Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nora’s Mix Vol. 2 Ending Soon + Vol. 3 Incoming!

[DE]Zach

50 minutes ago, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

-Im so veteran I dont even care about the Orokin Reactor/Catalysts anymore.

And it's a lifeblood for not veteran players, since outside of creds the potatoes that don't cost plat are very, very rarely available. They definitely should stay there

1 hour ago, (PSN)steveb944_ said:

Can someone chime in and let me know as a newbie (MR4) is it worth/doable getting current rewards in 2 weeks as I just found the Nora terminal on my ship?

Or should I just focus on 3 when it releases?

Thanks.

First off, if you mean "trying to get ALL rewards", then no. You won't be able to do all the challenges, and you will not enjoy smacking your face off the brick wall that is "you don't have the X for that", and even if you do mega, you will wind up disappointed because you'll have missed you goal. But yes, it is worth trying to get what you can still. Look at the current challenges and pick what ones you think you can do. Do they get you enough to rank up, and is the next rank reward good or something you want? Go for it! If not, then do them if you can, but don't fret.

Bear in mind that there's little 'daily' ones for 1000 points that tend to be not too painful (and give you three days each to complete, staggered so time it right and do three in one session!) so you can technically get a full rank doing just the majority of those and not touching the proper weekly challenges. 

The creds are still good. You can buy stuff you need (niatin, reactors) or stuff you want (funky skins, decorations) or stuff you don't know if you do need (BPs, mods, kuva). Get them with the intent to spend, not save. After all, if you buy a stock of niatin now, you need to spend less vol3 creds on it and can go for the funkier stuff! And if you wind up with a few creds left over, those credits they sell for will not go amiss at that level, so no downside really. 

1 hour ago, Olphus said:

As far as I've seen/known, a lot of players have asked for "modern" weapons. Stream chat during the reveal was very receptive of them too. Don't know why you seem so upset about them.

I don't think we are talking about the same stream, i'm talking about stream #97 that happened 5 years ago, that one had the reveal of the skins and chat was not all in with the idea. There was however a stream before that (that i don't know the number) where they openly talked about introducing realistic weapons into warframe, they proposed the idea and chat just said "no".

Stream 97 was kinda like "we will just do the skins anyway", it had more aproval than before, but not as much as they would have liked.

So here we are 5 years later, what changed? Yes, some players do enjoy the skins, but the reactions to the skins and the reddit topics about it are predictable, you know they are comming, they should be +- the same as this:

2 hours ago, LackinrodaPrime said:

These new skins are a reference to DE's older game that inspired Warframe, DarkSector

I'm aware. They also don't fit the aesthetic of the game, and some people would prefer not to see Warframes running around with glocks. Now personally, I don't see much of a problem with them and as long as they work on dual pistols I'll probably use a few. But I'm not everyone, and there are people who would prefer not to have to see them. They should be able to avoid them, just like how players can choose not to be blinded by their teammates VFX or have to listen to droning Octavia beats.

10 minutes ago, KIREEK said:

I don't think we are talking about the same stream, i'm talking about stream #97 that happened 5 years ago, that one had the reveal of the skins and chat was not all in with the idea. There was however a stream before that (that i don't know the number) where they openly talked about introducing realistic weapons into warframe, they proposed the idea and chat just said "no".

Stream 97 was kinda like "we will just do the skins anyway", it had more aproval than before, but not as much as they would have liked.

So here we are 5 years later, what changed? Yes, some players do enjoy the skins, but the reactions to the skins and the reddit topics about it are predictable, you know they are comming, they should be +- the same as this:

I meant the Lua's Prey stream where they re-revealed them. A fair amount of excitement over them.

People can be irked about lore accuracy etc, but they're skins, not actual weapons. if the several lore/universe breaking deluxes don't bother you, then these should't either.

Hell they were originally meant to be part of the proto line as far as I remember.

Thanks for this and adding a timer in-game on the Nora's Vol 2. banner.

I missed cashing out my Vol 1 because somehow the announcement was missed for me when i was checking my orbiter's news.  I know I wasn't the only one. Wish we got a second chance to cash out. That's a good 10 reactor/catalysts i was sitting on =/

2 hours ago, [DE]Zach said:

Zylok Augment Mod
Headshots on Eximus enemies increase Secondary Damage by +600% for 10 seconds.

Gorgon Augment Mod
+90% Magazine Capacity, +90 Ammo Maximum. Inflicting 20 cumulative attacks on an enemy with petrify them for 5s.

arent augments supposed to be worth the slot?

3 hours ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

If players refuse to acknowledge their news terminal and don't bother seeing it, that is on them again.

this is the first time ive seen it pop up in the news terminal, i was actually happy i got a warning this time instead of just logging on and not having access to nightwave for a week.

So, Nora could be an opportunity to reinvest in novel game material while at its season conclusion could supply that new material as Kahl mission or related area or whatever the paradox has to offer. But, do not put that troubled void brat to chasing us down in normal game areas. The end.

3 minutes ago, gamingchair1121 said:

arent augments supposed to be worth the slot?

For starter centric weapons, these Augments are fine. New players that get those will not have Primed, Amalgam and Galvanized mods maxed, at least not all of them, so those augments will fill their niche purpose. The Zylok one is like a weaker Incarnon tier 5 effect, which for this ancient weapon is plenty. The gorgon one, not so sure, but it can be interesting to play around with. Even if the Augments don't make the weapons blow up the SUN, they can still find a use in buildcrafting, and experimenting with playstyles.

What you probably meant to say was "Aren't Augments supposed to be worth the slot in my personal builds based on my own playstyle?"... and even then, the answer is NO. Augments were never marketed as "100% worth the slot, trust me bro", they are more like the topping of ice-cream - they add flavor, but not everyone wants them, and even when they do, the preferred flavor varies from person to person.

11 minutes ago, Do_High_Go said:

For starter centric weapons, these Augments are fine. New players that get those will not have Primed, Amalgam and Galvanized mods maxed, at least not all of them, so those augments will fill their niche purpose. The Zylok one is like a weaker Incarnon tier 5 effect, which for this ancient weapon is plenty. The gorgon one, not so sure, but it can be interesting to play around with. Even if the Augments don't make the weapons blow up the SUN, they can still find a use in buildcrafting, and experimenting with playstyles.

They may even have some higher end niche uses, depending on how they work, and what they work on.  The Zylok augment if it buffs exalted secondaries, and the Gorgon depending on how the conditions are defined exactly, and/or  if it works on any special units like Demolishers.

3 hours ago, [DE]Zach said:

Zylok Augment Mod
Headshots on Eximus enemies increase Secondary Damage by +600% for 10 seconds.

Gorgon Augment Mod
+90% Magazine Capacity, +90% Ammo Maximum. Inflicting 20 cumulative attacks on an enemy with petrify them for 5s.

Can we have augments mods for group instead of single weapon? For example "all riffles" or "all warfrans"? And if you want it to be used by specific weapon(s) maybe give such weapon better stats?

3 hours ago, (PSN)steveb944_ said:

Can someone chime in and let me know as a newbie (MR4) is it worth/doable getting current rewards in 2 weeks as I just found the Nora terminal on my ship?

Or should I just focus on 3 when it releases?

Thanks.

Hello there. 

Just to chime in with my own opinion to go with the other peoples advice. 

If you see challenges you think you can do, and that you will enjoy, I'd say worth trying to do them, to see if you can get a few rewards and currency. The first reward tier will give you a currency you can use to get Nitain, a few different Aura (which are great help to helping you Mod Warframes), some Helmets for a Warframe you might like or a Catalyst or Reactor.

If you can unlock more rewards even better, but as implied earlier, don't rush or pressure yourself. Just at your own pace if you enjoy it. Much of the Nightwave challenges, attempt to overlap with what you might want to do anyway, so just about paying attention. Some are as easy as just doing an Emote. Or killing certain amount of enemies with Cold damage. Will also give you practice for the next Nightwave season. 

Good luck! 

3 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

As eagle-eyed Tenno have noted here, the new Vol. countdown timer we added in Veilbreaker is now visible that we've reached the 2-week remaining mark!

image.png

“To improve is to change, so to be perfect is to have changed often.” A big thanks for willing to listen to good suggestion. 🙂

It just makes people do things they wouldn't normally/want to do, A LOT of things, and of course the only rewards worth getting are right near the end. Not only that but the challenges are not tailored to mastery rank/progress, you shouldn't be expecting MR15 and below to do Zariman bounties.. But we can't really expect anything better from DE, it's just another sloppy, badly thought out part of the game that feels like more of a chore than fun... Oh no, I mentioned the forbidden "F word"...

5 hours ago, [DE]Zach said:

The newest weekly Act is...

Archon Hunter
Complete an Archon Hunt

Just a thought: One of the reasons Nightwave was originally introduced was to alleviate some of the inadvertant punishing of players for not being able to play all the time around the clock and thus missing out on the random timed Alerts popping up at odd hours (remember those 2AM Catalysts?). By constantly introducing new acts like do Zariman bounties, kill a Void Angel, do an Archon Hunt, kill the Profit-Taker, etc., doesn't the Nightwave system then start to lean back into punishing newer players and also players who cannot dedicate massive amounts of time to the game in a similar fashion as the Alerts did?

I understand that setting goals to work towards and eventually unlock is great, but maxing out Fortuna rank for Profit-Taker takes a lot of time. Getting to the Zariman for the bounties and Void Angels, and Archon Hunts are literal (current) endgame, which totally is possible to get to, but incredibly hard for a player who has maybe an hour a day to play, even with the ability to recover past acts. And someone who just started the game and has no clue whatsoever what is going on and needs the Nightwave resources the -most- (potatoes, Nitain, Aura Mods, assorted weapon blueprints), is partially cut off from some of the ways to earn Nightwave rep that could get them the Nightwave Creds to get those resources.

I love the Nightwave system for what it does for players, but at the same time, I am a L2 player who remembers how difficult starting off was. Though it is nice to be catered to as an long-time player, it is a little disheartening to see newer players or folks who don't have a lot of time to sink into the game are locked out of some of the Nightwave rep.

Maybe consider the solution you had for Kahl's weekly Break Narmer challenges: for Kahl's 'pick-up x amount of item' challenge, you now spawn extra so that there is more than enough of that item than necessary to complete the challenge. What if for Nightwave, whenever there is an act that might be locked for some players (Profit-Taker, Archon Hunt, etc.), give those players an alternative act that they can finish in place of it. Like, maybe make an info button on the locked act that explains why it is locked to them and then gives them the option to leave it locked if think they might be close to being able to do it, or the option to re-roll it for another act of the same value, or to swap it out with a non-locked recoverable act from a previous week.

Just a thought.

Archived