Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe height not as tall as we thought?

Rixuel

I remember before when some players were saying Warframe height are around 200 cm tall and some other were saying 180 cm.

With the realistic pistol skins from Nightwave, I was using the Protokol Tekna Pistol slide length as reference and gave it the same length as the Glock 34 slide length (20.7 cm)

It turns out Warframes (Saryn) height are around 165.6 cm (between 5'5 and 5'6)?

warframeheight.png

• Like 1

I made a post back with some details on the H&K Mark23 (USSocom) pistol, (what the Tekna is directly based off of) and it's a huge pistol in real life. It's massively undersized in the game, people have complained about it since it was released and it's still not anywhere the size it should be.

• Like 4

Forgive me for not remembering the source of this info, but I remember it being confirmed that most adults in WF are bewtween 6 and 8 feet. It's my understanding that the standard warframe height is 6ft, with some variation based of cosmetics, Trinity deluxe being the shortest. This may have been said in height guessing contest at Tennocon or something. 

accurately measuring a warframe's height can be tricky, due to a number of factors:

- skins like Protokol Tekna affect the size of the weapon they are holding, in this case it's undersized. this makes using weapons as a measuring scale unreliable.

- some warframes like Nidus have "high heels", so technically that's artificial height, even though it's a part of the frame.

- then you've also got floating warframes like Wisp and Titania Prime.

- horns like Oberon Prime's and other helmet ornamentation also add height.

typically one can be sure that the vast majority of warframes are taller than the average human: the Orokin designed them to be imposing killing machines after all, but many Orokin would likely have stood taller than warframes as a point of pride. 

I never really held expectations or exact estimates for Warframes heights, thought I can see why it would be interesting for some. 

That being said, if I were trying to figure it out, I'd try and have multiple samples to measure compare, and my goals would be to pick a flat even surface. Like a Dojo room floor, uneven surfaces can cause issues with standing, elevation, posture. Likewise angles, perspective can create deception, illusion, even if only slight or small. Would try to pick a good consistent stance too. Like Harrows Noble stance might be good, since the stance emphasis a straight back, straight legs, very upright. Measure from back of heels to back tip of skull. Take into account horns, hair, and other decorations. Decide what you want to allow/disallow. Maybe have to account that different Helmets can have different sizes... also the technicalities of well.. the nature of Warframes. 

Also I have heard different complaints around the Protokol skins, some being too small etc but complaints can vary in nature. Also consider proportions, which may not be consistent across Warframes. Basically there are multiple variables to account for. 

An avarage of 6 feet if measured properly seems about right. Though it is concerning if the pistol skin is undersized aswell, because that would mean warframes are even shorter if the skin had the proper scale. Since fewer gun lengths would fit in with the hight. meaning fewer 20.7 instances would fit in when comparing height.

However, remember that when messuring the height of something it should stand strictly straight, not hunched down in any way. And preferably with legs together etc.

5 minutes ago, Hayrack said:

Weapons are bigger in Warframe's hands, that they are in human's hands. Something about orbiter being bigger inside, than outside (I'm not even joking).

My Chakhurr literally shrinks when I reload it. It's all space magic.

Wait did someone actually measure the Orbiter in the Drifter Camp and compared it to its insides and it ended up being smaller?

Honestly their actual sizes would be different from the in game renditions. The game being, some what, unified for rigging and animation purposes. I'm reminded of an old game I used to play call Spacelords. Everyone in game was the same height but in the descriptions and comics they of course were different sizes. Which made sense given the wide variety of characters from an 18 year old hacker guy to an 8 ft tall Russian cyborg. For example, even though they share the same height in game there's no way that Yareli and Nezha would be on the same level of height and mass as Rhino and Hildryn. And hell, even some of the weapons in game have some wonky size discrepancies. Looking at you Vasto Series, with how your models are way too small and we apparently are holding them with 3 fingers most of the times. Also the way how Lavos' grips weapons is slightly off, and they're not really in his hand. 

1 hour ago, ant99999 said:

My Chakhurr literally shrinks when I reload it. It's all space magic.

Wait did someone actually measure the Orbiter in the Drifter Camp and compared it to its insides and it ended up being smaller?

Yes. The Model outside is 1:1 until the Arsenal. After that? Something big is missing.

This is what is in Drifter's camp:

jeff-ross-warframe-tnocarriership07.jpg?

The green part is where Helminth/Quarters/Transference Chamber would be.

denyyu3efn681.png?width=640&crop=smart&a

• Like 1

This is going somewhere and I AM INTERESTED where THIS IS HEADING. 

The average stature of a warframe SHOULD BE 3 meters tall or 9.84 feet rounded to 10 feet in some particular frames.  

The average stature of a tenno kid should 1.8288 meters tall or 6 feet. 

The average stature of a drifter should be 2.1336 meters tall or 7 feet. 

DE MUST SCALE UP the complete universe adjusting these scales. Warframes ARE BEASTS. Just imagine how big up to a reasonable scale is a Nechramech. Those things are literally titans. I could easily say that a Nechramech is a 15 feet mechanical beast. 

The size of a Titan in Titanfall 2 is 25 feet. Just as a reference. 

4 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

Yes. The Model outside is 1:1 until the Arsenal. After that? Something big is missing.

THIS SHOULD BE IN THE GAME.....

YESTERDAY....

Edited by Felsagger

36 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

Damn the Orbiter is even more of a Lego ship than I thought. So it kinda hints on possible Orbiter customization then?

But wait, Eidolon Lotus was sitting in the Somatic Link chair in the Transferense room. How comes it wasn't attached?

3 hours ago, ant99999 said:

Damn the Orbiter is even more of a Lego ship than I thought. So it kinda hints on possible Orbiter customization then?

But wait, Eidolon Lotus was sitting in the Somatic Link chair in the Transferense room. How comes it wasn't attached?

That's the baffling thing. That part of the ship was not there.

DE and their variable sized models... Kinda irksome when you notice them.

Like the RJ model being much bigger in the drydock compared to in mission.

Or the Orowyrm shrinking when you fight it on foot compared to when it flies around Duviri.

Interestingly is that every athletic person who I've ever showed Warframe to has assumed warframes to be 7 to 8 feet tall at first glance. Secondly, the Orokin and many of the sub-races under tham are very tall. So, the Warframes being (spoiler) infected colonists and elite dax soldiers are likely way taller than the average human from 2023. Also if you look at grineer, you'll notice that they have a very tall stature, with extreme height variations too. I should add that height variations are most obvious among Corpus Crewmen. 

Edited by (XBOX)Architect Prime

Most sci-fi has marine-style elites being taller than base humans -- from the "wearing more armor than a Bradley" Marines in Starcraft, to the "I went through fifty years of super-puberty and now I have three lungs" Astartes from Warhammer 40k, to the "little of column A, little of column B" Elementals from BattleTech. Thus, it's understandable most people would assume Warframes are really big too

But from what little lore we have, Warframes are humans infected with the Helminth strain to give them metal flesh. It's certainly possible Helminth made them taller, but such was never actually stated. Thus there's nothing saying Warframes are taller than the 5'6" to 6'2" human averages

Edited by TARINunit9

• 4 months later...

Is it cool to still comment on this? Hope this isnt consider necroing since its still a very early-ish post? I saw a few posts other places talking about warframe heights and didnt wanna open another thread with the same topic is all.

I just tried to do a crap ton of experimental height measuring and I got that warframes, Rhino Prime to be specific to be 5'9 or 1.8meters, 180cm. What I did was go to the testing room and placed rhino under one those step walk ways. I got into operator and used the scanner to see how many meters he was below me and I got 1.8m. It was actually 3.3m but the scanner gets like 1.5 cause its scanning from the head I'm guessing so I just subtracted 3.3 and 1.5 and got 1.8. About 5'9 sounds right tho. I thought they were probably closer to 6 foot but this got me to also think. Holy crap the corpus are giants. Some of their units the one that wears red, dwarf us.

I originally came looking for answers on how tall eidolons are but I keep missing night to measure them.

I was too in the zone and I cant remember what the 2nd eidolon was. Either 25 or 26 meters. But I definitely measured Terry and wrote it down. It was 13 meteres exactly, 42 feet/1300cm.

The second one. I think it was 25 meters if so, 82 feet/2500cm. Not sure if the last one is the same height as the 2nd. The night ended for me so I didnt have time to measure it.

Edited by iKLuTcHiTz

Speaking of the Orbiter on Earth in the Drifter's Camp, I've been curious for a while as to what exactly this thing is in the far back of the cave:

cd706389a3bf2a98b082d243374d66be.png

It doesn't follow your Orbiter customizations, and I'd say it's moderately safe to say it's not connected to your Orbiter at all.

On 2023-05-26 at 2:42 PM, Rixuel said:

I remember before when some players were saying Warframe height are around 200 cm tall and some other were saying 180 cm.

With the realistic pistol skins from Nightwave, I was using the Protokol Tekna Pistol slide length as reference and gave it the same length as the Glock 34 slide length (20.7 cm)

It turns out Warframes (Saryn) height are around 165.6 cm (between 5'5 and 5'6)?

warframeheight.png

dIPatIO.jpg
Can you tell me how tall Rhino is? I know this pistol is tiny for Rhino's Hands.