Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Will Drifterworld kill DE's revenue?

CephalonCarnage

I sincerely hope many of the people doomsaying over this release for the better part of a year now have such a crash and burn experience that it finally forces you to quit. Some of you have such an unhealthy negative relationship with this game. Worry not though as there are plenty of new players to replace you in the cycle.

52 minutes ago, kamisama85 said:

I sincerely hope many of the people doomsaying over this release for the better part of a year now have such a crash and burn experience that it finally forces you to quit. Some of you have such an unhealthy negative relationship with this game. Worry not though as there are plenty of new players to replace you in the cycle.

its always the same people disappointed update after update. why do they continue to play???

10 hours ago, kamisama85 said:

Worry not though as there are plenty of new players to replace you in the cycle.

but there isn't. WF isn't crashing, but it has a slowly declining playerbase.

Maybe Duviri is something that will revitalise the game and attract lots of new players, but maybe it won't and will simultaneously push old players away. Its a important update for the future either way.

1 hour ago, CephalonCarnage said:

but there isn't. WF isn't crashing, but it has a slowly declining playerbase.

Eh? Going by steam charts the population has been holding steady at ~40,000 average daily players for the past 3 years, and that's on just one platform's metrics. Most of the big population spikes above that average have corresponded to major update releases (or Tennocon), which are natural jumping-on points for new players due to the publicity that comes with them.

If anything, the trend this year is of an upward climb.

8 minutes ago, Corvid said:

Eh? Going by steam charts the population has been holding steady at ~40,000 average daily players for the past 3 years, and that's on just one platform's metrics. Most of the big population spikes above that average have corresponded to major update releases (or Tennocon), which are natural jumping-on points for new players due to the publicity that comes with them.

If anything, the trend this year is of an upward climb.

Dont bring logic here. Someone will soon post a steamchart and butcher the stats without actually understanding them. Happens ever single time.

1 hour ago, SneakyErvin said:

Someone will soon post a steamchart and butcher the stats without actually understanding them

you mean Corvid whose claim is wildly off.

1 hour ago, Corvid said:

Eh? Going by steam charts the population has been holding steady at ~40,000 average daily players for the past 3 years

19 minutes ago, CephalonCarnage said:

No, he is very much correct, since the number we currently have was also seen 3 (and more) years ago. The game is simply of a fluctuating nature by being a GAAS game, where player count is fully rooted in recent content releases and the gap in between them. Around 40k is the in-between number for WF.

On 3/26/2023 at 11:20 AM, ReddyDisco said:

Wisp Prime and Gauss Prime are next, i wouldn't worry about DE's finances

I hope Gauss Prime actually looks good. I don't play him at all currently solely because I hate his appearance. I realize that's a ridiculous reason but it is what it is.

1 hour ago, CephalonCarnage said:

I mean, the charts are there for anyone to look up.

In fact, they're right here!

Spoiler

image.png

Note how despite fluctuations up and down, it's overall remaining centred around the aforementioned 40,000 mark, as I said.

That said, I do have a correction for the section you quoted. I meant to type monthly, not daily. My apologies for any confusion.

50 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

No, he is very much correct, since the number we currently have was also seen 3 (and more) years ago. The game is simply of a fluctuating nature by being a GAAS game, where player count is fully rooted in recent content releases and the gap in between them. Around 40k is the in-between number for WF.

Corvid corrected his post from daily to MONTHLY. 

In other words, as I expected, you defended an incorrect premise prior to this correction. 

14 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

its always the same people disappointed update after update. why do they continue to play???

Because they enjoyed the game but don't like the direction it's going now. It's always infuriating when someone goes "If you complain so much, why even play it?" Like it's some kind of incomprehensible riddle and not obvious to anyone who thinks it through.

1 hour ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

I hope Gauss Prime actually looks good. I don't play him at all currently solely because I hate his appearance. I realize that's a ridiculous reason but it is what it is.

Not ridiculous at all, fashion is important. I don't play lavos (too bulky), styanax (floppy nipples), Zephyr  due to not liking some or all of their appearances.

1 hour ago, SneakyErvin said:

Nope since I assumed he ment monthly already because that is what Steam shows.

This. It was a genuine error on my part. I was looking at the chart while typing in my peripheral vision, saw the "Average monthly players" column right next to the "Last 30 days" row, and I guess some wires got crossed between my brain and my hands.

Unfortunately, I didn't catch it when I gave the comment its final pass. In fact, I didn't catch it until the final pass of my second comment, when I double checked what exactly I was replying to.

My goal was never to deceive.

1 hour ago, Duskztar said:

Because they enjoyed the game but don't like the direction it's going now. It's always infuriating when someone goes "If you complain so much, why even play it?" Like it's some kind of incomprehensible riddle and not obvious to anyone who thinks it through.

It's one thing to not like the direction of the game, but some of these people literally profess that they no longer play the game, never will again, yet they insist on sticking around the forums like a malignant growth.

They're not trying to improve the game (since they've stated that they don't believe it will ever be something that matches their tastes), they're literally doing it for the sake of being toxic.

1 hour ago, Duskztar said:

If you haven't been pleased with the game since PoE, and every update is worse than the last- then I do find it to be an incomprehensible riddle why you continue to play and complain. 

The game has been going in this "direction" for years with no sign of changing. 

16 hours ago, kamisama85 said:

This is such an awful take it's not even funny. Fans get angry because they care and want things to change for the better. You seem just as angry however and that's also unhealthy. Have you tried caring less?

9 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

If you haven't been pleased with the game since PoE, and every update is worse than the last- then I do find it to be an incomprehensible riddle why you continue to play and complain. 

The game has been going in this "direction" for years with no sign of changing. 

The gameplay of Warframe is extremely good. That's why many people continue playing. 

1 hour ago, Felsagger said:

The gameplay of Warframe is extremely good. That's why many people continue playing. 

If you continue playing, than “bad” updates aren’t that bad for you at all.

In one online game, It took me few updates (with unpleasant direction for me) and realization that moderators in the game are fascistic morons, for completely stopping playing that game. And I did spend money on that one, was playing from closed beta, participated in community life etc, so I had really good relationships with it, but I’m not going back to it never again. (It’s not Warframe, if someone didn’t get it). 

So yeah I don’t understand why cry on forums for years, but continuing playing. Either stop playing and get back if your issues will be fixed; stop crying all the time and just play; or leave and never come back at all.

38 minutes ago, SpiritTeA said:

If you continue playing, than “bad” updates aren’t that bad for you at all.

In one online game, It took me few updates (with unpleasant direction for me) and realization that moderators in the game are fascistic morons, for completely stopping playing that game. And I did spend money on that one, was playing from closed beta, participated in community life etc, so I had really good relationships with it, but I’m not going back to it never again. (It’s not Warframe, if someone didn’t get it). 

So yeah I don’t understand why cry on forums for years, but continuing playing. Either stop playing and get back if your issues will be fixed; stop crying all the time and just play; or leave and never come back at all.

ENTIRELY TRUE. 

People should appreciate Warframe for the game play mechanics and responsiveness of the controls. DE DID something right. 

I still enjoy sniping, my tonkor, my strategic approach, my charging lanka and my opticor. All of that IS IN THE GAME INTACT. This is the part I love the most in Warframe. I can use any military approach in the game and still works. I wish that the enemy had more military accuracy but well, there are other games for that and of course Battlefield 2042. :D

Archived