Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

hey can we get a break from archon hunt excavation? how come it's been the second mission 75% of the time?

(XBOX)Exigy

there's 5 possible missions for step 2, why the #*!% is it always have to be excavation though? don't get me wrong I love waiting 4 minutes for 1 battery guy to spawn but I'd like some variety in my videogames actually.

edit because there's a lot of literal gigachad 5 heads that think I need help doing an excavation, I do the missions solo with my eyes closed warframe is a joke, i'm actually bored doing the same mission every week. it should rotate with disruption, defense, survival etc...

zero reason why it should ever be the same mission 2 weeks running, period. random is not better, random is lazy game design.

I may be wrong, but I figured most people prefer Excavation over Defence? If you get decently competent team mates, Excavation should be faster... at least I assume so in theory. You can have two per Extractor, plus depending on what Warframes are being used, one thats near finished can be guarded by one person, whilst the other starts heading to the new Excavator with Power Cells to get it started a bit early etc. Unless you are going solo. Though even then, that assumes you would do Defence solo too, so eh... 

Thought it feels like we haven't had Defence in ages, which I think is good...?!?, As far as possibly being intentional, given how many people complained about it, so feedback implemented? At the same time, I personally liked the Archon Disruptions so... 

I did it four times  with zephyr. Two of the missions in a group were bugged and i could not use any weapons or abilities and two times solo were i was one shot by a blitz i guess.

This is no fun at all.

Normally i have no problems doing SP excavation missions with zephyr solo. 

Any recommendations ?

Yeah, it's really bad because Sentients often outnumber the non-Sentient Narmer units! The power carrier units are already uncommon, they are rarer in Narmer missions because of the Sentient spawns!

My workaround is to

1. Play with more players to increase spawns overall
  2. Bring a Khora with Pilfering Strangledome

Don't just place the Strangledome on the Excavator and expect it to not get hit. Yeah, trapped enemies do attract enemy fire, but some stray fire might hit an Excavator. Place the Strangledomes at choke points for reliable results!

I guess Nekros could work too. Really, you want to loot more of those power cells.

EDIT: P.S. Just a reminder, the more power cells you have, the less time your Excavator is sitting there vulnerable to destruction. And you can even replenish the shields of a fully-powered Excavator with extra power cells. You just need the darn things to drop more. That's the challenge I have with these Narmer Excavation missions (especially solo!).

I feel (haven't been strictly counting) like its been switching between Archon Excavation and Archon Interception the last few rounds, for a bit. Presumably because a lot more people were vocally critical and tired of Archon Defence, taking so long. 

Archon Disruption, to a lesser extent also being complained about, for being "too difficult". Again, though, just my perception and general impression from others. Excavation and Interception seemed more popular. Personally Disruption was my fav, but I also don't really dislike any either. Archon Defection when? 

2 hours ago, (XBOX)Exigy said:

there's 5 possible missions for step 2

There isn't.

Due to the tilesets of Archon hunts the possible mission types for 2nd stage are limited. You can only get:

Earth - Defense, Interception, Excavation
Mars - Defense, Disruption, Excavation, Interception
Jupiter - Defense, Disruption, Interception, Survival

18 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

It's at a sweet spot for me. Its satisfying when you have a good team and get through it efficiently, and it provides a decent challenge.

i almost had to quit when i had a bad team though.

Me too. I had a fun squad today but a horrible one last time. That said, I love the difficulty of this mission. It nicely set up to reward a well thought out squad.

2 hours ago, Jivy said:

Its really annoying and time consuming id take defence or interception any day than excavation

At least nerf it to where it requires 300 cryotic, 500 is too much

Excavation is unique in that if you don’t take a frame that’s built for it, you’re going to have a bad time. The closest analog would be a spy mission without a stealth frame, but even that isn’t comparable due to operator mode and parazon mods. 

You used to need either solid CC or a wall. Now, with overguard, CC isn’t enough. You basically need a wall if you want an excavator to survive. 

I love excavation in all of its forms, but that’s largely because I always bring a frame that’s suited to it. Frost Prime is my go-to pick for it. You can’t roll up with a Revenant or Wukong and expect it to be a snooze. It’s discordant with the rest of Warframe in that sense. Try Frost. He’s more versatile than Gara for walling, and no one wants to see a Limbo on their team. So Frost is basically your best bet. 

1 minute ago, sunderthefirmament said:

Excavation is unique in that if you don’t take a frame that’s built for it, you’re going to have a bad time. The closest analog would be a spy mission without a stealth frame, but even that isn’t comparable due to operator mode and parazon mods. 

You used to need either solid CC or a wall. Now, with overguard, CC isn’t enough. You basically need a wall if you want an excavator to survive. 

I love excavation in all of its forms, but that’s largely because I always bring a frame that’s suited to it. Frost Prime is my go-to pick for it. You can’t roll up with a Revenant or Wukong and expect it to be a snooze. It’s discordant with the rest of Warframe in that sense. Try Frost. He’s more versatile than Gara for walling, and no one wants to see a Limbo on their team. So Frost is basically your best bet. 

I haven't been able to get the hang of limbo since the eximus rework. Subsuming silence helps, but it still feels like he's useless for high level excavation now, especially when he made it easy mode before. 

If you are going to nerf it down to 300 cryotic then also nerf the others as well.

Defense is way worse at 10 blistering rounds with being able to mission fail on any. Maybe working on some AI pathing is the best way to fix this here. Reducing it all the way down to 3 rounds could also work.

Interception is just don't get overwhelmed. Its alright but could use a changeup or secondary mechanics.

Survival is at least okay since it has a secondary mechanic so it is completely reliant on spawns

Disruption-is okay imo.

Excavation-300 cryotic sounds fair

1 hour ago, Cerikus said:

There isn't.

Due to the tilesets of Archon hunts the possible mission types for 2nd stage are limited. You can only get:

Earth - Defense, Interception, Excavation
Mars - Defense, Disruption, Excavation, Interception
Jupiter - Defense, Disruption, Interception, Survival

I am almost positive it isn't based on titleset but rather mission nodes are available to use which doesn't make sense since sorties already overrides the mission type.

I am pretty sure that disruption, survival and excavation are for the same titleset. And the missions you've laid out are based on which nodes are able to be used. In which Earth does not have a survival or a disruption node and Mars does not have a generic survival node.

All sortie excavations take 500 cryotic to complete ,

I don't see why they need to make an exception for this.

I have done these in the past in multiple ways - solo , bad squad and good squad.

And barring a bad squad , in which there's always that one nut that rushes to the next excavation with no plan and gets it destroyed forcing the rest of us to wait for the next spawn , the solo experience is manageable (fewer enemies but also lesser threat) and in a good squad it's amazingly smooth (done in little over 5 minutes once ).

As long as you at least put some effort in picking the right frame for it , it is fun in my opinion.

3 hours ago, Jivy said:

At least nerf it to where it requires 300 cryotic, 500 is too much

Uh, No...

3 hours ago, nslay said:

Yeah, it's really bad because Sentients often outnumber the non-Sentient Narmer units! The power carrier units are already uncommon, they are rarer in Narmer missions because of the Sentient spawns!

1. Play with more players to increase spawns overall

Yeah, this is my only issue with these missions. I joined a squad a few weeks ago and my teammates sucked, they managed to get killed and left the mission causing host migration twice, at the end i was the sole survivor with my Zephyr, had to finish the mission alone with 200 Cryotics remaining and Powercell mobs barely spawned.

2 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

Subsuming silence helps

if you need silence to survive eximus, your build probably has something wrong with it. try using arcane guardian, vitality, and maybe a health shard or three, that's usually enough to tank a bit of damage even in steel path and lets you easily survive eximus. magus repair on your operator and rolling guard helps out too.

as for killing them, take a high damage weapon, like a sniper or shotgun, and aim for their head. I like using my vectis and plinx for killing eximus, but other things like the chakkhurr, epitaph, and even the phantasma can work.

now that you dont need silence, you can replace it with another ability. I'd recommend something like molt or breach surge depending on the situation. molt can be used to draw aggro, enable shield gating, and used as a speed buff (and you can banish it so it still draws aggro but can't take damage). breach surge is a good aoe stun and has some use for dealing damage.

Archived