errors and nerfed out of existence. "Normalizing" and "Nerfed out of existence" imply very distinct things.

In the context of the post I was initially was replying to, Normalizing was referring to players using afk farms not being exclusive to china servers and spans across all servers. Also, the fact that you're familiar with the examples I've listed and the nerfs they received highlight the fact that they were indeed common practice.

Your points are valid and I'm all for a balanced game econ but it was a bit of a derailment of the post intentions.

WF Forums need threads to make following conversations plausible, it's 2022 and these boards look like a relic of the the early 2000's. LULW 

2 hours ago, Corvid said:

Just as you don't need to announce your departure, you also do not need to announce that you are blocking someone.

Especially when you do it in such a way that makes it abundantly clear how well you handle dissent.

Bye.

6 hours ago, kyori said:

Ah white knight troublemaker. bye

And you sound like just another buzz word spouting gamer that thinks zingers mean something, that does not even realize Listening To Feedback does not equal Doing What The Loud Forum Minority Says.

Pretty funny.

2 hours ago, Zimzala said:

And you sound like just another buzz word spouting gamer that thinks zingers mean something, that does not even realize Listening To Feedback does not equal Doing What The Loud Forum Minority Says.

Pretty funny.

ok.

It is hilarious how whiny people are. This was one of the smallest nerfs I have ever seen. Calling it a nerf is borderline hilarious. Do the people throwing a fit even play the game? Because AoE does the exact same thing it did before the 'nerf'. Maybe stop typing essays on the internet and play the game, you will find out what clowns you are.

The digital karens and the new ones were organized, seriously pass me the discord Chat i want to go in and laugh so much.
It's good that the crybabies are leaving, please finish leaving once and for all and stop coming to the forum to cry to see if they listen to you all at the expense of the balance of the game.

Will Smith Run GIF by MOODMAN
I can assure you that DE knows very well who is who i say it for all those with a secondary account, it is useless to post with several accounts.

I think there's a conflict here between DE's vision for the game and the way the game actually plays. Something I haven't seen a lot of people mention in these AOE discussions is that mowing down hordes of enemies is pretty much mandatory to progress. Earning affinity by killing enemies is pretty much the only viable way to rank up weapons, polarize them, earn mastery points, focus, etc. The more enemies you kill, the more affinity you get, the faster you progress (in theory). Unfortunately I think DE pigeonholed players into using AOE to blitz groups of enemies, and now it feels like they're punishing them for using the most logical approach to the game.

Not that the changes were unwarranted - I tend to play solo strictly because I hate getting left in the dust while MR30s with Kuva Zarrs mow down every enemy in a stage and leave me with nothing to do. I think this whole thing is a symptom of a greater problem with the way Warframe is designed as a whole.

21 minutes ago, Hardwood said:

It is hilarious how whiny people are. This was one of the smallest nerfs I have ever seen. Calling it a nerf is borderline hilarious. Do the people throwing a fit even play the game? Because AoE does the exact same thing it did before the 'nerf'. Maybe stop typing essays on the internet and play the game, you will find out what clowns you are.

Thank you for adding nothing to the discussion.

1 hour ago, Ne0nRunner said:

I think there's a conflict here between DE's vision for the game and the way the game actually plays. Something I haven't seen a lot of people mention in these AOE discussions is that mowing down hordes of enemies is pretty much mandatory to progress. Earning affinity by killing enemies is pretty much the only viable way to rank up weapons, polarize them, earn mastery points, focus, etc. The more enemies you kill, the more affinity you get, the faster you progress (in theory). Unfortunately I think DE pigeonholed players into using AOE to blitz groups of enemies, and now it feels like they're punishing them for using the most logical approach to the game.

Not that the changes were unwarranted - I tend to play solo strictly because I hate getting left in the dust while MR30s with Kuva Zarrs mow down every enemy in a stage and leave me with nothing to do. I think this whole thing is a symptom of a greater problem with the way Warframe is designed as a whole.

You can still mow down hordes of enemies with our current AoE weapons, they are more than capable for that. They still retain their destructive powers and ridiculous range (got hit slightly but it still doesn't matter). The main difference is you can't just spam your rockets at the floor anymore because you have to make every single rocket count. Shooting them at hordes of enemies like you mentioned not shooting at the floor facing general direction red markers appearing on the map or spamming 5 arrow bombs to that one hiding Grineer Scorpion in the corner. Use melee or pistol for that instead, the weapon swap speed increase is to accomodate for this. And it feels so good.

Honestly I've had a lot more fun playing with my Bramma this way than I did back before this update. I get to use my pistols and knives more in tandem.

On 2022-09-09 at 1:03 PM, PrimalordialBob said:

DE sent out random surveys to try and gauge the community's reaction. Well look no further than your steam reviews, it's pretty clear how most of the community feels.

In addition to Steam reviews being more transparent, direct and uncensored, DE should also look at the game ranking! It literally sinked more than 10 positions after this terrible update! That’s the true feedback of THE players and not just at most few dozens on the forum asking for nerfs everyday! Comparing to the overall player base, the voices that constantly want to nerf this games only represent at best few % of the overall player base and are radically harmful if their opinions are implemented! 

2小时前 , Ne0nRunner 说:

Actually, using k bamma mowing down hordes of enemy cannot rank up your secondary and melee because of affinity distribution......

But yes, you can rank up your frame that way. I just won't call it mandatory.

hace 14 horas, George_PPS dijo:

“Crybabies” are leaving? It’s mass player exodus and votes of NO! Go check game ranking yourself. It’s sank to the lowest ever. 

Pff. Do you think this is the first time crybaby has done that on steam? ridiculous. It is obvious that in 10 years there have been nerfs 10 times harder and every time it is the same with the crybabys. Go to steam to leave a stupid opinion so that it looks like they hate the update and cry in the forum, pathetic... While the majority continues to play normally and the game has almost 600k active players with all platforms (not all of them play on steam, myself included) why I should be bothered by the complaints of people who have not even been playing this for much time and to top it off they cry for a slight change that doesn't really affect anything?

I see people using KZarr as usual and without any problems all time i've even talked to some of them and they say they don't feel any change with the correct build. But of course it is better to complain about a non-existent problem because they want to nuke the entire map in seconds because according to them that is the way the game is.

Also, there are tons of weapons that do damage in an area and they are still used without any problem. But they love to play dumb to the truth to go crying all day for something that barely affects those who do bad builds. Seriously it's ridiculous.

On 2022-09-16 at 4:28 PM, Amolistic. said:

im malaysian chinese, i understand what they said though

Interesting reference without properly quoting me, good one. Thanks, I'm offended.

Spoiler

Remark: In case some others might wonder, I'm the ONLY ONE mentioned that I'm Malaysian Chinese (explicitly in Forum) in voicing out for the Chinese feedback issue on steam in Forums, here's the search result of my whole forum search.

bWXRrbD.png

In case you're/other's having problem understanding my complete statement, here's my original argument.

On 2022-09-11 at 6:13 PM, YouDontCB_87 said:

I'm glad you pointed out that languages/words that's not in letter of the alphabet could shown in ******, which means it could be other languages (e.g. Japanese, Thais, Vietnamese, Burmese, etc.) as well, it's not fair for just Chinese players to take all the blame.

Me as Malaysian (nationality) Chinese (race) player who play English version (i.e. I understand both Chinese & English; I still see ****), I don't get annoyed by **** but rather I just ask "I can't read what you've wrote" or simply reply with "English please?". Some may not reply perhaps they can't read(?) or simply don't bother to reply, while some may reply with broken/proper English, just ask if you don't know what they're talking about. The point is they could speak you language and they could be nice as well.

Besides, this game has other languages too, which means the player base isn't just here to embrace English players only, at least be understanding that they don't speak your language.

All in all, I hope we as a player could really listen to and understand players' "suffering" and needs, instead of ridicule and label them as 'Chinese players'.

The intention I was pointing this out, was for players to (1) avoid ONLY looking onto extreme voices, (2) look at the real needs via those who said & (3) being constructive instead of destructive.

feeling like they're just venting about their exploits that's so unhealthy for the game being fixed and they just completely mad about it, something like "狗DE" (means DE dog), "DE你妈死了“ (means DE you mom dead, is it?) already came from their mouth, what are you going to expect?

"China players dont even use steam regularly, come here and leave such harsh words, wasnt they malding about it or its just their misinput?"

Interesting maneuver, simply making statement without prove. Here's the prove in Steam. Think twice before you making prejudice on other groups that you don't even know but only looking into the extreme voices. (PS: Overall Warframe reviews in Chinese vs English on steam)

Summary: In overall 521,102 reviews on steam as of now, Chinese overall reviews has 110,376, which makes up around 1/5 of the overall reviews. In case you're saying "ALL leaving negative comments are Chinese", let's subtract all recent negative reviews with overall Chinese reviews, [110,376 - 13,494 = 96,882], and still made up to 18.59% [96,882/521,102] of the overall comment.

Spoiler

When I'm ONLY selecting Chinese Language (regardless of Traditional/Simplified Chinese), yes I changed the whole steam language in setup, Chinese language has more than 100k which makes 1/5 of the overall comment.

qbPoSnm.png

When I'm ONLY selecting Englishyes I changed the whole steam language in setup again, there is more than 200k,  which makes up 2/5 of the overall comment.

wgmppO9.png

My default language setup both English + Chinese, overall joined up to 300k+.

bzEoXGI.png

I'm not here to blame you (I wished others reading this don't blame you as well), and I'm not ignoring the fact that Chinese's reviews are majority negatives and some with harsh words, but not ALL reviews written in this manner. By generalizing the extreme voices will only drown off those who making voices about their needs

Please make discussions that are constructive with less bias.

huh...im not trying to be toxic at all at the beginning as im not a toxic person to begin with, but once i go into the recent reviews, what i see is only china players review bombing with very harsh words

Fun fact: Chinese cursing words (including it's dialects) has the most rude cursing I've ever come across, (compared to Malay & English) cursing people to "die" is just one of the normal routine in Chinese cursing, prove is those words you pointed out.

Disclaimer: I'm not here to normalize it and saying that tell other players to 'die' is ok (certainly English doesn't curse that harsh as Chinese language), yet I'm here to point out the facts and language differences.

I'm ending my whole reply with your words: I just give my perspective, dont have to be this aggressive towards me, to be honest. Sound sarcastic?

Archived