Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"New" Prime weapon from TennoCon

Myscho

58 minutes ago, (XBOX)CaligulaTwily said:

Looks like unvoidwarped Aeolak from the one trailer, with the Grineer Prime before they got all clone rotted?

Was thinking the same thing. It has the aeolak’s whiskers 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, TeaHands said:

Kinda looks like Latron Prime and Aeolak had a stylish baby

Honestly, it kinda looks like the Aeolak with its antennae in the front:

Aeolak.png

But it's also the weapon we see in the new opening cinematic:

Warframe-Official-Cinematic-Opening-Trai

• Like 7

2 hours ago, (XBOX)CaligulaTwily said:

Looks like unvoidwarped Aeolak from the one trailer, with the Grineer Prime before they got all clone rotted?

I thought it looked weirdly familiar. Of course I saw the Aeolak apperance but something beyond that felt familiar.

51 minutes ago, PazuulLoveMe said:

Seems weird that DE would change the name.

My guess is that the Aeolak is how the Drifter remembered of the original Gotva

You know, conceptual embodiment & all that

Edited by -Krism-
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, PazuulLoveMe said:

I picked out the Aeolak, straight away.

Seems weird that DE would change the name.

9 minutes ago, -Krism- said:

My guess is that the Aeolak is how the Drifter remembered of the original Gotva

You know, conceptual embodiment & all that

I think it's more of a technical reason. DE probably don't want to have rivens for two weapons that function completely differently.

Though I wonder if this implies we'll get a non-void Hespar.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PublikDomain said:

It is the Aeolak.

ekajeoa.jpg

Or, the pre-Duviri'd version.

^^This^^

It's a weapon that was shown in 2019. It's also in the first Warframe Cinematic trailer being held by an old Grineer Warrior, So it's an Old War Weapon. 

The Aeolak was likely reused in Zariman for the Thrax warriors, so basically the Gotva Prime is the Aeolak Prime.

Lore reason could simply be that the Aeolak is a void version of the Gotva Prime.

• Like 2

Cool, Aeolak's a top 5 favorite weapon for me, so anything alluding to it is pretty exciting.  I wonder how it will be different.  No radiation damage seems like a given.

8 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

I hope it'll get added to baro's rotation or something, as I don't know if I'll be able to watch Tennocon when it goes live. 

I usually miss these, and they've popped up with Baro every time.  The last one didn't even take very long after Tennocon.

Nice!

I like new stuff, I like the Aeolak, and I like when we get new Prime things. Can't wait to see the stats. 

Wonder if this is a subtle in joke about DE milking things for all they are worth (as far as I can tell, some definitions of Gotva refer to the nature or condition of a cow, am free to be corrected by someone who knows better!)

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Zahnny said:

I wonder if the Aeolak was originally meant to come out AFTER the Gotva Prime due to the description.

I'm fairly certain that it's just a nod to the weapon's appearance in the cinematic intro, something that would only be noticed by people who had been paying close attention. If the release order was meant to be swapped, it would probably be more explicit about the connection. Something like "This standard-issue old-war rifle has been tainted by prolonged exposure to the Void".

Edited by Corvid

22 hours ago, Zahnny said:

Looked up the Aeolak in game and I wonder if the Aeolak was originally meant to come out AFTER the Gotva Prime due to the description.

FwRT58i.png

The description is more alluding to the shark look of the weapon. Pretty sure common sense would've told people that.

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

The description is more alluding to the shark look of the weapon. Pretty sure common sense would've told people that.

I don't really believe it, but I enjoy thinking of it as a sly  joke about how similar it is to another MR10 auto rifle with a charge-up explosive altfire and innate radiation damage.