Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kahl Missions need to be the first and last of this sort of content

Kawaki_

The Kahl missions have ALL been the most unfun, frustrating experiences I've had in Warframe in a while. I have not spoken to a single person who likes these missions. They're buggy, the hidden objectives are tedious and sometimes not even completable due to bugs, and the feel of the missions just isn't "Warframe". It's not what people log onto the game to play, yet they have to because certain content is locked behind it. Just never do this again DE, thanks.

I think there is a place for them but yeah... needs a fair bit of refinement before going further. I think most of the stuff it needs are coming soon, shame they weren't included at the start! (cumulative objectives, etc.)

It's a nice change of pace from the usual WF gameplay and we do get something out of it for doing it though.

I just put them up with missions like Clem, Ayatans, Invasions, Bounties, etc. 

Do them when you feel like it. 

I just wish the inventory was a bit more... filled out? I'd kill for a Kahl specter with our fashion on him or some of his brothers following him about. I just don't think a Archon shard and Mods are enough! 

31 minutes ago, Nipplezz said:

Kahl Missions need to be the first and last of this sort of content

Why? A bunch of people manifested interest in missions played with Kahl and hopefully some time soon Veso.

31 minutes ago, Nipplezz said:

I have not spoken to a single person who likes these missions.

Well you just met two, im sure more may manifest.

33 minutes ago, Nipplezz said:

They're buggy

Havent encountered any yet and i did all the missions so far, some more than once.

34 minutes ago, Nipplezz said:

The hidden objectives are tedious and sometimes not even completable due to bugs,

If exploration isnt your thing then just dont do the missions, Again, i havent encountered any bugs.

38 minutes ago, Nipplezz said:

feel of the missions just isn't "Warframe".

They arent Warframe, they are Kahl, thats the whole purpose of it, to give players something different from the normal gameplay. Its not something that will appeal to everyone.

48 minutes ago, Nipplezz said:

Just never do this again DE, thanks.

Cant wait to see a Veso version. ^^

The problem with the missions is Kahl himself. The missions are no problem, and I really liked the stealth mission in particular because of the puzzles and camera-hacking stuff. Easter egg hunting is at least tolerable when you have mobility and speed on hand, which Kahl lacks with a vengence.

21 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Just because the Corpus ship he was in got shot, doesnt mean hes dead, Corpus Capital ships can eject the bridge module.

Also, he has Shield Gating! :V

he literally died, from the vacuum if he survived, the Cetus member in the camp literally confirms he died

Flying a Railjack is mushy, like steering a marshmallow through a tub of butter. Aiming is slow, there is nothing thrilling about it.

Being underwater is testing. 

Veilbreaker as a Grenier made me stop playing for a couple weeks. 

Being in operator mode is slow, the jumps are dorky and it there is no parity to being in a frame, its second rate, I almost never see players in operator mode in missions.

Voidrigs are slow, plodding.

The missions of New War were all weak characters with plinky guns. 

The main mode - being in a warframe is thrilling, really, just amazing. Everything else is just pain. Phases of the game to plod and suffer through in order to get back to warframe missions. These other missions, just some effort, something to make them not pain - the grenier veilbreaker missions could have some Quake style acceleration ramps, instead it slow, frustrating jetpack. Let me pick up some mods to up my weapon as I go. 

A bit back there was some quest where you had to walk around in a field looking for bits on the ground. I just do not understand how the same team that make the main warframe missions so thrilling makes most every other mode to thoroughly frustrating, painful and unenjoyable. I'm going to do veilbreaker again, if I can't get through that pain I'll probably quit again. 

I love being in a warframe but most everything else is testing and parts of the game to suffer through.

srry / thx

6 hours ago, BiancaRoughfin said:
7 hours ago, Nipplezz said:

The hidden objectives are tedious and sometimes not even completable due to bugs,

If exploration isnt your thing then just dont do the missions, Again, i havent encountered any bugs.

Exploration in Kahl mode isn't great imho. It's just too slow.

I've spend lots of time in Zariman once it launched. Just basic stuffs that don't give me much like angel or medalions. 1/2 hour weren't something uncommon. I once (or twice) spend ~1 hour trying to get what one console do (it's just elevator that doesn't work). I went around map, many meters (kilometers) to get close to that console from different place.

I just tried to run the facility hijack thing. The stealth bit was fine, there wasn't really a puzzle, I don't like that one requirement is 'do it fast' and the others are 'search every nook and cranny'. But I hated the ending where the alarms get raised in a 'change in objective: kill everyone' style thing, except now we've got a chunky guy with no armour and mobility, and the only weapon you're allowed to bring is an Exergis that fires 1 round per 2 seconds and doesn't even oneshot unless it's a headshot, against a horde of enemies and deacons. 

It's just tedious. I don't mind stealth at all, I quite like it, but the game's systems aren't configured for it so you can't get the depth of it that you might be looking for. 

for most missions, i have the option of dozens of frames with several different weapon and mod loadouts for every frame. These missions have none of that. And several the tile-sets seem to be have been made for warframe mobility. 

Maybe they could get Kahl some upgrades at some point. The jetpack seemed like it cold help.

some bad things about kahls missions:

1. they kinda lack interaction with your progression. a MR1 playing kahls missions and a MR30 playing them would have the same experience. nothing you got this far affects your gameplay in kahl's missions. it's like a separated content island you have to play to obtain the new rewards

2. most objetives are "collect x". this isnt a ps1 game. can't we have better objectives? 

overall, they're just some content i have to play once a week then i can continue to not play until DE finally releases something fun to do.

On 2022-09-30 at 11:26 AM, Nipplezz said:

The Kahl missions have ALL been the most unfun, frustrating experiences I've had in Warframe in a while. I have not spoken to a single person who likes these missions. They're buggy, the hidden objectives are tedious and sometimes not even completable due to bugs, and the feel of the missions just isn't "Warframe". It's not what people log onto the game to play, yet they have to because certain content is locked behind it. Just never do this again DE, thanks.

I agree with your point about it being objectively a 100% random different game, and subjectively being one that as far as I know isn't enjoyed by anyone at all, myself very much included.  What I completely disagree with is you implying that this should stay as it is.  The rewards should, at an absolute bare minimum be sourced from at very least a couple places in the game warframe instead of whatever that stuff is.  Additionally, If that is what this soulframe is going to be like, then I very much look forward to actively avoiding it, and I'm beyond certain that virtually everyone else will happily do the same.  It's fine if they leave whatever that game is, awkwardly inside warframe, but the player base should be free, both to completely and totally avoid that very odd and totally out of place content, and still have access to literally all of the rewards that are currently locked behind the players being subjected to what I'm going to euphemistically refer to as "very unenjoyable content".

• 1 month later...

I disagree we need more missions like this instead of missions about damage, damage, damage all the time.

Someone asked the question is Kahl missions a waste of development time? I say yes and no.

No coz we need more missions like that and not all about the boring challenge of killing high-level enemies all the bloody time, no we need a different kind of challenge where it`s about skill over what mods you put on you blasted weapons, plus this opens the door to other possibilities.

Yes coz we have been asking for operator-only mission for years but Khal just makes one appearance and he`s got his own missions, which is unfair for the ppl that wanted operator-only missions and that is what should of happen instead of Khal.

But I do agree that it needs some improvements and one thing he needs is a speed increase (operators also) and less cluncky, it don`t make sence that they can do a edge grab boost but can`t run faster.

So yes DE WE NEED MISSIONS LIKE THIS!

They are ok. could do without having to do them every week for the archon shard,  the content doesnt seem that very related to each other, but i dont mind redoing them (except the 3rd one, that ones annoying) first 2 are great. Just get everything done in sub 15 minutes every time after the changes.

I'd really like more missions like disruption tho. 

I actually have been enjoying these missions a lot tbh, specially after the latest updates that toned down the scavenger hunts by a lot and added the new bosses. It's really fun and I love kahl as a character. It's Clem's potential finally being fully realized.

Also having the new grineer drop ship with kahl's gang as summonable npcs has been a blast. 

100% agree with you OP, cant stand these crap missions of Kahl, DE should just put it in the frame fighter mode for all those who like the find and seek games.. A few players like the Kahl slow crap, and good luck to them, but DE doesnt need to make this kind of junk for the rest of us to play.. release some real content and forget this kind of trash in mainline game, in-fact why dont DE put the same resources they use on fixing bugs in the game.. oh hang-on thats no-one.. doh!

• 2 weeks later...

So far i've done every single kahl mission.
And other than junk run i did not enjoyed it at all .
Prison break is so bad i cannot explain it fully- you cannot skip it either.

If they won't do a crafting recipe from normal shards- soon i'll drop it .

Archived