Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Newest Wave Of Incarnons Will Be Purchasable With Platinum

Five new Incarnons will be added in Echoes of Duviri, all of which will be buyable from the market. Kinda funny. Part of the reason being that they don't want to make people wait too long to get them. Who coulda seen this coming, that locking weapons to a particular week backfires pretty hard when you plan to add more.

Edited by (XBOX)TheWayOfWisdom
  • Like 18

1 minute ago, Kaiga said:

That 5 week time gate was designed by a fool. 

You should have access to the full pool, but only a couple of picks per week, especially if they're adding more.

Or generic adapters, where an Incarnon Adapter is just an Incarnon Adapter. Each week you can get 2 Adapters and can use them for any valid weapon. Just make it a resource.

• Like 21

4 minutes ago, Kaiga said:

I mean, maybe it was done on purpose with the forethought it'd allow them to sell future weapons for plat 🤷‍♂️

Not that I care much either way, personally. I play WF more casually nowadays, so waiting 1-5 weeks before I can farm the new weapons doesn't change much for me. There'll be other stuff to do. 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, (XBOX)TheWayOfWisdom said:

Five new Incarnons will be added in Echoes of Duviri, all of which will be buyable from the market. Kinda funny. Part of the reason being that they don't want to make people wait too long to get them. Who coulda seen this coming, that locking weapons to a particular week backfires pretty hard when you plan to add more.

It really doesnt bother me, i at least feel happy they give people the option to buy them in order to skip the wait tho i feel they should limit the purchase of these market incarnons to 2 per week like the normal rotation does.

6 minutes ago, Kaiga said:

You should have access to the full pool, but only a couple of picks per week, especially if they're adding more.

This, which also applies to Relics, they could have made you pic the drop pool suffix instead of the specific relic with the suffix, this would make all primes accessible all year long.

45 minutes ago, (XBOX)TheWayOfWisdom said:

Did it backfire? They created a demand via timegates and now they are going to allow players to bypass that timegate by way of premium currency. It's been their business model for years. Guess this thread is going to become another "one of those" threads where people debate whether it is p2w because someone is going to point out this is p2w.

That someone is me: Warframe is p2w.

Edit: In all honesty I don't mind the p2w aspects of Warframe too much, but I will say one of the things I dislike about p2w is how it can affect grinds and timegates to egregious levels (eg R5 Arcane Energize is around a 60-hour grind if farmed efficiently with an avg time of 8.5 mins per Tridolon). It is a bit too soon to really make a judgment, but if it ends up being a case of being able to buy all the weapons in one week or having to wait a few months, even multiple weeks, to farm them all due to timegates/artificial limits on amount farmable, I'd say it is a case of the p2w model being a bit too egregious.

Edited by Silligoose
  • Like 7

Personally, I think the rotating Incarnon selection is a healthy design for the game.  Obviously as humans we all have the instinctual desire to get what we want right now, but that same desire works against us when we get what we want immediately and then have nothing more that we truly desire to work towards (some call this phenomenon a "content drought").

• Like 12

18 minutes ago, Kaiga said:

>a fool

Implying this wasnt intentional.

"Oh shucks you just have to wait literally a month to get it without plat🙃".

Cash grab.

• Like 2

Anyone remember what the new incarnons were so I don't get my rivens sniped by poachers trying to capitalize on their early knowledge of upcoming changes?

I didn't clip that segment of the dev stream and I'm waiting for the vod to show up so I can skip to it again.

21 hours ago, sly_squash said:

Anyone remember what the new incarnons were so I don't get my rivens sniped by poachers trying to capitalize on their early knowledge of upcoming changes?

I didn't clip that segment of the dev stream and I'm waiting for the vod to show up so I can skip to it again.

Gorgon, Angstrum, Boar, and Gammacor I think.

Edit: And Anku.

https://64.media.tumblr.com/avatar_b80b99a3fe24_128.pnj

Edited by PublikDomain
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

Personally, I think the rotating Incarnon selection is a healthy design for the game.  Obviously as humans we all have the instinctual desire to get what we want right now, but that same desire works against us when we get what we want immediately and then have nothing more that we truly desire to work towards (some call this phenomenon a "content drought").

Not everyone has unlimited leisure time to play warframe all week. Miss one rotation because of irl circumstances or you know, your job, and whoops there's a six week time gate because loldesign.

Not all incarnons are made equally either. For most people it is a certain week or bust.

Edited by Kaiga
  • Like 6

23 minutes ago, Silligoose said:

I'm not disagreeing with you, but I would love to see someone attempt a p2w run of Warframe. Where at the end they have to do 1 full round of Void Armageddon on Solo Steelpath.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Corvid said:

Pretty sure Torid still needs headshots, it just doesn't need many to max out (3 IIRC).

As someone who has been maining Torid since I got the Incarnon, I can guarantee that it only needs bodyshots to get that good Incarnon juice.  I believe it's the only ranged Incarnon that has this feature, and it's the reason I use it instead of others (my arthritis can make precision aiming troublesome).

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Silligoose said:

Did it backfire? They created a demand via timegates and now they are going to allow players to bypass that timegate by way of premium currency. It's been their business model for years. Guess this thread is going to become another "one of those" threads where people debate whether it is p2w because someone is going to point out this is p2w.

Edit: In all honesty I don't mind the p2w aspects of Warframe too much, but I will say one of the things I dislike about p2w is how it can affect grinds and timegates to egregious levels (eg R5 Arcane Energize is around a 60-hour grind if farmed efficiently with an avg time of 8.5 mins per Tridolon). It is a bit too soon to really make a judgment, but if it ends up being a case of being able to buy all the weapons in one week or having to wait a few months, even multiple weeks, to farm them all due to timegates/artificial limits on amount farmable, I'd say it is a case of the p2w model being a bit too egregious.

Warframe is def Pay to Win, but also because the content is frankly not that hard and we aren't competing with other players to complete stuff I think a lot of people don't feel super pressured to spend on power increases. Also helps that premium currency is farmable ingame so stuff still feels within reach for F2Ps.

• Like 2