Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How do you use Citrine's 3rd - Prismatic gem

quxier

1) She has 4 elements so we can use it for Condition overload melee spam.

2) She has increased status duration/chance so I guess you could change 1 or few mods in your melee.

3) She uses cold so it's good for little CC of Eximus. However you need to spam your attack in order for her ability to attack enemies.

1-2 is situational. And I've not tested them.

3rd has some potential but I feel like it's easier to just cast 4th for Eximus units. When I've been leveling her up & 1 forma I've used 3rd ability. However I've not seen too much difference.

What's your usage or tips to make it better or easier to use?

ps. I've not tested it with Helminth yet.

28 minutes ago, quxier said:

1) She has 4 elements so we can use it for Condition overload melee spam.

2) She has increased status duration/chance so I guess you could change 1 or few mods in your melee.

3) She uses cold so it's good for little CC of Eximus. However you need to spam your attack in order for her ability to attack enemies.

1-2 is situational. And I've not tested them.

3rd has some potential but I feel like it's easier to just cast 4th for Eximus units. When I've been leveling her up & 1 forma I've used 3rd ability. However I've not seen too much difference.

ps. I've not tested it with Helminth yet.

You already figured it out:

Simply attack something to start up the 3. If you already melee and shoot things, the gem will always attack enemies. 

The 1st ability also makes the 3 attack, because the 1st ability counts as an attack. Basically any ability or bullet or sword strike triggers the Gem (us-no sorry).

13 minutes ago, Myscho said:

I didnt, i replace it with Nourish, for lulz

Wow....you're gonna regret that probably lol.

57 minutes ago, quxier said:

step 1: put on all the elemental Archon Mods if you have them (will require several Forma on Citrine to do this without having empty slots.)

step 2: cast 3 and shoot an enemy who passes the rainbow fence of doom. you can also cast your 1 and the Prismatic Gem will attack them.

step 3: GROFIT. enjoy watching the poor saps get melted by the Rainbow of ultimate annihilation, chances are you won't even have to shoot them again before they die, the Status effects will take care of the rest.

the only downsides really are that it will only attack after you hit an enemy, and it will only attack one enemy at a time. I'm guessing this is because DE are deathly scared of turret-style abilities, even though that's what Blaze Artillery is.. it's not the worst ability, but it would be nice if it could at least target 3 enemies at once, that's not unreasonable in a defensive scenario.

Yeah you really just throw it out and let it do its thing. Worth noting though is that while you only gain the passive effects while inside it's range the extra beam targeting works even if you're outside of it an. So you could throw it near a spawn hallway and still get the extra beams. Also since it uses all four basic elements you could get some mileage out of all the Archon mods.

Though personally I find it to be pretty underwhelming. Getting 3-4 extra status types for scaling mods doesn't seem worth keeping it over a Helminth ability.

Citrine is a great squad buffer (which is ironic, considering where the game is going). That is what her third ability is for too. If you look at the your personal solo damage increase you are totally missing the point, the Prismatic Gem does damage against enemies within the aura as well as increases all damage from allies standing in the aura (even specters btw). When you sum all that damage increase up it is one of the better buffs in the game. That is if you are into squad play, if you are a solo meta-ist the ability is "meh", since all you care about are your own personal maxed out damage numbers.

The "in the aura" is the key, as you need more range to make it really effective. The base 15 meters only works for "stay put"-missions where you shoot out of the aura.

If you mod for "enough strength" (200% and up), it syncs great with Fractured Blast. The total damage from both [1] and [3] is generally enough to kill starchart enemies, and every enemy hit will drop a health orb and half of them (approx.) will drop an Energy orb.

Finally, with enough range and strength it is a good Eximus Overguard remover, and once the Overguard is stripped Eximus units are no longer immune to basic CC (read: "easy peasy"). Again, this is most effective from a squad point-of-view, but on the other hand it is also gloriously effective with a well thought-out squad comp. 😀

How I use it personally? 

Well I like it a lot in mission types where I don't move around too much... so Defence, Mobile Defence, Survival, and Disruption. I don't really us it in Exterminate or Capture. 

I have a lot of range on it, so I like to place it somewhere in "the middle" of where myself and the team will operate. Somewhere with good LOS. Then I usually like to use my 1 a lot, and regularly. Not just because it gives back a lot of Health and Energy, but because it marks enemies and synergises decently with her 3. At first I did find the ability underwhelming, but it can be deceptively powerful, and a decent CC. Thats before even bringing up its status buffs or ability to work well with Condition Overload builds or Gundition Overload builds. 

I also sometimes like using it with weapons like Cedo or Epitaph. Mainly though, since I have been playing a lot of Steel Path, there are a lot of enemies, so just throwing/spamming my 1 all the time, and sort of leaving it to do its own thing, is nice. 

It is also easier to use your 4 on say Eximus too, but I do both. Both is great. Since I am using her 1 a lot, there is a lot of energy everywhere, I am not using Energise and still have excess Energy. If I see an especially large amount of enemies or Eximus, I'll use 4 , but yeah. If I am feeling lazy, then 3 will do decently too. Find a lot of her kit synergises well, especially at empowering and enabling some of your favourite weaker weapons (buffing its status and crit stats). 

Best thing for Citrine is range but not always needed.

Her 3 has a unique interaction with regards to which enemies are targetted.

If you are within the crystal range - any enemy you attack (even if it's outside the crystal perimeter) will be beamed so it's effectively infinite range ,

If you are outside the crystal range , but you attack an enemy within it gets beamed too.

It targets per instance of damage , so weapon that do many instances of damage like a beam weapon or AR with good fire rate or shotgun with good punchthrough will spread the beams more between enemies and get more hits in.

Casting 1 will target all enemies ,

Pair with archon mods for even more utility (continuity helps most as it adds corrosive procs).

Any enemies attacked by the crystal counts as assist , so it also increases your DR from 2 ,

The 4 is kinda independent ? Doesn't really have any synergies per se , but more crit is more crit and it also helps target enemies better.

Went back to do some more Citrine testing in general after the latest patch. With very high range she shines, mostly because you get good range on her 1 at that point, and spreading 1 so the crystal can constantly fire at something really improves her killing, more so now with the higher attack frequency of the crystal. I practically run the following.

Combat Disc, PSF, Overextended (1 from max), Archon Stretch, Archon Continuity, Streamline, Fleeting, Umbra Vit, Umbra Int and Augur Message (can be dropped for more range). 2 amber shards for cast speed, the rest are armor shards to further improve my pet. Arcanes are Blessing and Avenger.

The amber shards help her to play more mobile, since you can quickly reposition your crystal, though Citrine's best place is still in endless missions where she can really dig in and kill. You can obviously replace efficiency mods if you prefer big energy pools, but I always prefer maxed efficiency since it counters things like ancients and gets you quickly back into the game if you are drained.

Next thing for me to do is farm the primary cold arcane that gives critical damage and multishot. Could be fun with her crystal.

1 hour ago, SneakyErvin said:

Went back to do some more Citrine testing in general after the latest patch. With very high range she shines, mostly because you get good range on her 1 at that point, and spreading 1 so the crystal can constantly fire at something really improves her killing, more so now with the higher attack frequency of the crystal. I practically run the following.

I've tested it yesterday on Fissure Void/Mot survi. It now can more reliably kill enemies. C.Vor appeared and after setting up all stuffs it died so quickly.

I still have to change my builds but it's much different than my experience from OP.

Next thing for me to do is farm the primary cold arcane that gives critical damage and multishot. Could be fun with her crystal.

Now with increased rate of fire of 3rd it could be more reliable. Although I still wonder about how this arcane compares to other arcanes.

Combat Disc

Is this necessary? Unless you want to heal team then she can already get orbs with full health.

1 hour ago, quxier said:

I've tested it yesterday on Fissure Void/Mot survi. It now can more reliably kill enemies. C.Vor appeared and after setting up all stuffs it died so quickly.

I still have to change my builds but it's much different than my experience from OP.

Now with increased rate of fire of 3rd it could be more reliable. Although I still wonder about how this arcane compares to other arcanes.

Is this necessary? Unless you want to heal team then she can already get orbs with full health.

Yeah she melts things quite well now with the crystal, really nice they improved it. And I'm still not sure how the cold arcane holds up, it is a nice addition if you plan on using her on a boss since it doesnt require kills, but for most other content it still feels like it performs worse. If it gave damage like the secondary heat arcane it would definently outperform other options since it is up 24/7.

Combat Disc is for self damage to always have Avenger and other arcanes that requires you to take damage active.

Archived