Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I really hate the idea of putting Jackal into Undercroft

SP Circuit is hard enough when you’re given sub optimal gear. Throwing in one of the harder boss fights is going turn it from a struggle to get through to people flat out abandoning the Circuit run the second they read that Assassination is the next mission type because you’ll only be tickling Jackals legs the entire time.

• Like 16

12 minutes ago, CoffeeElemental said:

And why Jackal tho? It's strange to see it there.

If i remember right the jackal was the most liked boss fights in one of the surveys and results.

Looking forward to getting ass kicked cause the lag will make the laser walls funky. 

But seriously , I am actually glad there is going to be a semi decent boss fight thrown in there.

• Like 8

its one of their most developed and interesting boss fights

of course they are going to hack it off and stick it in duviri, they seem to really like it or be committed to it personally and are just grabbing whatever they can from warframe to prop up content for their new baby. 

does not matter if its weird or does not make sense, does not fit and detracts from the original jackel fight. they just really only care about this one thing right now. 

all we can do is wait for them to get bored and move on.

Edited by (XBOX)ONI LawIiet
  • Like 5

i'd be okay with it being the Terra Jackal type, the 'mini Jackal' that you see on Venus Landscape.

though if they're going to do more with that Enemy, can we fix its Energy Shield thing, so that it isn't sometimes invisible? leaving Players to be confused why they're shooting and nothing is happening.

the 'full' Jackal, would just seem out of place though.

• Like 1

Doesn't help that Jackal that has "interactions" with the rift. It infuriates me that it is not consistent, both talking about beam walls and rift interactions.

DE will just say ah but that is where decrees come in to make SP bearable. Yeah no if the supply of viable weapons and warframe combos is super limited then the supply of weapons isn't going to magically become everything once you say decrees is going to make the fight be on the same level.

Still, having a boss enemy that can actually be damaged by almost every weapon in the game is a lot better than a boss that cannot even be tickled by a melee weapon (Orowyrm). But then again it will likely not have a decent supply of ammo so better hope melee is your good weapon.

38 minutes ago, (NSW)Vampire_Mika said:

atleast  it isnt a multistage Vay Hek Terra Frame or Lephantis (learned first hand how painful this boss is with high damage, low fire rate weapons on steelpath).

Yeah. . . .Reminder that Lephantis was never intended for higher levels and was originally created with a damage formula back when it could only be fought at level 40. So the increased health breaks it. No more doing it for me at sortie-level or higher as a result.

Lephantis would be a good fight to have if the damage formula for it was revised to be more fair since it doesn't have as much needless waiting around compared to Vay Hek or Lch Krill that can still be CCed during his invuln phases.

Jackal isn't up there on the needless waiting scale but could use some improvements in that area.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

Throwing in one of the harder boss fights

Jackal hard? Since when? Not even the Razorback is hard.

I usually main Zephyr which easily gets me through the spinning Laser walls phase just by hovering over it, in the case of the Spiral DE is adding cover and there is no ceiling which means you can jump far higher over the Lasers to avoid them.

• Like 5

49 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

🤣

Not since but until when !

Jackal was hard until he got rework mainly because he was the 2nd boss you encounter but the harder/most annoying to kill (until Babar the bullet sponge).

• Was Jackal hard ? he you used your brain and take your time... NO for most players, YES for most HardCore-FPS-players
  • Will Jackal be hard to Kill ? He can be tricky or tanky but unless we got and EXIMUS JACKAL... not really
  • Could Jackal be hard to kill for anyone ? unless getting an Orphix like adaptative Health with an Archon's 4 stack-max defense.... NO

2 hours ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

I usually main Zephyr which easily gets me through the spinning Laser walls phase just by hovering over it, in the case of the Spiral DE is adding cover and there is no ceiling which means you can jump far higher over the Lasers to avoid them.

Have you ever fought it in SP with a frame that can’t tank?

• Like 3

They're really going to put Jackal in SP Circuit? Where did you hear this?

This can't be... what were they thinking? I figured DE would put Ropalolyst or Wolf of Saturn Six in SP Circuit. That would be more inline with DE's changes to Defense and Survival in SP Circuit!

• Like 1

Just now, nslay said:

It was in the most recent dev stream, I believe. It's...a weird choice, to be sure, but I will wait and see how it goes.

Just now, emmyemi said:

It was in the most recent dev stream, I believe. It's...a weird choice, to be sure, but I will wait and see how it goes.

These moves sound to me like DE is trying to make it so that most players can't even finish Tier 5... even with the help of pubs.

If I was going to sell Incarnon adapters, I'd want people to extract from SP Circuit early and have a high chance for a bad equipment roll for the next attempt. And making Defense way easier to fail and adding a time-consuming assassination mission sounds like a good strategy to help most players struggle to get even 1 Incarnon adapter a week.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, CoffeeElemental said:

And why Jackal tho? It's strange to see it there.

Part of me wants to think it's a meta joke. We know from Undercroft Defense that dead things can show up in the Undercroft (yet more evidence the Void is the afterlife) to be refurbished and sent back up, maybe this is Jackal 1.0 trying to help the Corpus somehow?

But if so they chose a really weird boss to do it with. Jackal 1.0's character model is still in the game. Twice actually, as the Terra Jackal on Venus and the Lynx in Sabotage missions. There's plenty of other stuff that's been more "forgotten." The still-unfinished Nef Anyo boss fight springs to mind...

26 minutes ago, nslay said:

These moves sound to me like DE is trying to make it so that most players can't even finish Tier 5... even with the help of pubs.

Tier 5 isn't remotely difficult to get, you can get it done in about an hour. And all 10 tiers take roughly 4-5 tops.

It's not hard to complete.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, (XBOX)Cram Duahcim said:

Tier 5 isn't remotely difficult to get, you can get it done in about an hour. And all 10 tiers take roughly 4-5 tops.

It's not hard to complete.

Only if you get the right roll. And now with the new Defense change, it's really sketchy to go Defense round 3+... a lot of frames can even nearly fail round 1.

You'd be more correct before... not even remotely true anymore. I used to steam roll 6-7 Tiers in one sitting. Not anymore.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, nslay said:

This can't be... what were they thinking? I figured DE would put Ropalolyst or Wolf of Saturn Six in SP Circuit. That would be more inline with DE's changes to Defense and Survival in SP Circuit!

In the devstream. They said they’re adding Jackal to the undercroft. Which means it’s getting added to the circuit. Which means it’ll be in SP Circuit.