Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Echoes of Veilbreaker: Hotfix 32.1.1

[DE]Megan

40 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

Sepulcrum not accumulating charges from DoT kills was on the known issues list yesterday.  Is it still "known"? :P  It's definitely not fixed.  

Same issue affects Battacor, Trumna, and the Carnis set special.

Sadly a bug being "known" does not imply that it will be immediately fixed in the next hotfix. We have a solution but it will require native code which means it has to go out with the next cert update. 

3 minutes ago, [DE]Momaw said:

Sadly a bug being "known" does not imply that it will be immediately fixed in the next hotfix. We have a solution but it will require native code which means it has to go out with the next cert update. 

Oh, it would have been a treat if it'd been fixed so quickly, but I didn't expect it.   I just think it would be a really good thing for known issues to accumulate on the "Known Issues" list rather than disappear and have us wonder. 

This one is quite specific, but frankly I would love to have a compiled "Known Issues" list that was easy to find and vaguely...comprehensive?  That word implies something way more ambitious than what I really mean.  Maybe the top 10 bugs that are on your minds.

I really miss the public Trello board approach that yall used for a while.

23 minutes ago, [DE]Momaw said:

Can we please have a better way of knowing exactly which bugs are known and what their current status is beyond hoping for a rare reply or soft mention in a update thread? 

I am glad that DE responses, bug reporting and bug fixes have improved a lot recently but I still really feel like there should be a better method instead of having people randomly stumble upon your comment here and then seeing that the bug will remain unfixed for over 2 months since it requires a cert update which is more extensive than a regular patch note that you will see in a hotfix or just having radio silence regarding the bug they reported.

31 minutes ago, Cerikus said:

“Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.”

Knowledge is knowing Fulmination improves blast radius. Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a Lex.

-> If you don't allow players to make big mistakes in modding, there is nothing to learn.

Honestly, it sounds like you've forgotten what it's like to be a beginner in this game...if you think there aren't plenty of mistakes--so, so many mistakes-- to be made in modding without this very specific kind of unpolished obscurity.  It's particularly bad because the game is totally inconsistent about it.  Fulmination is treated one way; Tactical Reload another.  What's a player supposed to be learning there?  That Warframe often makes no sense?

Anyway, the fact that this issue exists has nothing to do with DE wanting us to learn  or acquire wisdom, as you put it.   If they want to retain more players, addressing this is one thing that would help a bit.

Please fix:

• Melee weapons as well as exalted melee weapons losing all benefits of the gladiator set bonus/blood rush/weeping wounds, if you build combo with your melee weapon then perform a heavy attack with your exalted melee weapon(bug reset only by changing your combo multiplier; most easily done by performing a heavy attack with your melee weapon, resetting your entire combo multiplier)
  • Umbra forcing the Operator to teleport to him after Transference In, instead of vice versa
  • Nyx's Mind Control being freed(i.e. killed) by Xaku' Grasp of Lohk as well as Baruuk's Desolate Hands
  • Operator's ephemeras once again have lost the ability for custom colorization
  • Naramon's Lethal Levitation not working with melee weapons

Please add/change:

• Naramon
    • Opening Slam: change to melee instead of slam, simultaneously fixing both issues 1) Opening Slam not activating when the player inputs the buttons too fast 2) the bug with the Operator teleporting to Umbra instead of vice versa, if attempting to perform Opening Slam via Void Sling
    • For ease of use, switch Sling Stun from the 2nd ability to the 1st ability and Void Levitation from the 1st ability to the 2nd ability, so that the Naramon school lines up with the other four schools with having its "throw a projectile" ability on the 2 button
    • Killer's Rush: change from melee critical chance to heavy attack efficiency
      • Being a mere 50% that only stacks additively with mods, the ability is both weak and boring. Heavy attack efficiency on the other hand would synergize well with Opening Slam, and bring fun variety into Naramon's playstyle.
  • Madurai
    • Distilled Contamination: increase the brightness of the energy of the 2nd stack to better indicate visually when Distilled Contamination is at max stacks. Please also change it so that Distilled Contamination simply increases Contamination Wave's effect by 100% instead of making enemies 50% more vulnerable; this buff effect should decay by 1 stack every 10 sec.
      • Being rewarded with a "level 3" Contamination Wave to play with against our next enemies would feel so much better than only having a "level 1" Contamination Wave to throw out every time we press 2
  • Unairu
    • Magnetic Boost: have Magnetic Flare also be relocated, with its center at the end of the Void Sling
    • Reinforced Return: also give both Operator and Warframe 50% damage reduction for 60s if you Void Sling an enemy
      • Reinforced Return is only a reactive Operator ability that only comes into effect when Operators die. While Operator see more use nowadays, Warframes still make up most of the gameplay, so this ability rarely sees use. Therefore, giving a proactive element to Reinforced Return, while keeping its reactive aspect, makes this branch of Unairu more fun and engaging(and keeps to the theme of the school being the "tanking" school).
  • Vazarin
    • Void Snare: change to give self and allies increased max health for 60s
      • Void Snare is a little redundant since Squad Regen exists, but changing it to give increased max health would simultaneously be a valuable buff and synergize well with Squad Regen
    • Guardian Shell: change so that it blocks damage from all sides, not just the front
      • As it is currently, Guardian Shell goes against Guardian Break in some cases. Example: when we're taking fire from all sides, damage from the back breaks your shields, but because damage from the front had yet to break Guardian Shell, Guardian Break fails to activate. In short, Guardian Break doesn't work when we need it because Guardian Shell is unreliable.
  • Zenurik
    • Inner Might: Have a red debuff icon pop up next to player's health/shields displaying the cooldown on Inner Might
    • No Quarter: change to give self and allies in affinity range increased max energy for 60s for both Operators and Warframes
      • no need to stack, just have the buff apply once for ease-of-use

Archon Hunts were annoying enough with pets disappearing - that caused their mods, including Fetch, to stop working - after the first Archon encounter (is it going to be fixed at all? this bug is there from the very beginning!).

Now we also have Chipper on defense missions. He doesn't follow the player like Arbitration defense target does. He isn't trying to find a safe corner and hide like regular sortie defense target is doing. He's just running around and laughing like a crazy berserker and doing everything he can to be killed!!!

1 hour ago, Tiltskillet said:

unpolished obscurity

You are mixing two things together I think. 

I agree that the new player interaction with modding is done very poorly. But new player doesn't have access to mods, nor weapons of the kind we are discussing here.

4 hours ago, Voltage said:

Please take a look at the awful time gating of Stock in Kahl's Garrison. 15 Stock per week after buying a shard makes the latest items take another 4+ months to earn.

??? Then don't grab the shard for that week. If you really, really want something from Chipper's shop, grab it. Figuring we got three free shards, you now have three weeks of not grabbing a shard from Chipper's shop. And honestly, you just need 5 of each color, extras are just saving you from paying resources that you should have a stupidly high amount of for swapping.

And I'll always say this, what's the fascination with the shards? You're already strong enough for everything present and future in the game. Don't let it absorb you in. If you want cosmetics, grab them. If you want to keep getting shards every week, grab them.

Just putting it out there, nice that you're doing armor attachments for this now. Hoping we still get nice outfits in the future, and/or convert some old ones too, I'd really be interested in Harrier drifter. Anyways though, I think one lil bit of polish you could add though is a copy colors from rest of outfit button on the armor/syandana dialogs you've added, thanks ;)

4 hours ago, fo3nixz said:

Chipper === suicidal ai

Right, but at least with Chipper I'll get to enjoy watching the hapless defense NPC die.  Chipper works with Kahl, after all, and everything associated with Kahl can be pitched into the bin.

It's a small bit of catharsis, even if I know full well I'll be on my way over to scrape Chipper off of the ground in the next Archon Defense mission I play.

Il y a 6 heures, Cerikus a dit :

“Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.”

Knowledge is knowing Fulmination improves blast radius. Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a Lex.

-> If you don't allow players to make big mistakes in modding, there is nothing to learn.

This would be true if the rule was clear and universal, but it isn't.
You could logically assume the mod can be equiped on everything, but since blast radius increase in percent it logically have no effect on weapons that don't have a blast radius (which make sense), but the truth is blast radius mods only work on a certain list of weapons that were ment to use it and have no effect on certains weapons that do have AoE and should benefit from the mod (Shedu for example).

You either have a very clear logic that make sense, or prevent the usage of the mod when it have no effect, but you cannot allow the mod on any weapon without a clear logic that make it intutive to use, otherwise you just force the player to test it on every weapon or check the wiki, which is a terrible thing even for experienced players.

Fixes towards ammo pickups getting infinitely stuck to you after summoning a Specter while the Vacuum Mod is equipped. As reported here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/yk9xlv/loot_lag_wouldnt_let_me_finish_the_mobile_defense/

• If you run into this issue, a temporary fix is to clear your ammo from your weapon by shooting to clear the hovering pickups with the same ammo type. 

This issue is still broken! Deploy a Specter and you'll hear clicking constantly when ammo is picked up and not be able to interact with anything in the environment. This happens CONSTANTLY when your ammo is nearly full. Using some ammo and reloading can temporarily fix it, until you pick up more ammo for any reason. 

8 hours ago, lukinu_u said:

This would be true if the rule was clear and universal, but it isn't.
You could logically assume the mod can be equiped on everything, but since blast radius increase in percent it logically have no effect on weapons that don't have a blast radius (which make sense), but the truth is blast radius mods only work on a certain list of weapons that were ment to use it and have no effect on certains weapons that do have AoE and should benefit from the mod (Shedu for example).

You either have a very clear logic that make sense, or prevent the usage of the mod when it have no effect, but you cannot allow the mod on any weapon without a clear logic that make it intutive to use, otherwise you just force the player to test it on every weapon or check the wiki, which is a terrible thing even for experienced players.

You are definitelly right about all of that. I am not saying there aren't big inconsistencies and problems that need fixing.
In my intial post I said that the mechanics of a weapon should definitely be reflected in stats.
If the weapon has radial damage, it must be noted in the stats and it must be affected by mods that deal with radial attacks.

Archived