Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Apparently Pablo wants to rework Saryn but is afraid to, I'll do it for him:

Traumtulpe

It'd be nice to Rework Saryn so she scales to higher levels better

ATM she can nuke low level mobs easily with Abilities, but this really falls off at SP content.

forcing you to instead focus on Weapon Buffing to deal dps, but lots of frames can do that; that's not Saryn's identity...

she's kinda falling behind vs newer frames

to be honest, Saryn is at her perfect form right now.

great Status spreader, Great nuker for start chart, but she can't really do big things like bosses without outside help.

She won't be nuking with just her spores on steel path either.

the only things going for her is that she doesn't need line of sight, and that's the most powerful perk in her kit. and it doesn't need nerfs because it's mandatory. (also diseases don't discriminate) 

On 2023-04-21 at 4:56 PM, Traumtulpe said:

Ash

Just to correct you what you`re giving Ash is NOT a rework it`s a REVISIT.

Shuriken

I`d rather this be an augment which could combines with the armour strip.

Smoke Screen

It would be better if it was more diverse so it could be more than just be an invisibility tool.

Teleport

This is fine but it would be better to have both, press to use on enemy hold to teleport anywhere you want plus it doesn't address the many issues it has.

Bladestorm

Again it doesn't address the issues it has, the marking is bad in general and it`s not good for bs. If Mesa`s, Ember`s, Volt`s and Saryn`s 4th ability had the marking mechanic just like Ash`s bs ppl would be upset (but no one want to admit it).

Ash needs a revisit and he needs a lot more than this, facts, stats and ppl`s actions prove it.

Saryn is perfectly fine. imo one of the best design frames in the game. She has a niche where she's really good (eso,) but outside of that niche isn't overplayed throughout the game. She's also just really fun to play because her abilities work together without being forced to use them all together.

She doesn't overshadow other dps frames since she isn't universally the best nuke cause she wants this sweet spot of high enough enemy density and enemy level where she can keep spores up while still consistently killing. Below that sweet spot other room clear frames show up like mesa, volt, mirage etc. And above that sweet spot she runs into some survivability issues that require more investment. You can go pretty far into sp (without abusing shield gating) with a better subsume over molt and an umbral build.

Her only balance problem is a problem all caster frames have with how shield gating functions. It's just too easy to become completely immune. If you have a low amount of shields you should have a low amount of invulnerability, right now you get rewarded for having a small amount of shields you constantly refresh.

I don't think there's any frame that is extremely overplayed rn to the point they need a nerf, the closest is still probably wukong but he's gone way down in play rate since the nerfs.

I'd rather them focus on frames that don't function first: Hydroid, Nyx

and then move onto frames that function but have some gameplay issues: Inaros, Loki, Valkyr, Frost etc

On 2023-04-22 at 1:01 AM, Traumtulpe said:

So you're not allowed to wipe the map every half minute, even excluding eximus units, despite this being a mere fraction of the total enemies in a steel path survival? But being literally completely 100% invincible forever (your picture is Revenant Prime) is fine? Dare I say you do not understand balance?

Here's the thing, DE is fine with immortality. It's the problems of nuke strategies and others that are detrimental to other players' horde-mowing enjoyment. I will re-phrase a quote DE gave back a while ago regarding this (I recall it was in update 22.12):

"I played a horde shooter, but where are the hordes?"

If your playstyle does not disrupt others' enjoyment. DE will turn a blind eye to it. If it's the opposite, then they are under the shadow of the ban hammer.

On 2023-04-25 at 4:20 AM, DrivaMain said:

Here's the thing, DE is fine with immortality. It's the problems of nuke strategies and others that are detrimental to other players' horde-mowing enjoyment.

But here's the thing - wiping the map every 30 seconds does not prevent others from mowing down hordes. There are still many, many ways in this game that allow you to clear out the whole map as fast as you can spam a couple buttons.

That is kind of the whole point of my rework suggestion; Make Saryn's abilities do something effective without being in the dreaded situation where the other 3 players run around the map and see nothing but corpses. Because that's exactly what happens at low levels currently, while her abilities do absolutely nothing at high levels.

Also, Revenants perfect invulnerability is really, really bad for the game. If you are perfectly invulnerable, and your weapons and mods are completely irrelevant because DE cheats and makes them all do the same damage anyway, then there is no longer a game to play. Might as well download some mobile game that plays itself.

On 2023-04-22 at 5:36 AM, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

It'd be nice to Rework Saryn so she scales to higher levels better

ATM she can nuke low level mobs easily with Abilities, but this really falls off at SP content.

forcing you to instead focus on Weapon Buffing to deal dps, but lots of frames can do that; that's not Saryn's identity...

she's kinda falling behind vs newer frames

She nukes pretty well on SP too, you just have to kill the odd "tough" enemies with weapons. And the longer you go the more her spores will kill as they stack up in damage. Heck, versus Corpus and Infested I need to make sure to maintain spores at a lower value so I have time to help them spread. 

Her drawback is that she isnt a top notch "boss" killer (Acolytes not included here since they go down like a s1ut on prom night to her spores). But that is kinda fair given her AoE potential. If people really wanna destroy bosses with her there is always Styanax to subsume instead of Molt, after that it is buh-bye thanks to her guaranteed toxin damage instance and proc versus raw health.

On 2023-04-21 at 2:01 PM, Traumtulpe said:

So you're not allowed to wipe the map every half minute, even excluding eximus units, despite this being a mere fraction of the total enemies in a steel path survival? But being literally completely 100% invincible forever (your picture is Revenant Prime) is fine? Dare I say you do not understand balance?

I mean.... 

I'd say that Wisp is just as op along with any over frame capable of prolonged invisibility...

Archived