Drifter Suit 

ImageImageImage

Game Development

Spoiler

ImageImage

ALT Helm 53rd frame 

https://clips.twitch.tv/ZanyTentativeFloofTTours-iw9K8XJwXcq54pPE

Sword Skin 

New area for Kullervo is a mini dungeon that can be accessed at any emotional state 

prisons warden 

Kullervo battle as a mini boss

https://clips.twitch.tv/SingleSplendidWalrusPipeHype-LkwMsqPD-TKzYGAu

Kullervo battles drop items to exchange with warden vendor to gain parts and weapon

Duveri Randomizer preview of offerings

Maw Fishing to be made easier (too punishing for a one time event) 

Gardening- 6 plants in planters to harvest - easy earnable resources  

Static Portals (pet the portal?) - need seven decrees to unlock -run to earn arcanes 

Cosmetics

Spoiler

New drifter suit 

Tennogen

ImageImage

Gauss Deluxe 

weapon skin

https://clips.twitch.tv/PatientNurturingMeatloafTwitchRPG-im8PmhC4pdsz6kMd

ImageImageImage

Misc

Spoiler

Devstream 171 team 

As always hope it helps, if youd like to get updates on these overviews , links below

[Discord] - [Twitter]

PS: get my next pet scan this weekened , so next week I get results :thumbup:

• Like 16

Thanks the overview Mako as always!

I watched this stream but somehow it was the impression they really do not wanted this stream at all and most of the things in it was either less interesting or obvious. The Kullervo quest looks okay but the frame will be evaluated once players can play him. The wisp prime looks pretty avarege in my opinion so this was overall a time eating but less imformative stream. The new main members are less talkative than the previous team but at least they are going to make an artbook which is sounds good.

I am not hyped at all actually the current contents and I hope they will go back and finish the forgotten and unfinished content.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, (XBOX)EternalDrk Mako said:

I hope this includes the Duviri planters you can buy, if not functional than at least decorative... I have empty pots of dirt all around my ship with nothing to put in them.

1 hour ago, (XBOX)EternalDrk Mako said:

welcome to another Devstream overview!

News

Hide contents

GOTL alert

Nightwave Noras Mix Vol 4 

Wisp Prime 

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Drifter Suit 

ImageImageImage

Game Development

Hide contents

ImageImage

ALT Helm 53rd frame 

https://clips.twitch.tv/ZanyTentativeFloofTTours-iw9K8XJwXcq54pPE

Sword Skin 

New area for Kullervo is a mini dungeon that can be accessed at any emotional state 

prisons warden 

Kullervo battle as a mini boss

https://clips.twitch.tv/SingleSplendidWalrusPipeHype-LkwMsqPD-TKzYGAu

Kullervo battles drop items to exchange with warden vendor to gain parts and weapon

Duveri Randomizer preview of offerings

Maw Fishing to be made easier (too punishing for a one time event) 

Static Portals (pet the portal?) - need seven decrees to unlock -run to earn arcanes 

Cosmetics

Reveal hidden contents

New drifter suit 

Tennogen

ImageImage

Gauss Deluxe 

weapon skin

https://clips.twitch.tv/PatientNurturingMeatloafTwitchRPG-im8PmhC4pdsz6kMd

ImageImageImage

Misc

Hide contents

Devstream 171 team 

As always hope it helps, if youd like to get updates on these overviews , links below

[Discord] - [Twitter]

PS: get my next pet scan this weekened , so next week I get results :thumbup:

They made Wisp Prime slimmer but more spicy on the other parts of her than her normal form😏

Edited by GPrime96

I like how Kullevro n, Gauss deluxe look.

Hope wisp primes back tail's are attached/ linked to the helmet like regular wisp, otherwise meh im using skins.

The QOL for duviri picks n, soma buff/fix is nice to hear.

I don't like that drifter suite myself ( to girly ) pass for me.

Tennogen looks great as always.

Wish we could have seen Kullevro's abilities property.

Q: What do y'all think of the kullevro island? I think its neat and hope DE adds more islands for events in duviri, like how we have thermia* fractures on the Vallis.

Looking forward to the new decrees.

My review of the dev stream, had to leave early but don't think I missed anything:

Wisp Prime! Was pretty obvious it was coming. Oh well here is to praying to the high heavens that it means that we can finally have a QOL regarding allied buffs. Playing pinball simulator 3,000 in public fissures is not going to be fun.

Gauss deluxe and Acceltra. Having a dual wielded pistol skin would have been a lot more cooler since it can apply on more than one weapon plus it would mean that Akarius could be looked at to restore to its former self rather than leaving it in its gutted state after ammo nerfs, it was fine beforehand and not breaking the game like the AOE crit primaries. Luckily the prime release date for Akarius prime is looming so don't have to wait that much longer for hope unless of course they decide to triple down and not include his signature weapons with prime access.

Otherwise its cool but needing to shell out extra for an exclusive skin that can only be applied on a singular weapon hurts instead of it having at least more than one option. I know its not the first of its kind but it plays a role towards my purchasing decisions.

Random offerings in Teshin's cave- I interpret this as no change. Why even bother? We got no change to Kahl, no change to Damage attenuation, so seeing no change to random offerings is not surprising. All of these still needs fundamental gameplay changes. Hot take: I think the change actually makes it worse because it provides a convenient excuse to not touch it further. I just go in and pick and get out, needing to mod my builds even further would only sap more time away from actually playing the only one ROT C I'd have with that build, I just wish there was something to leverage towards more built out builds rather than still being completely random based on unowned and owned weapons.

Duviri (otherwise), changes all around seem nice here. I love how there is actually incentive to continue gathering rather than doing what I did and gathering for intrinsic leveling followed by knocking out Orowyrm. Once I stopped gathering intrinstics there was no reason to stay in Duviri and continue so now I am glad there are multiple other avenues after Orowyrm.

New Warframe-I prefer prime Warframes so not too interested in initial reveals other than free MR. Not too interested to hear about how this is yet another time gated frame following Styanax and Caliban, hopefully drop rates are decent-ish to compensate which it is shaping up to be.

E:Disappointed with lack of general discussion in devstream, new augments anyone? Random piece of tidbit that is worthy to include? etc.

Edited by XHADgaming
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, (XBOX)ONI Prowess said:

disappointed at there continued neglect at ever talking about actual gameplay issues or community sentiment. duviri rng is still garbage, defense is still garbage, but oh look another prime give us money. 

Worse than that, they were saying the majority of feedback was with gear RNG. While it is a major point of feedback, there are so many other issues they aren't touching on. I alone have 78+ upvotes on a feedback post that doesn't actually go into any discussion on gear RNG as I'm someone who owns everything and can't speak to that. That's just one post of many. DE is intentionally side-stepping the elephants in the room, especially with time-gating and Warframe late/end game feeling like a Mobile game with the way all the latest stuff is farmed.

They did this with Archon Shards too. Kahl's Garrison still lacks a way to earn Tauforged at all when it should be a system that compliments weekly Archon hunts.

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, XHADgaming said:

Wisp Prime!

At the same time while most of everyone discusses her announcement, that also means the next Prime to get vaulted will be:

• Nidus Prime
  • Strun Prime
  • Magnus Prime

With the Strun Incarnon Genesis, the Strun Prime gained more popularity and respect for being the Prime of Warframe's first shotgun. Primes are good signs of "I feel old".

With Duviri's rather disturbing lore through the Lost Island Fragments, wonder what Kullervo will add with the "prison/dungeon"?

43 minutes ago, (XBOX)ONI Prowess said:

disappointed at there continued neglect at ever talking about actual gameplay issues or community sentiment. duviri rng is still garbage, defense is still garbage, but oh look another prime give us money. 

Probably because the separate philosophies of 50 different people trying to say why their way is the best is a never ending battle with no actual solution.

• Like 8

Looks like DE still has the guts to say "NO" to gut gear randomization. Though, letting us mod these our given gears in the cave will alleviate these issues. Until then, my Drifter can carry me when I get a bad roll.

16 minutes ago, Voltage said:

That's just one post of many. DE is intentionally side-stepping the elephants in the room, especially with time-gating and Warframe late/end game feeling like a Mobile game with the way all the latest stuff is farmed.

How are they gonna stop no-life players to complete the game in just a matter of hours if DE does not implement time gating here? At least the time gate is not like those horrendous mobile games.

Given Duviri is another way to earn stuff in the game and with eternalism shenanigans everything can happen there. It's a good opportunity for DE to expand the open world region by adding new islands.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, (XBOX)ONI Prowess said:

I stopped bothering with watching live devstreams years ago pretty much because it was more about 'here's the new stuff, give us money' than it was talking about the game development and player feedback etc.  Throw in the immature jokes and it was like... nah I'm too old for this and I'm younger than Steve etc.

30 minutes ago, Voltage said:

Worse than that, they were saying the majority of feedback was with gear RNG. While it is a major point of feedback, there are so many other issues they aren't touching on. I alone have 78+ upvotes on a feedback post that doesn't actually go into any discussion on gear RNG as I'm someone who owns everything and can't speak to that. That's just one post of many. DE is intentionally side-stepping the elephants in the room, especially with time-gating and Warframe late/end game feeling like a Mobile game with the way all the latest stuff is farmed.

They did this with Archon Shards too. Kahl's Garrison still lacks a way to earn Tauforged at all when it should be a system that compliments weekly Archon hunts.

But there isn't a problem if you don't take any notice of it..... insert your meme of choice, there's plenty to pick from

I've said it before, in one of your threads iirc, the way the game is going is being heavily driven by mobile phone game tactics and in all honesty I'm fully expecting a paid battle pass at some point....

Even the bit mentioned about Kullivero dropping items, note the plural, we can exchange for the parts could be argued as ignoring the issues we have regarding necramech and necramech weapon parts on deimos.  It also doesn't say (or I missed it) how many of each item we will need so grinding out 6 levels each time is again ignoring the necessity to do 6 rounds etc.... The introduction of multi level grind for stuff, I just want to fire the person that had this idea, it's one of the worst additions to the game.

Time gating for a new frame is pretty normal but everything is kind of starting to feel like the game play and enjoyability of the game comes second and 'how we're going to sell something' comes first (which is very mobile game type philosophy), the UI with duviri, especially the cave is a perfect example of this.

RNG sucks but so does the 1 week to get the loot from the circuit.... not everyone can dedicate that much time in a week to warframe, if I can't guarantee I'll be able to complete 5/10 rounds why would I even bother starting it in the first place.

Also pretty sure the resource booster not working is pretty high on the list of bugs we want fixing lol

Edited by LSG501
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

How are they gonna stop no-life players to complete the game in just a matter of hours if DE does not implement time gating here? At least the time gate is not like those horrendous mobile games.

Given Duviri is another way to earn stuff in the game and with eternalism shenanigans everything can happen there. It's a good opportunity for DE to expand the open world region by adding new islands.

There's a point where the time-gating becomes excessive. I don't expect DE to remove time-gating altogether. Like you said, it's a necessary evil to pad out updates. Syndicates, dailies, crafting times, and some other examples are acceptable levels I expected from a free game like this way back when I started in 2015. Weeklies on top of weeklies though have just become a new norm that severely waters down updates into "who cares what the structure of content is, I can't earn all the rewards until X calendar date 6 months from now" (or never if you care about Archon Shards).

I find it pretty crazy that people think it's fine that Warframe's roots have been pushed aside so that the game feels like every average live service game only around to make the game a habitual treadmill for you to go with if you want to be updated for exciting new additions to the game.

It's rough from my perspective as a player who frequently goes against the curve of the average player. Ignorance is bliss I guess.

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

But there isn't a problem if you don't take any notice of it..... insert your meme of choice, there's plenty to pick from

I've said it before, in one of your threads iirc, the way the game is going is being heavily driven by mobile phone game tactics and in all honesty I'm fully expecting a paid battle pass at some point....

Even the bit mentioned about Kullivero dropping items, note the plural, we can exchange for the parts could be argued as ignoring the issues we have regarding necramech and necramech weapon parts on deimos.  It also doesn't say (or I missed it) how many of each item we will need so grinding out 6 levels each time is again ignoring the necessity to do 6 rounds etc.... The introduction of multi level grind for stuff, I just want to fire the person that had this idea, it's one of the worst additions to the game.

Time gating for a new frame is pretty normal but everything is kind of starting to feel like the game play and enjoyability of the game comes second and 'how we're going to sell something' comes first (which is very mobile game type philosophy), the UI with duviri, especially the cave is a perfect example of this.

True. It's rough when the industry has titans like Diablo Immortal or FIFA raking in an insane amount of profit over 0 effort treadmill game design to extract money from players. I read recently Diablo Immortal makes over $2 million per day. PER DAY. That's like a massive sign saying "If you aren't exploiting your playerbase, you're a loser <insert Risitas laughing>".

• Like 3

Just now, Voltage said:

True. It's rough when the industry has titans like Diablo Immortal or FIFA raking in an insane amount of profit over 0 effort treadmill game design to extract money from players. I read recently Diablo Immortal makes over $2 million per day. PER DAY. That's like a massive sign saying "If you aren't exploiting your playerbase, you're a loser <insert Risitas laughing>".

Guess who is a minority shareholder in Diablo Immortal's dev company....yep you guessed it Tencent and we all know, well those without our heads in the sand, they are very poorly regarded in the mobile game space due to their tactics etc.  I'm kind of dreading the direction the game will go when the game goes mobile because you just know that it will drift into the pc/console version, arguably it already is.

I don't begrudge a company making money, just value the players time etc when you're doing it.... I even had the ironic survey question in game asking if I felt DE respected player time and investment a little after duviri released... I didn't say yes and it was a yes/no question....

• Like 3

Thanks as always Mako!

My takeaways from the stream:

The static portals after the wyrm fight for arcanes has me intrigued. I like having another farm able avenue for arcanes. And gives me a reason to use the 50+ decrees I find lol

New frame as a mini boss looks cool. Glad we can also trade resources for bps

What's up with DE's obsession lately with handlebars on helmet pieces. First Hildryn Prime and now the new operator suit 🤣

And as another user said it:

4 hours ago, TeaHands said:

Oh my god someone ripped Wisp Prime's head off.

I had the same thought. For real, where's her head 😂

• Like 3